• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

While I do not care about the rewards - I mean I do but that whole logging in and out and managing characters on other servers stuff ain't for me - I get it, I do. 

While I'm not upset about that I do take particular issue with the fact that this is occurring BEFORE everyone has their Awakenings. On no level is this fair.  I was cool with the fact that you chose to completely reverse your original guidance on Awakenings and spread them out anyway but to take the action of merging servers while a portion of the player base is completely ill-equipped to deal with the other more rambunctious and crazy, not to mention Awakened players on the other servers is completely absurd on your part. 

Dammit Daum

Now this is a legitimate cause for concern. I haven't pilfered through all the drivel but has anyone even brought up whether they are even going to continue on the awakening release schedule, or any of the rest of the content they planned to have before the end of the year?

Posted

tl:dr

they are doing the thing they should have done in the first place, that people told them to do in the first place.

Posted (edited)

‌@CM_Aethon CM_Praballo Will be a new name for the new server?

if yes, will be a voting for it?

ad_vote1.thumb.png.450c52f3dc3ef1dec1be3

Edited by Kotaro

Posted

@CM_Praballo  How will server wide buffs work? Like kamasylves and Value packs.

Posted

I determined char names are unique a long time ago. My name the server I started has two ' l 's in it. I went and made a char on another server and tried to do the same name. I could'nt. But what I could do is make one of the ' l 's a capital ' i '. So what looks like a ' l ' is actually a capital ' i '. So I managed to make a simular char on all three servers with a first name that seems the same when actually it's with the ' ll ', ' il ', and ' li ' respectively. On my main server I wanted the name Rapunzel. I couldn't have that. So I settled with Rapunzei, But the ' i ' is capitalized so it looks like Rapunzel. That's what you guys are probably seeing.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1. Free Boos armor you can't change 

2. Have fun to get a grind spot while prime time of you are not in a big pvp guild 

3. The awakening Titels will get harder for players that have not bis gear because on some servers it would be harder and in others easier to get the Titel.  F.e. On crocus the 100. Person finished the quest after 15 minutes and get the Titel on alustin the last Titel was gone after 13 minutes so there are players who are slower in their server who get the Titel while of there were the merge before they would never get it 

Edit: so the amount of 300 players who get the Titel gives not everyone the same chance fit the titel

Edited by sapira1

Posted

Do you have to make characters on other servers in order to get the 12 character slots? Or is everyone automatically expanded to 12?

Posted

This was coming....now to see how this is going to play out for all of the players...

Just wondering, you have p2w profile picture, you must think this game is heavily pay to win, why stay on this community when the majority of players are not going to leave compared to the p2w protesters but even then some stayed? First thing I thought it would be trolling but it seems like it has little to no impact especially players who don't go on the forums at all or just to see patch notes then get back on. Just curious.

Posted

Good point, we will indeed make sure, that players of every class have a similar chance to get the title.

Guild, character and family names are already unique for a region.

This info should probably be added to the main post as these questions are still being asked almost every page. :S

SO if there are 2 same family names on 2 different servers, or characters what then?

I have invested too much time and money to lose my stuff.

"Region" means EU/NA so no need to worry.

Posted

you're letting all those cheesers cash in on their daily rewards across servers? gg this game.

Posted

About the one-week process, does it mean we will not be able to play the game for said period?

Posted

Well the economy is going to get boned pretty hard and the already strong stronger, but for the new player it won't matter much as you are still gearing and I doubt if any of them atleast not majority of the new influx had multiple characters logging in for all those rewards across all 3 servers and if so then good on them they were smart. 

People here cannot demand they take away items it becomes unfair on both ends regardless if you believe people did it because they knew or didn't know they still worked or bought that gear somehow so it's unfair to take it away and unfair to let them keep it. So its up to you if you want to keep playing or not. They won't change how the merger is going to go it was done in KR like this and it will be done here. KR most likely -----ed harder then you guys are doing here and still nothing change.

