• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Family "Fame" System

42 posts in this topic

Posted

This patch supposedly came out in August on KR: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4x6p9r/kr_patch_note_11th_august/ 

It referenced something called a Family Fame System according to the translation:

New system has been added, Family Fame system.

All your characters’ stat and information will be calculated and get bigger benefit when you have more characters.

Fame is composed of Battle, Life, and Special. More details can be checked on My information (P).

Battle and Life Fame will be calculated with all character’s battle and life level.

Special Fame will be calculated with family’s knowledge and contribution point.

Daily benefit according to the fame will be sent through in-game mail at midnight.

Fame System will be improved more on next week’s maintenance.

I haven't been able to find any more information on it though it's supposed to have been out for awhile. Can someone help me figure out the details of the system or point me to an indepth explanation of the system? I was told by one source that the max awarded could only be 1.75mil but I'd like to see for myself! 

Posted

Finally a reason to level up my alts - ty!

Posted

First I've heard of this, but colour me interested.

(Following)

Posted

Free money for not being a shitter

Posted

I guess... nobody knows @.@

Posted

finally having 6+ level 55 alts will pay off!

Posted

If it's essentially a stipend, based on the number of levelled, skilled character you have, I foresee complaints about how it's clearly P2W, because people who've bought character slots, and put in hundreds of hours getting them to 55+, getting Skill Points and training up their Life skills will have the Distinct advantage of a few thousand extra silver over players who haven't put in that few hundred extra hours.

1 person likes this

Posted

WHAT? really? When are we getting that?
Though, apart from MAJOR expansions AND some other minor tweak/revamps, we are still MANY THINGS fall behind KR!

Posted

@Alterist You play on KR right? What do you know about this?

Posted (edited)

put in hundreds of hours getting them to 55+, getting Skill Points and training up their Life skills will have the Distinct advantage of a few thousand extra silver over players who haven't put in that few hundred extra hours.

All this and still not worthy of those extra thousands of silver?lel

Also this is one of few reason i am levelling all life skills at same time.

Edited by SillySin

Posted

Not anymore really, waste of time to play two different versions. Last time I was online was around July for the ocean update (outdated client now + VPN wasn't really stable).

Though considering how it is never talked about, should be obvious whether or not this makes any kind of impact. Maybe I'll update KR to see how much I get.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

afkalmighty, a guy that plays on korean version, he streamed a while back short after that update and talks about the fame system. Don't remember how much into detail he goes. (Sadly his mic was set pretty low so the music is way louder and he is sort of hard to understand)

Edited by Micariel
1 person likes this

Posted

@Micariel That's interesting it looks like there were brackets for each level that could reward some sort of extra payout. He collected 667k? for his day if I saw that correctly (My eyes are still blurry a bit after my surgery). 

This system seems to capitalize on the skill levels themselves without weighting them and since it combines all of your skill levels mayb it'll be beneficial to start boosting all my alts to 50's and raising all the ir life skills to professional @.@

Posted

Not anymore really, waste of time to play two different versions. Last time I was online was around July for the ocean update (outdated client now + VPN wasn't really stable).

Though considering how it is never talked about, should be obvious whether or not this makes any kind of impact. Maybe I'll update KR to see how much I get.

Since you played on KR with the ocean update, got any knowledge where we will be able to find underwater gatherables? :o Since I haven't found 1 site that has them shown on where to find them, only what you can gather :/. Also..... Was there any sunfish, sturgeon, cuvier or swiri on KR by that time that you know of? :3 

Posted (edited)

• The system stacks up in case you aren't online. I wasn't since the 11th of August update and I got 41.515.000 silver in my mail (437k daily).
  • The fame will be listed up under the character window (P), directly above your health bar. There are three categories:
    1. Battle Fame: It is calculated from the levels of your characters. Characters above 56 are twice as prestige whereas characters above 60 are five times as prestige. Benefits increase every 300 combat fame points:
      • 15~300: 200.000 silver per day
      • 301~600: 350.000 ...
      • 601~900: 500.000 ...
      • 901~1200: 650.000 ...
      • 1201~1500: 800.000 ...
      • 1501 or more: 1.000.000 silver per day
    2. Life fame: It counts the life levels of all characters. Benefits increase every 150 life fame points:
      • 10~150: 100.000 silver per day
      • 151~300: 175.000 ...
      • 301~450: 250.000 ...
      • 451~600: 325.000 ...
      • 601~750: 400.000 ...
      • 751 or more: 500.000 silver per day
    3. Special fame: It counts the knowledge and contribution (points). Benefits increase every 400 special fame points:
      • 50~400: 50.000 silver per day
      • 401~800: 87.000 ...
      • 801~1200: 125.000 ...
      • 1201~1600: 160.000 ...
      • 1601~2000: 200.000 ...
      • 2001 or more: 250.000 silver per day

My fame points are 372 (battle), 1 (life) and 418 (special). Points will also only update after changing characters or relogging.

