• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New World - Megathread

790 posts in this topic

Posted

intended doesn't mean it is right or not. Developers can be wrong about a mechanic being far/balanced, or abused.

People are calling it an exploit. You can kill a player 10 levels lower than you. Is that right? I wouldn't bother because that is no challenge to me, however you cannot ask for the player to be punished for performing an intended mechanism in the game.

Posted

People are calling it an exploit. You can kill a player 10 levels lower than you. Is that right? I wouldn't bother because that is no challenge to me, however you cannot ask for the player to be punished for performing an intended mechanism in the game.

i really have to laugh about all those people creating 10 chars right now because they want boss gear for free ... for me thats not the reason why i play BDO ... i want to get rewarded for my perfomance 

i do not blame anyone for that ... and i do not whine because i didnt do this. I Just see 0 Challenge by doing so ... same as killing lvl 10´s xD 

I do not call this a exploit :D but dudes ... wanna look at the char creation dates past few days? and i regret saying u did that because of a challenge :D 

It is finally everyones personal Choice, if u do this to yourself ... or not 

Cow out :D 

1 person likes this

Posted

How would they be punished if account got split into three they still get to keep their "hard earned" rewards and the system doesn't get abused. 

1 person likes this

Posted

No one is calling for punishment, because if any exploit should be punished and or rolled back or not, THAT is up to the dev's to decide, and should be decided depending on the severeness of the exploit, sadly its usually decided depending on how many players used it.

But the dev's cant just reinvent the term exploiting and call certain things not exploits when they are, unless they clearly state that it was intended all along to get 3x event, attendance rewards and loyalties on one server.

Keep all your 3x rewards and loyalties for all i care, also I don't think it should be punished or changed, but stop justifying it with "the way it was intended", "i was just beeing smart" or "everyone could have done it" and just call it what it is. YOU ARE EXPLOITERS. period.

1 person likes this

Posted

they should give every player 3x the amount of loyalty points (max amount possible / like if the had characters on all servers) and give all players who only have characters on 1 server X Amount of free boss gear boxes … 

Posted (edited)

Now this latest PR disaster, I unfortunately feel, will hurt the game's population even further, but this time it will hurt the NEW players more than the older players, which I feel is much worse.

Now, I don't want to take anything away from those that researched and prepared and benefited. But I feel there are other solutions that may help bridge the divide. 

Perhaps another event allowing those who didn't collect on other servers the opportunity to do so? I feel this would be doable seeing as how the boss armor box situation was done.

So please, Dew, and others, it's not too late, there is obviously more than a substantial portion of the population that is upset about this. There is obviously still time left to do something about it. There are obviously fair solutions that can be found.

Precisely this.

Right or Wrong, good or bad, the way this is being handled is alienating and dividing large sections of the playerbase.

Nothing need be taken from those who chose to take advantage of the situation - this need not concern them at all.

But it will further harm the game to alienate the remaining players - who made their choices based on official responses that there would be no server merge, nor was one planned.

In order to minimise harm, and placate players who feel they've missed out thru no fault of their own, it would seem wise to offer some way for them to gain at least some of the missed rewards prior to the merge.

(Boss boxes appear to be easily tracked, so perhaps it might be appropriate to offer an opportunity for those who haven't yet received or opened boss box rewards, to now do so?)

This takes nothing from anybody, but would help reduce the inevitable yet unnecessary fallout.

Edited by Caedere

Posted

You'd think, if they didn't want this outcome, they'd have changed the way they conducted the server merge here compared with what was done in Korea. As they've already conducted merges there (and Japan), using this method, you must conclude that this is intentional.

Whether you like it or not is another matter, but it is undeniably the intendend outcome.

You really have no clue what constitutes an exploit.

Kakao are already stating in their FAQ it is not an exploit.

Players like the two of you are nothing more than lemmings. Something isn't right or wrong solely because the powers that be say so. I guess if Kakao told you water wasn't wet you'd believe them. If your government makes slavery legal I bet you'd defend buying slaves too. The government says it's ok, so it must be... LOL.

