• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New World - Megathread

790 posts in this topic

Posted

KR handled it the same way not much of a surprise. Why would they make an exception for NA/EU? jaja Should have just spent the extra five minutes to claim stuff. 

You probably don't know how f*** KR economy is.

Posted (edited)

KR handled it the same way not much of a surprise. Why would they make an exception for NA/EU? jaja Should have just spent the extra five minutes to claim stuff. 

And KR had the same amout of free shit merged ? Haha. Nope.

Edited by Raekwon333

Posted

And KR had the same amout of free shit merged ? Haha.

They didn't,as far as i remember.

When i used to play on KR (I started 2 weeks before Valencia 1,released in august 2015,i think...),they already had a mega server (i never saw any event giving boss gear until 2016).

Posted

And KR had the same amout of free shit merged ? Haha. Nope.

MORE than this, in KR if you had 200 CP in main account and 100 in each of the other you would end with 400, so imagine with 300 in each... 900CPs.

Number of characters additive without a maximum, so if you had 6 in each you got 18. Here max is 12, after 12 rest non usable and if you have 8 slots now you can get 12 after merge, but you won't be able to create new characters, and would need to delete till you have 7 then create a new one... Getting tired of writing the same shit over and over cause people don't read.

And they had Valk's cry and 1 year+ of events and loyalty to multiply...

Posted

I disagree with you mate, Daum/Kakao has made some very strange decisions that have never been seen before in other MMO's. To take one example: the scrolls bosses reward boxes.

People stockpiled these in the hope that when boss armor would be added in the Mediah patch, those old boxes would have a chance of dropping them. There's not a single mmo I have played in which reward boxes already obtained were changed by a future update. The usual case would be: Old reward box has id:xxx and loot-table xxx. New scroll bosses now drop new reward box with id:yyy and loot-table yy

This isn't even remotely the same thing. Nothing is getting enabled here. Those rewards accrued when the servers were separate. The merge doesn't suddenly negate that.  That has nothing to do with the players legitimately obtaining them.

And even if we look at your example, that is still on the part of the company. They basically had the boss loot overlay disabled. Then when they wanted it live, they enabled the code for it. That's it. Now, one could argue their ignorance for not really knowing what's in their patches, but to me, that's just their incompetence on the matter.

Posted

We do my friend. Especially as customers. Imagine if we didn't complain about the RN box. They could've just said: "The chance was 99.99999% that you got Red Nose, so deal with it". I'm feeling the same right now basically

This might be hard for you to understand but, there is a difference between criticism and complaining.
Both of them are generally things few want to hear, but only one of them pertains to the sorry sob blabbing about it.

Posted

MORE than this, in KR if you had 200 CP in main account and 100 in each of the other you would end with 400, so imagine with 300 in each... 900CPs.
Number of characters additive without a maximum, so if you had 6 in each you got 18. Here max is 12, after 12 rest non usable and if you have 8 slots now you can get 12 after merge, but you won't be able to create new characters, and would need to delete till you have 7 then create a new one... Getting tired of writing the same shit over and over cause people don't read.

And they had Valk's cry and 1 year+ of events and loyalty to multiply...

The bare fact of them not having insider info about that shit nulified half of what you have said lmao.

You wanna them handle it like Korean shit ? Where is Valks ? Where is Kamasylve's ? Where the freaking Kuno Ninja fix ? Why this shit isn't f2p yet.

Posted

I mean to avoid any further discussion, simple as, if you have characters on two servers you get two accounts.

7 people like this

Posted

calm down

Posted

Never said its an exploit, nor was I accusing any player here, however its still abusing of something.

To put it this way, the huge majority of players are in guilds, you cant create an alt and contest a node and make lots of shekels out of it, probably why each and every of your character ends up in the same guild as the one you joined it with. Inbefore 2nd account, thats not how this is meant to be played either because KR accounts are tied to their personal SSN and KR never saw the merge coming.

Therefore while it is "regular" game play, contesting nodes on a 2nd server is definetly not how this game was meant to be played, still not an exploit, but something. And if overlooked will create a huge dent into the balance of community. People were b*tching about the obvious sharp/hard exploiters that had mad gear cause of it, but all Kakao is doing here is creating the same situation.

Which in the end really makes you think if Kakao actually cares about the game balance at all.

This doesn't abuse anything. What if the servers didn't merge? Then the players who obtained the rewards would still have obtained them on their respective servers. Once the merge happens, there won't be separate servers. They are choosing to not piddle with pilfering through legitimately obtained items and simply merging inventory. I'm not defending the company. The company has proven they are about that buck, which all of them are, of course, they are just more frank about it. Why you thought they cared in the first place is amusing. FFS, the awakening stagger from 'releasing all at once to avoid game imbalance' should have been the icing on the cake for most. Still there are some that defend the company for that. It's stupid. But that's not who I'm arguing for.

Posted (edited)

The bare fact of them not having insider info about that shit nulified half of what you have said lmao.

You wanna them handle it like Korean shit ? Where is Valks ? Where is Kamasylve's ? Where the freacking Kuno Ninja fix ? Why this shit isn't f2p yet.

http://www.blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/06/26/server-merge-faq/

Since 26 June online and don't have any insider info from KR... I did not find about getting loyalty in each server with this, i found it myself when i rerolled mooonths ago.

