• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

Bet I could whoop your ass with a club if you're holding a thesaurus.

Sorry if I'm being too blunt and too the point with you but the fact of the matter is

you have no right to tell other people that their time isn't worth what they spent it on.
You ain't shit.
I ain't shit.

Regardless of who ain't shit, we can't say that shit, cause it ain't our time.

You and I spent our time NOT doing what they did so guess what lil man. We don't get to profit like they do.

So what should we give them for their time now? Eh?
I say it's what was promised to them, what they spent it on in the first place. That's what's logical.

now if you'll excuse me, I need to drive home in my fast, expensive car that I spent money getting by exploiting people who know nothing about computers & networking.

Buh bye, baby boy.

If you want to trigger me with your playing "cool" you're doing it wrong, the problem is that making a mantra out of an argument doesn't make it any more valid or true, otherwise you wouldn't waste your time repeating it in this thread, in various thread and losing your nerves on this when some valid points has been brought to the discussion and you're showing it.
That's enough i think.

Posted

What are you even talking about? Sure, the opportunity was there - but there's no logical reason to expect that the contents of 3 distinct servers should be combined into 1. If you can't transfer items from Uno to Edan today, why should you get to magically get the items merged together tomorrow? 

the is logical reason

the fact the same thing happened and was allowed on the other regions.

Logically speaking, you'd assume the same to happen here 

1 person likes this

Posted

Bet I could whoop your ass with a club if you're holding a thesaurus.

Sorry if I'm being too blunt and too the point with you but the fact of the matter is

you have no right to tell other people that their time isn't worth what they spent it on.
You ain't shit.
I ain't shit.

Regardless of who ain't shit, we can't say that shit, cause it ain't our time.

You and I spent our time NOT doing what they did so guess what lil man. We don't get to profit like they do.

So what should we give them for their time now? Eh?
I say it's what was promised to them, what they spent it on in the first place. That's what's logical.

now if you'll excuse me, I need to drive home in my fast, expensive car that I spent money getting by exploiting people who know nothing about computers & networking.

Buh bye, baby boy.

Out of likes, but hey, I agree.I can't believe i exist either.

Maybe the reason I drive so -----ing fast is because I know death can occur at any time.
Gut Gut Gut me up and ----- ----- ----- me up~

Anyway, the prospect of knowing that you live in the State governed by an incompetent patented fool lacking any judge, democratically elected person I named Trump, makes me enthusiastic.

Posted

Anyway, the prospect of knowing that you live in the State governed by an incompetent patented fool lacking any judge, democratically elected person I named Trump, makes me enthusiastic.

i'm sorry, but you are the entitled brat in the story. You wanna break other kids toys because yours is not as shiny, dismissing the fact that they spent time polishing it.

Posted

Go ----- yourselves Daum

Too much RNG, they cannot do that ;)

This is the type of money people made on other servers (and please do note that this is just one server)..

Kakao - how the hell is this fair?

ss+(2016-11-10+at+12.12.13).jpg

There is a big button at a slot machine and you could win $/€ 1.000.000, but takes 5 min to press the button. You can decide to press it or not. Some ppl pressed it, apparently you didn't.

Took 5 mins a day? What a big effort xD

If 5 min a day could earn me this much, I would 100% do it. For example, if I carress a baby for just 5 min a day and it will feel loved and warmth by it, I would 100% do it.

I wont get any benefits from the merge for i only have 1 Character on 1 server. 

Im a casual player and i dont mind about the merge as long as i can play on my own pace and as long as the connectivity won't be an issue.

Merge simply means ill have more friends / players to play with.

Just in case the game "shuts down"( i hope not) ill just move on. It's not the end the world. There's alot of new mmorpgs coming. We might not know, the visual graphics of that new game might be the same or better than BDO. 

Its just a game, lets not fight or argue with it. 

