• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can we just take a minute to appreciate the massive buff to grind speed for the Valk

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Jesus Christ its so much faster, the damage modifiers on the awakened skills is a massive jump in terms of pve. our mobility is awesome compare to what it was. and our utility kit for pve is pretty good, that aoe pull is so good.

I haven't even gotten my pve rotation down exact, but I can already notice a massive increase in clear speed.

I can dash up to a few different packs and use the aoe pull (S+F) to pull them into a pile and dash into them and just RMB burn them into the ground within a second and be off to the next pack

anyone that's having problems with PVE rotations, so far I found that

S+F>W+F>W+RMB>space>S+LMBx2 is looking pretty promising, and will normally clear most mobs out right now outside Valencia elites

anyone have any other combos for pve grinding?

3 people like this

Posted

Anytime you start to feel your combo slow down or lag off, you can hit space bar to speed yourself back up. Sometimes I like to start with S+F then W+F, S+E (celestial spear), Spacebar, W+Rmb. Other times i also find myself doing the same one you listed

2 people like this

Posted

Anytime you start to feel your combo slow down or lag off, you can hit space bar to speed yourself back up. Sometimes I like to start with S+F then W+F, S+E (celestial spear), Spacebar, W+Rmb. Other times i also find myself doing the same one you listed

I use +pve ap on w+rmb so I try to squeeze it in early on so the rest of the rotation is benfiting from the buff, but I rarely find mobs surviving past it

Posted

Andross I will name my firstborn after you if you update your awesome guide with the awakening skills and combos (and maybe gear)

Posted

Jesus Christ its so much faster, the damage modifiers on the awakened skills is a massive jump in terms of pve. our mobility is awesome compare to what it was. and our utility kit for pve is pretty good, that aoe pull is so good.

I haven't even gotten my pve rotation down exact, but I can already notice a massive increase in clear speed.

I can dash up to a few different packs and use the aoe pull (S+F) to pull them into a pile and dash into them and just RMB burn them into the ground within a second and be off to the next pack

anyone that's having problems with PVE rotations, so far I found that

S+F>W+F>W+RMB>space>S+LMBx2 is looking pretty promising, and will normally clear most mobs out right now outside Valencia elites

anyone have any other combos for pve grinding?

I will try this evening @pirates, my average was 2k bandanas x session when levelling up to 58 - before getting bored and logging an alt to gather/craft, meanwhile: I parked the +13 blue - waiting for some Artisan Memory Fueling piece - and switched to a more consistent DUO greenie.

If someone is selling a +15 or better dandy, send me a line ;) 

Posted

We were lied to. They always said Valk was bad. Koreans never played valk because it's bad. Then when it comes to NA. It's -----ing so good. >.>. Lesson learned never trust those Koreans.

1 person likes this

Posted

We were lied to. They always said Valk was bad. Koreans never played valk because it's bad. Then when it comes to NA. It's -----ing so good. >.>. Lesson learned never trust those Koreans.

its been out a day, our gear thresholds are no where near KR's. we were 1v1 kings pre +20, and look how that turned out. give it a while for the meta to stabilize and we'll see where we stand. I can tell you this though the skill cap for our class just through the roof

Posted (edited)

Yeah, wait until every other class has their awakenings, then we can compare lol.

Also... anyone feel like we are more tanky / can block more damage when holding awakening shield up?

Edited by Mountain Hound

Posted

Yeah, wait until every other class has their awakenings, then we can compare lol.

Also... anyone feel like we are more tanky / can block more damage when holding awakening shield up?

im pretty sure the shield durability is higher, I was able to sustain in guard for a hell of a lot longer than I normally was able to

1 person likes this

Posted

tbh I sat in arena all day yesterday and couldn't really tell :x. This could also be due to the fact that I was just bum-rushing everyone though and spamming all the skills xD;;;

2 people like this

Posted

tbh I sat in arena all day yesterday and couldn't really tell :x. This could also be due to the fact that I was just bum-rushing everyone though and spamming all the skills xD;;;

lol I did the same thing, although my favorite is waiting on the sideline while they all bunch up and jumping in and aoe pulling them all into a pile watching as chaos ensues

1 person likes this

Posted

its been out a day, our gear thresholds are no where near KR's. we were 1v1 kings pre +20, and look how that turned out. give it a while for the meta to stabilize and we'll see where we stand. I can tell you this though the skill cap for our class just through the roof

AGREED, OMG SUPER ARMOR ON w + f IS SOOOO -----ING GOOOD! wow I CAN ACTUALLY PUT MY SHIELD TO USE WHILE ATTACKING, WITHOUT RELYING ON JUST COUNTER :/ oops caps

1 person likes this

Posted

Awakened Valkyrie was never bad.

