• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

@GM_Dew What happens to the items that are being transported from one warehouse to another?

Should we complete the transports before the merge or it isn't necessary if we use the Transport system only in one server?

i would complete this stuff about a week ahead of time honestly

Posted

@GM_Dew What happens to the items that are being transported from one warehouse to another?

Should we complete the transports before the merge or it isn't necessary if we use the Transport system only in one server?

Excellent question!  I eagerly await a response to this since we need to make sure no workers are out, it would stand to reason that we should not be transporting items either, but that reasoning could be wrong.

Posted (edited)

newworld01.png

Totally relevant question: Why is this "New World" picture so empty? Shouldn't it be filled with players from three servers with garishly dyed costumes?

Can someone with MS Paint properly populate this picture for us? This isn't illustrative at all!

Edited by Sunless
1 person likes this

Posted

We do not have such a time table. We try to update you all as soon as possible whenever we come to a conclusion or when we have more information to share.

However, I can tell you that such things will most likely not be posted on a weekend, as our main staff works normal office hours on weekdays, and thus it's hard to discuss important matters without the presence of our office staff.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Hello GM_Dew, I sincerely hope you guys do the right thing in this situation. I, and many others like me, don't think its fair that people should profit simply by betting on your inaction on the matter. A player shouldnt get rewarded for betting on that. I understand that forcing players to choose a main server could lead to issues for Customer Service, so I understand why you may choose not to do anything, but doing nothing is very disheartening to players like me who chose not to participate in the attendance reward collection simply out of the hope that you guys would do something to correct such an obviously unfair mechanic. If we were talking about 10 million silver or something, that would be fine, but its much, much more than that. Please, do something about this. I hope you read this. Thanks. 

3 people like this

Posted

I haven't seen this asked or answered anywhere so... Are there any changes being made to the House Ranking system? We need a rank 1 home now to be able to use investment nodes, etc. The population is going to triple in size (even more for those on the less populated servers). I see the title rewards will be increased to the first 300. Will this be done in the same way so we would need a top 3 home to use these? Or top 5 maybe? It seems like this would be the way to go to at least allow the same number of players to access the same content. @GM_Dew

Posted (edited)

I for one will be pissed if I don't get my rewards from edan. I have a 56 on edan and 2 58's on UNO. I shouldn't be punished just because other players didn't do something that I did. I took the effort and played on two servers, why should I be punished when I spent that effort for the gain.

I dont have any saved up rewards on orwen

Edited by Catclaw
2 people like this

Posted

Hello GM_Dew, I sincerely hope you guys do the right thing in this situation. I, and many others like me, don't think its fair that people should profit simply by betting on your inaction on the matter. A player shouldnt get rewarded for betting on that. I understand that forcing players to choose a main server could lead to issues for Customer Service, so I understand why you may choose not to do anything, but doing nothing is very disheartening to players like me who chose not to participate in the attendance reward collection simply out of the hope that you guys would do something to correct such an obviously unfair mechanic. If we were talking about 10 million silver or something, that would be fine, but its much, much more than that. Please, do something about this. I hope you read this. Thanks. 

hmmmm No one is betting on anyone's inaction. What you ask for would be immoral, unethic and probably illegal. apart from expensive, useless and put a strain on people who already have their hands full with making this huge migration happen with as little problem as possible. And there will be problems. hopefully dealt with in time. probably not. So yep, IT WON'T HAPPEN and ... there is  not enough time left to pamper the butthurt whiners whose conception of unfair is something good that happens to OTHER PEOPLE. Some of us thought that way and learned differently around 3 years old. Obviously you and other kids here need some work. Glad I am not your parent.

PS : if you keep trolling at least be creative so we can be amused and not just bored.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So wait, the lazy people that did not want to log on other servers to get the rewards are crying on forums because they wont get them and they're trying to get the people that actually worked for it and logged on other servers to not get anything?  Please roflmao, if that's not a case of selfish kid crying out loud because someone else got more toys than he does...

Actually those kind of behavior is what will make me quit the game, the toxic jealous community, "Hey guys i was too lazy to log on other servers so why should anyone else get stuff if i don't?"

Edited by Bouba
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's a "Gray-Zone" to get all the Items. I personally think it's unfair. Just cause People speculated into the fact of a Merge with all Items, it doesn't automatically justify the 3x Event Rewards. So why no make a Package and give everyone everything 3x? So everyone got everything! But let me guess the People who "prepared" are gonna think this is unfair then eh? So now take the Spot of the unprepared.