Just incase you spent alot of money here, it was your decision after all. Me? I spent around $150 so far and planning to spend more. Ive spent alot of money on every MMO i play and i NEVER regret it even if i quit or stop playing it.

In short, just enjoy the game.

This by far the most positive and friendly post I've read in this topic so far. You get a like from me :)

2 people like this

Posted

The people complaining about the server merge because some people have multiple characters on multiple servers...  You are the vocal minority.

Imagine the backlash if people who have friends on multiple servers had all of their stuff deleted because you think it's unfair that they get to keep what they worked for.

Your argument is akin to complaining that people use multiple alternate characters to work their farms, and spend energy.

"But Daum gave them 3x as many free things!" ... and you could have had those things as well.  It is your own shortsightedness that is to blame.  You could have 12 characters spending thousands of energy on a single server... does that make it unfair to the person who only has one character?

2 people like this

Posted

i'm sorry, but you are the entitled brat in the story. You wanna break other kids toys because yours is not as shiny, dismissing the fact that they spent time polishing it.

Not a correct analogy at all.  More like he was rewarded with 1 toy for his time while other kids got 3 toys for the same amount of time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Imagine the backlash if people who have friends on multiple servers had all of their stuff deleted because you think it's unfair that they get to keep what they worked for.

Noone's asking that their items be deleted, just that they don't get everything merged into 1 account - just like it is today. Simple enough tbh.

Posted (edited)

Not a correct analogy at all.  More like he was rewarded with 1 toy for his time while other kids got 3 toys for the same amount of time.

Incorrect.  The analogy is spot on because well spent time = better rewards.  

If I spend 100% of my time with only one character, and you spend 90% of your time with one character, and 10% of your time with 11 alternate characters, you benefit more.

I spent 90% of my time on one server, and 10% of my time on two other servers.  I have a level 52 Sorcerer (Edan), and a level 53 Tamer (Orwen).  Your argument is that my investment is unfair because you didn't do it.  That's illogical nonsense.  Your lack of well spent time should not translate into me losing my well spent time.

Noone's asking that their items be deleted, just that they don't get everything merged into 1 account - just like it is today. Simple enough tbh.

Russia and Korea both had the exact same type of server merge.  You should have expected this.

Edited by Velexia
1 person likes this

Posted

The people complaining about the server merge because some people have multiple characters on multiple servers...  You are the vocal minority.

Your argument is akin to complaining that people use multiple alternate characters to work their farms, and spend energy.

"But Daum gave them 3x as many free things!" ... and you could have had those things as well.  It is your own shortsightedness that is to blame.  You could have 12 characters spending thousands of energy on a single server... does that make it unfair to the person who only has one character?

No, you are the vocal minority.

Your analogies are nonsense.  You either know that and are intentionally trying to be an agent provocateur, or you lack complex reasoning skills.

These rewards were never intended to be tripled on one server.  It's not fair, it's not balanced, and it is a massive power boost for extremely little effort.

Posted

I spent 90% of my time on one server, and 10% of my time on two other servers.  I have a level 52 Sorcerer (Edan), and a level 53 Tamer (Orwen).  Your argument is that my investment is unfair because you didn't do it.  That's illogical nonsense.  Your lack of well spent time should not translate into me losing my well spent time.

Your investment is fine. You should get to keep both your characters, but there's no reason they should be linked. You can't transfer as much as a potato between the two accounts right now, so I have no idea why you think that should change.

Posted

but we don't have as much from our sausan grinding on our "main" account as you do. Comprende?? gne
also, time invested on characters is going to be wiped because over 12 chars... you should loose 2 levels on your main to make up for this just because it seems legit to not suck up our choices in 2016.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, you are the vocal minority.

Your analogies are nonsense.  You either know that and are intentionally trying to be an agent provocateur, or you lack complex reasoning skills.

These rewards were never intended to be tripled on one server.  It's not fair, it's not balanced, and it is a massive power boost for extremely little effort.

