• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a question 

Lets say i have a lvl57 on server A he has claimed and used the lvl55 reward (10 mill gold and xp books ect ect..)

Now if i make a new character on server B and C get them to lvl55 claim and put rewards in storage ( gold xp bookd ect ect) Do i keep the rewards after merg???

Posted

huh? how is that a money grab if they just refund you the pearls/loyalty points?

1. It limits you to only ONE THIRD the number of character slots, and to get any characters back beyond the six highest you have to pay.  On top of that the fact that they are the highest means that they have the least amount of play left in them without buying the game again to get another set.  Also it will no longer be possible to even try all the different character classes without buying more slots.

2. Because in order to get the play flexibility to try three different strategies you have to BUY THE GAME THREE TIMES.

3. Since you cannot specialize across servers anymore you have to buy enormous blocks of storage in order to do all the different things you can do in the game.  They are in essence taking the already strangling tight storage and CUTTING IT TO ONE THIRD UNLESS YOU BUY MORE.

4. If one of the vastly reduced number of characters catch and breed horses it will cut down on the current herd considerably (and pearls for the straight value of the horses do not compensate for the time and effort already put in) and force a shift in points in order to buy up all of the building strings leading to stable expansions which in turn will handicap the other characters with other specialties.  Again, their merging scheme cuts flexibility unless you buy more than one copy of the game.

5. It completely kills the tiny amount of group roleplay that happens ingame unless the character you use just happens to be one of the highest six (which is unlikely since they are usually less played than the grinder characters) and it also kills the continuity of any solitary informal roleplay for those who invest more into the character background as opposed to those for whom the character is simply a grinding and PK piece.  The game sold itself as ROLEPLAYING among other things, and the high handed reduce to a third way they are handing the merge makes that a FALSE CLAIM for the ones who have been in the game for a while and a BAIT AND SWITCH for new players.  Again, the only way to play variations is to BUY ANOTHER COPY OF THE GAME. Also each server had a different feel to it which was shaking out to a different culture, now everything will be smashed together and all the trolls will have concentrated power from all the gear and whatnot coming together and be dumped on everyone in a larger more powerful pack.

While the money grabbing may not bother those with a large entertainment budget that can afford all the copies and expansions it is a serious problem for those who cannot afford it.  It is very similar to pay to win but with a different vector, like a mobster saying "Nice people, nice business you got here. If you want to keep them and your operation you gotta pay..."

Posted

Calling someone stupid or ignorant is not an argument either. So when someone says something, which does not fit your point of view s/he is stupid? Ok, how about you enlighten uns, why are we stupid?

As I see it, you got no idea what you are talking about. Extra life? What do you mean? What extra life? There are already hundreds of players in velia, heidel, calpheon, altinova afk fishing or just standing around, the lag there is terrible, the framerates drop, you can not see various NPCs because there are dozens of players surrounding them, there are dozen of wagons from active players in front of trading NPCs, so you cant see them either. With more "life" it will become worse, not better.

What do we have next? Ah well, "farming"... now, the viable spots are already overcamped right now... becaue everyone is 50+, there are just a few new players and just a few new characters... compare it to the day of release, competing for "wolves" in west guard camp (or gathering wood there) was a terrible terrible thing, the situation is similar now, except the players are at sausans and cox pirates, bashim and gahaz and who knows what else. But it is still not enough, because, well, with the 100% exp bonus each weekend any player (no matter if new or a veteran with high end equipment) can run from lvl 1 to 50 in half a day and then moves on to Mediah/Valencia. The spots are overcamped, with a merge, the situation becomes worse, not better.

Now to the last point... a lot of people here see more life, more spice in possible more open world pvp. True, on the other hand, who is interested in pvp except for a few players? You think it will become better? Open world PvP in BDO sucks, there are enough threads about that and when you talk to the people in game, you get the very same impression. THe only people who defend it are the PKs (and this was always the case, defending bad function came always from the people who found a way how to benefit and/or exploit this said function, a hardcore player will always be higher lvl and have better equipment then a casual gamer and the casual will always loose and be just angry in the end, and do not even dare to say "well then this game is not for casuals" it is defintely not your call) and there will be more after the merge.

