• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

Another question for you. AFAIK marketplace registered items stay registered, but what about registered items that have been sold already (money not collected)? Is it safe to wait and collect them after the merge? (I'm asking this because of lack of VP on another server)

Posted (edited)

@GM_Dew

Did anyone ask about AMITY? I have multiple trade NPCs with 1000+ amity each.

What will happen with this? We are speaking of 1000 non active hours per NPC now at 1 energy per hour. This would be a gigantic loss...

You should think about giving us a month of previous 2 energy per hour so we can recover a bit from the massive loss due to node energy wipe.

Edited by crosspath

Posted

You guys -----ing about the item merge are retarded everyone had equal chances to get this process done so maybe you should put on your big girl panties and stop -----ing nobody held a gun to your head and said not to do this so you can respectfully shut the ----- up.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Actually you never had 18 character slot on any server. You only have 6 base character slot on each server! If you don't believe me take a one screenshot that has 18 character slot on it. They never counted together according to Kakao. Look, you can argue multiply by 3, divide by 3, add up 12, 18 it doesn't matter. It is a fact that you never had more than 6 base character slot per server, there for the entire account. Just because you could create those extra characters on other servers do not mean they are yours.

And actually even if you have a million dollars you can't save those to-be-deleted characters. So no it's not a cash grab.

After the merge, new people could play on ANY of the "previous instances of the game" with the same amount of base character had they buy the game before the merge namely s i x which they are entitled to. Being able to play on all three servers now mean it is infinitely more fun than previously for the same price. It's tremendous! Not a cash grab! 

6x3=18 total over 3 servers. Not all on one.  I think I got what both of you were saying.  Just wanted to clarify that math the other was doing.  Fortunately, for me, I did not max out all my 6 character slots on each server.  I just had to make adjustments and do away with a character that I most likely was not going to play and had not spent any pearls on.  I think my max slots on the merge will be like 9 since I only bought a couple on my home server.  I just can't imagine the time it takes to play on 3 serves with max toons on each...though I do play on all 3 currently.

Edited by Carawin
Clarification

Posted (edited)

14a. How many character slots will we have after the merge?

The default amount of character slots remains the same, meaning 6,

Wait, what about account with more than 6 character slots ?

I have 7 slot aviable ( guess that's because my preorder gave 1 more slot )

I will still have my 7 slot aviable right ?

@GM_Dew

Edited by woots

Posted

Wait, what about account with more than 6 character slots ?

I have 7 slot aviable ( guess that's because my preorder gave 1 more slot )

I will still have my 7 slot aviable right ?

@GM_Dew

Default refers to new accounts. It is currently 6 and it'll stay 6 post merge as well.

You're player 2 in the examples given, but instead of 12 slots you have 7 slots, which you'll still have post merge.

Posted

This FAQ says warehouse items merge but what about Silver? Will all the Silver be in 1 warehouse as well? Do we get to keep the Silver on other Servers?

Posted

Still have yet to answer what is going to happen about Duplicate classes where they have costumes when the servers merge, more specifically pearl items.

Posted

Still have yet to answer what is going to happen about Duplicate classes where they have costumes when the servers merge, more specifically pearl items.

I submitted a ticket a few days ago and was told, in essence, "we'll know more later" but that's about it.

Posted

Actually you never had 18 character slot on any server. You only have 6 base character slot on each server! If you don't believe me take a one screenshot that has 18 character slot on it. They never counted together according to Kakao. Look, you can argue multiply by 3, divide by 3, add up 12, 18 it doesn't matter. It is a fact that you never had more than 6 base character slot per server, there for the entire account. Just because you could create those extra characters on other servers do not mean they are yours.

And actually even if you have a million dollars you can't save those to-be-deleted characters. So no it's not a cash grab.

After the merge, new people could play on ANY of the "previous instances of the game" with the same amount of base character had they buy the game before the merge namely s i x which they are entitled to. Being able to play on all three servers now mean it is infinitely more fun than previously for the same price. It's tremendous! Not a cash grab! 

Are you really so dense that you cannot see that ONE PERSON for the price of buying the game ONE TIME used to get access TO THREE SERVERS WITH SIX FREE CHARACTER SLOTS ON EACH ONE?  Now repeat after me:  SIX CHARACTER SLOTS ON THREE SERVERS EQUAL FREE18 CHARACTER SLOTS TOTAL PER ACCOUNT.  After the merge instead of three servers you ONLY GET ONE, WHICH IS TWO LESS THAN BEFORE.

It is a cash grab since in order to save twelve of them you have to PAY FOR SIX SLOTS THAT YOU DID NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR BEFORE.

