• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

FAQ - The New World

1,819 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If you really want to be angry, focus it at the hordes of people who cried and cried about a megasevrer to begin with. The playerbase had a sh*t fit and Kakao (Daum at the time) gave them what they asked for, multiple servers. The megaserver thing as we are getting in a couple days should have been that way from day 1.

The game really would not have been worth the price with a megaserver.  It is barely worth it as it is though the lowest tier cost dropping to $10 might just barely make it worth it (the game has FtP cash shop prices and everything so it makes little sense to put up a paywall to start with).

They are so incredibly cheap to only give six slots per server after having 18 across the three servers.  The megaserver will be so boring compared to the flexibility of three that I will spend far less time on BDO, and I think a lot of others will too for the same reason.

They let that situation drag on for the entire time the game was active with no comment on it whatsoever and then want to say "oh, my bad, time to take two thirds of your characters away and most of the flexibility too" and not expect people to feel betrayed by them?  Absolutely ridiculous. I am never going to buy a game by this backstabbing chickenshit outfit again. 

Edited by BC

Posted

@CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo When will node wars and sieges be re-enabled? Will we be able to participate in a node war the same day the merge ends?

Iu6mEl.png

Shouldn't the server up time for the west coast be 00:00 PST?

Posted (edited)

@GM_Dew
About duplicated knowledge, the highest rank will take precedent right? And what's the ranking order? C < B < A < S < A+ ?
Is A+ (orange) better than S (yellow) or the other way around? I've been deleting my S's and tried to get A+ :D

Also while we are at it, how do you delete knowledge of trade items that we got C's on so we can try to get A+?

S rank knowledge is better than A+.

Not all knowledge can be deleted.

What happens to boats? I have 6 in Heidle on my home server. Will they all get checked in and I can just take them all out again? They're all full of goodies lol

Yes, all boats will be automatically checked into the nearest Wharf.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Edited by GM_Dew

Posted

The game really would not have been worth the price with a megaserver.  It is barely worth it as it is though the lowest tier cost dropping to $10 might just barely make it worth it (the game has FtP cash shop prices and everything so it makes little sense to put up a paywall to start with).

They are so incredibly cheap to only give six slots per server after having 18 across the three servers.  The megaserver will be so boring compared to the flexibility of three that I will spend far less time on BDO, and I think a lot of others will too for the same reason.

They let that situation drag on for the entire time the game was active with no comment on it whatsoever and then want to say "oh, my bad, time to take two thirds of your characters away and most of the flexibility too" and not expect people to feel betrayed by them?  Absolutely ridiculous. I am never going to buy a game by this backstabbing chickenshit outfit again. 

Server merges are inevitable. I don't think I've played an MMO yet that didn't eventually merge servers. And how anyone has time to PLAY 3 servers I don't know. I barely manage it on one server, there are only so many hours in a day. Oh wait, nvm, I know how................................ smh

Posted

It is realy fun to see all those ''unprepared'' whiners lose their shit, behaving like children who didnt get the present they wanted and trowing tantrums.

DON'T be such sour humans by demanding you should be compensated for your own lack of foresight and common sense! just my 2cts.

1 person likes this

Posted

Shouldn't the update have begun by now?

Posted

Shouldn't the update have begun by now?

Read the maintenance announcement in the News & Announcement forum - it begins at 20 CET (in 4½ hours approximately) and will last for 13 hours.

Posted (edited)

3. What will happen to players with warehouses across multiple servers?

All warehouses will be merged based on region. Even if the total number of items a player keeps in storage exceeds 192 slots (which is the maximum capacity), each of the items that exceed the limit will be merged into the same Town's Warehouse. The items will show up in order of the time they were stored; the newest one first, and the oldest one last. As items are taken out of the warehouse, any items in the overflow slots will move into normal accessible slots.

You will not be able to put more items in your warehouse if it already has all available slots filled.

If you have expanded your warehouse on multiple servers and the combined slots would exceed 192 slots for a specific warehouse, you will be refunded the exact amount of pearls spent for those slots.

@GM_Dew

Does it also mean that warehouse Silver will be merged or is it item specific? :3

Edited by Erecon
1 person likes this

Posted

they didnt say anything about boss spawns but i saw people -----ing that they would only show up in 10 channels

anyone know about it?

@GM_Dew maybe you can squash the rumor that bosses will only spawn on 10 out of the 36 channels after the merge, god knows id appreciate knowing beforehand if its true

@GM_Dew

Posted (edited)

I have over 700 million tied up in investment banking, and i cant stop the workers in time. Please look into this so i dont lose the gold. The quote from the FAQ sais that the marketplace value of the items the workers carry will be returned in storage, however gold bars have no marketplace value. Please GMs look into this in time. I am attaching some links of 2 of my workers, a 400 mil one, and a 200 mil one as proof.

http://i.imgur.com/ZWSyGbC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MJc8uwT.jpg

I also bought pearls specifically for this, to buy furniture to get #1 rank house. @GM_Dew

Edited by AngEviL

Posted

They did say to stop workers 5 days in advance of the merge.   I'm sorry for your loss.

