• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

Great for the people that created a single char on all 3 servers and got 6x boss armor. Will all be merged so they can have a full set.
Congrats Daum! Stupidest thing ever. @CM_Praballo

And then I didn't even mention they will get all their silver, horses etc. merged. People who play on only 1 server will be put at a -----ing HUGE disadvantage.

This! They should Ban the exploiters who only create 1 character on each server to get the stuff merged!!!

2 people like this

Posted

i have a feeling that DnL is gonna gut this game in 2 months :D

same thought

Posted (edited)

And it begins...

Edited by Zjinn

Posted

This! They should Ban the exploiters who only create 1 character on each server to get the stuff merged!!!

They should ban exploiters who cry on the forum about everythng

4 people like this

Posted

You know for a fact it would be absurd for a company to DELETE ALL YOUR ITEMS when merging it's servers, when the game gives you the option to play on multiple servers. 

You realise that is ridiculous right? and 10x worse than simply merging items and having nobody lose anything? Think logically.

pretty sure I am keep what you paid for but besides that pick one.

Posted (edited)

* CONTENT REMOVED*

Edited by JuicyJanna
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just one thing... what about those who bought additional character slots? Will there be any compensation or we will just have to deal with the same cap of 12 as those who never bought it?

Edited by Onineko

Posted

What about the inevitable players with same names or family names?

Posted

We keep working on reducing desync / lag issues and predictions are, that the merge will not affect performance negatively.

What about worldbosses? Right now, people jumping from different channels create a lagfest with huge fps drop. If we have people from 3 servers that can jump to do every worldboss, the performance will be reduced even more, despite your efforts. In the suggestion forums, there is a thread with a 'fix' to that: every worldboss reward could only be received once per account, so the jumping would be reduced and the lag avoided. 

Posted (edited)

Time to make a load of characters and have what, 75 event boxes and 6000 free loyalty + spirit diced. Cheers daum.

Edited by Animas

Posted (edited)

What about the inevitable players with same names or family names?

again, this was prevented from the start of the game.

There are no duplicates.

Edited by War

Posted (edited)

How and why? I understood the increased number of channels. For sieges we still will be on the same five channels with three times the numbers we have right now. I barely can deal with the current number of players. I won't be able to do the same with three times the numbers.

well it'll give them a larger chance to focus on independent optimization. As long as they don't get lazy wouldn't this make things much  easier?

Edited by Zymbobwye

Posted

Imagine those players who have all kind of rewards from 3 servers and they get all in 1 server, if this will happen many players will quit, it's ok that half of the players got Red Nose Armor, but this kind of advantage is far superiour then having 1 boss armor piece, just don't transfer items from side servers! (For those who did that and want an unfair advantage, well liek shoveling exploit, disgusting).

3 people like this

Posted

Meh, why are people making such a fuss over a couple hundred millions. Perhaps actually play the game and you'd realize just how insignificant this shit is in the long run. It's not as if this is the first time people made money thanks to foresight, heck the people that hoarded thousands of meme frags or stacked up on millions off imperial trade materials before they got contested earned far more than what you're getting from the other servers. Don't hear anyone complaining about that though 9_9

1 person likes this

Posted

lol the tears are real . 

Posted (edited)

So is this because there are less people on the other servers, that is why they are doing it or was this planned out just following what the Korean version of the game did? Past month or so at least on Uno server, seems like people got back in and new people joining in the last few months, again at least on Uno. Also I don't know how I feel about this, since the Uno server population seemed like it has gone up it might affect farming locations, boss battles, pvp, and especially the Market. The "New World" will have like 36 channels, I think that is a lot so there might be some sort of balance with the farming locations, boss battles, pvp, and the market. Just hope it won't screw us over in the long run.

Edited by Grim Reaper
1 person likes this

Posted

Imagine those players who have all kind of rewards from 3 servers and they get all in 1 server, if this will happen many players will quit, it's ok that half of the players got Red Nose Armor, but this kind of advantage is far superiour then having 1 boss armor piece, just don't transfer items from side servers! (For those who did that and want an unfair advantage, well liek shoveling exploit, disgusting).

It's happening. We have to deal with it.

Posted

What about people with same character name? 

What will happen to them?

Nothing, character/family names are server wide, there is NOT a name equal to yours on any other server of your region.

Posted

I have seen the same character name across 2 US servers, sooo dunno what to tell you....

Probably named differently like l or I, L or i but lower case. its been locked since the start of the game, on a different server I tried making a new character which i needed a family name. I typed in my family name and it said it was already taken from my original server Uno.

Posted

While I understand the benefit for the low pop worlds.. 36 Channels? Channels suck away so much fun and excitement as it is and now having even more?

There are already 36 channels between the 3 servers.  There isn't "more".   You can now just go to the other 24 you were blocked from before.

Posted (edited)

So i di pay to get extra char slots. Did not create alts on other servers because, that would be lame and no user. Now i Read People get alllll the f shit die free when they did nothing but 1 sec ligging. 

THis wil ruin the Market and is a bit like cheating. A holes!!!!!

Edited by Koenjo

Posted (edited)

While I do not care about the rewards - I mean I do but that whole logging in and out and managing characters on other servers stuff ain't for me - I get it, I do. 

While I'm not upset about that I do take particular issue with the fact that this is occurring BEFORE everyone has their Awakenings. On no level is this fair.  I was cool with the fact that you chose to completely reverse your original guidance on Awakenings and spread them out anyway but to take the action of merging servers while a portion of the player base is completely ill-equipped to deal with the other more rambunctious and crazy, not to mention Awakened players on the other servers is completely absurd on your part. 

Dammit Daum

Edited by Trixologist

Posted

Ok, we're gone!

A bunch of us will be leaving. Server merge with all the people in game already? We won't be able to move with all the lag. NO NEED FOR MERGE!!!!!!!

So go ahead and bash me and say "bye". No biggie, I just think this is the by far the stupidest thing they have done and it's a game killer for us. It was fun while it lasted.

WHY did they do this stupid thing?????  Servers are full already!

The amount of channels will remain the same. 12 channels per server at the moment, we will have 36 channels later.

Same hardware, same channels. Nothing will change on that front.

1 person likes this

Posted

This was coming....now to see how this is going to play out for all of the players...

Posted

And here we have another example of a company that doesnt care about game balance, not as confirmed by the delayed awakenings already.