• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Would you like it if popular grind spots became instanced

Popular grind spots become instanced   340 votes

1. 1. would you like it if popular grind spots became instanced? meaning you can farm/grind at a spot solo or with a party without worrying of others interrupting

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

137 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

13,2m+2,5m-3m+2-3 books=18m/hour, sorry bae.

@Offtop: Idiotic idea. It'd completely kill PvP in this game.

Okay.

14.2 m + 3.2m + 3.9 mil + 1 mil.  = 22.3 so gtfo. I can do that sh1t too. so bae

Edited by Whatevah

Posted

I wouldn't care either way I will grind there solo. 

1 person likes this

Posted

the game has so many pve spots, maybe they should make all of them viable instead...

i agree

Posted (edited)

I think instanced content could be interesting. (Certainly the pro/cons would have to be measured) Add a totally new mechanic, something that expands horizontal character development. Gearing is vertical progression. Maybe increased skill point gains. As a catchup mechanic? They have rankings for everything else. Why not ranking for Skill Points? If I am ranked say 500+ in Skill Points I go into instance and get a bonus applied helping me catch up to long term players. Would also benefit alts of course :)

Or another form of alternate advancement that affects skills. Lowers resource cost, increase specific skill accuracy, things like that.

Instanced content could also support trade or life skills, add unique ingredients, rare trade items, etc. In-game outfits, or tokens for outfits - not Pearl outfits I think those should remain as is. These outfits would be unique to instanced content.

For better or worse vertical progression is gated by AP/DP and competition (and RNG... I digress). This is BDO and that is all right. But BDO is flexible enough with the incorporated mechanics that the developers could do a lot more. Instanced content doesn't have to be a shortcut, but it could add depth/breadth.

(thoughts are around instances being a new type of content, not turning open world areas into instances.)

Edited by Woodland
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ok, ive read through most of the posts and the majority thinks instances aren't a good idea for an open world game such as bdo, but the reasons given weren't that great imo

1. "it'll ruin owPVP"  Not sure how often people even flag in-game but in my experience it is rare. How does it "ruin" owPVP honestly? also, i think for those that believe instances can ruin owPVP, there would be an incentive to stay in the open world rather than instance to balance things, obviously, assuming by 'ruin' you mean you won't be able to pk people as easily anymore. if instances gave everything normal grinding in the open world did and more, then what would be the point? 

2. "BDO is an open world game, it shouldn't have things like instances" well bdo does have some sort of instances like boss scrolls, and why does being an 'open world game' have to restrict additional features? It would only add to the game, i believe, if done right.

an actually good point was about bots/botting

3."well what if bots just sit for hours in an instance?" I believe an instance would have a fixed amount of time you can be in there, perhaps a couple hours and a cool down time before you can enter again. possibly reduce loot drop rate so monetary gain is less than open world grinding. 

I posted this poll because bdo is such a huge game with many mobs to grind at yet only a few are even worth the hours you will put in, I think with the idea of instances it would mostly be for character growth as in leveling up instead of being there for monetary gain, that would be left for open world grinding to balance things out. As the question states:

What if popular grind spots became instances? meaning the high pay/high exp mob spots such as sausans or pirates, etc. they are highly contested as of now, because those spots are arguably the best spots for exp or money. I believe the idea of instances would help new players, current players, and perhaps veteran/geared players grow

Edited by 15th

Posted

No,go back to your WOW.

Posted

should be a toggle options so people that want to pvp for spot can pvp for spot while carebears can go solo own instance but sadly this server is bad enougth and doing this would kill it

Should be a toggle option for Adolescent Immature Kids to pvp for spot while the mature and respectful can go solo instance.

Fixed

Posted

Instances are a terrible idea. MMO's are about playing with others for better and worse. The in-game world is huge. There are so many places to go beyond Sausans and Pirates, that you already don't have interact with others if you don't want to. explore a little. People just go there because they're lazy and don't know any better.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think they should make more spots viable instead. Not just valencia. Maybe revamp parts of Serendia/Calpheon to the current level, most of the spots dont get touched even by new players. It is such a waste of design and space.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Should be a toggle option for Adolescent Immature Kids people who knew what an OpenPVP GVG game is to pvp for spot while the mature and respectful associals with obsessive control nevrosis whose ego can't bear the possibility of a peer interfering with their gaming experience can go solo instance.