Last but not least, the are this "exploit the event system" people... who created various chars on various servers, to get this rewards. I have no idea why someone would do that (maybe foreshadowing of knowing, at some point comes a server merge). In the end, they will delete their lvl 1 chars but keep the items. Just another way of Kakao to show us the middle finger.

So that are my 4 arguments why the server merge will suck. Your turn now, tell me why I am wrong and why the server merge is a great thing to happen.

sounds like u don't have fun in this game , i see only one way for u :> stop cry and find new game :) our life will be better in game :)

Posted

sounds like u don't have fun in this game , i see only one way for u :> stop cry and find new game :) our life will be better in game :)

The view of the extra vocal PK troll minority again, how nice ¬¬

Just think how much fun you will have if the non-hardcore, non-PvP majority actually did take off and the game shut down from lack of players.

Posted

Hello!
I have a few questions.
1. Will the guild war limit increase (Currently 6)
2. How will Sieges transfer? (Will we be able to fight on the 26th? Will we be able to fight for a castle the 3rd?)
3. Will it be awesome or super awesome after the merge? ;D

Posted

1. It limits you to only ONE THIRD the number of character slots, and to get any characters back beyond the six highest you have to pay.  On top of that the fact that they are the highest means that they have the least amount of play left in them without buying the game again to get another set.  Also it will no longer be possible to even try all the different character classes without buying more slots.

2. Because in order to get the play flexibility to try three different strategies you have to BUY THE GAME THREE TIMES.

3. Since you cannot specialize across servers anymore you have to buy enormous blocks of storage in order to do all the different things you can do in the game.  They are in essence taking the already strangling tight storage and CUTTING IT TO ONE THIRD UNLESS YOU BUY MORE.

4. If one of the vastly reduced number of characters catch and breed horses it will cut down on the current herd considerably (and pearls for the straight value of the horses do not compensate for the time and effort already put in) and force a shift in points in order to buy up all of the building strings leading to stable expansions which in turn will handicap the other characters with other specialties.  Again, their merging scheme cuts flexibility unless you buy more than one copy of the game.

5. It completely kills the tiny amount of group roleplay that happens ingame unless the character you use just happens to be one of the highest six (which is unlikely since they are usually less played than the grinder characters) and it also kills the continuity of any solitary informal roleplay for those who invest more into the character background as opposed to those for whom the character is simply a grinding and PK piece.  The game sold itself as ROLEPLAYING among other things, and the high handed reduce to a third way they are handing the merge makes that a FALSE CLAIM for the ones who have been in the game for a while and a BAIT AND SWITCH for new players.  Again, the only way to play variations is to BUY ANOTHER COPY OF THE GAME. Also each server had a different feel to it which was shaking out to a different culture, now everything will be smashed together and all the trolls will have concentrated power from all the gear and whatnot coming together and be dumped on everyone in a larger more powerful pack.

While the money grabbing may not bother those with a large entertainment budget that can afford all the copies and expansions it is a serious problem for those who cannot afford it.  It is very similar to pay to win but with a different vector, like a mobster saying "Nice people, nice business you got here. If you want to keep them and your operation you gotta pay..."

Maybe you don't understand how the merge gonna work. You start out with 6 character slots and end up with 6 characters slot. If you bought x more then you have x more. I have 12 slots on orwen and hadn't spent a penny beyond the original price of the game. What are you talking about? You don't end up with 2 characters slot if you had 6. Who had to buy the game 3 times??? Maybe math is a little hard.

Posted

If i sell an item in server B and i dont take it until the merge [item got sold] and can i take it after the merge because my value pack is on server A, is that possible?

Posted

Not gonna lie.. if someone else gets my characters names I'm gonna be pretty annoyed with this game.. especially if its one I paid for in founders.

You will keep your name.  

Posted

@CM_Praballo

What will happen to horses that are outside of stables? Will they be kept or deleted or will automatically get checked-in to the nearest stable?

Posted

Great for the people that created a single char on all 3 servers and got 6x boss armor. Will all be merged so they can have a full set.
Congrats Daum! Stupidest thing ever. @GM_Dew @CM_Praballo

And then I didn't even mention they will get all their silver, horses etc. merged. People who play on only 1 server will be put at a -----ing HUGE disadvantage.

