• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

OMG ppl crying on this WOOW what a fked community in this game. I only played in Edan only got reward from Edan now I hear about the merge am regretting that I didn't login to the other servers... REGRETTING that's it its my fkin fault I wish I did login but I didn't crying about it is WTF get a fkin life for God sake 

And what reward ppl are crying about. 9$ pet a box of boss armor 95m silver and glasses srsly. Or they crying about all the reward since the game start lol 

Edited by Ashir
2 people like this

Posted

My thoughts on the subject:

- This should never have been possible in the first place, I feel disappointed because I thought this "exploiting" was so obvious that there would be something done about it.

- The amount of people that do play on multiple servers are probably small enough that they can be handled manually? 

- This act insinuates laziness... Feels like the discussion revolving the topic went like this: "Just merge it, they'll swallow it" 

So this begs the question: Should people start looking to exploit everything they can in this game, just to prevent them being the bum that missed out on those juicy gains? 

This situation is a grey area that should have been dealt with already. 

Just going to refer to the GM here so they can skim through the 'you're all crybabies'-posts. @GM_Dew

2 people like this

Posted

The opportunity was available to everyone. Some players decided to invest their time into getting those rewards. Others didn't or were not aware of the opportunity. 

You don't punish the opportunist just because others didn't partake in the opportunity. 

How its punishment? You were doing it knowing that there is chance that in the end you will get nothing for abusing the system... If Daum will decide to not give you 3xrewards in the end then you have nothing to complain about...

Posted

What will happen with double guild names?

For example:

Croxus has a guild named "Crucible", but Jordine also has a guild named "Crucible".

Will it become "Crucible_1" and "Crucible_2"? Will they be merged? Please add this to the FAQ :)

If you read the FAQ you would know that this is impossible.

Posted

@GM_Dew
I've put time researching about this before investing more time in actually logging every single day to get the rewards. EVERYONE had the same chance in terms of doing this but only select few took that chance. People have been making post about possible server merge and has told others that people should be getting rewards on other servers. They didn't take that chance and is now complaining?? Its unfair for those people who spent time logging in every single day to get the rewards.It's even more unfair for those people who reached lv55 to get even more reward

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited by TheScorpionGR

Posted

I think that is is NOT fair to the people who wanted to play the game in a "normal" manner, to let the people who spent 10mins-5 hours AFK on a different server from their main server to have upwards of an extra 1-2 billion silver, while those of us who would have rather played the game in a manner that didn't rely on the chance of servers merging to get ahead are now a SIGNIFIGANT amount of silver compared to those who played the game in an unconventional and somewhat exploitative manner to get ahead.

If the "Shovel Exploiters" got banned for exploiting the least we could do for the multi attendance people is make them choose one servers worth of loot.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't let the whiners ruin the game for the rest of us, I've played (PLAYED, not just loginrewards) on multiple servers - why should I lose my stuff after merge, just because of crybabies?

Posted (edited)

@GM_Dew
I've put time researching about this before investing more time in actually logging every single day to get the rewards. EVERYONE had the same chance in terms of doing this but only select few took that chance. People have been making post about possible server merge and has told others that people should be getting rewards on other servers. They didn't take that chance and is now complaining?? Its unfair for those people who spent time logging in every single day to get the rewards.It's even more unfair for those people who reached lv55 to get even more reward

This is so true, and applies to so many of us. People who "didnt know" actually didnt care because they thought a merger would never happen. So to those people, i say this:
x4wAvxY.jpg

Edited by TheScorpionGR
2 people like this

Posted

OMFG FINALLY!!!!! I was waiting for this so long im so happy :D:D:D!! I even was willing to pay money to change servers so i can play with friends on an other server and wont get stuck on "PVE Alustin".

