• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The disadvantage of players created by the Red Nose Box.

65 posts in this topic

Posted

My complaint about the "Fixed Box" that gave out mostly Red Nose again is that the people that received a different piece of armor now have 2 boss pieces instead of 1 for their Loyalty Gift. I understand its all in luck, but that still seems unfair since a character cannot wear 2 sets of Red Nose Armor, but the lucky ones that received a dif type of armor now have the advantage over the ones that didn't. We all logged in those days for the gifts, so should have the same advantage.
Either take the extra Red Nose back and replace, or make the people that have 2 pieces of dif armor exchange and keep only one.
This disadvantage was created by the game, not the players so it should be corrected by the game.  
The entire process was not thought out properly. 

This is that kid who thinks they get a prize just for showing up.

Posted

pong.jpg

INB4 Pong becomes a nolife battleground...

This is that kid who thinks they should get participation trophies.

fixed

Posted (edited)

I've got 3 of the non-RedNose boss pieces and I feel like I"D BE THE ONE at a disadvantage if I suddenly sold my TRI'd agerian and tried to max out this overrated weird crap.  Infact I wouldn't just be at a disadvantage, I'd be BROKE with no Mem frags left and this barbaric +11 gear @ 20 durability

Boss gear isn't a Unilateral advantage, it's a massive Commitment that some of us didn't even ask for (hence why so many sold their's off)

Edited by iller

Posted

Make red nose NPC sale price 50m. Both sides win problem solved.

Posted

Make red nose NPC sale price 50m. Both sides win problem solved.

mmm no.

Lets just absorb all of what the issue is right now.. people are getting rednose armour. Rednose armour is a boss part. Tree Spirit armour is also a boss part.

Rednose armour lacks 200hp compared to Tree spirit.

Both give +100 mp/sp/wp.

Both have the same dp scaling.

One turns you into a giant cookie monster of your choosing, the other actually looks like the other 3 boss gear parts and fits the style.

Rednose is worth 10mil. Hebe is worth 95mil.

So you are complaining.. that you got rednose twice, when because it's so cheap it's cheaper to use 1 artisan memory, and spend 10mil to repair it, but because rednose doesn't have +200 hp, it's worthless.. I'm very confused with your qqing. If the original box gave everyone hebe and the 2nd box gave you hebe as well, you'd still be here in this forum complaining wouldn't you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kakao should just stop giving out stuff, no more events. Seems like most of the players are ingrates that don't deserve it.

2 people like this

Posted

is it still unfair if somone got tree armour? 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok, I'm over it.  sry, just a bit of baby coming out from me.  Didn't I tell you that I'm really 2 yrs old.  Thx for listening and slapping me around a little.  shutting up now.  oh, til the next time.  

My complaint about the "Fixed Box" that gave out mostly Red Nose again is that the people that received a different piece of armor now have 2 boss pieces instead of 1 for their Loyalty Gift. I understand its all in luck, but that still seems unfair since a character cannot wear 2 sets of Red Nose Armor, but the lucky ones that received a dif type of armor now have the advantage over the ones that didn't. We all logged in those days for the gifts, so should have the same advantage.
Either take the extra Red Nose back and replace, or make the people that have 2 pieces of dif armor exchange and keep only one.
This disadvantage was created by the game, not the players so it should be corrected by the game.  

Posted 2 minutes ago · Report post

Ok, I'm over it.  sry, just a bit of baby coming out from me.  Didn't I tell you that I'm really 2 yrs old.  Thx for listening and slapping me around a little.  shutting up now.  oh, til the next time.  9_9

1 person likes this

Posted

the disadvantage is the amount of money that we could have made from selling the piece,. 9 mil vs 95 mil

Posted

The problem is this event benefited those with tons of silver in-game because they can just buy up all the pieces, where the poor who can't, have to RELY on the box, and then get screwed by getting Red Nose.

Posted

There are very few that would have actually benefited in any extraordinary manner from this particular issue.

1st, everyone benefitted from the initial red nose gear. whether in silver or in actual use of the armor piece.

