• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture The Seasons - Calendar Event! [Winners Announced]

595 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Why are there so much tulips in summer, now? In middle europe, tulips just bloom in spring. I am irritated.

2016-11-14_2406375.thumb.JPG.c012fd3358f

Edited by Nyrante
1 person likes this

Posted

I've been running last night for 2h all around Serendia hunting snow with my friend. The duration is so short! ;_; (at least i managed to snipe a few pics... i think u.u)

Edit: Until when can we edit the pictures on the entries? I mean if i submited an autumn pic, and i want to replace it, but its currently winter, can i still replace it?

waiting for your screens^^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Some screenshot taking tips:

• Ctrl+shift+left during ctrl+u mode to make character stop looking towards camera.
  • Certain cash shop costumes have unique idle animations. If you want the same animation with a different outfit, wait for animation to start and then change outfit. This is tricky to set up though.
  • Press enter and click on the M button (macro settings menu) to the right of the text field. This way you can set up shortcuts for triggering animations at will.
  • This is subjective, but a way to increase image quality is to turn off sharpening. This can only be done by editing config files: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/53082-finally-found-a-way-to-disable-the-horrible-forced-sharpness-filter-and-other-post-processing-effects/
  • A way to drastically increase image quality is to go with super sampling. The game does not have good AA, and the sharpening filter doesn't help, so going with a really high resolution and downsampling is the only way to get really good image quality. If you use an nvidia graphics card you can turn on DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) in drivers to unlock higher resolutions (not sure if AMD cards have a similar function). This is probably overkill, but I've been taking my screenshots at 5120x2880:  http://www.fluffyquack.com/temp/2016-11-12_279680.PNG
  • Annoyed by your character automatically going into random animations while in ctrl+u mode? Then, well... me too! I don't know of a solution to this and this can be frustrating at times. If anyone knows of a way to get around this, let me know.

I just finished taking screenshots for the event and I'll have them submitted later. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be submitting any winter screenshots. It's a shame snow was only in the game for 2 days and it was rare to see it ingame even during those 2 days.

Edited by FluffyQuack
2 people like this

Posted

Here are my Spring submissions...

March

2016-11-11_162282363.thumb.JPG.cd7071733

April

2016-11-14_414607183.thumb.JPG.cce6d9bbc

May

2016-11-14_411691385.thumb.JPG.15281a3e3

Posted (edited)

Here are my entries, I hope there is atleast one winning picture in there, since there are a lot of other great screenshots made for this event.

And for some reason the post gives different sizes for my screenshots, they all the same though. :/

SPRING

n8HI3PM.png

OpQsTEZ.png

SKChLxi.png

SUMMER

WDHPGXZ.png

VcbmbxB.png

UECfSIe.png

AUTUMN

SHILtAo.png

CAleqXz.png

fjjutck.png

WINTER

XCdZVXW.png

t1WC3z3.png

pOjpBAQ.png

Edited by Mizzy
3 people like this

Posted

Here are my entries, I hope there is atleast one winning picture in there, since there are a lot of other great screenshots made for this event.

And for some reason the post gives different sizes for my screenshots, they all the same though. :/

I have that happen to me as well, no idea what's up with the different screenshot sizes. But the one picture that really stuck out to me is that underwater one for summer, that one looks amazing! xD I'm sure you have a chance with that one!

Posted

I have that happen to me as well, no idea what's up with the different screenshot sizes. But the one picture that really stuck out to me is that underwater one for summer, that one looks amazing! xD I'm sure you have a chance with that one!

Thanks! Yea that image was made when I sawm to Ilya for Winter pics, then I saw Manta Rays which are my favourite animals. So I went to dive and make images mostly for myself. Then I thought I could use that for summer. (: Would be awesome to see that one winning!

Posted (edited)

-shares some love chocolate until finishes spamming printscreen button- :$

Edited by eDust

Posted

Do people know that they have to use the link given to submit screen shots ?
Instead of uploading them into the forum ...

Posted

Do people know that they have to use the link given to submit screen shots ?
Instead of uploading them into the forum ...

Yes, probably, but as they said in the firs post:

Submissions: Below are links to the forms for each season (with the associated months) for screenshot submission. We also encourage you to share your submissions on the forums with each other.

Posted

Yes, probably, but as they said in the firs post:

Submissions: Below are links to the forms for each season (with the associated months) for screenshot submission. We also encourage you to share your submissions on the forums with each other.

Oooh i see now ! Thanks for clarifying ! =)

1 person likes this

Posted

Question about the screenshots that can be submitted. Must they come completely unmodified(except by what modes the game itself has to offer for different captures?), or do we have the liberty to modify the pictures as we see fit before submitting them(With the aid of different programs such as Photoshop, Fireworks, Paint, etc)?

Thank you for the reply.

@CM_Aethon

there is all information about this in the first post~ 

FAQ:
Can we use editing software (ie: photoshop) to enhance the pictures?

You may only make minor adjustments to the color (hue/saturation/brightness) of the screenshot. No external assets may be added, as the screenshot must remain true to its stock appearance.

