• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can we just take a minute to appreciate the massive buff to grind speed for the Valk

59 posts in this topic

Posted

wts dandy box 

If on Jordine drop me a PM; I've got 800mil pre-order reserved on a Lancia.

Posted

Tested the awakening a little bit on the first day before breaking my dandy. 

The feel is just right for me, the heavyness yet the bursty quickness gives just the right amount of awe inspire as our class as the holy knight should give out. 
I just hope it's as fun to play against players with. Skills felt to run together very smoothly along with our previous kit. Having tested Ranger awakening prior to this which was amazingly boring to me I have to say Valk awakening really delivered on my personal enjoyment of the game after the long wait since seeing the KR release.

Posted

The more you do it, the better you'll get at the timing, but it's amazing once you get it down. I'd practice by hitting S+Shift then space and keep doing that movement to practice the timing

I'll have it done in a few days, i'm still trying to gear up :^)

My girlfriend is actually expecting a child, so I'll start working on convincing her on naming our firstborn Andross :D. Wish me luck!

Posted

First effort this morning with some grinding and mostly good fun - I like it a hell of lot more than I thought I would and it looks damn cool leaping into the air and mashing the crap out of things!!

CS into forward dash is very nice indeed :)

Posted

We were lied to. They always said Valk was bad. Koreans never played valk because it's bad. Then when it comes to NA. It's -----ing so good. >.>. Lesson learned never trust those Koreans.

Who are "they"? Nobody with half a brain from korean version said valks are bad, only some of the "youtube/twitch video experts" on these forums did. Then someone who actually played korea usually corrected them and said valks are good when played right in each thread, to calm noobs down from valks cry.

Most of those who said valk awakening is bad are those who never played valk awakening...

2 people like this

Posted

And now compare to other classes awakenings. Be happy, after 6 months you can effective grind on walk, but for PvP it is same shit as was before.

Posted

AGREED, OMG SUPER ARMOR ON w + f IS SOOOO -----ING GOOOD! wow I CAN ACTUALLY PUT MY SHIELD TO USE WHILE ATTACKING, WITHOUT RELYING ON JUST COUNTER :/ oops caps

shield to use without attacking :o?

Posted

shield to use without attacking :o?

huh?

Posted

We were lied to. They always said Valk was bad. Koreans never played valk because it's bad. Then when it comes to NA. It's -----ing so good. >.>. Lesson learned never trust those Koreans.

I hope you're joking

Who are "they"? Nobody with half a brain from korean version said valks are bad, only some of the "youtube/twitch video experts" on these forums did. Then someone who actually played korea usually corrected them and said valks are good when played right in each thread, to calm noobs down from valks cry.

Most of those who said valk awakening is bad are those who never played valk awakening...

Afkalmighty is a pretty nice KR valk. He's been playing her for awhile. I heavily doubt hes the only one

Posted

Yes, valk's awakening is so bad.

image.jpeg

Posted

Valk is decent overall, not bad, but not that great either when you compare her damage and speed to certain other classes. But her PvE and fun factor is through the roof. The video will explain why valk's not top in KR - "too clunky".

Posted (edited)

I'm about to head out to Pirates for the weekend to test things out. Going to suck ass at killing stuff because I don't know my abilities or rotations, but I'll figure it out. Hope to experience the big difference in clear time.

Edit: After doing 1 session, I notice I'm definitely killing shit faster. I didn't think I filled my inventory any faster though than I normally do which probably just comes down to me still not really knowing what I am doing, lol. What the hell does the space ability even do? I have no idea.

Edited by Airwave101
2 people like this

Posted

Anytime you start to feel your combo slow down or lag off, you can hit space bar to speed yourself back up. Sometimes I like to start with S+F then W+F, S+E (celestial spear), Spacebar, W+Rmb. Other times i also find myself doing the same one you listed

A guildie pointed this out to me, Celestial Spear into Blitz Stab makes no sense because Blitz Stab is already 100% crit. So its better to do something like S+LMB (Castigatio) after Celestial Spear, and then maybe a second move like S+RMB (Terra Sancta) while the crit buff is still active. THEN end it with W+RMB (Blitz Stab).

Edit: After doing 1 session, I notice I'm definitely killing shit faster. I didn't think I filled my inventory any faster though than I normally do which probably just comes down to me still not really knowing what I am doing, lol. What the hell does the space ability even do? I have no idea.

Space bar (Promptness) is something youll be doing alot of inbetween attacks, to regain a bit of SP, to gap close inbetween attacks, and also to switch from sword to lance - for example:

S+F - SPACE - Celestial Spear - SPACE - S+LMB - SPACE - W+RMB - SPACE etc etc etc etc. Youll be using it constantly so i suggest getting a skill add on for Promptness (casting speed + accuracy). Youll be able to keep those add-on buffs up even when Promptness is on cooldown.

Posted

Yes, valk's awakening is so bad.

image.jpeg

what armor is that?

Posted

Valk is indeed not bad, in fact there really isnt any class that is bad per say. Even the crybaby Wizards/Witches are immensely powerful in sieges and large scale pvp. However, there is a clear top 3 - Ranger, Warrior, Sorc. And there is a definite mid-tier: Valk, Tamer, Maehwa, Ninja. If anything our class is the hardmode version of a Warrior (according to Sj Y the youtube guy, Warrior is easy mode, and id agree!).