You cannot "play on all three servers" (actually three server stacks) after the merge, there will only be ONE large server stack after the merge.  After the merge there will only be ONE THIRD the number of character slots per account.  If Daum/Kakao had intended to only have six character slots they should have had a pool of six that could freely travel between servers or else just have two free slots per server instead of this revolting bait and switch. 

I do not see how the merge would make things "more fun" since it severely limits what you can do without paying to max out storage and max out character slots.  Even with those at maximum you are very severely limited as to what character variants you can play with so few slots available, and you only have one pool of CP and one copy of the map to use them on so that limits strategic options severely.

This merge is greedy and it is disgusting that they treat their customers this way.  I suppose it is not surprising though considering their execrable treatment of them when it comes to customer service.

Posted

Are you really so dense that you cannot see that ONE PERSON for the price of buying the game ONE TIME used to get access TO THREE SERVERS WITH SIX FREE CHARACTER SLOTS ON EACH ONE?  Now repeat after me:  SIX CHARACTER SLOTS ON THREE SERVERS EQUAL FREE18 CHARACTER SLOTS TOTAL PER ACCOUNT.  After the merge instead of three servers you ONLY GET ONE, WHICH IS TWO LESS THAN BEFORE.

It is a cash grab since in order to save twelve of them you have to PAY FOR SIX SLOTS THAT YOU DID NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR BEFORE.

You cannot "play on all three servers" (actually three server stacks) after the merge, there will only be ONE large server stack after the merge.  After the merge there will only be ONE THIRD the number of character slots per account.  If Daum/Kakao had intended to only have six character slots they should have had a pool of six that could freely travel between servers or else just have two free slots per server instead of this revolting bait and switch. 

I do not see how the merge would make things "more fun" since it severely limits what you can do without paying to max out storage and max out character slots.  Even with those at maximum you are very severely limited as to what character variants you can play with so few slots available, and you only have one pool of CP and one copy of the map to use them on so that limits strategic options severely.

This merge is greedy and it is disgusting that they treat their customers this way.  I suppose it is not surprising though considering their execrable treatment of them when it comes to customer service.

Dude chill! y u so angry mate! Look I'm just teaching u how to do math yo! 6 + 0 + 0 = 6, 0 + 6 + 0 = 6, 0 + 0 + 6 = 6. See that? At any time u only have 6 character slots! When you are on Edan, you don't have the other characters slots on Orwen or Uno, so you have 6. When you are on Uno, you still only have 6? Why can't you understand you never have more than s i x? It's so hard to add? U don't add three servers together. At any instance u only have 6 dude. So it's not da cash gab!

More fun as in u play with more ppl dude!

Definitely not greedy at all. Its for the good of the ppl in the game. and u need to chiiiiiilllll :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Dude chill! y u so angry mate! Look I'm just teaching u how to do math yo! 6 + 0 + 0 = 6, 0 + 6 + 0 = 6, 0 + 0 + 6 = 6. See that? At any time u only have 6 character slots! When you are on Edan, you don't have the other characters slots on Orwen or Uno, so you have 6. When you are on Uno, you still only have 6? Why can't you understand you never have more than s i x? It's so hard to add? U don't add three servers together. At any instance u only have 6 dude. So it's not da cash gab!

Definitely not greedy at all. Its for the good of the ppl in the game. and u need to chiiiiiilllll :D

Your "math" is irrelevant since you are deliberately ignoring the facts.

By extension of your logic you only have ONE character slot because when you are in the game you can only have one character running at a time.  That of course makes no sense at all but then your argument that there are only six character slots before the merge does not make sense either.

I do not see how having one third the characters, one third the storage, and only one set of CP with only one trade and industry web configuration at a time is "more enjoyable" than the full pre-merge experience.  As for more people, that is not necessarily true since they keep the same number of channels for people to disperse out into and many prefer to be able to see something besides a sea of afk trade wagons and whatnot.

I guess they could not make the game completely pay to win so they decided to grab cash this way instead.  And it is nothing but a cash grab, there is no advantage whatsoever to be had by merging except for hardcore pvp players who want to coalesce all of their equipment and other resources to make a supercharacter to prey on the non-hardcore, non-pvp players' characters.

Posted

Most MMO´s gives free Charakter Slots with Merges...... just BDO not....

But we all know how greedy Kakao is. B|

1 person likes this

Posted

I do feel at a disadvantage over people who collected rewards on all 3 servers, my money should be as good as those players, not complaining or anything, but if serious steps aren't taken to make this merge as fair as possible for everyone who put time and money the way the game is supposed to be played, I just might take it elsewhere.