Life Fame: Calculation is as follows:

• Beginner 1 to Skilled 10: 0 points per level
  • Professional 1 to Master 30: Level divided by 2 (e.g.: Master 10 = Lv60 | 60 / 2 = 30 Life Fame)
  • Guru 1 to Guru 20: Each level gives a full point (e.g.: Guru 10 = Lv90, which also gives 90 Life Fame)

Older edit: From a player on the JP server, screenshots being almost 4 months apart: Life skills and fame. You need an extraordinary amount of life skill levels.

Special Fame: Gets calculated based on your knowledge and Contribution Points. Divive the amount of knowledge you have with 10 and add the CP on top, in my case: "2094 / 10 + 208 = 417,4" which gets rounded up to 418.

Obvious problem is: How the ----- are we supposed to get 2001 fame points with this? CP soft cap will be increased to 400, which means we have to get 16010 knowledge entries to get the last benefit. Too bad that amount doesn't exist and it even gives the least amount of money from all three types...

Battle Fame: Just as described, each level gives one point whereas characters at 56 are worth twice as much (and 60's 5x as much, but I don't have one). My characters levels are: 56, 50, 50, 50, 50, 43, 16. Only adds up to 371 instead of 372, but I guess this is close enough. Deleted characters don't count, so no easy cheese method possible.

Since you played on KR with the ocean update, got any knowledge where we will be able to find underwater gatherables? :o Since I haven't found 1 site that has them shown on where to find them, only what you can gather :/. Also..... Was there any sunfish, sturgeon, cuvier or swiri on KR by that time that you know of? :3 

Everywhere. Most plants underwater can be gathered from, it's currently disabled in EU/NA. I assume the last part is about fishing, if so, I don't fish and therefore don't know about it.

Edited by Alterist
20 people like this

Posted

Everywhere. Most plants underwater can be gathered from, it's currently disabled in EU/NA. I assume the last part is about fishing, if so, I don't fish and therefore don't know about it.

Oh okay xD That's good to hear. Was afraid we'd have to search a lot for it like we do have to for certain gatherables atm. And yeah, those 4 are fishes :P

Thank you for the answer :).

Posted

I foresee complaints about how it's clearly P2W,

well that game is all about very borderling p2w.

Posted

@Alterist Wow thanks for doing that. Super detailed. It looks like the cap is 1.75mil but even though that's a really small amount it even looks like you can't attain that.

Posted

@Alterist Wow thanks for doing that. Super detailed. It looks like the cap is 1.75mil but even though that's a really small amount it even looks like you can't attain that.

its still free money.

Posted

Feels good to be an alt-a-holic. Already have 5 characters awakened with a 6th at 53. Though only 1 of them really is a lifeskiller. Still, the extra money will be nice. Gearing multiple characters is expensive :P

1 person likes this

Posted

yay free money

Posted

add FORUM activity in that '' fame '' system please. thank you.

*rollseyes*

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

so sad that they once again put grind above exploring the game content or life skills! special fame rewards look especially pathetic...

*not whining at all, free moneh is free moneh...

Edited by Nanimonai

Posted (edited)

Its about time. I swear I was telling the guild about this earlier before they posted that its getting dropped tomorrow. Totally didn't level any alts :/ Oh well.

Special Fame does get jipped. I'm at 594 using that calculation and its only 87K...tragic and terrible.

add FORUM activity in that '' fame '' system please. thank you.
*rollseyes*

*fixed for u* You fell asleep on the enter button. 9_9

Bigger avatars for the most famous. 9_99_99_99_99_9

Smaller pics for the notoriously infamous. 9_99_99_99_99_9

Edited by Trixologist

Posted

All this and still not worthy of those extra thousands of silver?lel

Also this is one of few reason i am levelling all life skills at same time.

(Since someone's already brought this back from the dead) 

I'd like to think it was obvious I was pre-emptively mocking the people who'll no doubt complain about this. :P