Some screenshot taking tips:

• Ctrl+shift+left during ctrl+u mode to make character stop looking towards camera.
  • Certain cash shop costumes have unique idle animations. If you want the same animation with a different outfit, wait for animation to start and then change outfit. This is tricky to set up though.
  • Press enter and click on the M button (macro settings menu) to the right of the text field. This way you can set up shortcuts for triggering animations at will.
  • This is subjective, but a way to increase image quality is to turn off sharpening. This can only be done by editing config files: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/53082-finally-found-a-way-to-disable-the-horrible-forced-sharpness-filter-and-other-post-processing-effects/
  • A way to drastically increase image quality is to go with super sampling. The game does not have good AA, and the sharpening filter doesn't help, so going with a really high resolution and downsampling is the only way to get really good image quality. If you use an nvidia graphics card you can turn on DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) in drivers to unlock higher resolutions (not sure if AMD cards have a similar function). This is probably overkill, but I've been taking my screenshots at 5120x2880:  http://www.fluffyquack.com/temp/2016-11-12_279680.PNG
  • Annoyed by your character automatically going into random animations while in ctrl+u mode? Then, well... me too! I don't know of a solution to this and this can be frustrating at times. If anyone knows of a way to get around this, let me know.

I just finished taking screenshots for the event and I'll have them submitted later. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be submitting any winter screenshots. It's a shame snow was only in the game for 2 days and it was rare to see it ingame even during those 2 days.

Oh god D: you are so pro

i knew everything but not the resolution trick( now i am so sad, got so many nice shots, but they are all just 1080p T_T

SPRING

Hidden Content

SUMMER

Hidden Content

AUTUMN

Hidden Content

WINTER

Hidden Content

so cute *o* i also took some pictures with raccoons %D irresistible, after florin quest

Posted (edited)

So i've decided to share my screenies as well :) @Risa Your pics are amazing! :x

Goodluck to everyone and i hope u enjoyed this event as much as i did! \o/

Autumn:

September:

fRdRJng.jpg

October:

vyhIdHT.jpg

November:

ae4suyi.jpg

Winter:

December:

winter-january_maybe_4.thumb.jpg.6c943bb

January:

winter-december.thumb.jpg.bfca39db8b1fef

February:

winter-_february.thumb.jpg.fab8a836fdb8c

Spring: 

March:

HXINYQr.jpg

April:

smKSpcb.jpg

May:

EZzmJHf.jpg

Summer: 

June:

YFreEeV.jpg

July:

4F1chGL.jpg

August:

cn5XBaK.jpg

P.S Some of the pics are bigger cuz the file is bigger :c Forum wont allow above 1MB so imgur resize it. :ph34r:

Edited by eDust
10 people like this

Posted

So i've decided to share my screenies as well :) @Risa Your pics are amazing! :x

Autumn:

Hidden Content

Winter:

Hidden Content

Spring: 

Hidden Content

Summer: 

Hidden Content

Thank you hun ! :3 So are yours~ Beautiful as always! Esspecially the spring tulip pic *-* ♥

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Never done this before... I stumbled upon some flowers on my way to Altinova today!!

Happy Spring!

EDIT: My picture is so boring compared to all yours!
I didn't even edit mine D:

2016-11-14_300897384.JPG

Edited by Kallas
4 people like this

Posted

Never done this before... I stumbled upon some flowers on my way to Altinova today!!

Happy Spring

He looks like "Tulips? What the hell should I do with that?"

:D

2 people like this

Posted

Autumn:

Hidden Content

Winter:

Hidden Content

Spring: 

Hidden Content

Summer: 

Hidden Content

*_* beautiful pictures... i am too shy now to post my submissions

i also got idea in autumn section with character trying to warm up near fire ^^;

Posted

*_* beautiful pictures... i am too shy now to post my submissions

i also got idea in autumn section with character trying to warm up near fire ^^;

Dont be silly and go ahead! There are many beautiful pictures around!

Can't wait to see more! xx

Posted (edited)

A bit late but better than never: 

Autumn

PBa78Qg.jpg

Spring

A3hnLuR.jpg

Summer 

fbAoIbE.jpg

JOmuUHn.jpgSVyioCy.jpg

Winter 

JkWbnfY.jpg

Y u haf 2 compress my 4k

Edited by Cytho

Posted

Why are there so much tulips in summer, now? In middle europe, tulips just bloom in spring. I am irritated.

Hidden Content

Yeah it's weird, I never associated tulips with summer; I even used the tulip fields near Calpheon for my spring shot lol

Posted

Umm I'm going to use the "wedding" pictures for spring ^_^

Posted

Autumn

2016-11-08_8059931.thumb.jpg.6ca622781382016-11-010.thumb.jpg.1469ecd66e3e5ac71d2016-11-012.thumb.jpg.9b302dac7aad37cedd

Winter

2016-11-013.thumb.jpg.31d3bbd3510ec6871c2016-11-11_7459658012.thumb.jpg.c94dc7f62016-11-014.thumb.jpg.d1e13d38e0ec406467

Spring

2016-11-015.thumb.jpg.b69e362c7edebd870f2016-11-013.thumb.jpg.5f5b8dbcf6078df1262016-11-016.thumb.jpg.43deaad696f99f866f

Summer

2016-11-016.thumb.JPG.1af7f9294de45c880c2016-11-015.thumb.JPG.a7afd51d5eb31457da2016-11-010.thumb.jpg.3f4d750438c8a9a960

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Alright, I'm still missing spring and I might change one of my summer submissions, but here we goooo!

Autumn

rYmRvle.pngIoysFeY.pngSj4iOMm.png

Winter 

kMZM1p1.pngfr7Lv9h.pngBfJrUh7.png

Spring

lTjAEE7.png3Jo1Luv.png26TmhiZ.png

Summer 

JOWUAAz.pngNMFMuz8.pngZFeowwl.png

Edited by Natah
4 people like this

Posted

Autumn