• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

LOL! what do i think? I think your trying to make me annoyed or goad me into an argument! LOL! 

but in answer to your statement, yes it is a unfair advantage IMHO. you have made profit you wouldn't of normally if you stayed on a single server and due to that plus the lack of comms on this subject it creates an unstable balance. But hey, you can disagree but the end result will soon present itself with allot more powerful characters, more thyan their should be.

I find it disappointing that @GM_Dew continues to answer all the EASY questions on here but avoids the difficult ones like the ones most of us are asking, like the unfair balance on the merge of rewards, loyalty points and event items. Very disappointing indeed.

yeah, you are correct. I guess I was picking at you while being sarcastic...  sorry.

I will admit I wondered if getting the stuff was an exploit.

Take care...

Posted

People are saying that the game is dying , the game is very alive and with this merge is going to get better in all the ways , stop QQ

Posted

Maybe it's that the giveaways were clearly intended to be handed out once and not 3 times. It's inherently unfair for players who played the game in good faith get shafted by you lot who exploited a broken mechanic. 

pretty sure it was intended to be handed out once PER SERVER. it was even written down. if you don't bother to read or comprehend don't blame people who do. You were not playing in "good faith" you were playing EASY. And if the rewards matter so much to you that you'd whine about it now : you were also playing lazy (in regards to your goals). Barking now is uncouth.

Posted

Maybe it's that the giveaways were clearly intended to be handed out once and not 3 times. It's inherently unfair for players who played the game in good faith get shafted by you lot who exploited a broken mechanic. 

How is this exploit by any means? Think about it like this that there were three worlds, three dimensions of people going thru good and bad til now just like you did. It is intended to be 1 time for virtual role you take filling the character shoes on the bdo world. Some people took those roles in 3 worlds/servers to go through with good and bad and those results gained by any means are sound to me. I myself only touched some ways of having this so called (more world) of chances out n will not gain jack shite from this, being casual vibe player...

Posted

It's a developer sanctioned exploit, which makes it even worse because it means Daum/Kakao knew this would happen and though it was sound design. Well, this netted them an uninstall from me. It was nice to see the server populated with all the new characters called "Freeloot" and "Gimmemonez" etc.

Posted

It's a developer sanctioned exploit, which makes it even worse because it means Daum/Kakao knew this would happen and though it was sound design. Well, this netted them an uninstall from me. It was nice to see the server populated with all the new characters called "Freeloot" and "Gimmemonez" etc.

How man u can be so rude? Just imaging in your head all the gains what the peoples "would be getting" and how is this to be so good to be blaming overseas poor devs. On a sidenote i recall there was the choice for megaserver? Those symptoms like chars with "freeloot" n "etc"  are just the possibilities AN PLAYER can have and are just normal in the mmo worlds... 

Posted

How man u can be so rude? Just imaging in your head all the gains what the peoples "would be getting" and how is this to be so good to be blaming overseas poor devs. On a sidenote i recall there was the choice for megaserver? Those symptoms like chars with "freeloot" n "etc"  are just the possibilities AN PLAYER can have and are just normal in the mmo worlds... 

Your lack of a brain is rude.

1 person likes this

Posted

Your lack of a brain is rude.

Good to know man about my brain and it is actually pretty rude! Haha! Wish you still good with ur other adventures and the taste in your mouth about the inequality u will conquer!

Posted

Ironically, the way you're desperately trying to defend your unfair advantage over other players says a lot about you.

Let me translate what Mickey is saying "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Bye Felicia!

Posted

Those complaining about this must be the same who advocated for trophies for participation...

Posted

What happens to unclaimed rewards? @CM_Praballo

Do they just stay I take it

Posted

Those complaining about this must be the same who advocated for trophies for participation...

Do you not see that the login rewards, black spirit adventures, loyalties and events are literally trophies for participation and not actually earned? The irony...

1 person likes this

Posted

I find it disappointing that @GM_Dew continues to answer all the EASY questions on here but avoids the difficult ones like the ones most of us are asking, like the unfair balance on the merge of rewards, loyalty points and event items. Very disappointing indeed.

We have posted our current stance on the matter. We are gathering your feedback but will refrain from making opinionated posts.

GM Dew

Thanks for the clarification on character slots - I think you're doing a great job - I certainly wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now. I've been watching the forums all day and last night - did you even get to bed?

