• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

@GM_Dew

Is there a time table we can hear the results of your feedback?

We do not have such a time table. We try to update you all as soon as possible whenever we come to a conclusion or when we have more information to share.

However, I can tell you that such things will most likely not be posted on a weekend, as our main staff works normal office hours on weekdays, and thus it's hard to discuss important matters without the presence of our office staff.

Best regards,
GM Dew

5 people like this

Posted

@PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo

Good Luck with your merge guys, you should probably know how this thing will affect players and more ppl will quit more than you expect.
Hopefully you realize how UNFAIR your decision in ITEMS will be and how it will affect new players and those players who started few months ago. 
I do myself hope for this someday but not in this way, LOYALTIES is acceptable but REWARDS just isn't right, not everybody has time to log out log in multiple characters and servers. Fix your sh!t, well what do i expect GM,CM or PM never listen for sure, if you want to be a leader try to be one and do something beneficial for the majority. Open your eyes, game is not dead so don't kill it now. I'm not salty because i didn't do it i myself, the truth is i did collected daily loyalties and pretty much that's it. But for all the rewards to come together is just B... wake up and think thrice!! 

Just a pleb who cares about the game.. 

youre just a pleb, u know nothing

Posted

At launch, the default amount of character slots was 4. This is now 6 after you got the 2 free character slots from the class releases.

Best regards,
GM Dew

But i have pre-ordered package. This means i have 4+1 slots, then 2 bonus. Total 7

Posted

Well if they are gathering feedback then my $0.02 is that keeping items during from all servers during merge is the correct and fair way to do it. There are people that play on multiple servers, etc, etc. They potentially spent pearls and definitely invested time. Telling them all their stuff will just be deleted would make no sense.

It quickly became common knowledge how server merges worked in the other regions. I don't understand all the crying about it but then again that is what people do on these forums so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Posted

Great for the people that created a single char on all 3 servers and got 6x boss armor. Will all be merged so they can have a full set.
Congrats Daum! Stupidest thing ever. @GM_Dew @CM_Praballo

And then I didn't even mention they will get all their silver, horses etc. merged. People who play on only 1 server will be put at a -----ing HUGE disadvantage.

*Popular post, proves I'm not just a loner who feels this way. Daum/Kakao get your shit together ;)

Enough has been said.

1 person likes this

Posted

it took an hour at most to make 2 toons and claim the rewards you guy's didn't do that but you can bet money your ready to ----- for day's about it people saw the merg coming and they preped for it just in case and you didn't now your gonna sit here and cry on the fourm's and try and get your way if this make's you quit the game please dear god do so this game need's less toxic people like your self in it, Doesnt really matter to me already full boss got kzarka and dandy never needed boss gear but a little more money would have been nice but if your gonna ----- to take it away from people face it you will never make it in the game anyway

Posted

But i have pre-ordered package. This means i have 4+1 slots, then 2 bonus. Total 7

The pre-order character slot increases work exactly the same as purchased Character Slot Expansion Coupons, so it counts as an extra purchased slot.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

@CM_Praballo

One thing that wasn't covered is what happens to contribution items, ie farms.  Do you keep the ones on the main server and will they still be out and growing?  The issue here is in KR they were all taken away and contribution was refunded.  I'd like to know as I'd need to stockpile seeds in that case.8

Posted

Well if they are gathering feedback then my $0.02 is that keeping items during from all servers during merge is the correct and fair way to do it. There are people that play on multiple servers, etc, etc. They potentially spent pearls and definitely invested time. Telling them all their stuff will just be deleted would make no sense.

It quickly became common knowledge how server merges worked in the other regions. I don't understand all the crying about it but then again that is what people do on these forums so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

No one is asking for their regular items to be deleted, why does no one understand that.  People are complaining about getting 3x the Event Rewards for simply logging in.  If people played on the other servers, leveled, geared up through normal means or gained silver by normal means, no one is saying get rid of that.

If Player 1 spent all his time on a single server he would have 2 pieces of boss gear just from the last event.  If Player 2 spent only a marginal amount of time on a second server he would now have 4 pieces of boss gear and if he spent a little more time on a third server her would have 6 pieces.  This isn't doing anything more than simply logging in and collecting an item.  I by no means want anyone's hard work to be removed, but that is by no means work.

Anyone saying that it's because it's 3 different servers, well that is technically wrong because they will have 3x the rewards of others on 1 server after the merge.

People saying we should have known because KR had it happen.  Well KR has a lot of different things than us or RU.  KR didn't have world bosses for a long time.  KR has more P2W features than us.  They are different games, why should you expect everything they have would be the same here?  If we are to expect to see exactly what KR has down the road than I think it's the duty of the CM/GM's to publish the KR notes here in this forum where everyone can read them, rather than expecting someone to go and have to google pertinent game information off a 3rd party website.

Allowing players to keep the extra rewards for simply being on other servers favors those players in the merge, it fits the definition of unbalance.