Incorrect.  For reasons already outlined, see above.

Posted

If I spend 100% of my time with only one character, and you spend 90% of your time with one character, and 10% of your time with 11 alternate characters, you benefit more.

You may want to play a game where the most profitable play-style is repeatedly logging into and out of different servers to click rewards buttons.  I don't.  I doubt most normal people do.

I don't want to do that so I can complete with you guys.  That's not fun.  That's not a game of fun that humans want to play.

Your point about "I could have done this too" misses the point completely.  I don't want to do that.  I don't want to play a game where if I DON'T do that I'm going to be massively out-earned by those that do.

I'm not going to go home and make characters on all three servers now either, because that's a shitty game to play.

2 people like this

Posted

Russia and Korea both had the exact same type of server merge.  You should have expected this.

You would be incorrect, because I could say the same thing.  I have a level 58 Tamer on Edan and also a level 55 Maewha, your time was simply better than my time because you played on a second server?  No it is not.  That is an entitled attitude to have.  Where I spend my time doesn't make it any less valuable than yours, you should not be entitled to 3x the rewards I get simply because you chose to play on a different server on the SAME ACCOUNT.

Your assumptions that everyone who plays BDO researches RU or KR is also absurd, this is NA/EU servers we are talking about, they have many differences that RU or KR.  Simply because they made one mistake there doesn't mean we need to suffer the same fate.

STOP WITH THE ENTITLEMENT.  YOUR TIME IS NO MORE VALUABLE THAN ANYONE ELSE'S.  Just because you chose to play on another server that doesn't make your time more valuable or more "well spent".

Posted

You may want to play a game where the most profitable play-style is repeatedly logging into and out of different servers to click rewards buttons.  I don't.  I doubt most normal people do.

I don't want to do that so I can complete with you guys.  That's not fun.  That's not a game of fun that humans want to play.

Your point about "I could have done this too" misses the point completely.  I don't want to do that.  I don't want to play a game where if I DON'T do that I'm going to be massively out-earned by those that do.

I'm not going to go home and make characters on all three servers now either, because that's a shitty game to play.

That is the game you are playing.  It has always been that way.  You are free to leave it if you don't like it.  You have to adapt to the situation you are in, you should not expect reality to (always (it can be done, but that's another topic)) adapt to you.

You don't get to define what 'normal' is.

If you don't want to do it, that's fine, don't, but you don't then have a solid foundation to complain when the people that do benefit from it.

Then don't play the game.

Posted

That is the game you are playing.  It has always been that way.  You are free to leave it if you don't like it.  You have to adapt to the situation you are in, you should not expect reality to (always (it can be done, but that's another topic)) adapt to you.

You don't get to define what 'normal' is.

If you don't want to do it, that's fine, don't, but you don't then have a solid foundation to complain when the people that do benefit from it.

Then don't play the game.

This isn't "reality", this is a choice made by a game design company.  That doesn't somehow magically make it a good choice, or un-changeable.

Do you just accept everything that happens to you because it's "reality" and you should just adapt?

You guys just want to profit off something that's only marginally more defensible than desert shoveling exploits.  How is that any different?  Those people just used basic existing game mechanics too.  Is it our fault we didn't get rich exploiting that too, because we just didn't take the time to research Korean servers and adapt to reality?  Man this is dumb.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You guys just want to profit off something that's only marginally more defensible than desert shoveling exploits.  How is that any different?  Those people just used basic existing game mechanics too.  Is it our fault we didn't get rich exploiting that too, because we just didn't take the time to research Korean servers and adapt to reality?  Man this is dumb.

What a completely absurd assertion.  I made those characters before I made the character that I currently mainly play.  It was pure happenstance that I ended up on the server I ended up on.  I was given free items by Daum/Kakao, and I still occasionally play those characters (they have approximately 50 hours each).  You are accusing me of exploiting the game for playing it perfectly legitimately, and the only reason you are upset is because you won't benefit from it.  That is insanity, extremely selfish, and rude.  I didn't learn about how the server mergers would work until around a month ago.  I didn't even expect it would happen this quickly.  But I did expect it would happen.  You should have expected it as well.  