Alas despite your clarification I still have a few more questions about the character slots ( I have 28 characters across all servers and I also have 4 slots available right now)

1) You've said 12 is the new character limit - when the drow comes out are we getting  free slot or not to take it to 13? I ask this because as things stand I will need to delete 16 characters and if I need another of the twelve slots for the drow I'll need to delete another character. And if another race / class is introduced I'll need another one etc, etc causing further deletions and loss of items, etc.

2) As I've kitted out all 28 characters how will I be receiving a cash refund for the pearl items I brought? The reason I ask this is all of the characters I will so generously be allowed to keep have been fully kitted out and there's no real, need for alternative costumes. So will I get the actual cash I spent back as I should do? Not being refunded actual cash I spent for something I can no longer use due to K deciding to merge the servers isn't acceptable. And if this isn't the case it should've been made clear to everyone alting on other servers before spending that characters would be deleted on a server merge.

3) What compensation will I / we receive for the hours and hours we / I've spent on levelling my characters for no future use?  

4) As D/K allowed us to use all three servers and have confirmed this was not an exploit will they not consider allowing 6x3=18 character slots instead? After all they gifted us these slots to use (three to start/one for pre-order/ two slots for ninja/K and Bladers (at least i think it was two slots we got). As this allowed us 6 characters per server they should at the MINIMUM honour this.

5) Is twelve the max number of slots - so if I buy more slots with loyalty after the merge will these show up / be allowed or is that it (twelve and twelve only)?

6) One last question - why did D/K allow people to make loads of characters across all three servers and spend money kitting them out if they knew a merger was coming and slots would be limited to 12? This seems negligent to say the least especially if real cash will not be refunded when  spent on costumes which are now useless. I wonder if this would stand up to a legal challenge if pearls are to be given instead. Seems like obtaining money under false pretences to me.

Please find out for me please. Question 2 is the most important.

Many thanks

1. I currently do not have any information about whether our maximum amount of character slots will be increased whenever a new class will come out. This has been the case for past releases but we cannot guarantee that it will be so for the future as well.

2&3. We are still discussing internal policies on how to handle this, but I advise you to send in a ticket to Customer Support after the merge, and we'll do our best to assist you.

4. This currently is not something being considered.

5. Twelve is the maximum amount you can expand to. Once you reach that number you won't be able to use anymore Character Slot Expansion Coupons, they won't work.

6. Not a question I can answer.

If you really want to keep the looks of your characters, I suggest saving their appearance by going into the Character Appearance Editor (F4) and saving their appearance by clicking the "Safe File" button there. Then you can remake them in the NA region if you still want to.

What happens to unclaimed rewards? @CM_Praballo

Do they just stay I take it

We've requested more clarification about this from PA and will update the FAQ as soon as we get more information.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

You should inform me 1 month ago, my 3x boss armor recompensation is gone :(

2 people like this

Posted

We've requested more clarification about this from PA and will update the FAQ as soon as we get more information.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Thank you! :)

Posted

Thank you GM Dew for responding and being so patient.

Fingers crossed that common sense prevails and we get all our cash, LP and spent gold back for all the pearl items, char slots etc, dyes used and what not. Along with decent compensation for the time and effort wasted when I could've been levelling the very lonely twelve characters I'll be left with.

Perhaps a bit of feedback / sarcasm aimed at / for the developer etc (not you though) - next time make a duff character generator so people don't want to design new characters and design rubbish outfits / items so no one wants to buy them.

Thanks again

Posted

So would the items stack after merge by the same nature or not across the warehouses?

Posted

Ironically, the way you're desperately trying to defend your unfair advantage over other players says a lot about you.

As I said that's not MY advantage I was just as lazy as you. Just not butthurt about people doing more and getting more for it while following rules. Which makes me sensible and you a whiner.

Posted

All this is really disappointing. I can not believe you actually think to give  ALL THIS STUFF(6x boss armors, kk maybe kkk of gold, loyality, etc) to some players and leave with nothing all others. People spend months trying to dropping ONE of these objects, and you are giving them all as if nothing had happened. as if it were normal. The only ones who defend this crap are the "smart guys" who have done it. This is bullshit  ....

(sorry for the English but you should understand the meaning)

Posted

What will happen with the 2 bonus character slots given when they release Musa and the Ninja.

Posted

What will happen with the 2 bonus character slots given when they release Musa and the Ninja.

Ain't they already included in the 6 free open slots?

