• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted

Newbie question alert: I have 2 characters on edan and uno, 6 characters on Orwen. After the New World patch, all my characters will be available, yes?

If a player ends up with more characters than character slots after the merge, characters are sorted from the highest level to the lowest level. However only the first characters in the available slots are playable, and the other characters will be locked. Do not worry, the information of all existing characters will be kept when the merge is completed.

If you delete a character, the next highest level character in line will show up on the list. The characters in locked slots can only be deleted, and they will be automatically deleted after 90 days. All characters created before the merge will have a 10 minute delete confirmation time.

Posted

Newbie question alert: I have 2 characters on edan and uno, 6 characters on Orwen. After the New World patch, all my characters will be available, yes?

If you have 10 available slots, yes.

I see you do not understand how the servers work.  You start out with six character slots ON EACH SERVER. That means you start out before the merge with EIGHTEEN character slots, six on each of the three servers, all for buying the game ONCE.  Now, after the merge if you want the number of characters and the strategic flexibility of the pre-merge three server system you would have to buy three copies of the game and run three separate accounts. It does not matter that the eighteen slots were divided up into three sets of six, they still come out to eighteen starting slots total.  Eighteen is greater than six, even the average kindergartner knows that.

It is simple arithmetic really: To get from three servers to one you divide by three.  Three servers worth of characters divided by three equals one server's worth of characters.  Three separate pools of CP, maps, and storage divided by three equals one server's worth of CP, maps, and storage.  To reverse division by three you have to multiply by three, that means you have to buy the game three times to have the same number of characters and flexibility after the merge as there was before it.

Even people who buy the game for the first time after the merge get less for their money.  Before the merge thirty dollars would buy a package of three basic instances (one on each server) of the game, in one account, that were only tied together by the odd convention of a "family" name spanning all three.  That means that each instance of the game was ten dollars (like buying canned goods on special at the grocery store for three for a dollar or whatever).  After the merge thirty dollars will only get you ONE instance of the game which means they tripled the price per instance of the game.

What the hell are you talking about?  You make absolutely no sense!

Look, it's very simple.  Think of each server as a new game. each has it's own CP, Energy, you can't see the NPCetc.  You have 6 slots on each. Period. You can only play on ONE server at a time, so you have ONE GAME!  By merging you don't get 18 slots!  And you shouldn't.  

As for the price, the game is only $10 now.  So, $30 divided by 3 is $10.  Nobody looses a thing!  They actually GAIN a lot . . . . . . .

*  More Lag making the game unplayable,
*  3 times the players in grinding areas making quests unfinishable,
*  So many people at storage and Marketplace areas you can't tag the NPC,
*  With 36 channels, at a 15 minute CD to change, you will be wasting hours trying to find a playable channel. Checking all channels wiill take you 9 hours!

They DID NOT need this merge!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If you have 10 available slots, yes.

What the hell are you talking about?  You make absolutely no sense!

Look, it's very simple.  Think of each server as a new game. each has it's own CP, Energy, you can't see the NPCetc.  You have 6 slots on each. Period. You can only play on ONE server at a time, so you have ONE GAME!  By merging you don't get 18 slots!  And you shouldn't.  

As for the price, the game is only $10 now.  So, $30 divided by 3 is $10.  Nobody looses a thing!  They actually GAIN a lot . . . . . . .

*  More Lag making the game unplayable,
*  3 times the players in grinding areas making quests unfinishable,
*  So many people at storage and Marketplace areas you can't tag the NPC,
*  With 36 channels, at a 15 minute CD to change, you will be wasting hours trying to find a playable channel. Checking all channels wiill take you 9 hours!

They DID NOT need this merge!

Alright to address this:

You will be getting a total of 12 slots not 18 i dont  know where that number came from

The Lag issue is something I am concerned about, but i will reserve judgement until after the merge to see how the implementation goes, rather than demonize it from the start

3 times the players grinding? you realize that the number of channels will be expanded to 36 channels, so in terms of grinding, I think it will be overall easier to find a place to grind. even now I have not felt that grind areas are at all tedious, I recently hit 59 from just the thanksgiving break i had.

The time to change channels... is literally the same... Don't know why you are making such a big deal about that.

Personally before I make any judgement about the merge, ill wait to see how it plays out. If it is bad, the game will lose players, simple as that. There is no point speculating until after you see how it is overall, but i understand your concerns, they are valid, and I hope to see you in the New World.

Edited by Kola

Posted

Great for the people that created a single char on all 3 servers and got 6x boss armor. Will all be merged so they can have a full set.
Congrats Daum! Stupidest thing ever. @GM_Dew @CM_Praballo

And then I didn't even mention they will get all their silver, horses etc. merged. People who play on only 1 server will be put at a -----ing HUGE disadvantage.

*Popular post, proves I'm not just a loner who feels this way. Daum/Kakao get your shit together ;)

No, it just proves you're supported by a bunch of whiners that are mad they weren't smart enough to use the daily rewards on other servers.

I bet most people that support you aren't even 400GS.

Posted (edited)

Clarification / Update added to FAQ:

Final Siege War prior to server merge will be on 11/26
Special rewards will be given to winning guilds on 11/26
Node wars will be turned off afterwards

More info on the special rewards will follow shortly.

@CM_Praballo

Where are our "Special Rewards" ?

Is it really only a title ? (Give us a HAIL HYDRA Title xD)

<HYDRA> from Croxus, Serendia Region.