I don't think saying this will help others understand because the ones that argue against seem to just want their free event prizes 3x more than anyone else.

8 people like this

Posted

Do you not see that the login rewards, black spirit adventures, loyalties and events are literally trophies for participation and not actually earned? The irony...

Thought you were leaving? Glad you highlighted this. Now i know the real problem. You guys forgot to get your participation trophies lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Thought you were leaving? Glad you highlighted this. Now i know the real problem. You guys forgot to get your participation trophies lol

Oh I'm sticking around on the forums a bit to watch the ship sink. You need to up your trollin' efforts though, your bait is pretty weak.

Posted

@flukeSG2

So since I took the time to get to 53 on two other servers than my main and got the log in rewards because I was there and playing I should have those stripped from my character cause you didn't do the same thing?

That sure it what it sounds like, because I took the time to level character elsewhere where some friends play I am to be punished and have these items removed because you didn't do that?

2 people like this

Posted

Well I was excited... but now I'm bummed.

The original notes said that we would get upgraded to 12 slots on the new server, and as a free to play player (I've spent less then $100) I was excited to catch a break and be able to have some characters to use for failstacks and energy.  So I went to work leveling new alts on fresh servers that I would get in a month, and was even more excited to find that they had all these rewards and items that I could get as well.  I had failed to read the future like other players had, to get 3xPenguins/6xBoss boxes/3xrewards, but at least I would get some extra characters!  :D

My excitement turned bitter when a guildy said that the GMs had back-peddled on giving away character slots.  Potential  ~$$PROFIT$$~  requires a post update!

No free alternate characters for poor gamers like me.  I could get those false characters I leveled...I just have to fork up my wallet.  The struggle will continue, and I will keep paddling hard in my rowboat to keep up with these Yachts and speedboats, but my arms are getting tired.

I will continue to play this game because I love it... but I wonder how many will not.  The downhill trend of population doesn't surprise me anymore with maneuvers like this one.

Posted (edited)

@flukeSG2

So since I took the time to get to 53 on two other servers than my main and got the log in rewards because I was there and playing I should have those stripped from my character cause you didn't do the same thing?

That sure it what it sounds like, because I took the time to level character elsewhere where some friends play I am to be punished and have these items removed because you didn't do that?

Did you collect the event rewards on more than 1 server?  If so, yes I believe the extra rewards should be either removed.  I say that because after the merge your level 53 toons from other servers will have access to your "main" event rewards.

Leveling on another server is no different than leveling on 1 server.  You can have 3 toons on a single server or 3 toons across 3 servers.  Why should the player who is on 3 servers get 3x the event rewards all rolled into one package vs the player who stayed on a single server and did the same legwork?  That sounds like punishing the single server player instead.

P.S. I'm also curious why you define that as punishment having those rewards taken away when you will have access to them on your main account after the merge.  No one is asking for the levels of your alts to be lowered/removed or any of the silver/gear you acquired through playing to be removed because those are things you'd have gained equally no matter what server you played on or where you spent your time.

Edited by flukeSG2
P.S.
3 people like this

Posted

@flukeSG2

You can and should enjoy those earned things/rewards not on a stronger toon that you actually mained. If you actually played this game at any point before the server merge announcement with the genuine intention to level toons on two different servers without ever hoping to transfer what you earned to the other, then they can give you two new separate accounts not linked in addition to your main so you can participate freely on the new merged server with three accounts rather than one. Just because you play on two separate servers does not mean you deserve to transfer those gains when that option never existed to begin with. Thats just blatantly taking advantage (or exploiting) the server merge.

Posted (edited)

Did you collect the event rewards on more than 1 server?  If so, yes I believe the extra rewards should be either removed.  I say that because after the merge your level 53 toons from other servers will have access to your "main" event rewards.

Leveling on another server is no different than leveling on 1 server.  You can have 3 toons on a single server or 3 toons across 3 servers.  Why should the player who is on 3 servers get 3x the event rewards all rolled into one package vs the player who stayed on a single server and did the same legwork?  That sounds like punishing the single server player instead.

no one stoped them from claiming the rewards but them people knew the merg was coming a preped lazy people didn't and now they want to cry about it when it happens rofl i'm going to take a guess and say your one of them

Edited by Aldrin

Posted

no one stoped them from claiming the rewards but them people knew the merg was coming a preped lazy people didn't and now they want to cry about it when it happens rofl i'm going to take a guess and say your one of them

You are saying because I played on a single server and progressed on my main or any alts I have on a single server I'm lazy compared to someone who might have an alt on another server?  What makes you think that person worked harder than I did or the reverse?  You seem to think because you placed an alt on another server you are ENTITLED to more rewards than those who spent their time differently from you.  You did not work for those items.

4 people like this

Posted

Im going to take a guess and say that everyone who did not participate in the shovel exploit was lazy as well.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the reply @GM_Dew

Another question on the subject of player housing. If a player has characters across multiple servers, but do not own houses of any type, will their houses on the designated main server still reset(Provided they have houses on the server that becomes the main)?