2nd, if you take the initial box out of the equation, players only benefited as they should have from the RNG on the proper (fixed) box. (Meaning had the initial box been as it should, then everyone would have what they were supposed to have had based off RNG).

So, the only Extra benefit is from the first bugged box, either in silver or use. Any other "benefit" is merely concocted, or perceived.

Nothing about this was "unfair" other than individual luck from the second box. And that is what it is. Luck.

If the first box was what it was supposed to be, everyone would have still sold what they didnt need and bought what they did need.

So any conceptualized "unfair benefits" is all a matter of perception. But , no, you were Not shafted.

2 people like this

Posted

mmm no.

Lets just absorb all of what the issue is right now.. people are getting rednose armour. Rednose armour is a boss part. Tree Spirit armour is also a boss part.

Rednose armour lacks 200hp compared to Tree spirit.

Both give +100 mp/sp/wp.

Both have the same dp scaling.

One turns you into a giant cookie monster of your choosing, the other actually looks like the other 3 boss gear parts and fits the style.

Rednose is worth 10mil. Hebe is worth 95mil.

So you are complaining.. that you got rednose twice, when because it's so cheap it's cheaper to use 1 artisan memory, and spend 10mil to repair it, but because rednose doesn't have +200 hp, it's worthless.. I'm very confused with your qqing. If the original box gave everyone hebe and the 2nd box gave you hebe as well, you'd still be here in this forum complaining wouldn't you.

The thing you don't understand is: the other boss piece cost 90kk+, some of the people that have sold their pieces at MP had already one of these pieces or either they just couldn't upgrade it or had other priorities such the enhancement of a Dandelion/Kzarka, so they needed money. 95kk vs 12kk is a pretty big difference, so you can see where most of complains come from.

It was free? yup, indeed. Should we complain? maybe. Are we allowed to create 20 threds on that matter now? certainly not.
Sure as hell it was a free event, but since with the first red nose most of people in server are using it as failstack builder/last piece to complete the boss set, a RNG box with the last piece for everyone would have been more fair. And i got Muskans from my box, so i'm surely not disappointed.

Posted

people complaining about free shit ffs we had knowledge of the box release for weeks coulda saved money and sniped the gear if you were early the day of the box release.

Posted

There is a way that 2nd set can be really useful. Grab an artisans memory and use it to repair max durability. The way I look at it now, it's a big stack of memory frags.

yeah thats exacly what I am doing :)

a while ago red nose was cheaper to repair over here then liverto longbow xD [or heiress kamasylven sword]

then mentioned two blue items dropped in price quite noticeably :)

Posted

The thing you don't understand is: the other boss piece cost 90kk+, some of the people that have sold their pieces at MP had already one of these pieces or either they just couldn't upgrade it or had other priorities such the enhancement of a Dandelion/Kzarka, so they needed money. 95kk vs 12kk is a pretty big difference, so you can see where most of complains come from.
It was free? yup, indeed. Should we complain? maybe. Are we allowed to create 20 threds on that matter now? certainly not.
Sure as hell it was a free event, but since with the first red nose most of people in server are using it as failstack builder/last piece to complete the boss set, a RNG box with the last piece for everyone would have been more fair. And i got Muskans from my box, so i'm surely not disappointed.

Then thing you're missing is that if you weren't lazy like me and so many others, you'd have gotten the money prepared to buy the parts you want instead of relying on the box.

Also, you're missing the point that when you say "95kk" you're literally saying 95 thousand thousand" which makes no sense mathematically. 

Posted

"i am at a disadvantage because i got free stuff and didnt like it"

ok

Well honestly it was pretty worthless if you got Rednose a 2nd time. (no one even buying that I can see) over someone getting a 95million item. I dont blame anyone for feeling horrible over it. For most players 95million is a pretty big chunk of $.. and they were rare pieces to boot. If the booby prize was at least something that could sell for $20mil the ill will wouldnt be quite so bad. 

Posted (edited)

Regardless of public perception on the value of Red Nose armor, it is the 2nd best chest piece in the game.  Getting two means you can have 10 or 30 (+$0.50) durability repairing on your first.  The fact that it sells so cheaply is a boon to anyone upgrading it.

