• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm going to keep an open mind about this change, But there isn't anything in it for a casual like me, and it does worry me about what this will really mean for casual players. I guess if there are enough channels it might not make any difference, while giving the node wars a long called for boost. But I was expecting and desiring this as much as I longed for President Trump.

3 people like this

Posted

I expected server merges but this is wayyyyy tooo early. At least release all awakenings and valencia part 3 as to finish off 2016 with a bang, THEN server merge before releasing the snow-land content of 2017...

This is such too sudden.

Posted

well, interestingly enough, this is how the game was originally structured so it may in fact end up helping. 

edit: also, 36 channels provides the opportunity for u to find low pop channel - low pop usually = smoother

so that's nice too~

good overall !

If it does help with connectivity... Then I am in fact in total favour of this move after all.

Posted

Well if a channel is crowded or not can be pretty random.

Sure there will be probably about 5 Mainchannels then i guess

But searching a free spot with a 15min channelswitch cooldown? funtimes ( i mean that actually doesnt change from right now )

If they want channles to be more crowded they have to reduce the number of them. But that would be also make grinding spots a mess

1 person likes this

Posted

if u srsly go and merg reward items to one char... i'm sooo done lol

Posted

@CM_Praballo

What do you think about NEW server?

After 9 months of Desync do you think is time? like a gift for christmas?

Posted (edited)

this will be bad.

Edited by Nimre
1 person likes this

Posted

Dont merge the items with this server merge idea, it will make a unfair advantage for the people that havent picked up the items on the other channels.

9 people like this

Posted

14. What happens if a player ends up with too many characters after the merge?

If a player has more than 12 characters, characters are sorted from the highest level to the lowest level. The information for all characters is kept. However only the first 12 characters with the highest level are playable. If you delete one of the 12, the next highest level character in line will show up on the list. The characters not in the top 12 can only be deleted, and they will be automatically deleted after 90 days. All characters created before the merge will have a 10 minute delete confirmation time.

So does this mean you just get free character slots, where other players payed before to get to 9 slots for example?

2 people like this

Posted

If it does help with connectivity... Then I am in fact in total favour of this move after all.

think of it this way: when you log back in after a maint there is lower number of people on channels, this directly related to smoother experience from what i've noticed. prob feels that way for everyone. if u can find low pop chans should be the same sort of thing

Posted

What will happen to loyalty points accumulated across the servers? I assume merge?

Posted

@CM_Praballo

So, people who didn't abuse this are getting a disadvantage, right? If I had characters in one server only, I'm going to be a fool who doesn't have every free reward merged. 

Also, what are you doing with race horse channels? Are you going to keep them in Velia 1 and 2 or are you going to expand that?

9 people like this

Posted

What about unclaimed rewards? I don't bother claiming rewards unless I want to use the items from them so I don't need to waste space on them. Will these be merged?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Dont merge the items with this server merge idea, it will make a unfair advantage for the people that havent picked up the items on the other channels.

What is next, new players saying: "Take all characters to level 1, is unfair for all new players, and wipe everyone's gear." -----ing L'Oreal, you don't deserve anything snowflake.

You knew about this time ago you decided not to do it, it was a gamble, you lost, deal with it and GFO.

More tears please, are yummy.

Edited by crosspath
2 people like this

Posted

Loyal points (weight + spaces + artisan memory)

Event stuff (x2 boss armor + x3 pets + gold ingots + hard/shard crystals)

Leveling stuff (gold ingots for leveling up to... 55? 56? + Blackstones +shard/hard crystals, 4 hours work) --> the only reachable stuff right now

Contribution exp (really guys, WTF)

And this was a way knowed by people which was waiting for the merge, this is not new.

You f**ed my game experience. I am really sad with this move.

@CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo

15 people like this

Posted

Merge? Yay Finally!  

But  this part pissing me off.

3. What will happen to players with warehouses across multiple servers?

All warehouses will be merged based on region. Even if the total number of items a player keeps in storage exceeds 192 slots (which is the maximum capacity), each of the items that exceed the limit will be merged into the same Town's Warehouse. The items will show up in order of the time they were stored; the newest one first, and the oldest one last. As items are taken out of the warehouse, any items in the overflow slots will move into normal accessible slots.

You will not be able to put more items in your warehouse if it already has all available slots filled.

If you have expanded your warehouse on multiple servers and the combined slots would exceed 192 slots for a specific warehouse, you will be refunded the exact amount of pearls spent for those slots.

1 person likes this

Posted

What happens to worker's lodging coupons? Do those merge or do they get refunded for every one you have over 3?

Posted

Point 3. Lolno

Get out, you're merging the warehouses of the kids that abused the events to get multiple boss gear pieces across servers and now merge it so they have it all on the same and have massive advantage over others.

Literally get out that's retarded.

Why?

When you play the game, you can login to 3 different servers in your region. You can make characters there and play them - thus taking time away from playing your main characters on your main server.

There's no exploit, no abuse, the KR merger was handled the same way so people could expect it happening here too.

So when you are now butthurt you didn't follow the same strategy - simply playing the game - you actually just come out sounding stupid.

2 people like this

Posted

GLORIOUS

Posted

The decission to blindly merge all the items in warehouses accross the servers without checking the hours / server played and logging frequency is plain stupidity.

Players exploited the attendance reward on all 3 servers and now on the server merge the economy and player power will be unbalanced even more with easy gains.

1 person likes this

Posted

Everyone has been waiting for the server merge and now with one decision you managed to ruin it. Letting people keep the attendance rewards from all servers is just pure stupidity in a competitive game like this and gives some people an unfair advantage. Just reconsider.

Posted

How does it work when it comes to character names?

is there a chance of loosing your name.

Posted

You got to love all those salty jealous lazy idiots that prolly knew they could make characters on different server and benefit from the different rewards it had to offer, but since they did not do it and realise now that it was a mistake not doing it, are getting super salty and calls out exploit everywhere...

Jelly much?

4 people like this

Posted

I have some question:

- What abount unclaimed reward?

- what about boss gear from attendence reward from 3 different server?

- why jordine is the only server down?

and this :

Loyal points (weight + spaces + artisan memory)

Event stuff (x2 boss armor + x3 pets + gold ingots + hard/shard crystals)

Leveling stuff (gold ingots for leveling up to... 55? 56? + Blackstones +shard/hard crystals, 4 hours work) --> the only reachable stuff right now

Contribution exp (really guys, WTF)

And this was a way knowed by people which was waiting for the merge, this is not new.

You f**ed my game experience. I am really sad with this move.

Think better about this....

Posted

14. What happens if a player ends up with too many characters after the merge?

If a player has more than 12 characters, characters are sorted from the highest level to the lowest level. The information for all characters is kept. However only the first 12 characters with the highest level are playable. If you delete one of the 12, the next highest level character in line will show up on the list. The characters not in the top 12 can only be deleted, and they will be automatically deleted after 90 days. All characters created before the merge will have a 10 minute delete confirmation time.

So does this mean you just get free character slots, where other players payed before to get to 9 slots for example?

I'm thinking this example is for someone with twelve slots on one of the servers. Of you have only got six slots now, I don't think they will give more slots but rather they will only shows six at a time. I haven't purchased any extra slots, and am not expecting any without hitting then. But if I had bought 12 slots for one server, and even one extra shot on another.... boy would I be PISSED.

But I might be wrong, and I'm gonna roll silver chargers on other servers now just in case.

1 person likes this