Before awakenings id nearly fall out of my chair if i was able to kill a Musa/Maehwa/Tamer/Zerker/Warrior, because all theyd have to do is disengage, run away, reheal to full, and try again. This doesnt mean Valk is bad, it just means Valk is a different playstyle (if someone runs from you consider it a WIN). Valk has a high learning curve with no I-win-button. We dont have a Violation into Grim Reapers Judgement nor do we have a Grab Chain.

I think people can be overly dramatic. Our awakening is great, but certainly not the best, and definitely not the worst. Skilled gameplay only.

2 people like this

Posted

A guildie pointed this out to me, Celestial Spear into Blitz Stab makes no sense because Blitz Stab is already 100% crit. So its better to do something like S+LMB (Castigatio) after Celestial Spear, and then maybe a second move like S+RMB (Terra Sancta) while the crit buff is still active. THEN end it with W+RMB (Blitz Stab).

Space bar (Promptness) is something youll be doing alot of inbetween attacks, to regain a bit of SP, to gap close inbetween attacks, and also to switch from sword to lance - for example:

S+F - SPACE - Celestial Spear - SPACE - S+LMB - SPACE - W+RMB - SPACE etc etc etc etc. Youll be using it constantly so i suggest getting a skill add on for Promptness (casting speed + accuracy). Youll be able to keep those add-on buffs up even when Promptness is on cooldown.

Thanks for the advice. So it's basically an additional attack in-between abilities it sounds like? I'll definitely pick up an add-on when I get back from Pirates since I had no idea which ones would be useful. 

Also another question is should I lock the skill of shift + A or D because it keeps knocking me out of Lancia and it is annoying lol.

Posted (edited)

Valk is indeed not bad, in fact there really isnt any class that is bad per say. Even the crybaby Wizards/Witches are immensely powerful in sieges and large scale pvp. However, there is a clear top 3 - Ranger, Warrior, Sorc. And there is a definite mid-tier: Valk, Tamer, Maehwa, Ninja. If anything our class is the hardmode version of a Warrior (according to Sj Y the youtube guy, Warrior is easy mode, and id agree!).

Before awakenings id nearly fall out of my chair if i was able to kill a Musa/Maehwa/Tamer/Zerker/Warrior, because all theyd have to do is disengage, run away, reheal to full, and try again. This doesnt mean Valk is bad, it just means Valk is a different playstyle (if someone runs from you consider it a WIN). Valk has a high learning curve with no I-win-button. We dont have a Violation into Grim Reapers Judgement nor do we have a Grab Chain.

I think people can be overly dramatic. Our awakening is great, but certainly not the best, and definitely not the worst. Skilled gameplay only.

This. Lance requires you to be freaking fast on the keyboard, basically using animation canceling for every single skill. We now have a really good snd wide toolkit, only experience, good reflexes and muscle memory can make it shine.

And it's also great that we are now faster than any other class but warrior/zerk on short distances until we run out of stamina, i now catch those escaping rangers with dash cancel into Hastiludium/spear.

what armor is that?

Jarette's Armor. I use it to cap 5 cast speed with full boss gear

Edited by Aunatar
1 person likes this

Posted

This. Lance requires you to be freaking fast on the keyboard, basically using animation canceling for every single skill. We now have a really good snd wide toolkit, only experience, good reflexes and muscle memory can make it shine.

And it's also great that we are now faster than any other class but warrior/zerk on short distances until we run out of stamina, i now catch those escaping rangers with dash cancel into Hastiludium/spear.

Jarette's Armor. I use it to cap 5 cast speed with full boss gear

can you post a vid of you pvping? also whats your ap/dp

Posted

can you post a vid of you pvping? also whats your ap/dp

I will once i git gud :3

Gear Pic.JPG

Posted

Might give it a test drive, I miss my valk.

jeff-goldblum-fix.jpg

Posted

Meh.. Faster than Non-Awakening. meh.. alil bit but cost 10X the Sp...can i kill people who try to take over spot? Nope... Weak Skills.. still not great in PvE Though.. Buff Valk...

Posted

Meh.. Faster than Non-Awakening. meh.. alil bit but cost 10X the Sp...can i kill people who try to take over spot? Nope... Weak Skills.. still not great in PvE Though.. Buff Valk...

Id post a video of my 208 ap valk 1 shotting groups of mobs, and then going into the arena and 1 shotting a Ranger, but youre a hater, and a hater is someone you cant make happy, they are unhappyable.

1 person likes this

Posted

Valk is decent overall, not bad, but not that great either when you compare her damage and speed to certain other classes. But her PvE and fun factor is through the roof. The video will explain why valk's not top in KR - "too clunky".

And here comes another "youtube expert". 

In good hands, a valk with awakening will be really strong. Stop searching for average players on youtube, because then you will find....an average valk!

Posted

And here comes another "youtube expert". 

In good hands, a valk with awakening will be really strong. Stop searching for average players on youtube, because then you will find....an average valk!

Agreed! AFKAlmighty is definitely not a expert on Valk, just a casual player that does vids in english.

Posted

Some of you fckers are idiots. Just cuz you got awakening, you wanna forget that pre-awakening made this class shit. And guess what...Its still shit. I bet 90% of you fckers aren't even gonna look for even better combos, you'll just stick to the quick burst combos like your predecessors. Copying each other's builds like it'll save you life or something...play the damn class well enough, find those bugs in skills (some very obvious if you actually play the class more than just a few mins). I've already met valks who don't even know what their skills do.

Anyone with enough AP can kill shit. Grow some fcking backbone and teach me something new. gtfo here with all that bull.