• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

You are talking like they did something wrong while they played by the rules. Read the original post they WILL BE MERGED. It was intended as such.

Branding people as cheaters just because they followed the rules, in a smarter way than you did, is just the mark of whiny kid.

What are you talking about? I said I don't want people who logged into multiple servers to feel cheated, so I think they should get to keep their stuff. I also don't want the game unbalanced for those who didn't bother, so separate accounts really sounds like a good compromise to me.

Do you really think that everyone didn't think about doing this? I just didn't care enough personally. Grinding is a more fun use of my time that playing server swapping games. YMMV of course. I'm generally here to have fun playing, not to insult people who have a different opinion,

Posted

O.K. Fine let's heal our community a bit with a proposal. How about since its gonna be a new world we just start over. Reset our pearls and and everything. Take all the items from all servers and let everyone just simply start over. This would be a viable solution since it would accomplish 3 things.

1.) Everyone will be back on a level playing field and no one would have an advantage.

2.) they wouldn't have to merge anything just take everything away and refund pearls.

3.) We could get rid of all the people yelling about an unfair advantage.

@CM_Praballo and @GM_Dew what do you guys think about this proposal? This way EVERYONE loses and NO ONE Gains and we can just start over? This will probably make the people crying over this happy and be less of a headache for you guys? 

Now before you quote me and tell me i sound absurd, think about how absurd it would be for kaokao to give away 2 free accounts to keep something as petty as item and warehouse merges from happening.

Then take the penguins away like they did the grey cats in KR lol

I am quoting you but I won't tell you are absurd. I'll let you be the judge of it. You see everything from the standpoint of equality among players NOT equity. think of that guy a few post before who leveled 3x 12 characters over 50.... now everyone who leveled even one character over 60 ... all that time wasted and lost for ... what ?

I won't say a thing. but you should be able to see for yourself.

I think you talked a little too fast without considering everything. This is not a MOBA. This is a game where people build their way of playing with time. time is a valuable resource. you can't just erase what they did. If you did that who would spend even one little minute the next day after the merge ?

Posted

Has there been a mention or update on any kind of refund/compensation for players who have to delete alts that have cash shop perks, outfits, etc... that are bound?

Posted (edited)

Wow all of this is absolutely ridiculous, the audacity of some people. Not only is it horrifying how much integrity you lack that you would even think about removing rewards from those who actually put out the effort to maintain three accounts. But now you are even trying to manipulate the devs into a "compromise" there is no compromise. You either are too new and did not put out the effort to get rewarded on other channels or you where too lazy to upkeep your three servers on your ONE account. Is everyone that bored that we have to do this song and dance?

for ccing purposes @CM_Praballo @GM_Dew

Edited by Olie
needed to cc Devs
2 people like this

Posted

I am quoting you but I won't tell you are absurd. I'll let you be the judge of it. You see everything from the standpoint of equality among players NOT equity. think of that guy a few post before who leveled 3x 12 characters over 50.... now everyone who leveled even one character over 60 ... all that time wasted and lost for ... what ?

I won't say a thing. but you should be able to see for yourself.

I think you talked a little too fast without considering everything. This is not a MOBA. This is a game where people build their way of playing with time. time is a valuable resource. you can't just erase what they did. If you did that who would spend even one little minute the next day after the merge ?

Actually you and i are on the same side in this. I was throwing this out there because this is all getting out of hand anyway. Remember when you are raising your children and they start acting entitled so you take their toys away? This was the suggestion. I have multiple characters as well across the 3 servers. I fish on one, i grind on one, and i do a mix of both on another. Just because people are upset about the fact we played on different servers and they didn't? I am listening to thread after thread wanting daum to GIVE AWAY accounts to satisfy them. My post was pure sarcasm but my point was if they want to act like things aren't fair then let's make it fair for them. In the end we both know how this turns out. Server merge on the 30th and they can either play or leave. Maybe we lose the damn penguin. that would be awesome

Posted

What are you talking about? I said I don't want people who logged into multiple servers to feel cheated, so I think they should get to keep their stuff. I also don't want the game unbalanced for those who didn't bother, so separate accounts really sounds like a good compromise to me.

Do you really think that everyone didn't think about doing this? I just didn't care enough personally. Grinding is a more fun use of my time that playing server swapping games. YMMV of course. I'm generally here to have fun playing, not to insult people who have a different opinion,

I was referring to that particular phrase of your : "Let them keep their accounts so those people aren't cheated, but don't merge them for an unfair advantage. "

they didn't do anything bad so why would someone consider taking their accounts like people who cheated intentionally? you were violent in the implications of your phrasing and I was only referring to that.

