• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pvp PvP ideas for Karma

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@GM_Caramel Been wanting to do more pvp here lately but the karma system is just terrible for NA, KR people mainly just want to grind and although it has been somewhat reduced it is still to steep, added some ideas to a straw pool so feel free to share and give ideas and additions and gain some traction, we are the voices and need some sort of change. I understand the way it can be abused but there needs to be a change here, EVERYONE who pvps complains about this and lets face it, its pvp that is end game here. 

http://www.strawpoll.me/11577737

https://gyazo.com/33c5c1d819374a2980bbaf84164ffc32

Edited by Abraham

Posted (edited)

Make all of Valencia no-man's land, absolutely no karma loss, no karma gain, murder anyone and everyone. Valencia City, and Ancado Harbor should be the ONLY places safe in all of Valencia. 

Then add the prison to the rest of the world and remove all negative penalties on dying, and then make it harder to escape prison. Not this 30s roflstomp shit that I use to bloodport from sand grain to muiquun because its faster than walking. 

This will make me happy. 

Edited by PandaPolishesPotatos
1 person likes this

Posted

Make all of Valencia no-man's land, absolutely no karma loss, no karma gain, murder anyone and everyone. Valencia City, and Ancado Harbor should be the ONLY places safe in all of Valencia. 

Then add the prison to the rest of the world and remove all negative penalties on dying, and then make it harder to escape prison. Not this 30s roflstomp shit that I use to bloodport from sand grain to muiquun because its faster than walking. 

This will make me happy. 

With that terrible important Gear in BDO, only a Hand-full of Players would be happy, and 1000th not.

BDO is simply not a FFA PvP MMO.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

We can't dream about big things because this game is made by carebears for carebears.

All i ask for is to IMPROVE Muiquun and everything related to it :

-Give us more quests (with better rewards than carrots...).

-More npcs or improve the existing ones, why can't i buy shovels in Muiquun for example ?!

-Improve desert merchant loots.

-Maybe implant housing in Muiquun but with very high cp cost (like 30cp the house or even more)

-Fix the f@*!#$! guards and positiv karma players casualy walking around, healing their mount (<- how is this even possible... like really ?!) and attacking us without us being able to do anything.

-What about your bounty hunter project ?

Being a outlaw should be punitiv instead of reducing the gameplay experience.

There is a lot of other things but it's a waste of time to ask for it.

Edited by Klectios
2 people like this

Posted

With that terrible important Gear in BDO, only a Hand-full of Players would be happy, and 1000th not.

BDO is simply not a FFA PvP MMO.

Nobody is happy with the current system, if they make jail an actual challenge to break out of. Like a good 30-45min investment of time and energy, or you wait out your sentence, and make the sentence scale on how many people you've murdered. Then I think it'd make more people happy than not, if you go around picking on newbs and then die you get a 12hr sentence, and if they make the breaking part take a good hour or so nobody will wanna go to -----ing jail. But the penalties right now are way to steep and nobody goes red. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nobody is happy with the current system, if they make jail an actual challenge to break out of. Like a good 30-45min investment of time and energy, or you wait out your sentence, and make the sentence scale on how many people you've murdered. Then I think it'd make more people happy than not, if you go around picking on newbs and then die you get a 12hr sentence, and if they make the breaking part take a good hour or so nobody will wanna go to -----ing jail. But the penalties right now are way to steep and nobody goes red. 

Nobody goes red?

Good Joke :P

My Expertise is that the Karma System is just ok, many Players don´t even care about -Karma.

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

Nobody goes red?

Good Joke :P

My Expertise is that the Karma System is just ok, many Players don´t even care about -Karma.

Outside of my guild, in the last month. I have seen one, negative person. And they grinded out of it in 5min because they weren't even negative, they were purple because they were like -5k. 

Nobody goes red anymore. Not on Edan. 

Posted (edited)

Outside of my guild, in the last month. I have seen one, negative person. And they grinded out of it in 5min because they weren't even negative, they were purple because they were like -5k. 

Nobody goes red anymore. Not on Edan. 

Dead Server then... don´t blame the System...

Edited by Caduryn
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Dead Server then... don´t blame the System...

It's not the system and it's not a dead server, you give me five red players or more on any server and I will legitimately be impressed. Nobody does it, not permanently, there's zero reason. You don't get anything and lose everything. 

I'm not talking about going a couple thousand negative to defend a grind spot, that happens daily. I'm talking full blown -1mil and trying to progress during it, nobody -----ing does it. It'd be insane to try and level up when one PvP death is half your crystals and 4% XP, one PvE death can set you back months if a TRI piece of gear blows up. 

Edited by PandaPolishesPotatos

Posted

It's not the system and it's not a dead server, you give me five red players or more on any server and I will legitimately be impressed. Nobody does it, not permanently, there's zero reason. You don't get anything and lose everything. 