I arrived after Musa, i had 5, now it's 6 free spots... if i recall correctly. 

Posted

" Everyone knew a merge was coming but not this early but we knew. "

Well I didnt know, and I have asked around in the guild and some other guilds and they didnt know either so your argument is flawed.

But i'm open to debate, please provide evidence where Daum/Pearl Abyss/Kakao have said in the distant past that this was a definite possibility.

It is not our responsibility to FIND the information, it is the responsibility of the company to readily and openly supply such information in the best and easiest way to access it.

I mean, sorry to say but your guild and the other guilds you asked seem retarded. I didn't know, my guild didn't know, but somehow we came across the information that servers are going to merge. I don't remember how, I don't remember why, but we came across that information. It was general knowledge that servers were going to merge by the time valencia came out. Channel chat talked about it every now and again. I mean unless you're so closed to information, I have no clue how you've not come across it. Even with 6 days/9 hour work week, this information was easily available to me and friends I play with.

Posted

At launch, the default amount of character slots was 4. This is now 6 after you got the 2 free character slots from the class releases.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted (edited)

We have posted our current stance on the matter. We are gathering your feedback but will refrain from making opinionated posts.

@GM_Dew

Is there a time table we can hear the results of your feedback?  There is an overwhelming amount of players upset by this as you can see and it feels like those voicing their concerns are getting shut down because it's "our fault" we chose to play on a single server.  There was no indication of an imminent server merge beyond rumors flying around as the CM team constantly denied these rumors when the question was directed at them.  As you can see in an earlier post people are talking about reading the KR Patch notes in order to get ahead in the NA/EU game, already anticipating changes.  If this is how we are to gain knowledge, shouldn't you also be posting the KR notes so we know what to expect down the line and can make changes accordingly just like those that are translating the notes themselves?

I mean, sorry to say but your guild and the other guilds you asked seem retarded. I didn't know, my guild didn't know, but somehow we came across the information that servers are going to merge. I don't remember how, I don't remember why, but we came across that information. It was general knowledge that servers were going to merge by the time valencia came out. Channel chat talked about it every now and again. I mean unless you're so closed to information, I have no clue how you've not come across it. Even with 6 days/9 hour work week, this information was easily available to me and friends I play with.

It's not General Knowledge until it comes from the CM/GM's and that didn't happen until this thread was posted, up until that point it was all unfounded rumors.

Edited by flukeSG2

Posted

@GM_Dew

Is there a time table we can hear the results of your feedback?  There is an overwhelming amount of players upset by this as you can see and it feels like those voicing their concerns are getting shut down because it's "our fault" we chose to play on a single server.  There was no indication of an imminent server merge beyond rumors flying around as the CM team constantly denied these rumors when the question was directed at them.  As you can see in an earlier post people are talking about reading the KR Patch notes in order to get ahead in the NA/EU game, already anticipating changes.  If this is how we are to gain knowledge, shouldn't you also be posting the KR notes so we know what to expect down the line and can make changes accordingly just like those that are translating the notes themselves?

It's not General Knowledge until it comes from the CM/GM's and that didn't happen until this thread was posted, up until that point it was all unfounded rumors.

That's the thing..The people that took advantage of this HAVE been doing the research, have been keeping up with "what to expect" from KR version. This is NA/EU forums. Do the "homework" and look for KR patch notes. No offense intended at all.

I was not aware of this since the beginning. I only found out about it (through word of mouth from another guildie, because at the time I wasn't doing any research at ALL) when you could get the sharp/hard bundles and since. Since then, every Wed..I've been hitting up Reddit and the KR site to see changes in KR. I've been cycling 10 characters on my main server, 1 on each of the other servers (leveled, etc). Common sense would say that eventually a server merge WOULD happen. It happened everywhere else. That's all TIME I could have spent on my main character, but chose to spend it on the other servers. That's all just supposed to go poof? How is that fair?

Yes it sucks for those that didn't do this, I 100% get that. Taking advantage of this stuff was done legitimately. The Dev's have given their stance on it. My suggestion, as I have told everyone I know since I was told..Make characters on the other servers. It's completely legitimate to do. The current event going on has the potential to be more beneficial than the others COMBINED. The rewards from these boxes are HUGE. I keep one character training horses on Uno at night, put another training horses on Edan during the day at work, and play my main server Orwen when I get off work. 3x the boxes. That is huge.

1 person likes this