I disagree with you with the concept of unfair advantage (it'd be unfair if it was RESERVED to a certain category of player, that wasn't the case).

As you said YOU CHOSE not to do it. Can't get more fair than that. Neither did I and for the same reason. So I tip my hat to them for taking the time, no matter how small it's not the problem. there was something to do. Events with requirements to satisfy, no matter how small. They did, I didn't. Of course I'd feel a twerp to dare put a judgement of values on their effort. That's called decency.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I was referring to that particular phrase of your : "Let them keep their accounts so those people aren't cheated, but don't merge them for an unfair advantage. "

they didn't do anything bad so why would someone consider taking their accounts like people who cheated intentionally? you were violent in the implications of your phrasing and I was only referring to that.

I disagree with you with the concept of unfair advantage (it'd be unfair if it was RESERVED to a certain category of player, that wasn't the case).

As you said YOU CHOSE not to do it. Can't get more fair than that. Neither did I and for the same reason. So I tip my hat to them for taking the time, no matter how small it's not the problem. there was something to do. Events with requirements to satisfy, no matter how small. They did, I didn't. Of course I'd feel a twerp to dare put a judgement of values on their effort. That's called decency.

Bro that quote u listed is from someone else

Edited by Mannaroth

Posted

So.  I have read and read and see a lot of complaining.  I play all servers pretty much equal.  I am going to lose characters in this merge because I did not buy x number of character slots.  All that work I put into those characters, gone.  How about others that did the same?  Their time is just as valuable to them as mine to me and yours to yourself.  No where in any forum, ToS were we told we could only play on one server.  In fact, if that was the case, we would never have been allowed access to other servers once creating on the 1st.  Would I have stood to gain a lot in this merge?  Nope.  I used it to up-grade the same characters that I will lose (not have access to).  Wow.  Thanks to the complainers, really.  I appreciate how you cry foul and people are going to lose characters they worked hard on.  Sure, I could have bought more character slots, but I used the loyalty elsewhere.  My fault for not thinking ahead and expecting such childlike behavior out of adults.

Posted

So I haven't seen much in the way of my situation...

I have friends spread on all three servers.  Granted one of the servers I treat as my "Main", but that shouldn't negate people like myself from keeping items obtained from logging in, playing our characters there, obtaining items from logon rewards (and enchanting and using them in the case of boss gear) only to have our hours stripped away due to it being deemed "an exploit" by some form of forum special snowflakes.  I can see why some could be upset that "they didn't get it too", but look at it from others points of view who are actually playing, spending time and money on other servers...how is it not unfair to us as well?

Over all, yes we can argue "bad game design", "dummy dev's", and "waaaa it's unfair to me, you, whomever" but ultimately the bigger issue will be the new world order that is mixing all the different server dynamics into one big melting pot.

Just my /.02

Posted

So.  I have read and read and see a lot of complaining.  I play all servers pretty much equal.  I am going to lose characters in this merge because I did not buy x number of character slots.  All that work I put into those characters, gone.  How about others that did the same?  Their time is just as valuable to them as mine to me and yours to yourself.  No where in any forum, ToS were we told we could only play on one server.  In fact, if that was the case, we would never have been allowed access to other servers once creating on the 1st.  Would I have stood to gain a lot in this merge?  Nope.  I used it to up-grade the same characters that I will lose (not have access to).  Wow.  Thanks to the complainers, really.  I appreciate how you cry foul and people are going to lose characters they worked hard on.  Sure, I could have bought more character slots, but I used the loyalty elsewhere.  My fault for not thinking ahead and expecting such childlike behavior out of adults.

no we are not going to let them have their own way noone is taking anything we earned

Posted

OK, unfair may have been a loaded term. 'Violent' is a bit of a stretch though. But I guarantee that a decent number players will feel that this is unfair. That's fairly obvious from the posts here. Possibly quite a bit more than bothered to gain this advantage outside of the bounds of normal gameplay.

Really, I doubt many people took advantage of the other servers. Probably a lot less than those who are a bit salty about the account merge. That's a guess though.

Posted

Your problem would actually be solved if they didn't merge the character select screens. It seems rather unfair to me for them to drop you down from 18 slots to 6 just so that they can streamline the accounts server.