So wait, the lazy people that did not want to log on other servers to get the rewards are crying on forums because they wont get them and they're trying to get the people that actually worked for it and logged on other servers to not get anything?  Please roflmao, if that's not a case of selfish kid crying out loud because someone else got more toys than he does...

Actually those kind of behavior is what will make me quit the game, the toxic jealous community, "Hey guys i was too lazy to log on other servers so why should anyone else get stuff if i don't?"

cant tell if troll or not but i still answer:

Why should you log onto other Servers WITHOUT in mind to kinda abuse the fact that 3 Servers was an mistake from the very beginning? This has nothing to do with either jealousy or laziness its just the fact People thought in advance  of ways to stay above the others without doing much. There if the rotten core not the People who are against it. 

So lemme ask you: Are you fine if all People just get a Package from Kakao with everything 2x extra?

Edited by Jergens
rephrase
2 people like this

Posted

I for one will be pissed if I don't get my rewards from edan. I have a 56 on edan and 2 58's on UNO. I shouldn't be punished just because other players didn't do something that I did. I took the effort and played on two servers, why should I be punished when I spent that effort for the gain.

I dont have any saved up rewards on orwen

In most mmo when servers are merged you are forced to pick one of your characters... They not fuse them into one and ppl dont complain about it, they still play that games... Here actually players are kind enough to propose for players like you to split characters into two  accounts and that way you will get one account for free without paying anything... You will loose nothing then, your two 58 will stay on one account and one 56 on second account... If you didnt abuse system on purpose then you should be grateful for that propose and take it...

Posted

I haven't seen this asked or answered anywhere so... Are there any changes being made to the House Ranking system? We need a rank 1 home now to be able to use investment nodes, etc. The population is going to triple in size (even more for those on the less populated servers). I see the title rewards will be increased to the first 300. Will this be done in the same way so we would need a top 3 home to use these? Or top 5 maybe? It seems like this would be the way to go to at least allow the same number of players to access the same content. @GM_Dew

That's a really good question. It's hard enough competing with the houses of characters that may not even play anymore. It'll be way too hard vs triple the population.

Posted

It is really unfair to the players that didn't know that server merge would happen. People that knew got 3x boss gear 3x rednose all the daily login rewards just by logging in 30 seconds into a different server. If you going to merge tell us at least before all the events started. People without these accounts should be compensated if the merging of warehouses is true or not do this at all and I would go as far to say this is an exploit.

Posted (edited)

In most mmo when servers are merged you are forced to pick one of your characters... They not fuse them into one and ppl dont complain about it, they still play that games... Here actually players are kind enough to propose for players like you to split characters into two  accounts and that way you will get one account for free without paying anything... You will loose nothing then, your two 58 will stay on one account and one 56 on second account... If you didnt abuse system on purpose then you should be grateful for that propose and take it...

You are right we should be grateful that the GM has already stated your proposal will not happen. Once again another invalid argument from someone who didn't play on all 3 servers and kept a closed mind to only play on one. And no in MMO's when servers merge they merge all of your characters that are on one server to the other. They have done this from Everquest till now. No one abused anything. Most of us used the cash to buy gear and play on those servers, Because you had a closed mind of only playing on one and not meeting the rest of the population in the NA region then we should not be punished for your mistake. Cry elsewhere.

Edited by Mannaroth

Posted

Main Server will taken to the new World, everything else gets deleted, pealrs will be refunded. This way 90% of the Playerbase will stay happy and 10% of "merge abuser" will get rekt, mhhh I would love that!!

Posted

Keep crying kids, nothing will change.

Posted

Main Server will taken to the new World, everything else gets deleted, pealrs will be refunded. This way 90% of the Playerbase will stay happy and 10% of "merge abuser" will get rekt, mhhh I would love that!!

And where are your numbers to show this 90% to 10% ratio? Another fail troll. Next thread please.

Posted

I'm not sure what the big deal is over players getting their event items merged into one server. These players have put in the time and effort to earn those items legitimately, just as any other player could have potentially done. Plus, if you've played an MMO before, you know mergers are inevitable. It's not as though this was a total surprise and required clairvoyance to predict.

It's also a logistical nightmare. You now have to sift through all of the items obtained via event and action them. Even then, a player could sell them before the merger. You'd then have to remove the silver earned through the sale. At that point, you would just better off deleting characters not on the player's main server, deleting earned progress.

