• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why are people actually comparing this junk to BDO?!

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Lmao Nice Jokes.

Posted

No one is comparing Rev to BDO. People are just threatening to leave to a BNS looking Aion rippoff with a Chinese f2p/p2w cash shop under just less than Nexon level bad My.com western production.

Kids are going to be in for a rude awakening.

12 people like this

Posted

i tried it....its so boring :/i mean, all the classes are boring...wtf...

Posted

Haven't tried it, but looks like it was made in 2007 or something in the vid.  bleh

Posted

99% of MMO's are terrible.

4 people like this

Posted

They are just making empty threats and riding the hype train! 90% will quit within the first month :3

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

99% of MMO's are terrible.

Fortunately BDO is in this 2% group. :D

Edited by Gumeleon
1 person likes this

Posted

Gave it a shot. It wasn't great. Yeah, it's a beta... But the text is either Russian, Chinese, or (rarely) English. The audio is all Chinese. The combat was supposed to be a big selling point. It wasn't. It also doesn't have the best visuals.

Save the cash, try it f2p when it releases, but be warned before buying into the beta.

Posted

I'd rather play BnS instead of that..  It's like a remake of BnS but worst.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not sure what's worse,

The graphics/lack of detail or this guys commentary....

Posted

Not sure what's worse,

The graphics/lack of detail or this guys commentary....

At least the guy is trying, it looks like the game isn't.

1 person likes this

Posted

Gave it a shot. It wasn't great. Yeah, it's a beta... But the text is either Russian, Chinese, or (rarely) English. The audio is all Chinese. The combat was supposed to be a big selling point. It wasn't. It also doesn't have the best visuals.

Save the cash, try it f2p when it releases, but be warned before buying into the beta.

I didn't believe it at first, then read the chat on the guys video at 2:19. xD

"WTB English Patch, can't speak russian or chinese"

Posted (edited)

This is closed beta, so no wonders it has bugs.

I think the combat looks nice, but I will wait for f2p open beta so I can actually test it :). I'm really interested to check if the combat also feels nice.

The overall negativity in the BDO community is as good as ever I see :D.

Edited by Chiryuu
1 person likes this

Posted

I think the combat looks nice, but I will wait for f2p open beta so I can actually test it :). I'm really interested to check if the combat also feels nice.

The combat is the same as BnS.

Posted

um, are you wearing your glasses? not blind right? maybe got some glaucoma? 

(yes, I'm being an ass but don't try and put lipstick on the pig....)

it'll feel as it looks, clunky and dated. if anything it reminds me of Tera with a cardboard backdrop

Posted

Its just the hype train. after launch, its probly gonna be like BnS, full of bots and people you wont understand what they're  saying (even though its released in an primarily english speaking location). 

Cant wait for the qqing videos of peeps after it goes live. 

3 people like this

Posted

pot calling the kettle black lmfao....

Posted

Though, ive tried it, melee chars will have a lot of problem since the turn base exp is brutal, unlike range which are strong and can kite. and the language, not only is it in russian/chinese, theres no subs for the cutscenes LOL

Overall, cbt, 7/10. once it goes obt, probly lower, since bots will litter.

Posted

Why would anyone wanna play a shittier version of BnS with worst combat and not to mention the graphics are pretty horrible for the eye... Ouch. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe it was because I only played the little kid class with the cat, but blade and soul was so fking boring I stopped playing after 3 hours. 

The game feels nothing like BDO. BDO is hands down the best looking MMO out there if you are going by realism. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Graphics are a decade old, gameplay is stale. But hey if people wanna leave for it go ahead, more chance of boss loot cause less people there! :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Graphics are a decade old, gameplay is stale. But hey if people wanna leave for it go ahead, more chance of boss loot cause less people there! :D

lol right 

Posted

No one is comparing Rev to BDO. People are just threatening to leave to a BNS looking Aion rippoff with a Chinese f2p/p2w cash shop under just less than Nexon level bad My.com western production.

Kids are going to be in for a rude awakening.

It is Aion RIP OFF, However, most people left because of 2 reasons:

1. LESS RNG.

2. Nothing promising and Revelation looks good at the moment.

Less RNG, more than reasons enough.

And if it is like Age of Wushu, another Chinese company. It will have 2 things:

1. Pay2Win in form of support or Pay of Convenience.

2. Lots of PvP contents, more PvP activities than this game.

I just hope GM doesn't corrupt like Age of Wushu, you can pay GM to BAN your enemies, LOL.

Posted

This rev is so P2Win serious!

Posted (edited)

Revelation Online is a huge downgrade from Black Desert.

I tried playing the Chinese version of the game and it was extremely boring. I tried out a couple of different classes, and I did find one that I like, but I dislike the graphics of the game so much that I can't even get myself to give the game a chance. The combat system is also really shitty - that's not the say the desync in this game isn't awful, but I prefer it over tab-targeting.. I'd rather wait for Bluehole Studio's Project W or whatever it is. 

Edited by Catgrill