I see this as good mainly big population, big PvP and even more videos from Lacari, kek.

Posted

Why are you guys even complaining and threatening to leave blah blah blah. did it do any good with the pearl shop items? No. It is what it is. Now either play the game or leave. It's really that simple. not to mention that over half of you that complain about this and threaten to quit will still play anyway. So really knock it off. Lets talk about important stuff like stability. FYI it only takes a few hours to make 100 mil maybe stop fishing and go grind and turn in items and actually learn how to make money and u wouldn't be so salty.

2 people like this

Posted

And here we have another example of a company that doesnt care about game balance, not as confirmed by the delayed awakenings already.

You say this yet the company asks for support from the people on forums yet the people on forums never explain what would be benefitial to the game itselft except by saying "its broken fix it or I am leaving this game" no explanation on how to fix the problem. I can see how having different characters on the different servers being merged into one will cause those players to have more things than the ones who only play on one server but in the long run there is no official ending to the game or end game content, they people who merged different characters are not ahead because there is no finish line for this game.

My issue is the player count on a boss, will it be too crowded than ever before or will it have some type of stability, the other issue is the market, since there are many people in one server will each chan be a different market place or the items people constatly buy will be gone or scarce because so many people are buying however if there are many people in one server that means more gear on the market probably. Personally I do not know how I feel about this but this is certainly not an example of them not caring about balance.

Posted

What about the inevitable players with same names or family names?

All names are unique

Posted

WTF warehouses merges? loyalties merge?

How is this fair? People should just choose one server they want and get that. No one is playing in more than one server. Getting stuff they received from daily rewards just by logging in in all servers is just an exploit that kakao is allowing. If that's the case just give everyone all their daily rewards 3x. 

3 people like this

Posted

Can't it just be made so we each have to pick what server we want to keep our information for? So that people don't end up with 3x red nose and 3x other boss armour.

Posted

@CM_Praballo What happens to the players that played on Jordine? I mean, since Alustin and Croxus are waaaaaaay less populated, the had the huge advantage of free farming spots, thus they had no competition on spots to grind xp or expensive items, thus most of them are way ahead the average player in Jordine. On the other hand, many of the lower players of Jordine have high competition on spots, thus their progress is not as good as the low populated servers' players. How are you gonna make this up for the Jordinians without giving a huge advantage right of the bat to croxus and Alustine?

Posted

Why are you merging all the sh-t people get? There's going to be people with months of rewards and extra loyalty from collecting on other servers... you think this is fair?!?
Also, why not release all awakenings first and THEN merge servers? I don't understand the mentality behind this, the game isn't THAT dead yet.... all channels are packed on weekends, Heidel is laggy on all channels regardless of the day... you must have some other reasoning for this...

@CM_Praballo @CM_Aethon @PM_Jouska 

Also, here are some screenshots from a guildie so you can see just how UNFAIR this item merge is...

2c6e04dbf1.jpg

5b80b164e3.jpg

44d311e443.jpg

6088fccbc3.jpg

You could have done that too, stop the whining @everyone

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Wine Desert Online

vintage

Edited by Mish
1 person likes this

Posted

So about node investment, its says that only the main server's investment level will stay, does that mean all investment is getting reset or which server is the main?

Posted (edited)

You could have done that too, stop the whining @everyone

Just because everybody could have done it, doesn't mean its the right thing to do.. People are getting rewards from events that were meant for new players, when they themselves weren't new players. Are you saying that because we weren't greedy scumbags that took advantage of the system we have no right to complain about it?

The way I see it if you have legit items that you obtained, like money from leveling a character or drops during grinding. Yes, those items should be transfered.. but letting people keep items that were never meant for them to begin with is just stupid.

Edited by Mimiro
1 person likes this

Posted

So about node investment, its says that only the main server's investment level will stay, does that mean all investment is getting reset or which server is the main?