Next excuse?

Edited by crosspath

Posted

http://www.blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/06/26/server-merge-faq/

Since 26 June online... And i did not found about getting loyalty in each server with this, i found it myself when i rerolled mooonths ago.

Next excuse?

And? Excuse lol ? I ve got my stuff buddy, my point is that it wasn't the same as it was on Korea lmao.

Posted

I mean to avoid any further discussion, simple as, if you have characters on two servers you get two accounts.

there would be a family name issue, but as improbable as it sounds, it would be the fairest.

Posted

And? Excuse lol ? I ve got my stuff buddy, my point is that it wasn't the same as it was on Korea lmao.

My point is that information was everywhere and now just people crying cause they did not want to spend some time on it. There were even topics here on the forums about merges, in youtube videos, in twitch streams... So was not a secret at all.

But their main point is that if they can't benefit no one should be able to benefit... Break your television cause i don't own one, you should not be able to enjoy if i don't. Nothing new under the sun.

Posted

so which class is the easiest to gear and grind with? im thinking wizard/witch

Posted

Thats most brilliant idea ever

Posted

Guys, get over it, they also made a megathread anouncing the Pearl to Marketplace items, and for the introduciton of value pack iirc. Feedback was very negative by the majority of people, and yet they did nothing, so nothing we can do, just deal with it huehuehuehue.

PS: I play on only one server.

Posted

Guys, get over it, they also made a megathread anouncing the Pearl to Marketplace items, and for the introduciton of value pack iirc. Feedback was very negative by the majority of people, and yet they did nothing, so nothing we can do, just deal with it huehuehuehue.

PS: I play on only one server.

A business decision that makes them money isn't comparable to this.

Posted

A server that does not exist yet. So getting rewards on each individual server doesn't suddenly negate items simply because they are merging. The players aren't getting anything they didn't already have access to prior to the merge. They still had the same ability to gather rewards on each server, separately. Those characters still retain the rewards they earned on each of those servers under those stipulations for those events at that time. Again, they aren't getting anything in addition to after the fact. This is stuff they earned while the current region is split. You can claim it's advantageous all you want, and if that's how you feel, that's fine too, but there's no unfair play here. Forcing people to delete or lose items from those servers because other people are upset about it would be.
I

Characters who do not have access to the rewards pre-merge will be gaining the rewards post-merge. Don't pretend there are advantageous when there clearly are. 

How about require people to use the items before the merge? Items that are reward-based. Blessings, XP scrolls etc... If they truly play those characters, then use the items that those characters were rewarded. Or make the items "linked" to those characters so they can't be used by other characters once the server merge happens.

Posted

I play on all 3 servers have lvl 50s+  on all 3 servers and it would appear ill have to delete many of my fs alts  ......  so there are quite some questions that need answering about those 12 slots and buyable slots and shizzle   ........... 

Posted

Huehuehue, i got character on only 1 server, and i know how retarded this suggestion is lol

Posted (edited)

Never said its an exploit, nor was I accusing any player here, however its still abusing of something.

To put it this way, the huge majority of players are in guilds, you cant create an alt and contest a node and make lots of shekels out of it, probably why each and every of your character ends up in the same guild as the one you joined it with. Inbefore 2nd account, thats not how this is meant to be played either because KR accounts are tied to their personal SSN and KR never saw the merge coming.

Therefore while it is "regular" game play, contesting nodes on a 2nd server is definetly not how this game was meant to be played, still not an exploit, but something. And if overlooked will create a huge dent into the balance of community. People were b*tching about the obvious sharp/hard exploiters that had mad gear cause of it, but all Kakao is doing here is creating the same situation.

Which in the end really makes you think if Kakao actually cares about the game balance at all.

They do not, it's just a matter of time when it ll become f2p and we will have all the korean stuff like kamesylves and valks, since they just can't implement what's needed, but somehow copy every major ----- up from Korea.

Edited by Raekwon333

Posted

Characters who do not have access to the rewards pre-merge will be gaining the rewards post-merge. Don't pretend there are advantageous when there clearly are. 

How about require people to use the items before the merge? Items that are reward-based. Blessings, XP scrolls etc... If they truly play those characters, then use the items that those characters were rewarded. Or make the items "linked" to those characters so they can't be used by other characters once the server merge happens.

you all say that we got those rewards by doing nothing. But look at what doing nothing got you.

As someone said earlier is it worth to waste my main's time? You answered "no" to this question and you were wrong. The no information argument is not relevant, there were advices for doing this every time the merge topic came up, and for every event with meaningful rewards. People who answered "yes" to this didn't know if there would be a merge, and if there was, how the item would be dispatched, yet they "wasted" their main's time.

Also, some people genuinely wanted an opportunity to play on different servers for differents social contexts/ account progression and may lose characters with pearl item on them, bought or not in the AH.

Posted

Game is dying, thus server merge. If they take away more candy from the player base, then even server merge can't save this.

Posted

make players pick 1 main server to merge don't let them keep 3xattandence rewards , that is seriously disgusting.

2 people like this