*Popular post, proves I'm not just a loner who feels this way. Daum/Kakao get your shit together ;)

I agree that people who made a character or more on each server will get triple the amount of things like boss gear but resources such as silver and loot and items that are farmed are divided between the characters not multiplied. Just because a player has 3 characters doesn't mean they get triple the wealth. They are still only 1 person. Hours spent grinding on another server take away that could have been spent grinding on their home server. Get it?

Posted (edited)

@GM_Dew

Do you happen to know if the contribution exp we receive from quests is actually decreased dramatically if our contribution points is above 300, or is it the same and it just feels we receive a lot less because we needs a lot more?

gDOofLY.png

Edited by Skywing

Posted

Are you going to continue to hangout on the forums like the rest of the people that "quit"? (Which I don't understand) :P

1- please tell me when did i said that i quit the game, and don't say that "well one more reason not to bother returning" implied that, because it doesn't, it means one is not playing the game at the moment for what ever reason.

2- Its not that hard to understand, i mean it doesn't take a genius to do so, (forgetting about those that trow a tantrum about what ever they aren't happy with in the game and go back to play as soon they post it.... aka 90% the complaints about P2W) how are we who put this game on a indefinite hiatus to find out if its worth returning to? its only logical to hangout around the forums and the like to do so no? :P

Posted

1- please tell me when did i said that i quit the game, and don't say that "well one more reason not to bother returning" implied that, because it doesn't, it means one is not playing the game at the moment for what ever reason.

2- Its not that hard to understand, i mean it doesn't take a genius to do so, (forgetting about those that trow a tantrum about what ever they aren't happy with in the game and go back to play as soon they post it.... aka 90% the complaints about P2W) how are we who put this game on a indefinite hiatus to find out if its worth returning to? its only logical to hangout around the forums and the like to do so no? :P

If you aren't playing the game why does any of this matter to you? Boggling.

Posted

@GM_Dew What happens with the color palette we have on other servers? Is it merged too?

Posted

@GM_Dew Not sure if you answered a question concerning guilds but since i play on 2 servers i have joined a guild on one of them. My question is when the merge happens will the characters that arent in a guild be automatically put in the guild as my ones that are in it or will it just be left out?

Posted

@GM_Dew Not sure if you answered a question concerning guilds but since i play on 2 servers i have joined a guild on one of them. My question is when the merge happens will the characters that arent in a guild be automatically put in the guild as my ones that are in it or will it just be left out?

The server you login to last before the Nov 30th merge will be your main server, and hence all your character's guild. You can't have characters on a server that are not part of the guild you are member of, so all merged characters will also enter into that guild.

The server you login to last before the Nov 30th merge will be your main server, and hence all your character's guild. You can't have characters on a server that are not part of the guild you are member of, so all merged characters will also enter into that guild.

Posted (edited)

If you aren't playing the game why does any of this matter to you? Boggling.

I don't know where you are trying to get at but just because I’m not playing the game it doesn't mean i have given up on playing it, and because im not playing and won’t be able to do so anytime soon, changes/updates and what not do interest me quite a lot as it is said changes that will dictate if I will actually return when I’m finely able to.

I know my English is kind of horrible being self-taught and all but I think that it was clear on the previous post, also on that line, Boggling? I don’t understand what are you trying to say? 

Did you mean mind-boggling? If so I must what’s so mind-boggling about trying to keep up with what’s going on in a game you had to put on hiatus? 

Edited by KalinGa

Posted (edited)

I don't know where you are trying to get at but just because I’m not playing the game it doesn't mean i have given up on playing it, and because im not playing and won’t be able to do so anytime soon, changes/updates and what not do interest me quite a lot as it is said changes that will dictate if I will actually return when I’m finely able to.

I know my English is kind of horrible being self-taught and all but I think that it was clear on the previous post, also on that line, Boggling? I don’t understand what are you trying to say? 

Did you mean mind-boggling

? If so I must what’s so mind-boggling about trying to keep up with what’s going on in a game you had to put on hiatus? 

Exactly... you paid for the game and are entitled to stay informed about it!  What I don't understand is why Mannaroth found that to be 'boggling', seems pretty sensible to me.

No No No.... first of all...relax.  No one is asking you to buy the game 6 times in order to obtain 6 characters.  By default, you have 6 character slots, EVERYONE has 6 - period! After the merge, you will STILL have 6 character slots.  IF, you have PURCHASED additional character slots, on another server, you will be refunded those in the way of pearls, then if you prefer to use them on the server you are on AFTER the merge, you can re- purchase them with the pearls that were refunded to you.  For confirmation of this, please go to this link:  http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/119305-faq-the-new-world/ and scroll down to 14a  & 14b for further information.  If you still have questions, maybe customer support can help you?  

