• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So you're either claiming...

A: You started doing this immediately after posting that you were not doing it... and have 2-3 days worth of Lauren Gift Coin Box loot and got lucky... and are claiming this is "a lot"
B: A day after you said you were not doing this you decided to, despite considering it morally deficient to do so, and now have 1-2 days worth of the above.

Assuming 2 days worth of Lauren Gift Boxes... that's 200 total coins on alternate servers which translates into 6 Lauren Gift boxes.  Either you have the best luck in the game, or your definition of "A lot" is atypical.

You claim 1 Boss Gear, 1 Mark of Shadow, 1 Witches Earring, 1-3 Hard Black Crystal Shards, 1-3 Sharp Black Crystal Shards, and "Millions".  

So that is certainly possible with 6 boxes, but I don't think anyone would call that "a lot".

Hllary-Surprise-.gif

the majority of players didn't want this.

As of right now, 63 people have signed your petition.

A quick google search suggests BDO has 100,000-120,000 concurrent players.

Edited by Velexia

Posted

I'm not really sure of the point you're trying to make here. As I said earlier it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

1. I strongly believe that it's a mistake for Kakao to merge warehouses and it'll have a negative impact on other players to do so
2. I've taken measures to inform other players ingame to level characters to 55 so fewer miss out as I doubt Kakao will change their mind since they've put work into this
3. As it looks set in stone, I've now engaged in the same thing to not get behind
4. This doesn't change my view that it's still a shitty thing to do and a shitty solution to an easy problem

You can sling hypocrisy insults if you like - but ultimately you're the ones advocating for getting 3 x event rewards for months and being able to combine them into your main account. Yeah... that's going to be REALLY good for the people who didn't know.

Keep your attacks going, and while we are on memes:

You =

Image result for scumbag steve

Posted

Overall this is very sad to see how many people want to take advantage of this merge. I'm disappointed in the community as a whole and in the company.

I knew overall about the merge, but the fact is that I shouldn't have to make 203875457 characters on other servers in order to advance in a game. This will ruin the game completely, as well as give a huge advantage to players (PEN Incoming).  This is horrible game design and daum or whoever is running this game now really needs to look into, so sad to see a half way decent game falling apart. What's next? Incoming Valk Cry! (Point at which I quit)

Just to be clear, I'm not taking part of this nor will i tell others to do this. I feel bad for any new players or any player that doesn't read the forums. 

2 people like this

Posted

You can sling hypocrisy insults if you like...

Keep your attacks going, and while we are on memes:

I didn't insult you.  I'm not attacking you.  That was a gif, not a meme.

Posted

I am not sure if I am the only one that thinks this, But don't you think that fixing the server issues we currently have might be a great idea? before we merge every bdo player into same cluster/world.

This weekend for example I have not been able to play at all with dc and massive lag and dsynq. And for the ppl who choose to troll with no thought I have been playing online in other games all weekend, and others I know are having same issue. Though I will admit its not everyone so yea... 

Just a thought that mabey fixing problems should come before making new ones.......

Posted

Overall this is very sad to see how many people want to take advantage of this merge. I'm disappointed in the community as a whole and in the company.

I knew overall about the merge, but the fact is that I shouldn't have to make 203875457 characters on other servers in order to advance in a game. This will ruin the game completely, as well as give a huge advantage to players (PEN Incoming).  This is horrible game design and daum or whoever is running this game now really needs to look into, so sad to see a half way decent game falling apart. What's next? Incoming Valk Cry! (Point at which I quit)

Just to be clear, I'm not taking part of this nor will i tell others to do this. I feel bad for any new players or any player that doesn't read the forums. 

Really? You got no clue what Pen actually takes do you? But sure 20-30 concentrated and a couple meme frags surely will get people Pen. Get real. We already got people with billions stashed in hard/shards, while having a 10bil+ gear networth (which massively under represents what it actually takes to get that NW)  and you think this will make any difference to them? Good joke mate, thanks for the laugh.

