• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

This may have already been asked, but what will happens if because of the merger your storage exceeded the Max 192 item limit?

Posted

Sry i didnt read through all 67 Pages, but do we have to convert the Silver in our Warehouses into Goldbars prior to the merge or will the silver just be transfered like the items into the new Warehouse?

Posted (edited)

@GM_Dew Alright then, lets now say a person is in 2 guilds one on one server and one on another server and he or she spent alot of time into both guilds , when the merge happens what happens then? will they just get removed from one and put in the other or will they be in both?

Edited by Tirus12

Posted

It is THE worst thing to happen to this game. MANY will be leaving!  Our server UNO is packed already and the merge will make it impossible to play with all the lag. Not to mention all the idiots that want to destroy other players fun.

It was fun while it lasted!

Math is hard, i know.....

So tell me how is 3 Servers with 12 Channels ANY different then 1 Server with 36 Channels......?

Got it?

Posted

This may have already been asked, but what will happens if because of the merger your storage exceeded the Max 192 item limit?

It's goes into an overflow status, you have to make room for it by removing other items then they'll become available for use/removal.

@GM_Dew Alright then, lets now say a person is in 2 guilds one on one server and one on another server and he or she spent alot of time into both guilds , when the merge happens what happens then? will they just get removed from one and put in the other or will they be in both?

You'll be a member of the guild on the server you logged out of last.

Sry i didnt read through all 67 Pages, but do we have to convert the Silver in our Warehouses into Goldbars prior to the merge or will the silver just be transfered like the items into the new Warehouse?

Money just gets combined, nothing needs done to it.

Posted

@Celestial and @Vindi

topic characterslots "EVERYONE has 6 - period!"

Its wrong - period.

BC is totally right.

Example:
I bought this game an could have created 6 characters on EACH server without buying a single additional slot.
(You don't believe it? Try it. You have 6 slots on each server.)
For europe that means: 6 on Jordine, 6 on Croxus and 6 on Alustin

And the maximum number of slots after the merge is 6 (free) + 6 (buy) = 12.
You could now see the problem? (hint 18 > 12)

After the merge i have 6 characterslots,
could rescue 6 more characters by buying 6 aditional characterslots ($$$$)
AND had to kill 6 characters.

If that really would be me, i would be...at least...pissed.

And now think a little bit further. The worst case.
Some crazy guy had maxed out the number of available charslots(12) on each server(3).
Played each character(36) till at least 55 and bought them pets, costumes etc.

He invested large sums of money and time.

And now he had to kill 2/3 of his precious little barbiefarm...

What will this "whale" do?

1 person likes this

Posted

Exactly... you paid for the game and are entitled to stay informed about it!  What I don't understand is why Mannaroth found that to be 'boggling', seems pretty sensible to me.

2 reasons. The first being because i can.  2nd was mind boggling following the thread earlier when they said even more reason not to come back. But the op cleared up why i was boggled. Hope this cleared things up for you a bit.

Posted

@CM_Praballo

21. What happens to Marketplace Items for players with characters across multiple servers?

All items registered at the Marketplace stay registered. Even if you have gone over the maximum limit for registration, they stay registered, but you can't register more items until you are no longer over the maximum amount.

The maximum and minimum bids are subject to change so items not within the range will not show up. Removing and re-registering items will work as usual.

What about items that have already sold, will i be able to still collect the money after the merge?

Posted

So this was meant to happen from the beginning or is it only due to low player amount?

Thinking about that... are the player numbers disappointing from the start or are players quitting fast or is everything as expected and are the player numbers in fact high? :) 

Despite the answer I very much like the game so far :) just started playing yesterday and character creation took pretty long B| 

Posted

Clarification / Update added to FAQ:

Final Siege War prior to server merge will be on 11/26
Special rewards will be given to winning guilds on 11/26
Node wars will be turned off afterwards

More info on the special rewards will follow shortly.

5 people like this

Posted

Turned off?

What? Do you provide as little information as possible on purpose?

Posted

Turned off?

What? Do you provide as little information as possible on purpose?

Cause this was announced ages ago in the new worlds server merge announcement thread? Oo

Posted

Cause this was announced ages ago in the new worlds server merge announcement thread? Oo

I know the sieges are being removed whilst the merge happens. But he states Node wars will be turned off afterwards, afterwards? after what? Server Merge?

Posted

I know the sieges are being removed whilst the merge happens. But he states Node wars will be turned off afterwards, afterwards? after what? Server Merge?

After the war on the 26th till the merge is done and checks out I'd assume.

How are you not used to their poor communication by now? :P

Posted

After the war on the 26th till the merge is done and checks out I'd assume.

How are you not used to their poor communication by now? :P

I'm used to it but ofc I need to know lol, need to tell my guild what days to be online ^^

Posted

Clarification / Update added to FAQ:

Final Siege War prior to server merge will be on 11/26
Special rewards will be given to winning guilds on 11/26

More info on the special rewards will follow shortly.

