• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted

2nd day of snow waiting on one spot lol

havent played or moved a inch since yesterday evening

gimme a daym snow in calpheon, and not in the night pls, i want a snowy day, gosh

Posted

2nd day of snow waiting on one spot lol

havent played or moved a inch since yesterday evening

gimme a daym snow in calpheon, and not in the night pls, i want a snowy day, gosh

I want it in the night because I cant see the snow on my daylight screenshots :D

Posted (edited)

I want it in the night because I cant see the snow on my daylight screenshots :D

change filters ;) ctrl+shift and up-down arrow keys, scroll through them, there are some that show snow real nice in the day

OMG I DID IT

the snow screenshot

holy moly

time to wait for snow for the second scenario xD

Edited by Nanimonai
1 person likes this

Posted

You may submit the photos in the theme of the season if that makes things easier for you, obviously if there is a holiday on a specific month you are going for (such as Christmas or Thanksgiving) and the photo heavily conveys this we'll likely set those aside for that specific month. I expect we'll have a large number of photos submitted with a variety of methods in their approach, so as long as they are appropriate for the season that is sufficient.

Hope that helps!

Absolutely, so long as they meet the rules listed this should be absolutely fine.

I understand, unfortunately due to the tight scheduling for this (especially since we'll need the physical copies printed before 2017) we weren't able to give as much time as we'd like to each season. If it wasn't clear you are most welcome to submit for any season or only a few of them as time permits. You do not have to have a screenshot for every section to still be included in the contest.

The snow is currently tied to the rain storms (instead of a rain storm you get a snow storm) and this takes a little time for the snow to pile up and become visible. We're looking into balancing this between too much bright white, which can make the game very unpleasant for some folks, and too little. Unfortunately folks are going to have to make do with the current settings.

You shouldn't need to install or repair anything, this will automatically trigger once the appropriate time has been met. You may however need to relog or reload the game to see the changes.

Ok. That cleared things up. :) Thank you CM_Aethon.

Posted

I honestly forgot this event was going, shame I missed the autumn season... Here's my December picture from last night's Orwen picture shoot with GM's Dew and Death!(Thanks again for the milk and cookies you two). Hopefully more to come.

7lf6KTK.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

That picture is pretty cool! But that damn horse wagon :-\

Posted

Yeah, I wish we could hide parked vehicles-- especially since this picture was taken right next to the main road in Heidel. Still, I think it turned out pretty well, and we can just chalk the floating horses up to a Christmas miracle!

Posted

Jesus... I just took 500 winter screenshots on top of the ones I already had. T-T Luckily half of them are crap anyway and an insta delete, but urgh... gonna be so annoying to weed those out tomorrow. And maybe 50 have snow in them tops.

I kid you not, I was about to stop with the screenshots when it suddenly started snowing right where I was for the first time today. :S

Posted

2016-11-11_34848191.thumb.JPG.e9d6138b95

When the event starts and you're so excited !

2016-11-11_34940149.thumb.JPG.0be485420d

When you're tired after all the screenies ...

Posted

Spring

Posted

Just snatching up a placeholder for now. So excited! ^_^

Posted

Just snatching up a placeholder for now. So excited! ^_^

You don't need a placeholder - there won't be any voting in this thread and your pictures will be seen by more people if you make a new post for them. ^_^

(But I'm really excited as well, although I've barely decided on any submissions yet, tseehee. xD) 

Posted

1. Picture The Seasons

Take a screenshot of your characters in the theme of each season. We encourage you to be creative and most of all, have fun! Our staff will pick the 5 best screenshots for each month and let you vote on the final winners to be featured in our 2017 calendar. Winners will be announced on November 28th.

• Start Date: November 4th, 2016
  • End Date: November 20th, 2016 (Final Submission Date)
  • Voting Period: November 21st - 27th
  • Season Dates:
    • Autumn Weather [Sep, Oct, Nov]: 11/4 - 11/9
    • Winter Weather [Dec, Jan, Feb]: 11/10 - 11/11 - Active!
    • Spring Weather [Mar, Apr, May]: 11/12 - 11/13
    • Summer Weather [Jun, Jul, Aug]: 11/14 - 11/15

@CM_Aethon

Any way to have Winter Weather active again after the Summer Weather? I've been looking for some good spots to take a picture at and just noticed today that only Autumn Weather was active for many days so today i've been waiting for many hours at one location but so far i haven't seen snow anywhere around the area...