Really, what this comes down to is people upset that other players have more time on their hands to devote to the game. If a "no lifer" earns something through legitimate means, they shouldn't be punished for it. 

Posted (edited)

One thing to say to you cry babies, since you don't do research in this game hence the server merge, if you have spent this time in doing one instead of crying here, you could make more silver than the merge itself, i make 100 mills per day while active on my main server and that is way more than the ~200 mills made in other servers by players and this is why i keep getting messages from randoms in game "How do you make your silver" all the time cuz you are lazy kids want others to do your shit like streamers or GMs, or asking others,smh.

Edited by SillySin

Posted

You are right we should be grateful that the GM has already stated your proposal will not happen. Once again another invalid argument from someone who didn't play on all 3 servers and kept a closed mind to only play on one. And no in MMO's when servers merge they merge all of your characters that are on one server to the other. They have done this from Everquest till now. No one abused anything. Most of us used the cash to buy gear and play on those servers, Because you had a closed mind of only playing on one and not meeting the rest of the population in the NA region then we should not be punished for your mistake. Cry elsewhere.

You said that they merge chars into one in all mmo, but you give only one example? I can give you 10 or more examples where they did not merge them and force players to choose only one char- what it will prove? 

Closed mind? I knew about server merge before you even started playing here, i observe this game since first trailer in 2008... I willingly decided to not abuse system in this way, cause i not need to... I not care myself about few hundreds millions worth of items you and your friends will get from it, cause for me its pocket change... But i care about whole game and how it can affect it... How bad it will be for economy, how bad it will be for server balance and how bad it will be for future of this game... Have you ever though how whales will react to all of this? Its like Daum spitting into their face: "thx for paying thousands of dollars for some p2w silver, now we are going to give other "smart" players a lot more for free!!" But who cares that some whales will stop throwing their money into game, right? Until you will see some REAL P2W in game soon to make them throw money into game again...

Posted

No players really played on multiple servers. The only people who are benefiting from this is people abusing the system. No, it's not an exploit, but it is also clearly not the intended use of the system for existing players to collect 'new and returning players' bundles. Also clearly not the intended use of the system for catchup mechanics like the boss armor boxes to be merged.

These are there to help catch newer players up, not give existing players an even bigger leg-up on the competition. On KR they hadn't had these "heres a bunch of free money" events when they merged banks. Also on KR they didn't have this precedent so very few people would have been able to abuse it, and the rewards were much less. They pretty just got a bunch of extra loyalty if you knew about it in advance. Thats ok, I can deal with that even though I'd prefer it not to happen.

Also you say people knew about it and everyone had the same chance.  This was never stated clearly, and you all even denied server merges in official communications for months.  Also, remember official communications about no P2W and how clear that was?  Or your official communications about preorder and early access?  The point is the communication in the past hasn't been great.  If this was really intended when you announced loyalty events you should have said, "dont forget to logon with a character on every server to get your full rewards!"

For the record, I knew about this a long time ago, I just assumed Kakao would make some sort of rational decision and not merge banks. Clearly I was mistaken. You have a game entirely centered around making one server/account as strong as possible. The legitimate players playing on more than one server (probably a few hundred at most) can be handled on a case by case basis.

2 people like this

Posted

Also you say people knew about it and everyone had the same chance.  This was never stated clearly, and you all even denied server merges in official communications for months. 

By this logic, players playing on multiple servers had no way of knowing that servers would be merged either. They couldn't be held accountable for something they didn't know was going to happen.

Posted

Items and silver from non-primary servers shouldn't be merged.  The disparity this would create is absolutely incredible, and seems mind boggling that it's even considered. 

2 people like this

Posted

By this logic, players playing on multiple servers had no way of knowing that servers would be merged either. They couldn't be held accountable for something they didn't know was going to happen.

And noone blame them for abusing the system!! But that not means they should get 3x rewards when everyone else got 1x!!

Posted

What happens to everything in my characters inventory slots? Do I need to move everything to a warehouse to keep my item s?

Posted

And noone blame them for abusing the system!! But that not means they should get 3x rewards when everyone else got 1x!!

The opportunity was available to everyone. Some players decided to invest their time into getting those rewards. Others didn't or were not aware of the opportunity. 

You don't punish the opportunist just because others didn't partake in the opportunity.