Edited by Vindi
removed double comment - again

Posted

One quick question. What happens with character slots bought with loyalty? Will that be refunded as loyalty aswell?

Posted

Hello!
I have a few questions.
2. How will Sieges transfer? (Will we be able to fight on the 26th? Will we be able to fight for a castle the 3rd?)

1. We currently have no plans to increase this limit.
2. We'll most likely post an announcement with more information on this soon.
3. Super awesome!

If i sell an item in server B and i dont take it until the merge [item got sold] and can i take it after the merge because my value pack is on server A, is that possible?

This should be possible yes. All items in your marketplace (sold or not) will be merged and available in the new server.

@CM_Praballo

What will happen to horses that are outside of stables? Will they be kept or deleted or will automatically get checked-in to the nearest stable?

All summoned mounts will be automatically checked into the nearest stable.

@GM_Dew

Do you happen to know if the contribution exp we receive from quests is actually decreased dramatically if our contribution points is above 300, or is it the same and it just feels we receive a lot less because we needs a lot more?

gDOofLY.png

According to the information I have, the amount of exp received from quests should not decrease, but simply the amount of EXP needed to gain a full Contribution Point is drastically increased.

The tooltip however is very confusing so I will forward this to our Localization team to be changed.

@GM_Dew What happens with the color palette we have on other servers? Is it merged too?

Yes, it will be merged too and your unused dyes will be preserved.

What Northerner has explained is correct. All of your characters will be in the same guild after the merge.

One quick question. What happens with character slots bought with loyalty? Will that be refunded as loyalty aswell?

Yes, if you've bought more than 6 Character Slot Expansion Coupons, the excess will be refunded, including those bought with Loyalties.

Best regards,
GM Dew

1 person likes this

Posted

It says Sieges will be stopped ON the 26th.

I'm assuming that means no siege this week then?

Posted

Hello!
I have a few questions.

It is THE worst thing to happen to this game. MANY will be leaving!  Our server UNO is packed already and the merge will make it impossible to play with all the lag. Not to mention all the idiots that want to destroy other players fun.

It was fun while it lasted!

I agree that people who made a character or more on each server will get triple the amount of things like boss gear but resources such as silver and loot and items that are farmed are divided between the characters not multiplied. Just because a player has 3 characters doesn't mean they get triple the wealth. They are still only 1 person. Hours spent grinding on another server take away that could have been spent grinding on their home server. Get it?

When we had the daily awards for 2 months I calculated a "minimum" of 150 million a month per server. So if you logged into each server every day, you will get at least 300 million added to your account after the merge. With no effort at all. Thats just one example how people will have an advantage.

Posted

Will you guys be able to minimize the amount of desync with this merge? I know this past week I have "reloaded" while fighting or traveling between towns at least 20 times a day. It's getting pretty annoying... especially when you die at world bosses and lose your crystals...

Also, will this be an entirely new server (hardware/software/etc) or are you reusing one of the ones the game currently runs on?

Posted

Still no word on bound pearl items/perks on overflow characters?

@GM_Dew

We're nine days away from the merge and, while we all have different priorities, I'd like to think actual money spent would be higher on the list than it appears to be. I'm admittedly biased however and still hope for a clean and mutual resolution.

Posted (edited)

It is THE worst thing to happen to this game. MANY will be leaving!  Our server UNO is packed already and the merge will make it impossible to play with all the lag. Not to mention all the idiots that want to destroy other players fun.

It was fun while it lasted!

You should not see a very big increase of lag or player density, as the amount of channels stays the same.

We currently have 3 servers / region, with 12 channels each. This results in a total of 36 channels.
The new server will also have 36 channels, so the amount of players on each channel should be roughly the same.

Still no word on bound pearl items/perks on overflow characters?

@GM_Dew

We're nine days away from the merge and, while we all have different priorities, I'd like to think actual money spent would be higher on the list than it appears to be. I'm admittedly biased however and still hope for a clean and mutual resolution.

I would suggest keeping an eye out on our Helpdesk articles as well.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Edited by GM_Dew