2 people like this

Posted

Also, I fixed your meme for you.

t99kk_copy.thumb.jpg.f973c3e340a89a2525d

3 people like this

Posted

Really? You got no clue what Pen actually takes do you? But sure 20-30 concentrated and a couple meme frags surely will get people Pen. Get real. We already got people with billions stashed in hard/shards, while having a 10bil+ gear networth (which massively under represents what it actually takes to get that NW)  and you think this will make any difference to them? Good joke mate, thanks for the laugh.

RNG is RNG. You might have bad luck, but some will get it so says brute force.

Posted (edited)

Get a grip. Same thing happened on the other regions, it wasn't the end of the world there and it will not be here, PEN gear, give me a break, the best we get is 80mil~ for selling boss armor and a couple penguins....wow, seriously, game breaking...PEN incoming..

You know people who had prior knowledge of KR benefit already had a huge advantage over players, they knew to stock up on memory frags when they were 100k early days, they knew to save boss bundles up until they were added into the bundles, they knew tons of little advantages that aided them. They knew shattered ogre ring/crecent ring would be exchangeable for the real item in future patches. This, collecting loyalty and rewards on other severs in anticipation for merge, which could have been years down the line, or never, falls into the same category as all the others, no different, nothing will change. 

Edited by Kyungri
4 people like this

Posted

@GM_Dew What some are failing to acknowledge also is the nice chat in channel chat on how they needed to "Guilt" you into giving them their way in regards to the warehouses not being merged. I believe that screenshot should be in your inbox. And to you people that even took this approach towards it to the point of Trying to Guilt a gm into giving in to you then you should be ashamed of yourself. To even think in that model is by all means of the word Unfair towards the GM in this game.

Posted

RNG is RNG. You might have bad luck, but some will get it so says brute force.

Seriously dude? Yes some will get it. The lucky ones would get it either way though, this boost will not make a difference. Ask any of the people that actually seriously tried Pen how much they spent. Heck, most people spent more than what we're getting for a single Tet. Bullshit statement is bullshit.

Posted

@GM_Dew What some are failing to acknowledge also is the nice chat in channel chat on how they needed to "Guilt" you into giving them their way in regards to the warehouses not being merged. I believe that screenshot should be in your inbox. And to you people that even took this approach towards it to the point of Trying to Guilt a gm into giving in to you then you should be ashamed of yourself. To even think in that model is by all means of the word Unfair towards the GM in this game.

Guilt a GM? You're trying to sway things exactly that way at the moment. Stop cosying up and actually argue for your viewpoint - you want your l33t boss gear combined on one account so you can profit big. Just own your decision. You made it, stand by it - rather than this 'QQ GM's already made up their mind' when they are currently reviewing the decision.

Posted (edited)

dear god just quit and leave,  this game is a hard core grind based game that rewards your for the time and effort you put into it people are pushing themself's to get better and looking for anything and everything to give them and edge and if you cant do that then your the only one to blame next time learn about a game before you buy it and get your salty ass out this community that doesn't want you here

Edited by Aldrin

Posted

Guilt a GM? You're trying to sway things exactly that way at the moment. Stop cosying up and actually argue for your viewpoint - you want your l33t boss gear combined on one account so you can profit big. Just own your decision. You made it, stand by it - rather than this 'QQ GM's already made up their mind' when they are currently reviewing the decision.

Nope i am saying i had my wife send in a screenshot of an actual conversation on Uno about guilting the GM into having the warehouses not merge. And sadly i don't really need boss armor to come over lol. I was pointing out that it the person having that conversation about a particular gm should be ashamed of themselves. So news flash my l33t gear is already where it needs to be. And they aren't currently reviewing the decision, they are taking input on it just like with the pearl shop items.  We all know how that turned out sir. Besides if people go 2 pages back you have already been proved a liar and no way of explaining that away. BTW your rng on the event game isn't good enough to get the items you said you had UNLESS you had been doing this all along and maybe started crying after you found out others, even your own guildies had done this too. Of course as your double comments show in the 2 different threads it certainly wouldn't be the first time you told a lie now would it. Now go back to your petition that can't even get 100 signatures of people being for this change. If you can't even get 100 signatures in the days this has been going what actually makes you think that kakao would even give free accounts away because YOU want it to happen that way. Stop feeling that your rule should be law and stop thinking that you are better than anyone else. And for god's sake stop trying to guilt GM's into the idiocy of giving away monetary accounts because you are not happy. Your node war performance shows that you are not better than anyone else btw. Have a good day now and please follow Aldrin's advice from the previous post. 