2 people like this

Posted

two hours til ragnarök

Posted

@GM_Dew Will the NA guilds be able to build after the maintenance this Thursday?

Posted

1. Question

If my Home-Server A have less Contribution Points, than a second server B. Could it happen that i end up with less Cobtribution Points i had on Server B after the merge?

Something like 150 on HomeServer, 310 on Server B.

2. Question

What will happen to Account Quests?

Poor guy, looks like your question got lost under all the tears and salt on this thread ;)  To answer your question:

15. What happens to contribution for players with characters across multiple servers?

If a player has characters across multiple servers, the last server you log into before the maintenance on November 30th will be designated as your “Home Server”. The Contribution Points from the Home Server are kept, and the Contribution Points from the rest of the servers are converted into Contribution EXP, and get merged into the Home Server.

Just to be clear this means, if Server A has 10 Contribution, and Server B has 10 Contribution, they will not simply just be added up to become 20.

Any contribution rental items on servers other than your Home one will be automatically removed and the Contribution Points will be refunded. Those points will then be converted in Contribution EXP and added to your Home Server.

Long story short, no matter which server becomes your "home-server" you will end up with the same amount of contribution points.  Let's call the amount of contribution on Server A value "x" and on server B vale "y".  x+y and y+x gives you the same value :)  Hope that answers your question.

1 person likes this

Posted

would be fun tho to have a decrease in the time to swap chanels... 15 minutes for 1 swap over 36 chanels... so much time wasted

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Server merges are inevitable. I don't think I've played an MMO yet that didn't eventually merge servers. And how anyone has time to PLAY 3 servers I don't know. I barely manage it on one server, there are only so many hours in a day. Oh wait, nvm, I know how................................ smh

Server merges are usually handled in a much better manner than this one, usually active character slots are simply added together or at least a compromise of some kind is offered.  With BDO it is worse since there is the paywall to even start the game which leaves people with a sadly low entertainment budget (not uncommon with the economy still not fully recovered) with severe draconian limitations on playability.

And the way to have a lot of characters on different servers is to not play the entire cast every day, and have some specialized ones "play" on their own by afk fishing or whatever.  Not everyone is a hardcore determined to play all their characters to the top end as quickly as possible.  Roleplayers often have characters that are played with certain other people or in certain situations which do not come up everyday, like I have one who I only played for a few hours on weekends because that was a group character and that group could only get together at that time.  I have another one (well, actually two, one on each of two servers) who is partnered with someone who only plays a few hours a few days a week and the only way to keep any consistency with that situation is to use that one only in the same sessions.  Too many game companies seem to have the stupid idea that all players are super-aggressive pimple faced no-lifes living in their parents basements with nothing to do all day but use one or two high level super equipped characters to gank everyone else.  

Edited by BC

Posted

That's not an exploit.

No that's not an exploit. Wish I would have had 1 alt on each server from the start. Would have around 8 more pets coming over and like 80k loyalty. + all the black spirit items and other event items. At least I was smart enough to make 1 alt this week to get all the past rewards in the mail. Will have like 45 gm blessings now.

Posted

@GM_Dew

What happens if you have pearl outfits on all your characters and you're forced to delete one because of ya'll not expanding character slots? Will I be refunded the pearls or somehow get the outfit/underwear/accessories unbound so they can be re-utilized on another character?

Posted

@GM_Dew

What happens if you have pearl outfits on all your characters and you're forced to delete one because of ya'll not expanding character slots? Will I be refunded the pearls or somehow get the outfit/underwear/accessories unbound so they can be re-utilized on another character?

They said earlier if you had duplicate or unusable pearl items to submit a ticket. 

Posted

@GM_Dew Rephrased question - Will NA guilds be able to build forts for node wars this Thursday (right after the maintenance), or will we have to wait 'till Sunday?

Posted

@GM_Dew Rephrased question - Will NA guilds be able to build forts for node wars this Thursday (right after the maintenance), or will we have to wait 'till Sunday?

She answered this in another thread Cat. Thinking it was the mega server thread.

The maintenance schedule has now been posted. You can find it here: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/274

Siege and nodewars will be reactivated again right after the maintenance.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted (edited)

Edited by FliesontheWall

Posted

They said earlier if you had duplicate or unusable pearl items to submit a ticket. 

They don't have it on the main FAQ, and I'm not digging through 72 pages to look for it. They should update the main FAQ with answers like that.

Posted (edited)

The maintenance schedule has now been posted. You can find it here: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/274

Please do send in a ticket in this case after the server merge.

Siege and nodewars will be reactivated again right after the maintenance.

Best regards,
GM Dew

what exactly do you meaen right after? Thats a bit of rough news with no real heads up for those of us that do our planning a week+ in advance. We all thought since we are missing half the node wars already they wouldnt start again till sunday >_>...

@GM_Dew @GM_Caramel

Edited by Cyber_Day

Posted

UPDATE: The character deletion timer of 10 minutes was not yet implemented, but will be during the maintenance of 7 December. So currently it is still a 24 hour deletion confirmation time.

Best regards,
GM Dew