• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Winter effects not implemented properly?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Have the winter effects been properly implemented? I ask because apart from a few light snow flurries and some foggy breath effects all I can see are Christmas decorations. Travelling between cities looks like summer to me. I've swapped channels and it's the same everywhere.

Looks like you took out the autumn effects and implemented the Christmas decorations rather than the winter pack?

Or is this it? Because if it is it's a bit poor.

Posted

I have the same problem no snow effects etc .

Posted

same here.

Posted

I have the same issue, people telling me its snowing and yet i havent seen anything except a few decorations

Posted

No snow for me either....Decorations are there tho.

I did got a patch after just relogging but nothing new is happening.

Posted

The snow is a weather effect, and therefor not constant. Sometimes it will snow for a little while in certain places of the map, just like how it will rain sometimes.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

Trees are still awfully green.  Logged into a toon in Olvia right now and tbh, it looks like the middle of a sunny summer day.  So snow falling would be a little weird. xD

No snow for me either....Decorations are there tho.

I did got a patch after just relogging but nothing new is happening.

Yea, I relogged and saw the patch too, so decided to see what it was for.  They haven't posted about what it was, that I can find.

Posted (edited)

The snow is a weather effect, and therefor not constant. Sometimes it will snow for a little while in certain places of the map, just like how it will rain sometimes.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Still that doesn't explain why the snow is falling upwards when you turn the camera angle around... xD
And the green grass shining through the snowy surface is rather disappointing tbh :/ 
PA could've done a better job if they altered the map instead of making it a weather effect. I mean cmon the tree structure design of Witch´s Chapel/Hexe Sanctuary would fit in for winter & mowing the lawn a bit.. 
¬¬ 

E: a possible fix may be to extend the duration of the snowy weathereffect period! adjust it to what it can be in reality, a few hours or a whole day. 

Edited by BloodyPleasure
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

While I can see rain falling when it does rain, I couldn't see the snow falling. I could see the "white" effect on the ground and a friend told me that he could see it, but no snowfall for me. What option should I turn on to see it falling in all its glory?

Edited by Elesthor

Posted

Best regards,
GM Dew

certain places of the map? I got snow in the desert yesterday evening. Maybe this is not the right place for snowing. Pls forward this to your dev team. Thank you.