I'm not talking about going a couple thousand negative to defend a grind spot, that happens daily. I'm talking full blown -1mil and trying to progress during it, nobody -----ing does it. It'd be insane to try and level up when one PvP death is half your crystals and 4% XP, one PvE death can set you back months if a TRI piece of gear blows up. 

Well......yeah..... tell me where the Game ever told that Permanent -1mio Karma is a intended way to play BDO.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well......yeah..... tell me where the Game ever told that Permanent -1mio Karma is a intended way to play BDO.

There isn't an intended way to play BDO, you should be able to progress just fine -1mil or positive karma. That's where the fault in the system lies. Penalties for negative karma are currently way to -----ing strict, and they removed the base XP penalty on any PK death to make the gap between positive and negative gameplay even more silly. 

1 person likes this

Posted

There isn't an intended way to play BDO, you should be able to progress just fine -1mil or positive karma. That's where the fault in the system lies. Penalties for negative karma are currently way to -----ing strict, and they removed the base XP penalty on any PK death to make the gap between positive and negative gameplay even more silly. 

No, you should not, thats why Karma Penaltys exist.

If you want a total mess and mindless PK everywhere its the wrong Game for you.

Not saying that we already have many mindless PK just because Karma System is too weak.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

TBH the biggest problem with the current PvP system is the huge amount of griefing while you just want to Grind.
A few minutes ago i was farming pirates by getting griefed for like 1 hour.
I could go red but why should i take all that penalty outside of the desert if people who get pked dont even have any penalty without dropping their trade items ?! 
The player that actually griefed me said that he will wait until i am negative to get the spot for himself (he would be able to attack me freely without having any penalty).
This has to be changed we need a penalty like after 3 times in a row killed at the same position within 200m should be a respawn at closest town or sth.
Or just enable EXP-LOSS again !! 

I will add what he exactly wrote and i hope you guys see the same problem in this situation as i do.
I had at least 20-30 ap more and his dp cant be that good so why should always the "low"-player should get spots by just karma griefing higher geared and lvld player ?? 

I let him kill me 1 time cause he was wearing a ghilli in order to see his guild but he was guildless.

grief.PNG

Edited by Blood

Posted

TBH the biggest problem with the current PvP system is the huge amount of griefing while you just want to Grind.
A few minutes ago i was farming pirates by getting griefed for like 1 hour.
I could go red but why should i take all that penalty outside of the desert if people who get pked dont even have any penalty without dropping their trade items ?! 
The player that actually griefed me said that he will wait until i am negative to get the spot for himself (he would be able to attack me freely without having any penalty).
This has to be changed we need a penalty like after 3 times in a row killed at the same position within 200m should be a respawn at closest town or sth.
Or just enable EXP-LOSS again !! 

I will add what he exactly wrote and i hope you guys see the same problem in this situation as i do.
I had at least 20-30 ap more and his dp cant be that good so why should always the "low"-player should get spots by just karma griefing higher geared and lvld player ?? 

I let him kill me 1 time cause he was wearing a ghilli in order to see his guild but he was guildless.

grief.PNG

Only problem I see here is the fact that guildless players cant be declared. They're basically untouchable as far as PvP goes, together with people intentionally making their guilds "not ready for war" abusing the system. Had that player been in a real guild, you could have started a war and scared him of easily.

I would like to see a system where you can declare war on single players for a modest silver fee, than attack them with no penalty. Call it a revenge or challenge system or simliar. Like a prolonged duel really. If you want to keep a grind spot all for yourself, than you can if you pay.

Way better than loosing 1-1.5 hour of grinding or be forced to use real life money, because random dude jumps you from behind with 100% rage. The 1% XP loss would be utter shit today considering how slow leveling is at higher levels + mad imbalance caused by bi-weekly awakenings.

Posted

Only problem I see here is the fact that guildless players cant be declared. They're basically untouchable as far as PvP goes, together with people intentionally making their guilds "not ready for war" abusing the system. Had that player been in a real guild, you could have started a war and scared him of easily.

I would like to see a system where you can declare war on single players for a modest silver fee, than attack them with no penalty. Call it a revenge or challenge system or simliar. Like a prolonged duel really. If you want to keep a grind spot all for yourself, than you can if you pay.

Way better than loosing 1-1.5 hour of grinding or be forced to use real life money, because random dude jumps you from behind with 100% rage. The 1% XP loss would be utter shit today considering how slow leveling is at higher levels + mad imbalance caused by bi-weekly awakenings.

Yeah it shouldnt have the exp loss because to much room to grief but needs prolonged spawn timers or some sort of system in place for karma bombers. I went negative 1mill and said ----- it and then killed everyone around me because at that point i could care less. The system is flawed heavily, last night two people spread out on our rotation and was killing random packs to just grief us and we killed them until we had no karma but they were guildess and couldnt do anything about it. Sadly for them i know a all out bandit and he came and pk'd them for an hour but then they "left" only to come back 20 mins later. Stuff is quite dumb and needs to be some sort of middle ground. 