I ask this because I have houses in the server that will become my main(none on any other server), and would like to prepare in the event that the merge resets it and I have to replace all the furniture(that will be sent to my storage as I understand).

Edited by Xeneize

Posted (edited)

You are saying because I played on a single server and progressed on my main or any alts I have on a single server I'm lazy compared to someone who might have an alt on another server?  What makes you think that person worked harder than I did or the reverse?  You seem to think because you placed an alt on another server you are ENTITLED to more rewards than those who spent their time differently from you.  You did not work for those items.

in the time you spent defending the fact the you didn't prep for a merg you could have claimed the rewards like alot of other players but you didn't look im full boss kzarka and dandy i dont need boss gear little more money would be nice i cant help the you didnt spend an hour of your time a few months back but i do love your salt

Im going to take a guess and say that everyone who did not participate in the shovel exploit was lazy as well.

if you see people preping for merg that was coming and exploit then you just cant be helped people did this the same reason i did just in case they merged hey you could get some money sucks you didn't spend an hour like alot of other people did

Edited by Aldrin

Posted

in the time you spent defending the fact the you didn't prep for a merg you could have claimed the rewards like alot of other players but you didn't look im full boss kzarka and dandy i dont need boss gear little more money would be nice i cant help the you didnt spend an hour of your time a few months back but i do love your salt

The entitlement is so strong in this thread.  Interesting theory on how time works, but no over the last day I could not get 8 months worth of loyalty and event rewards on additional characters.  Good for you with all that boss gear, congrats.

Posted (edited)

Imagine those players who have all kind of rewards from 3 servers and they get all in 1 server, if this will happen many players will quit, it's ok that half of the players got Red Nose Armor, but this kind of advantage is far superiour then having 1 boss armor piece, just don't transfer items from side servers! (For those who did that and want an unfair advantage, well liek shoveling exploit, disgusting).

NO NO,For those players it's fair just because they knew it !!!!

It's fair,they call us lazy because they logged 2 Minutes everyday !!!! (yeah,i'm so lazy and i got all my boss gears[4] grinding and buying).

Players are always selfish

Edited by Hissis

Posted

if you see people preping for merg that was coming and exploit then you just cant be helped people did this the same reason i did just in case they merged hey you could get some money sucks you didn't spend an hour like alot of other people did

First off coherent messages please, the first half of your sentence is severely fragmented in thought. Secondly the reason you did this and the reason the shovel exploiters did it was the same. YOU BOTH SAW AN OPPORTUNITY IN A SPECIFIC TIME FRAME TO EXPLOIT. Shovel exploiters knew the exact patch that it would occur, likewise you knew how the merge could impact your earnings. The only real difference is how the company responded, they cracked down on one and are blatantly refusing to prevent abuse of the other. Your  "preparation" is just another cat out of the bag exploit that you somehow managed not to be foiled on upon discovery. Not an exploit is what a lot of people who defend this say. When you intentionally take advantage of something in a way it wasn't indeed or maliciously misuse for the sole purpose of personal gain you are exploiting. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey! You should stick around. I find your poorly thought out rambling highly entertaining!

Posted (edited)

The entitlement is so strong in this thread.  Interesting theory on how time works, but no over the last day I could not get 8 months worth of loyalty and event rewards on additional characters.  Good for you with all that boss gear, congrats.

rofl like i logged on it everyday guess you guys are going to make it look like the in your head as if you were cheated out of something nothing stopped you from doing it a few months back they said there were going to reward new player's when they join the game sounds nice so i spend 30 minutes made 2 new toons claimed them then they did the boss gear event right so every morning i log to the other server after reset claim the item's then log back to main server 3-5 minutes tops you think everyone has been logging in every day since the start tell yourself what ever you need to i guess,  look others preped and you didn't you people go on about other feeling "ENTITLED" well your not entitled to drag others down because you didn't do something they did

First off coherent messages please, the first half of your sentence is severely fragmented in thought. Secondly the reason you did this and the reason the shovel exploiters did it was the same. YOU BOTH SAW AN OPPORTUNITY IN A SPECIFIC TIME FRAME TO EXPLOIT. Shovel exploiters knew the exact patch that it would occur, likewise you knew how the merge could impact your earnings. The only real difference is how the company responded, they cracked down on one and are blatantly refusing to prevent abuse of the other. Your  "preparation" is just another cat out of the bag exploit that you somehow managed not to be foiled on upon discovery. Not an exploit is what a lot of people who defend this say. When you intentionally take advantage of something in a way it wasn't indeed or maliciously misuse for the sole purpose of personal gain you are exploiting. 

thats why at this time its not regarded as an exploit your just -----ing about it to make it so also wake the hell up,  kr is 1 server ru is 1 server me and alot of other people did this just in case if happened no one stoped you from doing it no one and now look turn's out the people who preped were right and now you have to brand them as exploiter's becasue they get money they preped for rofl

Edited by Aldrin