Edited by Reliance

Posted

@CM_Praballo
Simple question.

Does the nodewars start the 4th december or right after wednesday (30th november) ?

1 person likes this

Posted

@CM_Praballo

About my last Question regarding duplicate Rewards, do you know anything new about it? Will daily rewards be merged together or is it best if i just receive them all since they are daily anyway so it's not like i won't receive them ever again.

Thanks in advance,

Red.

Posted

I hope all the item stay on the wagons in the stables (i have 30+) - suppose i better take a screen shot of each wagon for insurance purposes

Posted (edited)

I wasn't too upset about the items, until I realized people who got the reward series will end up with nearly 2 months of Bonus xp from the books....  /puke

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

If you have gear on characters who exist on servers other than your main server and who you don't plan to keep, best to unload that into some vault in some town where you have space before the merger.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Great for the people that created a single char on all 3 servers and got 6x boss armor. Will all be merged so they can have a full set.
Congrats Daum! Stupidest thing ever. @GM_Dew @CM_Praballo

And then I didn't even mention they will get all their silver, horses etc. merged. People who play on only 1 server will be put at a -----ing HUGE disadvantage.

*Popular post, proves I'm not just a loner who feels this way. Daum/Kakao get your shit together ;)

Oh do shut up!!!  Some people just search for things to gripe about..... take a chill pill.   If you don't wanna abide by the rules of the people who developed this game, don't let the door hit you on the bum on the way out.  Try a little positivity instead of all your negative nancy chatter would ya.  Go sit in the corner and think about your attitude!!!  You are now on Santa's Naughty list and there ain't noooooo redeeming ya now!   :-P

Edited by Vindi

Posted

I asked this earlier and they said 2 of 36 channels. They will be monitoring horse races and can add more channels if it gets too popular/crowded.

:o Oh. You'd think they'd update their FAQ to reflect the question answered. Well...idk that seems like a bad idea...2 out of 36. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd just like some last minute clarification if I may, I understand warehouses merge, and I'm really just being OCD at this point, but all it does in the F&Q is talk about items, it doesn't mention raw silver, so I'm just asking to make 100% sure, that raw silver in the warehouse, will also merge? @GM_Dew 

Thankies.

Posted

Why isn't there an account page option to lock in the home server manually so people can avoid messing up if they want to?

Seems like it would be the go-to option to avoid weird last minute problems, and the "last server logged out of" would be the fallback for people that didn't specify or haven't logged in since

2 people like this

Posted

Another newbie question alert: Im putting all my items/money into one town storage(altinova) from both Uno and Edan, will all that still be there after merge?

Posted

Another newbie question alert: Im putting all my items/money into one town storage(altinova) from both Uno and Edan, will all that still be there after merge?

SHOULD BE

I'm gonna take screenshots of warehouses on all 3 servers because I don't trust this to go smooth, I recommend everyone does the same and double check everything merged successfully. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Still no words on bound pearl items/perks for the characters that are going to be deleted...

Posted

Painful to read all these posts carrying on about the people that chose to take advantage of an event they had a right to take advantage of.  Seems most people that are complaining simply didn't think to do it or just didn't care.  I didn't do it and I don't care. After that being said...what really is the benefit of doing it?  The market is already so flooded with the items from the events since they were so generous in giving them out.  I swear if I see one more so and so got Red Nose Armor in a notification on the top of my screen I am going to throw up!  The items being given out are endless so what are those players going to get from the excess of event items anyways? Gear for their other characters? People can't get rid of / sell what they have now. Some accessory lists in particular are page after page after page.  And for some reason people keep putting them up.  Does anyone look at the item already in MP to see how many are already there? Close to none of them are going to sell.

So the people that have all the items are going to - from what I can tell - have to sit on them for a very long time before they are gonna make any money off of them.  Do you think they will still be playing at that point ?

Posted (edited)

@CM_Praballo What happens to Pre orders that are already placed on the market? will that transfer over?

@@GM_Dew Anything on this?

Edited by Lily_Pendragon

Posted

How many hours to maintence anyway? So i know if its safe to play on any other server than my home one.

Posted

@GM_Dew @CM_Praballo  what will happen to our account time played- willl the time from the other servers be added or will it remain as is

Posted (edited)

Personally, I'm putting them in three separate towns and taking screen shots of my stuff in all three servers. If all goes smoothly, it shouldn't matter and you can put them in the same town, but I'm personally preparing for there to be some mess ups.

Edited by Thesis

Posted

I'd just like some last minute clarification if I may, I understand warehouses merge, and I'm really just being OCD at this point, but all it does in the F&Q is talk about items, it doesn't mention raw silver, so I'm just asking to make 100% sure, that raw silver in the warehouse, will also merge? @GM_Dew 

Thankies.

The silver should be merged as well.

Best regards,
GM Dew

2 people like this

Posted

Are we to expect the WP potions that can be bought in NPC to be implemented?

Posted (edited)

Alright to address this:

You will be getting a total of 12 slots not 18 i dont  know where that number came from

actually they have said you get the base 6 plus the number of extra slots you have purchased on each server. if you played on 2 servers with 2 chars on A and 6 chars on B (ie not purchased any slots) then after merge you will have 8 chars of which 2 are in locked slots. no?

From the FAQ, you are player 1 scenario.

• Player 1:
    ○ 6 character slots (default) on Server A
    ○ 6 character slots (default) on Server B
    ○ Will have a total of 6 character slots on the New World
Edited by Northerner