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Did nobody else remember posts like this?
 https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5axabg/psa_dailies_across_multiple_servers_allowed/

This is the only example I found after hours of looking, and searching through the forums is too much. (Old posts might have been removed or something?) I am sorry for being vague because I see the posts in my History when I go far back, but I get a message that says

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: ________

Where people sent in tickets, asked if the servers planned to merge and what would happen to the event stuff. And we got responses similar to what this person had? And some go even longer back than 8 days ago. Even months ago, so I thought there was no point at all even I thought about doing it a long time ago. Especially when they might be removed or something if the servers ever do merge. So what I understand is that I read lies made by GM's responding to tickets. And lying is a huge problem to me. I don't think it can be a "mistake" or anything.

I'm not too upset about it, and I don't care if we get the server merge and end up with a lot of boss clothes and stuff for people to buy, but the bigger issue for me is how much money is going to be thrown into the game when people who did take advantage of it regardless of what GM's said will now be a billion silvers or more richer without working hard or anything for it. Logging in to claim a reward from an Attendance event does not take any effort or work. While a lot of us worked very hard many many hours to get a small amount of silvers to buy what we need. Now you will have people who may or may not have already been rich, getting even richer without even trying. If it was bound, I wouldn't care too much at all. Just the selling part is bad.

I won't be quitting over it so I am not overreacting or anything. I really love the idea of the server merge and how many people will now have war with each other. Just what is going to happen to the whole marketplace system with so much money going into it? I don't want prices to increase and especially not by 5 times what it is right now. If that happened, I don't think I would be able to keep up if now for example, if I need to spend a week to get 100 million (like Ogre ring or something around that price) to get something I need, I am fine, but if that same thing now takes me a month to get 600 million, I would be very tired of playing.

Edited by Cream and Cookies
To add why I can't find things.

Posted

You said that they merge chars into one in all mmo, but you give only one example? I can give you 10 or more examples where they did not merge them and force players to choose only one char- what it will prove? 

Closed mind? I knew about server merge before you even started playing here, i observe this game since first trailer in 2008... I willingly decided to not abuse system in this way, cause i not need to... I not care myself about few hundreds millions worth of items you and your friends will get from it, cause for me its pocket change... But i care about whole game and how it can affect it... How bad it will be for economy, how bad it will be for server balance and how bad it will be for future of this game... Have you ever though how whales will react to all of this? Its like Daum spitting into their face: "thx for paying thousands of dollars for some p2w silver, now we are going to give other "smart" players a lot more for free!!" But who cares that some whales will stop throwing their money into game, right? Until you will see some REAL P2W in game soon to make them throw money into game again...

Still they have already stated what's gonna happen. If you guys are that upset leave. we won't stop you. truth be known you won't even be missed. No big deal to me except for the fact that if you were on the other end of the equation you would complain that it isn't fair to lose your stuff. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Just throwing a post up on here. I am not in support of the attendance rewards being merged. Would really appreciate it not going through as currently intended :D.

1 person likes this

Posted

One thing to say to you cry babies, since you don't do research in this game hence the server merge, if you have spent this time in doing one instead of crying here, you could make more silver than the merge itself, i make 100 mills per day while active on my main server and that is way more than the ~200 mills made in other servers by players and this is why i keep getting messages from randoms in game "How do you make your silver" all the time cuz you are lazy kids want others to do your shit like streamers or GMs, or asking others,smh.

Its funny how people call others lazy and cry babies i believe you do make 100 mills a day everyday because you probably play 10+ hours every day! Have no job! wake up play a video game all day/night then call others lazy

You assume we all lazy kids...well I assume you have no job no life and play video game all day long

I think you should start sending out "how do I make money in real life" messages

Don't be a cry baby at home all day get a job

Don't be lazy get a job

Dude lol

Posted

If you really want to see something funny go back and count how many people are fighting against this as to how many are defending and then how many just don't care. You will find that alot more people think you guys are whining because you didn't get rewards, and most of the others care about character slots and guild names. And a few of you great multiposters are inflating the forum post when there is about 27 of you at best.....I'm pretty sure 27 Different people cannot speak for a majority of this game. @GM_Dew  Thank you for taking in the input to this subject as you can note how many did not do this and are still not wanting you guys to change your minds. I really don't believe we have a game with a population that allows 27 people to speak for the majority.