No, you should not, thats why Karma Penaltys exist.

If you want a total mess and mindless PK everywhere its the wrong Game for you.

Not saying that we already have many mindless PK just because Karma System is too weak.

no no no.... lol. The karma system is dumb man and to say otherwise just means you get pk'd alot or you in fact grief people. I am nice as ----- when it comes to spots but then there are dicks that want to come in and karma bomb you and there is nothing you can do about it cause the system is flawed. This is a pvp game.... its guild based on guild wars and node wars. That is the content.... Not farming, you farm for better gear to fight other players, also why there is RBF. I do agree that there is room for griefing on the other side but measures can be taken. I hear more about how bad it is over good, actually you are the first person i have ever heard that said it is to weak out of hundreds of players. Guildess people can just go about doing whatever they want, shouldnt be like that. 

Yeah that system wouldnt be bad at all. But also the death timer should be a thing as well for people dieing endlessly. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I came back from -1mill for the reasons Panda listed. My buddy is -1mill but quit outta boredom. I only saw 1 other max neg karma guy and he is 60 and fully geared out zerker. Dude doesn't die....ever. But anyways I wish they would change the system. Bring back exp loss on any pvp death again. This karma bombing shit is just that shit. Maybe bring exp loss back if you die to the same person repeatedly. Blah it won't change.. 

Posted

I came back from -1mill for the reasons Panda listed. My buddy is -1mill but quit outta boredom. I only saw 1 other max neg karma guy and he is 60 and fully geared out zerker. Dude doesn't die....ever. But anyways I wish they would change the system. Bring back exp loss on any pvp death again. This karma bombing shit is just that shit. Maybe bring exp loss back if you die to the same person repeatedly. Blah it won't change.. 

You need to look on both sides of the Medal....

Its maybe not the best actually, but exp loss back would be even worse and open alot more grief-play.

Posted

You need to look on both sides of the Medal....

Its maybe not the best actually, but exp loss back would be even worse and open alot more grief-play.

It wouldn't, nobody above level 58 would risk losing XP over and over to grief. That's hours upon hours of time invested, griefing wasn't a thing when the XP penalty was here. You'd get rekt, and leave. 

Posted

It wouldn't, nobody above level 58 would risk losing XP over and over to grief. That's hours upon hours of time invested, griefing wasn't a thing when the XP penalty was here. You'd get rekt, and leave. 

But your on a Server where no one makes PK anyway.....so..... ^^

Posted

Bringing back xp loss with the time it takes to level past 58 is not a good idea.

Back before xp loss removal, people were all full of tears, or would stick at 0% to grief. There is a need for a better option.

Whenever I talk to gamer friends that know nothing about BDO. They are amazed how the pvp system only punish the winner of the fight.

There is a need for a punishment of some sort for the guy getting killed. Be it a respawn to town, a respawn timer, temporary stats debuff (GW style) , important durability loss, ...

1 person likes this

Posted

hence every wiz/witch would leave (the game), might just remove those classes from the game along with tamer as well. no more healbots in nodewars for you.

oh and dont even get me started on "noone would abuse and grief with xp loss on pvp death" you know VERY WELL this will happen. What exactly is stopping a full tet lvl 60 war/ranger/sorc from permanently chasing/ganking lower level players, if most pvp'ers are as psychopathic as they show themselves in this forum?

Posted

hence every wiz/witch would leave (the game), might just remove those classes from the game along with tamer as well. no more healbots in nodewars for you.

oh and dont even get me started on "noone would abuse and grief with xp loss on pvp death" you know VERY WELL this will happen. What exactly is stopping a full tet lvl 60 war/ranger/sorc from permanently chasing/ganking lower level players, if most pvp'ers are as psychopathic as they show themselves in this forum?

Why those classes in particular?

What would stop them? Karma.

Posted

Why those classes in particular?

Probably thinks tamers are bad, just shows how clueless he is at PvP.

What would stop them? Karma.

add to that: V, Escape, safezones, go to another grind spot, swap channels, not to mention people have better things to do than waste time and karma on randoms for no reason. @Escapism do you really think this will happen everywhere, all the time, forever? You seem to be under the assumption that people give a shit about you.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Escapism do you really think this will happen everywhere, all the time, forever? You seem to be under the assumption that people give a shit about you.

" psychopaths, psychopaths everywhere !!! " says the paranoid schizophrenic.

Or when the Camembert tells the Roquefort that it stinks

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

Sorry, stopped taking you seriously when you used the word psychopathic to describe most PvPers. 

Now you're just an idiot without a valid opinion. xD

2 people like this