• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gathering Bug

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Any news on when they plan on fixing the energy bug? Whenever I mine gather sap etc it sometimes uses 2 energy instead of one. This happens 2/5 times.

Posted

Report this via Support Ticket, and include a video, that will help matters much. ^_.^

1 person likes this

Posted

I have not noticed this bug and I make ~1000 actions per gathering session. Weird. Maybe I missed it. 

Posted

I only noticed this yesterday it happened once. I thought it was because i was in the desert and my eyes were sleeping and I saw double vision. But now I'm paying extra attention to it. and It's happened 20 times in the last 50 times I've mined.  I've taken some photos of the double energy removal. However what some good tools for recording I can download?

@GM_Caramel, @GM_Dew

Posted

I only noticed this yesterday it happened once. I thought it was because i was in the desert and my eyes were sleeping and I saw double vision. But now I'm paying extra attention to it. and It's happened 20 times in the last 50 times I've mined.  I've taken some photos of the double energy removal. However what some good tools for recording I can download?

For recording FRAPS I guess? What you say is pretty important. I should have noticed it if it is a general bug. Then again, I can hardly keep my self from falling asleep during gathering so...

Posted

Yeah. it's really important I agree. And it's happened about 10 more times so there is def. a bug right now.

It won't let me "Submit"

As soon as I insert the video to send it will no longer submit.

2016-11-05_74736187.thumb.JPG.18454fc2f2

Posted

I have not noticed this bug and I make ~1000 actions per gathering session. Weird. Maybe I missed it. 

Well, tbf, not all bugs affect everyone :P. Could be a bug only affecting some. I remember at first when I heard about the harpoon bug for example, harpoons still worked just fine for me but not for some other people :).

Posted

@GM_Caramel, @GM_Dew

You can try OBS or Snagit, I will report this to the team and see what I can find out. 

Posted

Well, tbf, not all bugs affect everyone :P. Could be a bug only affecting some. I remember at first when I heard about the harpoon bug for example, harpoons still worked just fine for me but not for some other people :).

Of course, you are right, it could very well be so.

Posted

You can try OBS or Snagit, I will report this to the team and see what I can find out. 

Thanks. I'm out of energy now. I'll do it again once I have more energy. I have a video from FRAPs but it won't let me upload it. I'm guessing the file is too big.

Posted (edited)

I've seen this bug as well.  It only happens at Pilgrim's Haven which is where they are in the above screenshot. It happens when you are spamming your interact key.  It will consume energy for the gather attempt and then again when you collect the items.  I went to Goat Mountain to try to reproduce it as it was the most resource dense place I could think of besides Pilgrim's, and I couldn't get it to work.

You can avoid the bug by not spamming your key.  Would love to see this fixed though.

Edited by Calibix
1 person likes this

Posted

For recording FRAPS I guess? What you say is pretty important. I should have noticed it if it is a general bug. Then again, I can hardly keep my self from falling asleep during gathering so...

there is a pet, that will auto gather for you....i would not suggest it in cash shop, but i could see it in loyalty shop for a very large loyalty price....

Posted

there is a pet, that will auto gather for you....i would not suggest it in cash shop, but i could see it in loyalty shop for a very large loyalty price....

Gathering sheep with +5 gathering/yellow tool, takes me more than an hour to burn my energy. And I even try to highlight the next dead sheep while gathering another to avoid the micro-stun between gathers, because even half a second makes a difference when multiplied x1000. So if this pet saves another half second as a result of having to gather less times, it actually sounds useful. 

Posted

Gathering sheep with +5 gathering/yellow tool, takes me more than an hour to burn my energy. And I even try to highlight the next dead sheep while gathering another to avoid the micro-stun between gathers, because even half a second makes a difference when multiplied x1000. So if this pet saves another half second as a result of having to gather less times, it actually sounds useful. 

i think, though im just speculating, you could AFK gather. Probably why we dont have it...too many would just be standing among the sheep and pigs....where we might think them a bit....odd.

Posted

Now that would be awesome, and it would really improve and increase my actual playtime. I would totally be the odd guy among sheep. I really like the life skills in this game but it comes a point where I only have 30-60 minutes to grind. I do it at night with many combat buffs and especially at weekends at desert fogans (I destroy them with awakening weapon) I get very good exp(100w/e+100night+100grindhourevent+10helmetgem+8tea+15potion+6titles+3pet+10villa=+352% for an hour) but is still no where near enough. If I didn't have to gather I would have the time to grind mobs twice as much (and I have to gather cause money/shards/workshops/imperial/alchemy/cooking, all depend a lot on gathering every day). And I have to level up to get all my awakening skills(ranger is awesome btw). Well, I don't have to, but I 'd really like to. And when finally I do, I consider going perma red and have lots of fun in real open world PvP sense. And it all starts with gathering pets. Who would have guessed... :D

Posted

I've seen this bug as well.  It only happens at Pilgrim's Haven which is where they are in the above screenshot. It happens when you are spamming your interact key.  It will consume energy for the gather attempt and then again when you collect the items.  I went to Goat Mountain to try to reproduce it as it was the most resource dense place I could think of besides Pilgrim's, and I couldn't get it to work.

You can avoid the bug by not spamming your key.  Would love to see this fixed though.

This has happened to me while gathering sap too.

Posted

Would probably be a good conversation on a new topic....as *if* it were to ever be seen....personally, in my opinion, you should have to be like Master 5 or better for the pet to work for you, and behind a loyalty paywall of say 15,000 Loyalty. Which, is about roughly 8 months game time for even the casualist of players.  After that amount of time, I could see such a pet being obtainable. Without such a feat to prevent "over-accumulation", actual detriment rather than benefit could occur. Although I believe the pets Hunger bar also provides an additional adequate abuse deterrent. Until someone macro times a pet food, and well they can just have a healthy dose of ban-hammer.

Posted

Yeah. it's really important I agree. And it's happened about 10 more times so there is def. a bug right now.

It won't let me "Submit"

As soon as I insert the video to send it will no longer submit.

*pic*

THis is exaclty where it happened to me. it seems like if you spam "r" while standing on top of more than 1 resource it happens. at least it feels like that to me