dear god just quit and leave this game is a hard core grind based game that rewards your for the time and effort you put into it people pushing them self's to get better and if you cant do that then your the only one to blame next time learn about a game before you buy it and get your salty ass out this community that doesn't want you here

In case you lie and say you can't find what the advice was.

Posted

Personally, I think this is a positive thing coming. Economy going to take a huge hit, but it will allow people to actually afford things to be competitive world.

I'm looking forward  to this merge.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Personally, I think this is a positive thing coming. Economy going to take a huge hit, but it will allow people to actually afford things to be competitive world.

I'm looking forward  to this merge.

economy will be fine in a week tops people who say this is game breaking don't even play the game to know what is the true harm to it people are just freaking out about things they don't even understand

Edited by Aldrin
2 people like this

Posted

Nope i am saying i had my wife send in a screenshot of an actual conversation on Uno about guilting the GM into having the warehouses not merge. And sadly i don't really need boss armor to come over lol. I was pointing out that it the person having that conversation about a particular gm should be ashamed of themselves. So news flash my l33t gear is already where it needs to be. And they aren't currently reviewing the decision, they are taking input on it just like with the pearl shop items.  We all know how that turned out sir. Besides if people go 2 pages back you have already been proved a liar and no way of explaining that away. BTW your rng on the event game isn't good enough to get the items you said you had UNLESS you had been doing this all along and maybe started crying after you found out others, even your own guildies had done this too. Of course as your double comments show in the 2 different threads it certainly wouldn't be the first time you told a lie now would it. Now go back to your petition that can't even get 100 signatures of people being for this change. If you can't even get 100 signatures in the days this has been going what actually makes you think that kakao would even give free accounts away because YOU want it to happen that way. Stop feeling that your rule should be law and stop thinking that you are better than anyone else. And for god's sake stop trying to guilt GM's into the idiocy of giving away monetary accounts because you are not happy. Your node war performance shows that you are not better than anyone else btw. Have a good day now and please follow Aldrin's advice from the previous post. 

In case you lie and say you can't find what the advice was.

So much of this is a crock I don't know where to start - so I won't. I've made the point I wanted to make earlier - I don't think it will be listened to by the GM's but if you don't ask you don't get. Not all players are like you bro, and I'm glad I'm not you, lmao.

Posted

I read this whole thread and I am shocked at the sheer amount of crybabying.

Let me see if I got this straight.

If a person had the forethought to pay attention to what happened on the KR version, that is somehow unfair to those who did not.  

REALLY?

I take such great exception to that uniquely western idea that if someone else got something you did not, that somehow injures you.  So what if someone who read Reddit or had a friend who played KR and knew that mergers may be in the future was prepared?  How does someone having something that you do not hurt you in any way?  All the largest guilds knew it was coming and I have seen it mentioned on the forum a million times.  A lot of people knew and decided it was too much work, some decided it was worth it to take a little time each day to stock pile some things.  Some people legit had chars on one server and switched.  Who cares?  Instead of crying about how someone has something you dont and calling it an exploit (WTF?) just do what you have been doing all along, be happy with what you have and forgo the vast availability of KR information.

TBH, your overwhelming sense of entitlement is incredibly off putting.  

Posted

I read this whole thread and I am shocked at the sheer amount of crybabying.

Let me see if I got this straight.

If a person had the forethought to pay attention to what happened on the KR version, that is somehow unfair to those who did not.  

REALLY?