Edited by Velexia

Posted

What a completely absurd assertion.  I made those characters before I made the character that I currently mainly play.  I was given free items by Daum/Kakao, and I still occasionally play those characters (they have approximately 50 hours each).  You are accusing me of exploiting the game for playing it perfectly legitimately, and the only reason you are upset is because you won't benefit from it.  That is insanity,extremely selfish, and rude  I didn't learn about how the server mergers would work until around a month ago.  I didn't even expect it would happen this quickly.  But I did expect it would happen.  You should have expected it as well.  

Well I guess our expectations were different.  We, the vocal majority, feel that it's not right to reward someone 3x just for playing on the same account on a different server while rewarding others just one.  Where potentially the same amount of time was spent.  This isn't the same thing as someone spending the same time in game and not being able to accomplish the same quests as another person, or reaching the same level.  It's a matter of logging in and getting a reward for showing up.  It was wrong to allow rewards for each server and not binding them one to an account.  That is what is absurd.

1 person likes this

Posted

Simply because they made one mistake there doesn't mean we need to suffer the same fate.

STOP WITH THE ENTITLEMENT.  YOUR TIME IS NO MORE VALUABLE THAN ANYONE ELSE'S.  Just because you chose to play on another server that doesn't make your time more valuable or more "well spent".

It is your opinion that it was a mistake.

I agree, you should stop with the entitlement, your time is no more valuable than anyone else's.

However, you are incorrect in this regard, time can be more "well spent".

Alternate characters, different grind spots, different activities... etc.

If every action in the game led to the exact same outcome and "profit", no one would play this game because it would be boring.

The most important part of your game time is... are you having fun while doing it.  Don't get so caught up in what everyone else is doing.  So Orca (UNO) has 30 maids and can grind all day non stop, and has gear so high you would never stand a chance against him.  His time is more well spent, profit wise.  You can't argue or deny that.  Just play the game, have fun, and if you aren't having fun, play differently, or play something else <3

We, the vocal majority...

I'd like to see you prove this baseless assertion.

Posted

Character bound all items...problem solved.

Posted

Alternate characters, different grind spots, different activities... etc.

It's so weird that you're comparing legitimate in-game strategies with the kind of metagaming garbage we're talking about here. They are not comparable, and the only people saying otherwise are clearly trying to sell something. 

Posted

I didn't know about the server werehouse merges so i won't get it.

I am totally against it , the whole idea of getting it 3 x times is wrong , being exploit or not hardly matters , either give all attendance rewards to be possible for clain 2 more times for people that didn't OR do not merge werehouses. The pile of silver and CASH SHOP value on all these items is a lot. Getting a bilion of silver + several hundred euros of cashshop items for free is totally wrong. I do pay for my cashshop stuff and i wont tolerate someone to get their stuff for free.

Find proper solution to the werehouse merge , this will not go well for the player base , on thing is to be UNLUCKY ingame , other thing is to be screwed because someone knew and others did not. I Myself might be pretty much done if people get these attendance rewards merged. 

As you can see i hardly post on forums , this really pissed me off if i was bothered to come and rant here!

Posted (edited)

It's so weird that you're comparing legitimate in-game strategies with the kind of metagaming garbage we're talking about here. They are not comparable, and the only people saying otherwise are clearly trying to sell something. 

You are cherry picking and creating your own personal definition of legitimate.  They are perfectly comparable.

I like the suggestion another person made... I will gladly give up everything I gained on alternate servers, if you give up 10% of your silver, 10% of your gear (and other items), and 10% of your levels (and skill points) on all characters.

Edited by Velexia

Posted

What will happen with account and character names? Has it always been one account and character name across all 3 servers?