I do hope those special rewards will take in mind that Castles are worth more then Serendia/Balaneros. 

Posted

I do hope those special rewards will take in mind that Castles are worth more then Serendia/Balaneros. 

Pffftt. Ask Tekeii to give you a lesson. And enjoy your 10 mil guild funds xD

1 person likes this

Posted

@Caduryn  i'm thinking it would depend on if the new server is a new server and not the same as been previously used. 36 channels will be fine but if lag, resetting, and dc's get worse....it will cause a lot of frustration for people

Posted

Hands down one the most disappointing updates you've produced Kakao. It would have been more fair if you decided you were going to be doing this, say, next year in Feb or something, and then said to us, "Look everyone, we know this whole merger is going to make undeserving people rich for simply sitting online for a few hours, so we're encouraging everyone to take the time between now and the update to do the same." But instead you are giving the impression of "Oh shit, gotta get this update out ASAP so that only a few people get to exploit this stupid stupid thing that we did." There are a lot more people upset about this than there are in support of it, you can see it by reading through this forum. If I was you, I wouldn't really be worried about offending the couple guys who say something about how its everyone else's fault for not keeping up with KR and the literal 3 people who like their post.

Posted

Hands down one the most disappointing updates you've produced Kakao. It would have been more fair if you decided you were going to be doing this, say, next year in Feb or something, and then said to us, "Look everyone, we know this whole merger is going to make undeserving people rich for simply sitting online for a few hours, so we're encouraging everyone to take the time between now and the update to do the same." But instead you are giving the impression of "Oh shit, gotta get this update out ASAP so that only a few people get to exploit this stupid stupid thing that we did." There are a lot more people upset about this than there are in support of it, you can see it by reading through this forum. If I was you, I wouldn't really be worried about offending the couple guys who say something about how its everyone else's fault for not keeping up with KR and the literal 3 people who like their post.

Quit crying already. If you had no clue about mergers, than you are either stupid, or a casual gamer or just too lazy to do research or you are blind because of all the chat about the server mergers in the past 6 months via streamers and posts. And believe me, there are FAR more people in support, do not give false information. In any post the support outweighs the cry babies. Also you have had 3 weeks to get ALL the event boxes from all 3 servers, and get a TON of other rewards, if you still chose not to, well, my point made. Good luck in the new world. :)

2 people like this

Posted

Still no answer on about world bosses being only the first 12 channels?

Would prefer it being the first 18 at least. (that's half if you're bad at math)

Posted

its getting close... prepare thee alts!! there will be war and blood... a bloodywar

Posted

What happens if we don't collect our silver from items sold on market before merge?

Posted

After rereading the FAQ several times and trying to read though the comments, replys, and complaints to find the further explanations, I have one question at this point.... What about houses?  If you have 5 residences on each server, that means 15...do you lose them?  or will we be allowed more residences after the merge?

Posted (edited)

@Celestial and @Vindi

topic characterslots "EVERYONE has 6 - period!"

Its wrong - period.

BC is totally right.

Example:
I bought this game an could have created 6 characters on EACH server without buying a single additional slot.
(You don't believe it? Try it. You have 6 slots on each server.)
For europe that means: 6 on Jordine, 6 on Croxus and 6 on Alustin

And the maximum number of slots after the merge is 6 (free) + 6 (buy) = 12.
You could now see the problem? (hint 18 > 12)

After the merge i have 6 characterslots,
could rescue 6 more characters by buying 6 aditional characterslots ($$$$)
AND had to kill 6 characters.

If that really would be me, i would be...at least...pissed.

And now think a little bit further. The worst case.
Some crazy guy had maxed out the number of available charslots(12) on each server(3).
Played each character(36) till at least 55 and bought them pets, costumes etc.

He invested large sums of money and time.

And now he had to kill 2/3 of his precious little barbiefarm...

What will this "whale" do?

Look, maybe you can't do math. You start out with 6 and buy 6 more that's 12! (hint 6 + 6 = 12)
On a different server, you still have 6 base slots and if you buy 6 more, you still only have 6 + 6 = 12 on that server!
There is no 18! There is no 24, no 36!
If this whale of yours make buy 6,6,6 and on all three servers, he'll have 12, 12, 12 slots on each one. Each server only has 12!

You can play "what if you count them together" all you want, the reality is he only has 12 max character per server!
Since when we merge there is only one server, he would also have, hint 6+6  slots!
So, he bought 6+6 extra slots. Of course they'll refund him the pearls and/or loyalty so it's fair!
Pets are account bound and will be merged!
Leveling to 55 takes like 3 hours, piece of cake. Just delete the extra. If he also bought any cashshop bound with pearls on the deleted characters he'll be refunded those as well.
Also you assume such a whale exists, pretty sure Kakao already knew no such whale exists! Playing mind games with hypothetical situation is pointless anyway.

Edited by Celestial