I take such great exception to that uniquely western idea that if someone else got something you did not, that somehow injures you.  So what if someone who read Reddit or had a friend who played KR and knew that mergers may be in the future was prepared?  How does someone having something that you do not hurt you in any way?  All the largest guilds knew it was coming and I have seen it mentioned on the forum a million times.  A lot of people knew and decided it was too much work, some decided it was worth it to take a little time each day to stock pile some things.  Some people legit had chars on one server and switched.  Who cares?  Instead of crying about how someone has something you dont and calling it an exploit (WTF?) just do what you have been doing all along, be happy with what you have and forgo the vast availability of KR information.

TBH, your overwhelming sense of entitlement is incredibly off putting.  

As opposed to the massive sense of entitlement of expecting that NA has to 100% follow KR and can't possibly manage the game better. TBH, your overwhelming sense of entitlement is equally off-putting.

Posted (edited)

As opposed to the massive sense of entitlement of expecting that NA has to 100% follow KR and can't possibly manage the game better. TBH, your overwhelming sense of entitlement is equally off-putting.

No one said it had to.  However, the reason people want there to be some deviation is because they didnt have the forethought to prepare by gathering levels and items on those other servers.  Citing anything other than that is pretty disingenuous.  

Edited by nightbloom

Posted

My excitement turned bitter when a guildy said that the GMs had back-peddled on giving away character slots.  Potential  ~$$PROFIT$$~  requires a post update!

It wasn't changed. The FAQ was simply quite vague in this and thus we requested clarification from PA. The idea that everyone was getting 12 character slots for free was simply an assumption by some players.

Thank you for the reply @GM_Dew

Another question on the subject of player housing. If a player has characters across multiple servers, but do not own houses of any type, will their houses on the designated main server still reset(Provided they have houses on the server that becomes the main)?

I ask this because I have houses in the server that will become my main(none on any other server), and would like to prepare in the event that the merge resets it and I have to replace all the furniture(that will be sent to my storage as I understand).

Only the housing and nodes from your non-main server should be reset, and your main server should remain the same (no reset).

@GM_Dew So is there still any chance for people to get all event rewards that ended or they're just supposed to watch other people with free 4 pieced of boss gear, 4x penguin , 2xunderwear, bunch of beers , blackstones , loyalties ... It's not fair to people who play from very beginning and now we can just watch other people with triple amount of event rewards.

You cannot get the rewards from past events, however you can still get the rewards from current events.

What will happen with double guild names?

For example:

Croxus has a guild named "Crucible", but Jordine also has a guild named "Crucible".

Will it become "Crucible_1" and "Crucible_2"? Will they be merged? Please add this to the FAQ :)

As noted in #27 in the FAQ, duplicate guild names are not possible as they are already unique per region.

15. What happens to contribution for players with characters across multiple servers?

If a player has characters across multiple servers, the last server you log into before the maintenance on November 30th will be designated as your “main server”. The Contribution Points from the main server are kept, and the Contribution Points from the rest of the servers are converted into Contribution EXP, and get merged into the main server.

Just to be clear this means, if Server A has 10 Contribution, and Server B has 10 Contribution, they will not simply just be added up to become 20.

Does that mean if I have 350 on server A and 200 on server B and 200 on server C when the servers are combined I will have 750 contribution points on server A?

No. If server A is your main server, then the contribution points from Server B and C will be converted to Contribution EXP and added to your main server.

As you most likely know, the Contribution EXP needed to gain a full Contribution Point increases exponentially as your points increase. So the amount of EXP needed to level your CP from 1 to 200 is a lot less than 350 to 550.

@GM_Dew What happens to the items that are being transported from one warehouse to another?

Should we complete the transports before the merge or it isn't necessary if we use the Transport system only in one server?

I will ask for confirmation about this from the developers. However, just to be safe, I would advise you to complete all transports before the merge.

I haven't seen this asked or answered anywhere so... Are there any changes being made to the House Ranking system? We need a rank 1 home now to be able to use investment nodes, etc. The population is going to triple in size (even more for those on the less populated servers). I see the title rewards will be increased to the first 300. Will this be done in the same way so we would need a top 3 home to use these? Or top 5 maybe? It seems like this would be the way to go to at least allow the same number of players to access the same content. @GM_Dew

The house ranking system will work in the same way as before. Unfortunately, this does mean that there will indeed be more competition.

