• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Jumping Puzzles

14 posts in this topic

Posted

A nice idea for PvE content that we could eventually have in the game are Jumping Puzzles, something similar to what Guild Wars 2 has all over their world. These jumping puzzles were a big part of why a lot of people loved GW2, especially at end-game where there was just simply not enough fun things to do, apart from mindlessly zerging and grinding.

It can promote teamwork if the puzzle is hard enough, and if there are rewards at the end of it (for each player), a lot of guilds could make events where they climb together.

Heck if more tall mountains are implemented into the game, and these puzzles become part of them, we could get an additional bonus reward such as a great view once you reach the top, it would make for some great screenshots and/or videos.

Besides, it is something that players can do in their spare time in order to implement some variety into the whole grind-fest, that way we won't get tired/bored doing the same thing every day.

(As for those who don't know what jumping puzzles are, just search for them on YT or Google, although the name makes it quite obvious.)

Just a suggestion for the devs. I know I'm not alone about loving jumping puzzles, or puzzles in general that are related to the world I'm exploring. ^^

Kindly,
Auri

3 people like this

Posted

I entirely agree with the suggetion, eventually. The Vistas is GW2 would be an excellent addition to the game.

The game is pretty vast and seems to have a lot you can just explore, because of this, i don't think it should be a priority. 

I think the priority needs to be addressing the single player feel, and adding things like raids/dungeons which people usually expect in a game, and is a main attraction for most end game MMOs.

The game has no multiplayer functions outside of PvP

Posted

GW2 had the borderlands jumping puzzle.

Which sometimes turned into a grief-fest.

As long as it's not in an open pvp area.

Unless you have a lot of time to spare. xD

/g'day.

Posted

Personally not a fan. I hated the jumping puzzles in GW2. There are already tons of stuff to do in the game apart from grinding so I dont see an issue with that.

Posted

A nice idea for PvE content that we could eventually have in the game are Jumping Puzzles, something similar to what Guild Wars 2 has all over their world. These jumping puzzles were a big part of why a lot of people loved GW2, especially at end-game where there was just simply not enough fun things to do, apart from mindlessly zerging and grinding.

What happens if you fall down and dies in GW2 while attempting Jumping Puzzles? I noticed some jumping platforms were "floating in mid air"; like a floating rock ... how do you propose we add these features in BDO considering some players may feel "floating rocks" may upset the realism of BDO. What happens if the Chest (reward) has already been open by someone else? Do you still get to grab the rewards? Do you need to wait for the chest to respawn?

Posted

Most Vista's in GW2 don't have flying rocks. 

Usually chests like that just don't despawn when opened. 

Ganking point?

Posted

This sounds interesting! The only jumping puzzle experience I've had (or what was the closest to it, I guess) was the Sightseeing Log in FFXIV which wasn't that great. But what you suggest sounds like a lot of fun!

Posted

The game already makes you climb and jump to locations, It's not exactly a far stretch in the game, Nor would it be -tooooo- hard to implement in the world already. 

1 person likes this

Posted

If they ever release places that focus a lot on verticality and really highlight their parkour system, I'm kind of expecting this sort-of stuff anyway. ^_^

Posted (edited)

If they ever release places that focus a lot on verticality and really highlight their parkour system, I'm kind of expecting this sort-of stuff anyway. ^_^

Parkouring in BDO, me like. (It may be wrong period, at least its the correct continent) :ph34r: Will players loose XP if they fall...and die in BDO?

Edited by Sydney

Posted

Parkouring in BDO, me like. (It may be wrong period, at least its the correct continent) :ph34r: Will players loose XP if they fall...and die in BDO?

I'm also pretty sure we do lose EXP if we fall and die.

Posted

Hello all,

I am playing BDO from the beginning and I and my husband are quite bored at this point. Many people of our guild feel the same way and already have left the game.  I love the game but I really think that need different kind of quests in order to keep the players interested. Puzzles, riddles, jumping games etc...something to make our mind work and not act like mindless non-stopping grinding robots. 

I know that are a lot of people who believe the same. Maybe if we all say our opinion they will listen to us.

Thank you

1 person likes this

Posted

Still think this is a fun idea!

Posted

good idea, apart from the fact that jumping in this game is so clunky, it's just as bad as swimming in this game also