Fixed your fix, fixception

Edited by Capitaine Courage
1 person likes this

Posted

I would like Dungeons and Raids honestly. Buffing more grinding spots would be neat aswell

Elrics was buffed in Korea. I'm waiting for this in NA

Posted

No. 

I'd rather have this game completely instanced like the Dark Souls series, but with some exceptions.   First off, chat would still be chat and you could talk with anyone on your server.  There would be a window for forming groups and while you all are in a group, you'll see your group members.  If you're in a guild, you will see your guild mates as well.  If your guild is in a war with another guild, the opposing guild will be loaded in as well, but only outside safe zones.

Posted

Fixed your fix, fixception

You just said you forfeit all rights to any area I wish to have.  That you bow down before me because I am stronger than you, and you are inferior.

You said you don't want updates

You want to shrink the player base

You want to decrease the life span of BDO

So you can have a few a players who want arena style pvp.

Posted

Tired of people telling you spot taken or leave whenever you grind? Instanced dungeons or grinding spots will help a lot! At the moment, a lot of people leaving game or forcing to be lifeskillers just because of this problem.

They are instanced already, or you missed the channels and the lack of dead penalty? Or maybe you just want to play a singleplayer game, so why the hell do you play BDO or any online game? To grind in BDO is completely safe and sound, so what do you want, to make the game offline with solo server just for you? Play the Skyrim instead - a perfect solo dress up game without any RPG or MMO.

Posted

You just said you forfeit all rights to any area I wish to have.  That you bow down before me because I am stronger than you, and you are inferior.

You say a lot of things that don't make sense

Posted

I just read your above conversation and it made no sense. Like I can't respond to you because it literally made no sense. But I wanted to respond about your point towards arena style pvp, what does players wanting arena style pvp have to do with accepting the fact that this is an OWPvP game. You realize you can have OWPvP and instanced pvp in one game right? Meanwhile, in a thread about instanced PvE grinding....

ok, ive read through most of the posts and the majority thinks instances aren't a good idea for an open world game such as bdo, but the reasons given weren't that great imo

1. "it'll ruin owPVP"  People flag pretty often, aside from that its more about the fact that its an open world game not just owPvP and you have the ability to run into other players. If you enjoy solo grinding by yourself in an instanced zone you should be playing a single player game 

2. "BDO is an open world game, it shouldn't have things like instances" Boss scrolls are not instanced, I have been pk'd while doing boss scrolls. The only instance is when another group is also doing scrolls which stops two bosses from being on top of each other. To your second point, you aren't talking about adding to the existing features, which instanced style raids or pvp arenas would do. You are talking about making the already endless boring grind a solo player event. You are changing how the game progression works by making it solo player. This is not the same as adding in instanced raids or arenas which then I would agree with you about. 

3."well what if bots just sit for hours in an instance?" I believe an instance would have a fixed amount of time you can be in there, perhaps a couple hours and a cool down time before you can enter again. possibly reduce loot drop rate so monetary gain is less than open world grinding.  Now your pulling at straws

I posted this poll because bdo is such a huge game with many mobs to grind at yet only a few are even worth the hours you will put in, I think with the idea of instances it would mostly be for character growth as in leveling up instead of being there for monetary gain, that would be left for open world grinding to balance things out. As the question states:

What if popular grind spots became instances? meaning the high pay/high exp mob spots such as sausans or pirates, etc. they are highly contested as of now, because those spots are arguably the best spots for exp or money. I believe the idea of instances would help new players, current players, and perhaps veteran/geared players grow

All this would do is limit the content in this game even further, creating a boring singleplayer grind game. If you want a real solution to grinding spots such as sausans or pirates, increase EXP gained from Valencia mobs and increase the amount of spawns. Have many grind spots that are worth while not just two havens. This has been talked about and worked on. Singleplayer instanced zones make no sense. 

You say a lot of things that don't make sense

Thats what I was thinking. 

Posted

Meanwhile, half the BDO population complains about getting PK'ed when trying to grind. Other half constantly complains about getting karmabomed and ks'ed, when trying to grind. Lower levels and newer player cries about top geared high levels hogging entire top spot solo.

Here's a solution, instanced grind areas in addition to normal ones. No one will steal anyone's mobs and no one will get PK'ed. But nope. Majority is against that as well because of a game called "WoW" :S

Posted

they better make more good spots to grind then what we have now, is much better solution imo

Posted

Should be a toggle option for Adolescent Immature Kids to pvp for spot while the mature and respectful can go solo instance.