What happens to everything in my characters inventory slots? Do I need to move everything to a warehouse to keep my item s?

Your character's inventory remains the same. If you are worried about losing items on locked characters if you have too many characters, then moving the items to your warehouse would be safest.

What happens to achievement rewards on merge. Example is server A (Main server) has completed and accepted x life skill or level up achievement rewards. Server B has completed but has not accepted the rewards for life/level up achievement rewards.

@CM_Praballo @CM_Aethon

@GM_Caramel @GM_Zandar @CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo

Still haven't addressed the issue of unclaimed achievement rewards. What happened to duplicated unclaimed rewards (like lv 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50, 55) rewards)? Should we claim them or will they still be available multiple times after the merge?

We've requested further information about this and will update the FAQ as soon as we receive all of the information.

Has there been a mention or update on any kind of refund/compensation for players who have to delete alts that have cash shop perks, outfits, etc... that are bound?

We will be reviewing standard customer support policies and will offer detailed information closer to the time.

Hi!!! What happen with items on bank across server?  and What happen with money on banks across server will be keep it?

Yes, your items and silver in your warehouses will be merged and you will not lose them.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted (edited)

edit: answer was in the post above

delete this

Edited by DarkBever

Posted

For the NPC Amity points, do we get those of the last server connected or the max available on the 3 servers?

Posted

Think comments like this are stupid... why?

First, Before talking about merge, there is players without knowing this that worked their asses on building their characters on other servers, and why? not because of the merge options, just because WHEN YOU BUY BLACK DESERT ACCOUNT, you dont buy a FIXED SERVER ACCOUNT, so players are able to enjoy different communities and servers markets, aswell play with different guilds and enjoy the game aswell.

The server merge brings bigger activity on servers and game itself, there is a lot of benefits from it, better market, for buyers and sellers, more World Bosses spawn in channels, more competition on guild wars, and so on.

Then some people come here and say take advantage of that?

First everyone have the same chance of "taking that advantage" if you dont take it, you miss the chance to be exactly the same as all other players.

Second Merge the servers, what about the players who played in other servers for months spending time, silver, cash, just because of minority comment like yourself, they have to loose everything because of the merge?

Third and last, LIKE IN LIFE, IN GAMES THERE IS PLENTY OF LOOSERS, PEOPLE WITH NO SENSE OF LIFE, FAIL IN SOCIETY, LOOKING JUST FOR WHAT BENEFITS THEM OR WHAT MAKES THEM FAIL MORE, ALL THIS COMMENTS I SEE HERE COMPLAINING, MOST MIGHT BE DONE FROM PEOPLE THAT HAVE A SAD LIFE, OR NO LIFE, SINGLE, AND ENJOY THEMSELFES ONLY PLAYING GAMES OR WITH THEIR HANDS WHEN NOTHING ELSE MAKES THEM HAPPY.

gET REAL, SERVERS MERGE IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS THAT COULD HAPPEN AND THAT WILL INCREASE THE LOVE ON THIS GAME

So much of this is a crock I don't know where to start - so I won't. I've made the point I wanted to make earlier - I don't think it will be listened to by the GM's but if you don't ask you don't get. Not all players are like you bro, and I'm glad I'm not you, lmao.

THIS TEXT IS FOR YOU TOO

1 person likes this

Posted

Great for the people that created a single char on all 3 servers and got 6x boss armor. Will all be merged so they can have a full set.
Congrats Daum! Stupidest thing ever. @GM_Dew @CM_Praballo

And then I didn't even mention they will get all their silver, horses etc. merged. People who play on only 1 server will be put at a -----ing HUGE disadvantage.

*Popular post, proves I'm not just a loner who feels this way. Daum/Kakao get your shit together ;)

I agree its a dumb mechanic that gives people a advantage, but can you really fault the devs/publishers for your laziness?

1 person likes this