• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

Trying to make a game company give out several free copies of the game we play together is a bit insulting. But like i said i will wait and see what is decided but you all have be prepared if nothing is changed. Awful lot of salt when that happens too.

To be fair, I'd pay for them at the screen.  They could offer me the option to split my servers into accounts for €10 like the new gift accounts cost, and I'd pay it to keep my stuff the same.  They'd then make a further €60 off me, how nice for them, and technically get 6 new accounts because I'd keep playing and probably spending on each. :)

But it's by the by, I doubt it's an option.

Posted

@GM_Caramel @GM_Zandar @CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo

Still haven't addressed the issue of unclaimed achievement rewards. What happened to duplicated unclaimed rewards (like lv 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50, 55) rewards)? Should we claim them or will they still be available multiple times after the merge?

Posted

Soo,... what I get from this thread is the lazy ignorant players who decided not to take 20 minutes in their day to collect all the rewards and do the events are complaining about how unfair this is and how the people who actually played smart and invested a little more time are getting what they earned when the mergers happen? 

It's not like the sever merge was a surprise, it happened in Korea and was obviously going to happen in NA.... If you started playing the game recently then yeah I feel bad for you because you're missing out on a lot but if you've been playing for a while you're just an idiot.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

So, we finally hit the low point with player count.

I like that trick with multichars, can I dupe items now?

Edited by CruleD

Posted

Maybe with the server merge the GM's might stop IGNORING the community and actually respond to the lvl 50 PvP quest lock issue. Granted at this point I doubt it.

Posted

Remember when people saved hundreds of boss scroll bundles knowing that boss gear would be added to them later? I learned my lesson then. Looks like a lot of people didn't.

Posted

So would having your character do promotion on the Nov. 26 - 30th be fine instead of them doing work?

Posted

Trying to make a game company give out several free copies of the game we play together is a bit insulting. But like i said i will wait and see what is decided but you all have be prepared if nothing is changed. Awful lot of salt when that happens too.

I'm having trouble parsing this. When was I talking about giving away free game copies and who did I insult?

Posted

The main crux of the problem here I see is that people went beyond normal game mechanics to receive additional benefits. I'd like to compare this to shoveling issue we had earlier. The act of shoveling is perfectly acceptable use of game mechanics. Logging into multiple servers is perfectly acceptable use of game mechanics. The part where this turns from normal game mechanics into exploitive behavior is when you start manipulating the purpose of logging into multiple servers, or manipulate the behavior of shoveling.  With shoveling you're intentionally creating a scenario where you only gather sharp/hards. With warehouse merger, people intentionally created a scenario where they weren't logging into other servers to play. They were logging in ONLY to accept 'one time' rewards with absolutely zero intentions of playing upon that server.

I think if you look at this without a biased perspective you can see a lot of similarities to shoveling exploit where people were taking intended game mechanics and manipulating them for unintended gains. 

Posted

I really don't understand why so many people are against that idea. No one loses anything, and everything is functionally the same as it is now.

Granted if you were gambling on some big payout from unannounced merge behaviour your gamble wouldn't pay off in this scenario. That's the nature of gambling however.

Yeah, sounds OK.

Posted

you're forgetting that's it is f2p in KR, and we end up getting what they have eventually.If we are bound to get that, and it could save the characters of all the altoholics around, why not as an option at least?

I wouldn't mind if they gave me two extra accounts, one for each server I have characters on. Now think about this for a minute do you really believe that PA or Kaoko or whoever is getting the 9.99, 29.99 or 49.99 from the web page to buy a copy of the game is going to give up that pay day, no matter how small it is?come on you know better than that.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

...but if you've been playing for a while you're just an idiot.

There's no need to insult people.

Edited by Medra

Posted

The main crux of the problem here I see is that people went beyond normal game mechanics to receive additional benefits. I'd like to compare this to shoveling issue we had earlier. The act of shoveling is perfectly acceptable use of game mechanics. Logging into multiple servers is perfectly acceptable use of game mechanics. The part where this turns from normal game mechanics into exploitive behavior is when you start manipulating the purpose of logging into multiple servers, or manipulate the behavior of shoveling.  With shoveling you're intentionally creating a scenario where you only gather sharp/hards. With warehouse merger, people intentionally created a scenario where they weren't logging into other servers to play. They were logging in ONLY to accept 'one time' rewards with absolutely zero intentions of playing upon that server.

I think if you look at this without a biased perspective you can see a lot of similarities to shoveling exploit where people were taking intended game mechanics and manipulating them for unintended gains. 

Look, I'm not totally thrilled that I missed out on this either. These two things are not comparable. One was a bug, the other was working as intended, and had "unforeseen for some" consequences for when the servers merged. 

You may feel that it is as unfair as the shovel exploit, but outside of that the two aren't relatable.