Besides. Let me explain what happens if you guys get your way. Account gets divided to server. so account 1 then goes and pre-orders an item on the market place. Now as you have enabled this with your complaining account 2 goes and sells said item. then account one places several items up that will equal what was spent. Money is now on account 1. Account 2 throws items bought in market place up for sale making more silver. Then account 1 places another pre-order account 3 then sells that item. Rinse and repeat about money. Places stuff up for sale for more silver. In the meanwhile account 1 post more items up for accounts 2 and 3 to buy placing the items and the money on account one. So we have to spend a little extra time and effort (Which we obviously do not mind or you wouldn't be upset) to get the items and the silver all in one place again and we have still gained and you have still not accomplished anything. :) I certainly hope this clears that issue up for you guys as well. BTW we think of these things because we are smart enough to know how to accomplish goals without exploiting anything. I bet when you started crying about all of this you didn't think of this either did you? Once again smarter people get ahead of the less intelligent because we have succeeded in the real world already. Hope you learned something today children. Kinda makes you think of having those hopes and dreams smashed because the other accounts are your ideas. And its not the same ip if you use different computers with individual routers so don't think about trying to make that a consequence either. Now go back to exploiting your mem fragments and your imperial trade vendors and tell us again how that was not an unfair advantage.

Posted

If you really want to see something funny go back and count how many people are fighting against this as to how many are defending and then how many just don't care. You will find that alot more people think you guys are whining because you didn't get rewards, and most of the others care about character slots and guild names. And a few of you great multiposters are inflating the forum post when there is about 27 of you at best.....I'm pretty sure 27 Different people cannot speak for a majority of this game. @GM_Dew  Thank you for taking in the input to this subject as you can note how many did not do this and are still not wanting you guys to change your minds. I really don't believe we have a game with a population that allows 27 people to speak for the majority.

Pretty sure your wrong since this isn't the only thread and this form isn't all of the community there also polls that show at least 164 people against it compared to 90 are for item merging. Plus looking at in game chat, all of the people I talked to,and reddit a majority are against item merging.

Posted

Pretty sure your wrong since this isn't the only thread and this form isn't all of the community there also polls that show at least 164 people against it compared to 90 are for item merging. Plus looking at in game chat, all of the people I talked to,and reddit a majority are against item merging.

It still won't matter we will be able to get the items and money on the account anyway and these white knights and cry babies are gonna enable people to be able to do it. Plus any other event that comes out all 3 accounts will be able to earn the rewards and do the same thing. What have people accomplished? Taking more of my time? A little extra time doesn't bother the people that have multiple characters because we played them all anyway.

Posted (edited)

You realy cry for the more balance Pvp with the flow of boss stuff/Guild?

More money are not warranty of success enchancement. RNG is Law.

WTF guys if you cannot play 5 hours/day   just remove on your fking mind any competitive think.

BDO Pvp aspect is not for Casual-slave worker.

Stop play BDO right now. Leave please... You have no business here.

giphy.gif

Or you can do gathering and selling your Hard/shard on marketplace <3 You help more all competitive player with this that this stupid merge reward <3

Edited by Catastigma
1 person likes this

Posted

@GM_Dew

Thanks for taking the time to comment in this topic.

As someone who plays between two servers casually as my friends are divided up, I would be pretty disappointed if any login items on either server/world  were to be taken away from me. I understand that there may be a few people whom utilized this change to their advantage through keeping up with KR however, this also serves to undermine other players whom legitimately put time into multiple servers. They key points I would say to look at are the following;

- Was this an exploit?
While I don't feel this was an exploit, it's not for me to decide. I recall someone on reddit a few months ago submitting a ticket, and receiving a response from a support agent stating that logging in on separate worlds to collect the login rewards in the event of a server merge was NOT considered an exploit. Unlike the whole shoveling issue (which was a serious exploit), this appears to be foresight more than anything. (If asked, I'll see if I can dig up the thread/screenshot)

- What are the possible repercussions for moving forward with the initial plan of merging items?
A few people feel cheated out of something. No further action is required on your parts to determine solutions to the problem. Furthermore, this will likely be the only occurrence of this issue seeing that this whole update surrounds merging servers.