Posted

At the end of the day its not about how much someone personally  gains, its the effect it has on the server as a whole and it will crash alot of item like hards n sharp and they may never recover all because some people want to get an extra few 100m but next month will be qq'in that the games dead cause the market place has died

We need to carefully think about what is allowed to be kept with the merge

1 person likes this

Posted

At the end of the day its not about how much someone personally  gains, its the effect it has on the server as a whole and it will crash alot of item like hards n sharp and they may never recover all because some people want to get an extra few 100m but next month will be qq'in that the games dead cause the market place has died

We had 2mil sharps earlier today. Jewelry prices have been in freefall for weeks. I don't know, but Kakao already is killing the economy pretty damn hard with all these event boxes we got lately.

Posted (edited)

I hope you get lucky at the board game... and there is still 18 days x 3 servers for loyalties, then again 90 days to collect almost 2 char slots after that. I hope you manage to keep as many chars as possible. good luck. (no sarcasm here at all)

Edit : maybe also it's worth a try at a ticket  to get loyalties back from things attached to deleted char like weight upgrades and the like. Fingers crossed...

Edited by magret

Posted

as far as the market is concerned all of the items that would be effected are all ready down and will only keep going down even without the merge.

Posted

While I understand the benefit for the low pop worlds.. 36 Channels? Channels suck away so much fun and excitement as it is and now having even more?

It's kind of needed to have grind spots around. Maybe they can lessen the channels and decrease boss timers when majority of the world is released 

Posted

What about items in ur backpack? You speak about items in the mailbox, and warehouse that they get transfered aswell does that mean that the items in ur backpack will also be transfered?

Posted (edited)

I made alts on other servers to take advantage of the merge.

Some people will get ahead, some will stay the same, in the end we will all wind up with PEN boss gear if we play long enough. Makes no difference to me.

MP taxes, enchanting costs, and other moneysinks will take care of the sudden inflation over time.

It's really not that huge of a deal.

Life goes on.

Edited by Qzzrbl

Posted (edited)

@GM_Dew 

Long time returning player here (played on different server but never collected any rewards). Please don't let the vocal minority change your plans. I think the plans you outlined were fine. I think this issue is getting blown way out of proportion. Also, no matter what you do - please do not delete the characters on other servers!

Edited by Awwesome
1 person likes this

Posted

the plans looked perfect how they where in the first place

Posted

Yep. Keep it the way it is.

Posted (edited)

And noone blame them for abusing the system!! But that not means they should get 3x rewards when everyone else got 1x!!

since you didn't get any guess they shouldn't either.

Same Logic:

I'm on Uno, I'm not 60, but wait there are people with 60's on the other servers they should either, make my characters 60 or lower the 60's to my level. When server mergers happen

Edited by Arreyanne
1 person likes this

Posted

I usually don't hang around this forum that much but i just had to log in and speak my mind when i heard about this! 

No one is gonna take away anything we earned!

It's ridiculous that this is even a discussion, I've been on several servers and i'm not letting my efforts go to waste. It disgusts me that the developers are even contemplating this. I used MY time to invest on other servers to be able to play with different friends and i took the time to get the rewards for the login events. I'm not letting all my work go straight into the ether and disappear! 

We CAN play on different servers so I DID, not about to let some entitled plebians ruin my effort and time invested. 

Kakao, please have some integrity and don't get swayed by people who manipulate to get shit for free.

@CM_Praballo @GM_Dew 

2 people like this

Posted

Ok so this may or may not fall on deaf ears, but to be honest the self entitlement and cry baby posts on this subject is honestly rather disheartening. So some people, no clue how many, said screw it I'm too lazy to log on another for 30 seconds and simply roll a dice, or claim a reward when the login reward event was going on. So some people decided, no clue how many, that they were gonna make a character on the other 2 servers and claim rewards, which is fine because no where does it say we cannot do that. 

Soooooooooooo I say kudos to the smart people who were not lazy and decided to do this for a month, or two, or however long you did it for, good for you. It is called "smarts" , "having a brain", "not being lazy", call it what you will, but you simply cannot call it an exploit, or doing anything that was not intended. 

So for those who are wondering, yes I have been doing this as well for 3 month's or so, yes I have some items, but it is just not as much as these people are claiming it to be. You have to also consider, RNG is involved with the dice game, I really didn't get much from that over the 3 servers, a few decent items but not a lot. 

In closing I would like to honestly ask people, is it fair that for over 3 month's I have been playing on Orwen and Edan, I have characters level 50 and above, I have invested time and effort over on those servers, I simply just did not logon and off for a reward, so how is that fair for me and other people to lose stuff we actually worked for? All this self entitlement and people whining is just absurd. Never in my years as a gamer have I seen a community be so whiny and we demand compensation mentality. I hope the GM's do not succumb to these whiner's, because it just simply is not fair for many others. Just my humble view on this. 

@CM_Praballo @GM_Dew 

3 people like this