This is not an exploit, people will not get banned for this, even if they address it in some type of manner, exploits result in bans. They knew this was eventually going to happen, and they did nothing to stop it on their end. The shovel exploit was something they had no clue about that circumvented an actual in-game mechanic. 

I'm sure I could go into my detail till my fingers turned into to bloody nubs, but this is not an exploit and your view is biased, you feel like you have been taken advantage of by the players who knew this was going to happen and the advantage is unfair. That I can't argue with you, but for the last time, if this affects you in any way shape or form you really can't have an unbiased opinion.

Posted

What if i logged in on another server each day with the intension of swapping server within the month and just claiming the rewards to get me started when i would swap? Would you consider that exploitive behavior too? People that are complaining about this most likely have all the gear they need and are just butthurt people gunna catch up with them on a faster pace. A warehouse merge wouldnt be very beneficial for the top geared players at all.. Whats a bil gunna do if you already have tet's en tri's, get you 2 ap more? Let the lower tier enjoy the effort they took to get the daily rewards without even knowing if a merge would even happen in the coming year. Anyone could have done this, your own fault if you missed out. just my opinion.

Posted

Since you guys are asking for our feedback, I will also put in my $0.02. People can disagree with me, that's fine. This is just my opinion...

It is unfair to just delete silver and items that players obtained on multiple servers. They spent their time obtaining it, so they should have the right to keep that. However, I also feel it is unfair that certain players will be getting multiple pieces of boss gear for simply logging in every day to collect the rewards. (I have full boss armor on one server, so this is not me whining "that's unfair because I didn't do it!!") I genuinely feel like it is an unfair advantage for certain players that did that. Some will get extra combat xp books as well, amongst other things depending on when the accounts were created. All for just logging in. In my eyes, that is not "working" for it. They simply logged in, and clicked a few buttons. With that being said, I still do not believe people should be stripped of their entire banks. 

Possible suggestions:

[Just to consider different sides in the matter. Complex, but I feel no simple solution will appease the majority]

- Keeping only the items they obtained through grinding, life skilling, etc, and then of course the attendance rewards* they obtained on their main server.

(* - The attendance rewards that were big items such as the boss gear, inventory expansion, and penguins would be erased from the extra servers since these items are easy to pinpoint and provide the biggest advantages, only the ones from the main server would remain, everything else in the banks would transfer) I hope this isn't confusing.

I am not sure if this (^) is possible, but this could be the most fair decision to all parties if so.

(From what I remember, the new and returning players attendance sheets didn't have items that were too big of a deal. The combat XP book possibly, but the majority of those will have most likely been used up, so spending time trying to find the remaining ones to delete would be ultimately futile. It is what it is.)

- Providing everyone who only played on less than 3 servers up to 2 boss gear boxes, or inventory expansion slots/penguins, depending on how many servers they received the rewards on.

E.g. If they played on one server and got the boss gear box for that server, provide them with 2 boss gear boxes or 4 (+8**) inventory expansion coupons + 2 penguins. If they played on 2 servers and received 2 boss gear boxes, give them one boss gear box or 2 (+8**) inventory expansion coupons and 1 penguin. If they played on all 3, all of their items would merge with no extra items given.

**I believe the inventory expansion coupons were for either +4 or +8 inventory expansions. I think they were each +8, but I could be wrong. Forgive me for my memory.

(This option would be more than enough compensation, so I did not want to suggest giving all of the items from the attendance as that would, in my eyes, be asking too much, but that is up for Kakao to think over. This could also have downsides [Economy]) I hope this suggestion is also not confusing.

- Merge all of the items from the servers, but provide an extra attendance reward calendar for those who only have characters on one server.

- If players played a minimum amount of hours on each server, transfer their items accordingly, including the attendance boxes. If they only played for a few minutes each time to obviously just collect attendance rewards, those attendance rewards should not be transferred. No compensation for anyone else.

(This could also be a fair decision to make)

Just suggestions to add into the melting pot. I'm not demanding compensation, but I do feel there is a reasonable middle that can be met to satisfy everyone who this affects. (The BDO community.) Thank you Kakao for listening to our opinions (and -----ing), I do hope though, the community that is the most upset by this can recognize that this merge is not going to ruin the entire game, regardless of the decision Kakao decides to make.

Posted

- If players played a minimum amount of hours on each server, transfer their items accordingly, including the attendance boxes. If they only played for a few minutes each time to obviously just collect attendance rewards, those attendance rewards should not be transferred. No compensation for anyone else.

Time to log onto each server for 5 hours per day for those 50 lauren coins. Each one will have 100 hours by the server merge plus stuffs. If you don't do this, you only have yourself to blame :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah knowledge is really basic thing in mmorpg's. Even if they did something just for 2 minutes and YOU did not, they did more and should be rewarded. No matter what YOU say all those whiners are here just because they want to get some compensation/ ruin rewards for people who used their brain and played smart. 

So,we can apply that knowledge to the shovel exploit? Was not their fault and they used their brain HAHHAHAHAH.