- What are the possible repercussions for NOT moving forward with the initial plan of merging items, and reiterating a one login per service account retroactively?
This, I feel, is the worst case scenario, and will cause the most issues whether people are involved or not. This whole occurrence is NOT about giving new items to account holders but rather, MERGING SERVERS. The task at hand is to reiterated a single server with 36 servers, and that alone is a massive undertaking in itself. Additionally, this would require additional work to go through accounts and determine who legitimately plays on multiple servers, and who simply did it for the login. Additionally, you'll leave a few players feeling cheated if they happen to fall in the category of playing on multiple worlds.

Essentially, everyone here purchased the game, and everyone here has put in the time. The fact is, there are certainly going to be people who will get the raw end of the deal, it's inevitable. My bias is to simply allow the merge as planned as I'm directly affected, however, my major concern is the fact that the extra work required during a time when all hands should be focused on a successful server merger, with as few hiccups as possible. If anything, this issue should be dealt with after the fact, however, I have faith that the right decision will be made.

Best of luck deciding!

Posted (edited)

You highlighting your words won't make it less idiotic, logging takes only 30 secs per server and i make 100 mills silver only by doing afk life skills not even grinding idiot lel, now keep crying nothing will change, just entertain us you monkey.

Edited by SillySin

Posted

I think that is is NOT fair to the people who wanted to play the game in a "normal" manner, to let the people who spent 10mins-5 hours AFK on a different server from their main server to have upwards of an extra 1-2 billion silver, while those of us who would have rather played the game in a manner that didn't rely on the chance of servers merging to get ahead are now a SIGNIFIGANT amount of silver compared to those who played the game in an unconventional and somewhat exploitative manner to get ahead.

If the "Shovel Exploiters" got banned for exploiting the least we could do for the multi attendance people is make them choose one servers worth of loot.

Hi Ackward,

While I understand your frustration, I would like to point out that the Shovel Exploiting is considerably different from the current topic of discussion. Aside from the fact that a customer support commented on the subject of logging in on different worlds to receive the rewards, the shovel exploit is an actual exploit of the game mechanics/code, that people within a small circle exploited for months to gain a significant advantage. Comparing the two is like comparing a horse to a lemon. Additionally, you're assuming that people received the login rewards on different servers with the intent of planning for the merger (though there are a few people who are).

Ask yourself, would this still be an exploit if the server merge wasn't occurring?

1 person likes this

Posted

@GM_Dew

- What are the possible repercussions for moving forward with the initial plan of merging items?
A few people feel cheated out of something. No further action is required on your parts to determine solutions to the problem. Furthermore, this will likely be the only occurrence of this issue seeing that this whole update surrounds merging servers.

You seem to be forgetting a few important points here.

Person with multiple servers merge gets 4 extra penguin pets (these are only obtainable through rewards).

They also get a huge surplus of income from collecting other servers welfare. This will inflate the price of nearly everything as there will be a huge surplus of money coming into the economy. This will cause a huge disruption to many of the poorer people, who didn't think or didn't know to meta-game collect handouts from all the servers. 

Overall it will cause a lot more harm then good because you're going to be causing a huge disruption to the economy.

Hi Ackward,
While I understand your frustration, I would like to point out that the Shovel Exploiting is considerably different from the current topic of discussion. Aside from the fact that a customer support commented on the subject of logging in on different worlds to receive the rewards, the shovel exploit is an actual exploit of the game mechanics/code, that people within a small circle exploited for months to gain a significant advantage. Comparing the two is like comparing a horse to a lemon. Additionally, you're assuming that people received the login rewards on different servers with the intent of planning for the merger (though there are a few people who are).

Ask yourself, would this still be an exploit if the server merge wasn't occurring?

That's like saying would shovel exploiting not be an issue if you couldn't dig up hard/sharps. The main source of the issue is digging up sharp/hards for minimal to zero effort for big money gains.