Posted

lets say i have characters on both eu servers and i will make it easy and say only 1 on each both level 55. now here comes the problem.

on both servers i have used my real life money and bought through the pearl shop the max additional horse slots, workers, and bank space in velia (now imagine if i bought it for every city).

will you be refunding my real life money that i spent for items i cannot have since the servers merged?

Posted

My apologies if this has already been covered somewhere in the 69 pages, but I admit I didn't get through all of them before asking it anyway. ^^;

This is not a personal issue, but I was curious if the plan was to refund the pearls for any purchases such as inventory space/weight increase/costumes for any locked characters above the limit who will be auto-deleted? It's the one big thing I can see being a huge problem for players that I have not seen addressed in the FAQ.

--

For the person before me, they did say they'd do pearl refunds for any bank spaces beyond the maximum allowed you can have. I'm hoping that that will apply to any other worker/stable slots. It may not quite be refunding you your money, but at least will let you invest the spent funds into something else...which to me at least seems reasonable, as you've been enjoying the benefits of that spent money within the game for a time, so it seems sufficient to get pearls back but not a "cash refund." At least here, many shops will do that, where you can get in store credit for a returned used item, but not a full cash refund. :)

Posted

Your Simply missing his point, if u have 6+1+1 and never bought char slots you are now forced to either delete 2 toons, or buy 2 character slots. Wich is unfair because in the previous situation u could have that 8 toons even if they were spread on 2, or 3 servers.

Posted

Couldn't see this question asked / answered...

The FAQ says mailboxes will be merged. Is there a max number of pages of unclaimed mail? I have 16 pages of unclaimed mail on each of the two other servers and don't want to lose mail because of some "25 page limit" that I am not aware of.

Posted

@CM_Praballo

I know you say the horse racing channels will remain the same, but does that mean there will be a total of 6 horse racing channels? For Velia U1, U2, B1, B2, E1, and E2? Or will you limit horse racing to 2 out of the 36 channels? 

Posted

@CM_Praballo

I know you say the horse racing channels will remain the same, but does that mean there will be a total of 6 horse racing channels? For Velia U1, U2, B1, B2, E1, and E2? Or will you limit horse racing to 2 out of the 36 channels? 

I asked this earlier and they said 2 of 36 channels. They will be monitoring horse races and can add more channels if it gets too popular/crowded.

Posted (edited)

@CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo

Would you please provide information on what the channels themselves will be named post-merge? As in Calpheon 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or new names, etc?

Also, with the new naming scheme, can you please make sure each name starts with a unique letter? So we don't have crossover like we do now, with people having to type Val or Vel to differentiate between Valencia and Velia when discussing instead of just v1, v2, etc.

Thanks.

Edited by Breyer
2 people like this

Posted

well would also like to know what channel boss will be in and guild wars

Posted

Your Simply missing his point, if u have 6+1+1 and never bought char slots you are now forced to either delete 2 toons, or buy 2 character slots. Wich is unfair because in the previous situation u could have that 8 toons even if they were spread on 2, or 3 servers.

i'm not though, my point is you were never meant to have more than 6 base (12 total) slot at any time, it was like that in kr/jp sever, if you create one character on one server, it'd take out the one slot on the other two server. it was an oversight in the na/eu version, just that they could create extra characters beyond the ones they are entitled to doesn't mean they have the slot or have the right to keep them!

Posted

Your "math" is irrelevant since you are deliberately ignoring the facts.

By extension of your logic you only have ONE character slot because when you are in the game you can only have one character running at a time.  That of course makes no sense at all but then your argument that there are only six character slots before the merge does not make sense either.

I do not see how having one third the characters, one third the storage, and only one set of CP with only one trade and industry web configuration at a time is "more enjoyable" than the full pre-merge experience.  As for more people, that is not necessarily true since they keep the same number of channels for people to disperse out into and many prefer to be able to see something besides a sea of afk trade wagons and whatnot.

I guess they could not make the game completely pay to win so they decided to grab cash this way instead.  And it is nothing but a cash grab, there is no advantage whatsoever to be had by merging except for hardcore pvp players who want to coalesce all of their equipment and other resources to make a supercharacter to prey on the non-hardcore, non-pvp players' characters.

If you really want to be angry, focus it at the hordes of people who cried and cried about a megasevrer to begin with. The playerbase had a sh*t fit and Kakao (Daum at the time) gave them what they asked for, multiple servers. The megaserver thing as we are getting in a couple days should have been that way from day 1.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Newbie question alert: I have 2 characters on edan and uno, 6 characters on Orwen. After the New World patch, all my characters will be available, yes?

Edited by Nyochi