I don't want a compensation at all,i just think this is really unfair with new players,i would care less if they did it before the last attendence event. I don't want this game dead,neither unfair; I don't call 2 Boss Armor(+ free money) fair,specially because they talked about the merge MONTHS and was not confirmed anything about storage merge.

Whatever,let's see if they are doing the right decision or killing their playbase more and more.

1 person likes this

Posted

So,we can apply that knowledge to the shovel exploit? Was not their fault and they used their brain HAHHAHAHAH.

Keep trying to grasp at those straws. I already mentioned a better comparison. Boss scroll bundles and how people hoarded them knowing they would be changed to contain boss gear. If you didn't do it you lost hundreds of rolls for boss gear.

Posted

no we are not going to let them have their own way noone is taking anything we earned

Oh, I was referring to 14a of the FAQ at the very beginning of this post.  Was originally (to my understanding and it may be wrong) thought that we would have 12 character slots total which would have been much more then enough for me.  Now because of all the crying I am afraid to throw more money at the game just so I can have the characters I made to play available.  Afraid to because they are so selfish that they think that just because they played on one server that no one else played on 3 and may have spent real life money on those servers for costumes, value packs and pets.  I probably should not have spent the extra money I had on that, but I have it after bills since I prefer to stay in and watch netflix/dvds and cook homemade food.  Not everyone is like this, but the way I chose to spend my extra money even on a game is my choice and a whole bunch of complainers are stepping on that.  Kind of like theft.

2 people like this

Posted

Forums would be a nicer place if people were just a bit more less whiny and would stop QQ about their own mistakes.

I fixed this for you. 

I am not an ass. People on here just have the utter most absurd ideas. Ideas that just get farted out without putting any rational thought into it ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe with the server merge the GM's might stop IGNORING the community and actually respond to the lvl 50 PvP quest lock issue. Granted at this point I doubt it.

They probably could address it if they didn't have 45 pages of crybabies post to filter thru because heaven forbid they were too lazy to do something that others did.

1 person likes this

Posted

So.  I have read and read and see a lot of complaining.  I play all servers pretty much equal.  I am going to lose characters in this merge because I did not buy x number of character slots.  All that work I put into those characters, gone.  How about others that did the same?  Their time is just as valuable to them as mine to me and yours to yourself.  No where in any forum, ToS were we told we could only play on one server.  In fact, if that was the case, we would never have been allowed access to other servers once creating on the 1st.  Would I have stood to gain a lot in this merge?  Nope.  I used it to up-grade the same characters that I will lose (not have access to).  Wow.  Thanks to the complainers, really.  I appreciate how you cry foul and people are going to lose characters they worked hard on.  Sure, I could have bought more character slots, but I used the loyalty elsewhere.  My fault for not thinking ahead and expecting such childlike behavior out of adults.

I hope you get lucky at the board game... and there is still 18 days x 3 servers for loyalties, then again 90 days to collect almost 2 char slots after that. I hope you manage to keep as many chars as possible. good luck. (no sarcasm here at all)
Edit : maybe also it's worth a try at a ticket  to get loyalties back from things attached to deleted char like weight upgrades and the like. Fingers crossed...

I am lucky at nothing in the game lol.  My RNG is as bad on the board game as my RNG for trying to up-grade my gear.  But I get a lot of nifty buffs for 2 hours that help out a lot, so while it is not the silver I hope to get to get another shot at an up-grade, it is definitely a perk in the grinding end of the game =)

I doubt that we would get loyalites back for char slots, but the weight up-grades for lost chars refunded would be nice.

Posted

This argument is cringe-level stupid and circular.

In 90% of cases, the people who have prepared for a storage merge will unconditionally support it, and the people who didn't will unconditionally oppose it. That leaves 10% worth of opinions from the smart people.

I started only two months ago and I didn't prepare for this. However, I did hear streamers like Morollan talking about it eventually happening. There are two options:

• Don't combine storage, therefore screwing over people who may have organically played on multiple servers.
  • Do combine storage, therefore upsetting people who played on a single server.

Part of the game itself is foresight and strategy. The people who planned ahead and saw this coming deserve the items they get when the storages merge. They took a risk. They gamed the game. It's literally no different than actually playing the game and playing months in advance for some type of economy surge. I didn't prepare for this and I can agree that this is the only reasonably way for them to handle this. Are you really so butthurt that you were too lazy or didn't research and see ahead that you want to punish the people that are smarter and better than you?

Posted

really? ....

bie

Posted

Yes, it's not like server merge is anything new. It was on BDOFoundry before the game launched. Anyone who do research about the game should know this will happen. It was not the matter of "if", it's always been the matter of "when". If you deny this would happen, then you were delusional. If you knew this would happen and not prepare, then you were lazy. In any case the people who prepared deserved their fair share of the free loots. You just did receive yours because you refused to receive yours. People who didn't prepare only have themselves to blame.

1 person likes this