• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Would you like it if popular grind spots became instanced

Popular grind spots become instanced   340 votes

1. 1. would you like it if popular grind spots became instanced? meaning you can farm/grind at a spot solo or with a party without worrying of others interrupting

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

137 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

hello

Edited by 15th

Posted (edited)

No.

I'm not sure what part of "Open world game" you do not understand, but it means there are no instances.

Edited by Multarix
16 people like this

Posted

should be a toggle options so people that want to pvp for spot can pvp for spot while carebears can go solo own instance but sadly this server is bad enougth and doing this would kill it

Posted

Grinding is already incredibly boring; instanced grinding would just take the game over the cliff for me...

I would rather see them drop the karma system completely, give peeps a little loot if they kill another player, and bring back some little xp loss on open-world kills, (maybe not the full 1% they had before... which equates to HOURS of grinding to get back at high 50s level... but whatever works out to something like 5 minutes of grinding to get back).

one can only dream though...

Posted

Yeah find more things that can kill the PvP in a OWPvP game.... oh wait....

1 person likes this

Posted

the game has so many pve spots, maybe they should make all of them viable instead...

14 people like this

Posted

Tired of people telling you spot taken or leave whenever you grind? Instanced dungeons or grinding spots will help a lot! At the moment, a lot of people leaving game or forcing to be lifeskillers just because of this problem.

3 people like this

Posted

Nope. Imo the PvP isn't even the problem. It's the insane gear gap coupled with everyone from 150 GS to 450 GS competing for the same location.

My absolute favorite days were pre Valencia, pre +20 days. The gaps between nolifers and casuals was clear and apparent but could easily be overcome by being a better player. PvP was fun rather than a one sided wombo fest.

Now we can never have that back nor will anything be done about the massive gear gaps nor should it strictly be. BUT

We can definitely incentivise Valencia spots so that geared people can go there signs compete against each other and lower players can stay in mediah. Effectively creating ladders/brackets for open world pvp without actually restricting anything

3 people like this

Posted

We can definitely incentivise Valencia spots so that geared people can go there signs compete against each other and lower players can stay in mediah.

Valencia is good, money wise atleast, better then sausan or pirates, some are with decent exp too. 

Problem is for geared players there are better geared players, so they still go sausan, where u can play while jerking.

Posted

Defeats the purpose of open-world pvp.

Posted

Doesn't necessarily have to be instanced, though I voted yes, based on the current system and its problems: The easiest and most profitable grind spots are currently centered around Mediah, with a large range of players (gear, level) potentially looking to compete for them. If Valencia had comparable grind spots for the higher level and better geared players, the population could spread more easily and OWPvP would suddenly make more sense, instead of just being an unfair one-shot/karma-bombing fest.

There is also an absurdly large difference between being able to grind during off-hours compared to having to grind during prime-time (especially with node wars going on). Instances and/or generally more spots would certainly help with that.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I really don't see any problems with instancing. Carebears and pvpers can do whatever they want. We already have instancing on boss scrolls, why can't they implement that on a larger scale? I mean sure it takes load on the server. Why not make it client-sided for solo players. The instancing code is there, they just have to manipulate it in order to achieve it. Or they could also make sub channels for grinding spots, or a queue system where you can queue up for a grinding spot. All they need is time to implement it. It benefits everyone, people would buy more weight increases which means $$$$ for PA and Kakao, just to extend their grind times.

Edited by Falniir

Posted

We could also make the game instanced for the perfect single player experience.:$

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Does it matter by now? It's pretty clear by now that they don't want open world PvP to be around.
If we're gonna go PvE game with a node wars feature, might as well go full memes on it.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted (edited)

yea do it but then please 50% less xp and drop chance for ppl who are taking the pleb way.

Edited by nyn idc
1 person likes this

Posted

yea do it but then please 50% less xp for ppl who are taking the pleb way.

Sure, and we get back our 1% death penalty on non-instanced area \o/

Posted

Sure, and we get back our 1% death penalty on non-instanced area \o/

good idea! would love to see it... idc to lose something... its an open world game so why not? Then i can farm the pleb... steal him some % and then he can go to the  pleb area and lvl it in double the time up again. Sounds perfect fine.

Posted

Fck no. If you want the best spots you better fight over it or gtfo

1 person likes this

Posted

Tired of people telling you spot taken or leave whenever you grind? Instanced dungeons or grinding spots will help a lot! At the moment, a lot of people leaving game or forcing to be lifeskillers just because of this problem.

any source?

Posted (edited)

any source?

I have many friends that went to life skills due to grinding issues. A fellow good friend of mine Otka can't do grinding at all without me being around to help him due to pkers, and he has bit over 400 ap dp. "a lot of people leaving game or forcing to be lifeskillers just because of this problem" The amount of people is almost nothing 5-8% MAX in comparison to the total population of BDO. If you convert from % they are quite few.

Edited by Falniir

Posted

Git Gud

1 person likes this

Posted

I have many friends that went to life skills due to grinding issues. A fellow good friend of mine Otka can't do grinding at all without me being around to help him due to pkers, and he has bit over 400 ap dp.

tell your friends they are stupid af. there are enough spots to grind

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Actually yes, but only after a certain threshold of players in the area is passed.  

So there can still be competition, but if its insanely crowded (like peak hours on weekends) it can be instanced, ie. a new instance is created with the same threshold -- so there is still competition in the instance as well.  having to channel hop to find an efficient grind is a huge asspain when the cd is 15 min :T

Edited by Anemone
1 person likes this

Posted

No... Just no.

If i want to level in an instanced area i'll go play a single player game.

Posted (edited)

tell your friends they are stupid af. there are enough spots to grind

Say what you want, but you agree with most of the people that the most efficient spots are contested. We all want to be efficient. That extra 1-3m an hour makes a huge difference in the long run, and that's not limited to money only, I'm talking about exp too.

Edited by Falniir