Fixed

They ruined the game for the players like you. For you Kakao made the easy mobs, the safe grind, the solo PvE. And now you literally ask them to break the game into pieces. The fact Kakao made so much to attract players like you - solo nolifers - shows how incompetent is the publisher of the game actually.

Posted

Meanwhile, half the BDO population complains about getting PK'ed when trying to grind. Other half constantly complains about getting karmabomed and ks'ed, when trying to grind. Lower levels and newer player cries about top geared high levels hogging entire top spot solo.

Here's a solution, instanced grind areas in addition to normal ones. No one will steal anyone's mobs and no one will get PK'ed. But nope. Majority is against that as well because of a game called "WoW" :S

People will complain no matter what. You cannot sacrifice a game in order to please everyone. Whomever's situation isn't favorable there will be people that cry. WoW is not the only reason people are against it read the posts they refer to it as being like WoW which is the reason people choose games like BDO over WoW. Why would I play a game that just came out if its exactly like an MMO that has had a following for 8+ years and is well-developed and established? Still no valid argument that would make sense for instanced grinding zones, sorry. 

they better make more good spots to grind then what we have now, is much better solution imo

exactly, upgrade the current available grind spots to make many favorable grinding spots rather than 2 MUST-DO grind spots. Make valencia mobs all equally as worth for exp and cash as going to sausans and pirates. Make them different as you will but make it so that if I go to Cresents and don't get a ring it was still worth my time instead of just defaulting to one of the other options. 

They ruined the game for the players like you. For you Kakao made the easy mobs, the safe grind, the solo PvE. And now you literally ask them to break the game into pieces. The fact Kakao made so much to attract players like you - solo nolifers - shows how incompetent is the publisher of the game actually.

He's a troll don't feed him. 

Posted

Thats what I was thinking. 

One point, the summonable bosses are not open world. Let assume there is a chance to PK you, never happened to me, but it is possible. But you cannot PvP for the boss. The risk is open, but the reward is instanced. To call it open world - both, the risk and the reward should be open.

Posted

Also, yes instanced grind spots can work great if it's done properly. Revelation actually does this quite well and it does not negate PvP from happening there, it just helps regulate the impact on others' fun when people like this start acting like sociopaths.

and bdo literally already has the code to do this so idk I don't feel like this would kill owpvp it would just add the option  for people to potentially avoid having their fun ruined because some "pvper" decided to go on a rampage at sausans to help reinforce their already fragile egos and sense of self worth by going on a killing spree against less geared and leveled players just because they can.

Not everyone that plays bdo likes or even wants to PvP and that is fine it's player choice. I don't see why bringing that up on this forum always devolves into posts like the one quoted above. 

Posted (edited)

Also, yes instanced grind spots can work great if it's done properly. Revelation actually does this quite well and it does not negate PvP from happening there, it just helps regulate the impact on others' fun when people like this start acting like sociopaths.

and bdo literally already has the code to do this so idk I don't feel like this would kill owpvp it would just add the option  for people to potentially avoid having their fun ruined because some "pvper" decided to go on a rampage at sausans to help reinforce their already fragile egos and sense of self worth by going on a killing spree against less geared and leveled players just because they can.

Not everyone that plays bdo likes or even wants to PvP and that is fine it's player choice. I don't see why bringing that up on this forum always devolves into posts like the one quoted above. 

You can pour as much frustration, anxiety our sourness in your post, it doesn't change the fact that BDO is an open PVP and GVG sandbox, not a themepark.
Open PvP is what it is, with open rules of engagement, and everything happening in the openworld, trying to keep unity of time and space as much as you can.
That doesn't mean it has to be a mindless killing spree, as you seem to fantasize. BDO is not a meaningless Free For All. That's why there are karma and war declaration systems, like in Lineage 2 for example. You can like it or not, that doesn't change what the game is
. Players made their choices when they bought the game. If they really want to avoid PvP, they will need to do it rather actively, because core features can't magically disappear.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

you see, the thing is sausans and pirates are pvp areas 

you cant willingly walk into the most contested spot and expect people to bow down to you to ensure you are having the best experience 

i hate pvp and constantly having my area contested, so i went to other spots to avoid the conflict altogether. 

Posted

GO BACK TO WOW FOR INSTANCED CONTENT 

LMAO

:P:P:P