The main server is the one you log in b4 the patch

Posted

All of you crybabies need to suck it up starting to sound like  a bunch of Hillary supporters it is what it is, and its been known and posted for awhile now.

Maybe read what's being said instead of being completely oblivious and ignorant to plain facts on the implications of the server merge. Many people have stated many blatant issues that will happen due to this. Let me sum it up for you because it seems like you just wanna insult people

1. Major lag caused by so many people in 1 area. Regardless of the 36 channels, there's going to be a select few which are very populated which will create more lag than there already is including desync. If the whole point of the merge is to put everyone into 'one world' then why make so many channels? It's not going to achieve the set goal, only cause major problems.

2. The people who aren't logging in on different servers are going to be severely outgeared and disadvantaged to the rest of us. Especially the people who joined recently and the potential new people who will join. If you think a couple hundred mill isn't a lot, think again. Creating an even bigger gear imbalance is going to make people not want to play as all the places where you are able to grind will be taken. The sheer amount of boss gear that's going to be put into the game will again, create a massive power imbalance and also ruin the economy. How was this not overlooked? Not to mention the massive amount of nontradables and loyalties people will get. 

3. Grind spots will be taken always. They're always taken now.. I barely get to grind because the good spots are taken and if I even attempt to go there, i'll get killed easily by overgeared people. I rely on waiting till it's past midnight in America to do grinding and even then it's guaranteed that sausans and pirates are going to be taken. The audacity people must have to say the servers are dead because there's not everyone everywhere is bullshit. Just because there's not big pvp fights going on at grinding spots 24/7 doesn't mean the server is dead. 

4. As this guy said, the titles for the last classes to be awakened will be extremely hard to get now. I'm not going to be one of them but if I was, I know that this would put a massive wrench into my chances of getting it. Like, an almost impossible chance of getting it. It's unfair for those players.

The awakening Titels will get harder for players that have not bis gear because on some servers it would be harder and in others easier to get the Titel.  F.e. On crocus the 100. Person finished the quest after 15 minutes and get the Titel on alustin the last Titel was gone after 13 minutes so there are players who are slower in their server who get the Titel while of there were the merge before they would never get it 

5. World bosses. How the ----- are we going to do those? There's already mass amount of lag at these and now there's going to be more. Goodluck dodging those 1 shots on 10 fps. I have a pretty decent computer and I still lag here. I have friends who refuse to go there because of the lag and now it's going to be much, much worse. Plus, are the amount of people who are eligible for a drop going to get increased or is it staying at 40? If it's staying at 40, it'll literally be a waste of time for many people to go there to not only kill their machine but to also get nothing because it's overcrowded. RIP all chances at getting shit.

I don't see any way for the people who are logging onto multiple servers to get their items that won't create a power imbalance besides not doing it in the first place. If you think you deserve the items that you gained by literally just logging in for a minute everyday then think again. You didn't work for those items, you just logged in to get it. Don't act as if you're going to be losing anything or that it's unfair if you lose those items on merge. The majority of people won't be getting this, what about those people? They just gonna be set back by months just because you logged in for a minute a day to get the best gear in the game? Seems fair. If you legitimately think that the possibility of losing those items is unfair then you are selfish. You can clearly see what will happen as a result and there's no way around it. If it does happen and you do get your items, there should be compensation for the general population who didn't do this otherwise the gap between people who did and didn't do the 3 servers will be extremely large. 

tl;dr rip world bosses, rip the general population who didn't make 3 accounts, rip grinding spots and rip pvp.

2 people like this

Posted

Just because everybody could have done it, doesn't mean its the right thing to do.. People are getting rewards from events that were meant for new players, when they themselves weren't new players. Are you saying that because we weren't greedy scumbags that took advantage of the system we have no right to complain about it?

If there was no fix it was intended so yeah, you are not a greedy scumbag if you have done it.