I'd really like to take a picture in the snow.

Red.

Posted

It was really hard finding good winter screenies since the snow was random.... 

inUBSh0.jpg

Also, I found trees that might or might not exist outside of Fall.

9WPsfht.jpg

I hope at least one of my screen shots make it to the voting stage.

Posted

this is not for the contest, just saying bye to xmas decorations %)

SqKq1rj.png

Posted

this is not for the contest, just saying bye to xmas decorations %)

It is a really nice shot though! I have no idea if this is contest material, but here's one of my decoration pics as well. ^_^ In hindsight, I should maybe have taken a look around instead of only doing something with the ones in Heidel, but eh... too late.

jhN2AbX.png

Posted

It is a really nice shot though! I have no idea if this is contest material, but here's one of my decoration pics as well. ^_^ In hindsight, I should maybe have taken a look around instead of only doing something with the ones in Heidel, but eh... too late.

haha thanks, yours is nice too, cool when some1 takes pics with you, i did it all so alone Q_Q

got like million of shots these 2 days xD sometimes got real funny faces and poses 

eIOFoiPcyTGE2CX

Posted

• If I have already submitted an image can I swap my submission?
        • The forms do allow for users to go back and edit their submission in the event you have an issue, or would like to change your picture.

My autumn form has been reset. Should I create a new one or has this happened because I cannot submit autumn images anymore? 

Posted

You don't need a placeholder - there won't be any voting in this thread and your pictures will be seen by more people if you make a new post for them. ^_^

(But I'm really excited as well, although I've barely decided on any submissions yet, tseehee. xD) 

Oh, I mean to keep coming back where I have looked at stuff! (My bookmarks are being derpy and I'm too lazy to fix the issue currently. LOL) Especially since folks keep posting to this thread anyways, I promise I read the information/saw how one has to submit their pics! :D Thanks though, just in case it wasn't due to those reasons! :D

Posted

image link or direct link ?

Posted

@CM_Aethon

Any way to have Winter Weather active again after the Summer Weather? I've been looking for some good spots to take a picture at and just noticed today that only Autumn Weather was active for many days so today i've been waiting for many hours at one location but so far i haven't seen snow anywhere around the area...

I'd really like to take a picture in the snow.

Red.

After a discussion with our Dev's regarding this, they've informed me that unfortunately this cannot be done at this time due to time constraints in their scheduled content. Sorry guys I know many of you were having issues getting the perfect winter shot, do the best you can and I apologize that more time couldn't be given.

My autumn form has been reset. Should I create a new one or has this happened because I cannot submit autumn images anymore? 

Spoke with you directly via PM, we should be able to get you sorted out! ;)

image link or direct link ?

Either will work, though a direct link will help cut down some of our processing time as our team reviews the pictures, so if you'd like to go the extra step we'll certainly appreciate it!

Posted

This event is so much fun, I would like it to have more like this. Maybe some "screenshot of the month" event or something? Getting rewards isn't that important.

Posted

gonna edit my shots into this post c:

Posted (edited)

Just uploading some scenery shots since the competition requires your character to be in it.

KhU8E0i.jpg

jCdqztQ.png

Edited by Bombolz
1 person likes this

Posted

haha thanks, yours is nice too, cool when some1 takes pics with you, i did it all so alone Q_Q

got like million of shots these 2 days xD sometimes got real funny faces and poses 

The fail pics only increase when you have two chars in the pic that can potentially pull the worst derp faces though. ;'D But I wanted Christmas-y december pics and since it's a time you spend with your loved ones, I got my sorceress' IC partner to model for me as well. ^_^

Oh, I mean to keep coming back where I have looked at stuff! (My bookmarks are being derpy and I'm too lazy to fix the issue currently. LOL) Especially since folks keep posting to this thread anyways, I promise I read the information/saw how one has to submit their pics! :D Thanks though, just in case it wasn't due to those reasons! :D

Ah, alright! I wasn't sure how you meant the placeholder, but thx for clarifying! :D

1 person likes this