It's simply the morons on NA/EU that never played it and kept whining and meme'ing about the class being worthless.

4 people like this

Posted

I was grinding Sausans using non-awakening skills (still not comfortable with my awakened skills and I didn't even pick anything besides 1-2 skills) I get jumped by a Valkyrie using awakened skills; started to fight back using CS/SoJ and what have you while she was using awakening skills mostly. There was no chance, she ended up running away several times. No chance. But then again I'm a noob so I have no clue what was going on; maybe she was a horrible player.

Posted

lol I did the same thing, although my favorite is waiting on the sideline while they all bunch up and jumping in and aoe pulling them all into a pile watching as chaos ensues

Your evil knows no bounds. First the horses and now the Arena Junkies. What's next Fishing Carebears? (like me 9_9)

2 people like this

Posted

Your evil knows no bounds. First the horses and now the Arena Junkies. What's next Fishing Carebears? (like me 9_9)

its the small things that make this game so special to me :P

1 person likes this

Posted

I was grinding Sausans using non-awakening skills (still not comfortable with my awakened skills and I didn't even pick anything besides 1-2 skills) I get jumped by a Valkyrie using awakened skills; started to fight back using CS/SoJ and what have you while she was using awakening skills mostly. There was no chance, she ended up running away several times. No chance. But then again I'm a noob so I have no clue what was going on; maybe she was a horrible player.

Well I went into pvp spamming the buttons as a taster and got a few kills but wrecked 80% of the time due to not knowing wtf I was doing with it, I just wanted to use it!

Also, I dont care about the damage, we just look so leet jumping into 30 people.

Posted

So probably going to take my first crack @ PvE tonight. Anyone have any tips on what skills I should try using / what skill add-ons I should take? (I have a 1day cliff guide thingy from who knows where)

Posted

im low lvl (57), still need more lvls with awkening skills, but i didnt find S+LMB usefull, maybe im doing something wrong, but just span RMB looks better to me... i notice that no one is using the F... it bring more 20 AP for 10 secs, the problem  igot with that skill is that is explode and split the pack of monsters... i still didnt find when to use Verdict (Shift+RMB) to...

Posted

im low lvl (57), still need more lvls with awkening skills, but i didnt find S+LMB usefull, maybe im doing something wrong, but just span RMB looks better to me... i notice that no one is using the F... it bring more 20 AP for 10 secs, the problem  igot with that skill is that is explode and split the pack of monsters... i still didnt find when to use Verdict (Shift+RMB) to...

I was thinking the s+lmb would be more of a PvP thing. It does really dumb amounts of damage on targets that are downed, that being said most PvE monsters that can be knocked down are normally suuuuuuuper squish so they die easily more or less with other skills. Was thinking either the man leap of justice into holding RMB or shift+lmb>holding RMB would be decent in PvE.

Posted

use shift+rmb right after your 100%

Posted

Ive been having a hell of a time with spacebar (promptness), alot of times ill just jump in the air instead. The timing is very exact.

Posted

Ive been having a hell of a time with spacebar (promptness), alot of times ill just jump in the air instead. The timing is very exact.

The more you do it, the better you'll get at the timing, but it's amazing once you get it down. I'd practice by hitting S+Shift then space and keep doing that movement to practice the timing

Andross I will name my firstborn after you if you update your awesome guide with the awakening skills and combos (and maybe gear)

I'll have it done in a few days, i'm still trying to gear up :^)

1 person likes this

Posted

wts dandy box 

Posted

I use CS>space a lot to get the crit buff and pve AP (addon)