Edited by Velexia

Posted (edited)

Sorry but they clearly said that they were going to delete it. If you didn't open it, it's your fault

like how clear thou? did they send in-game mail or was I suppose to keep track of every mistake they post on forum? 

Edited by spandy

Posted (edited)

Well honestly it was pretty worthless if you got Rednose a 2nd time. (no one even buying that I can see) over someone getting a 95million item. I dont blame anyone for feeling horrible over it. For most players 95million is a pretty big chunk of $.. and they were rare pieces to boot. If the booby prize was at least something that could sell for $20mil the ill will wouldnt be quite so bad. 

It's free bits of the highest-tier armor in the game.

I have a hard time trying to understand anyone trying to rationalize being miffed at receiving two pieces of the same boss armor, regardless of the sell price of other bits. Sure, some people get lucky and get other pieces-- some people get lucky and find an ogre ring every day for a week. Some people managed to collect enough halloween candy to last them the entirety of the event on the first day. My point is, it's RNG.

Keep in mind there are people that never even got an opportunity to get a boss armor box.

How far are -they- set back and put at a disadvantage? What with everybody that made an account early enough receiving two pieces of boss gear?

It's kinda petty to feel bad over getting a desirable free thing that isn't the specific desirable thing you wanted.

Boggling.

Edited by Qzzrbl

Posted

CRY MORE FREE 90 MIL FOR ME 

Posted

Well i got hebe in 2nd box and i really didn't need it. I play a lot and also P2W with artisan memory ... 100 mil item is not a big deal to me but looking at 2 of my real life friends that can't play as much as me and a boss gear is a big deal to them and they both got second red nose in those boxes.

Imo Kakao should remove red nose from 2nd one. But i know why they didn't ... it takes some effort ... you need to recode something slightly ... change drop table test new changes.(insert no-one has time for that)

CRY MORE FREE 90 MIL FOR ME 

Nothing is free my friend. You had to attend to event for 30 days straight like going to work, someone from playerbase had to pour in euros/dollars to keep the staff fed for a month and servers paid. If anything those boxes were sold to us rather expensive for what some got.

1 person likes this

Posted

I got rednose from the first box and rednose from the second. Honestly, I expected as much. That's why I simply saved up and put aside money in anticipation of others selling the better pieces. Now I have Bhegs and Muskans, which would have never been listed without the 2nd box. I see no problem here.

Posted

Disadvantaged? Did you seriously used that term?! You know who's really disadvantaged? People who are constantly starving, let alone complaining about not getting what they want in a video game.

So, you had a try on the boss gear box plus an extra free Red Nose Armor. Yes, indeed you were a bit low on luck in RNG, but you still got 2 pieces of boss gear like the rest of us.

Then you started raging and asking gms to take back one piece of the boss armors that you didn't complain when they proposed the solution in the first place.

And you dare say you are disadvantaged? Should we grant you a disadvantaged license plate so you can park your horse at stable for the disadvantaged?

Posted

like how clear thou? did they send in-game mail or was I suppose to keep track of every mistake they post on forum? 

they posted it in news like 2 or 3 times. how did you know for certain the box was bugged and would get fixed, if you did not even look into the news section? sorry, but it was literally all over the forum. and yes, if you dont even read the news announcements it is kind of your fault

Regardless of public perception on the value of Red Nose armor, it is the 2nd best chest piece in the game.  Getting two means you can have 10 or 30 (+$0.50) durability repairing on your first.  The fact that it sells so cheaply is a boon to anyone upgrading it.

i sincerely hope, that this will go mostly unread... 200 hp and a serious pain in the ass to upgrade VS some hp reg and 10m for 30 dura... well... lets hope no one cares and everyone still goes for the tree :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Posted

I also got 2 rednoses big deal. I decided to enchant it and make it to TRI and did it thanks to all those people who decided to trash it for money.

Got all other pieces earlier spend  money on them and enchanted them also.

I wanted a hebate but didn't get it from the box, pre-order and AH so gonna get it some other time maybe. Just chill and play the game We will all get there eventually.