The same can be said about welfare hand outs on other servers. You're not having an issue because you're not actually able to do anything with that income upon other servers. The moment the warehouses get combined you'll be then running into issues with what was happening with digging. People getting a huge advantage for skirting along the edges of the system and manipulating in game mechanics to their advantage.

Posted

What right do people who didn't play on other servers, have over those that did?Do y'all think that you are "Better than them" because you stuck to one main server while they played three for, whatever reason?

lol. 

Actually, if they played and such, that's a completely different subject. Like I've said before, if you play on more than 1, sure, keep everything you've earned. Nothing wrong with that. BUT I do not think getting "one time rewards" should be allowed 3 times in 1 server just because Kakao/Pearl Abyss decided to merge servers. If they merge them, let them keep 1 of the "claim 1" rewards (and ofc all the stuff they've actually played and earned. Not asking them to remove anything that they've played to get. Asking Kakao/PA to remove the rewards that was supposed to be a one time thing per server). 

Posted

You seem to be forgetting a few important points here.

Person with multiple servers merge gets 4 extra penguin pets (these are only obtainable through rewards).

They also get a huge surplus of income from collecting other servers welfare. This will inflate the price of nearly everything as there will be a huge surplus of money coming into the economy. This will cause a huge disruption to many of the poorer people, who didn't think or didn't know to meta-game collect handouts from all the servers. 

Overall it will cause a lot more harm then good because you're going to be causing a huge disruption to the economy.

The inflation will likely occur for some people coming from servers where items are generally cheaper as the items in question would be more abundant. The assumption that there will be an initial instability in the market is correct, however, the major inflation would certainly occur IF the items on the markets weren't being merged as well, and you were left with two of the servers playing into a third's economy. As the economy is managed server side (price caps), the impact will be minimal at best, and the likelihood of seeing 95 Million silver Grunil pieces is highly unlikely.

As far as the causing more harm than good, I'd argue that going through the paces to iterated and implement a new system in place to query through accounts to determine and wipe rewards on secondary worlds would do more harm than good. The fact is, the merge by itself is a major update, which is bound to have several bumps in the road. Additionally, how do you account for the people who legitimately play on multiple servers? Assuming they leveled their pets, will KaoKao be responsible for refunding the silver used to level the penguin via pet food? Will they remove any gear pieces/items purchased with golden daggers they received through the event? How exactly will they do this in a manner that is fair to all involved parties? By moving forward with this major change, KaoKao risks potentially marginalizing people who play on multiple servers, and will inevitably lead to more issues.

Posted

The inflation will likely occur for some people coming from servers where items are generally cheaper as the items in question would be more abundant. The assumption that there will be an initial instability in the market is correct, however, the major inflation would certainly occur IF the items on the markets weren't being merged as well, and you were left with two of the servers playing into a third's economy. As the economy is managed server side (price caps), the impact will be minimal at best, and the likelihood of seeing 95 Million silver Grunil pieces is highly unlikely.

As far as the causing more harm than good, I'd argue that going through the paces to iterated and implement a new system in place to query through accounts to determine and wipe rewards on secondary worlds would do more harm than good. The fact is, the merge by itself is a major update, which is bound to have several bumps in the road. Additionally, how do you account for the people who legitimately play on multiple servers? Assuming they leveled their pets, will KaoKao be responsible for refunding the silver used to level the penguin via pet food? Will they remove any gear pieces/items purchased with golden daggers they received through the event? How exactly will they do this in a manner that is fair to all involved parties? By moving forward with this major change, KaoKao risks potentially marginalizing people who play on multiple servers, and will inevitably lead to more issues.

I agree that there's a very small minority of people that actively played upon multiple servers. I'm sure the group of legit people playing upon multiple servers is so small that this could easily be handed upon a case by case basis with helpdesk.

The main crux of the problem here is that people are receiving 3x the 'one time' rewards that they're supposed to have obtained. This is clearly unintended use of game mechanics. I don't see the point in rewarding people for behaviour that kakao obviously was trying to avoid. Remember they attempted to implement a fix to prevent people from obtaining rewards upon multiple servers but it ended up being buggy so they trashed the idea.

1 person likes this