See how just because a rule says something is ok, doesn't actually make it ok???

1 person likes this

Posted

Players like the two of you are nothing more than lemmings. Something isn't right or wrong solely because the powers that be say so. I guess if Kakao told you water wasn't wet you'd believe them. If your government makes slavery legal I bet you'd defend buying slaves too. The government says it's ok, so it must be... LOL.

See how just because a rule says something is ok, doesn't actually make it ok???

who gives a crap if it's right or wrong, it's officially tolerated. Suck it up.

Posted

Has anyone asked - if you have an item posted or sale completed but not yet collected on the marketplace in an alt server. Will that item on marketplace transfer to main account marketplace? What if there are already the max 30 items listed on main? Also if you have say have a large item worth 100million on an alt server that sold and you don't have a value pack on said alt server. Can u wait to collect on main server where u have a value pack or do you need to collect it on the alt server before merge? I had this situation pop up and just bought a daily value pack with loyalty and collected the silver. Just wondering if I wasted some loyalty and offer help if others come across this specific circumstance...

Posted

who gives a crap if it's right or wrong, it's officially tolerated. Suck it up.

Image result for that went right over your head

Posted

yeah i was nice enough to not mock you on your comparisons.
Slavery didn't pop into the world because of a game designer decision. But whatever.
You are just mistaken "having strong principles" with "being butthurt".

Posted

Will items from inventory of the characters inaccessible after merge be somehow accessible?
same applies to items characters on another server are currently wearing.

In other words, do I need to put everything into warehouse for it to be merged or will I be able to access them somehow?

Eg. There are 6 characters level 50 on server A with max slot number of 6.
Characters on server B are level 5-30 with items in the inventory and equipped gears.

Will they be accessible after the merge or does everything need to be in the warehouse?

Posted

Nothing is free in life, People earned what they got, It happened on all other regions across the globe, People spent hours to achieve what they did extra, they used there electricity, there computer, valuable time that could of net the same/similar income just from the fact there workers could of been producing there much needed materials on main server. Its unfair to remove someones efforts, no matter what at the end of the day a lot of people did and a lot didn't get stuff. 

I for example have just done the past two events, (Not the boss gear one) I could not care less about it to be honest, I did the ones I wished to do, I afk 5h a day for a chance at something good while afk fishing on other servers and guess what, I earned everything I got, and if they would remove that from me (and others who got more or less then me) its just totally unfair, other regions around the globe got the same, why would we have to have it any different? 

2 people like this

Posted

Slavery didn't pop into the world because of a game designer decision. But whatever.

It came from the people in charge who make those decisions. Just like Pearl Abyss/Kakao. Hence the obvious comparison. Justifying the server merge solely on the fact it's within the rules justifies the other for the same reason. Do you understand now?

You are just mistaken "having strong principles" with "being butthurt".

Your incorrect assumptions are meaningless here. I'm not butthurt. How can i be when i no longer play the game? Which means i have no personal stake in this games future. Thus i'm far more impartial than yourself.

Posted

I think the next box they give us should have a chance to win Tissue Paper (seems like a lot of people need it)

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not sure if they mentioned anything about the items being transported from one city to another?
What happens if they're still under transport during merge?
What happens if the items being transported on all servers exceed the transport limit during merge?

Posted

I believe it's the same as they stated about having workers out 

You should complete all tasks before merge

Posted

ability to put things in context is also helpful in this world. For a tiny mechanic part of a game server merge, this is ok. if Kakao said water isn't wet, I'd wait for people from the psychiatric ward to come get them. if my government started talking about slavery in this modern age,I'd be on the frontlines protesting and making sure those incompetent people were never in power again. Apparently people in the US don't share those sentiments seeing how they just elected Trump. But regardless, digression aside, my comment was about a blatant exploit (the shovels) vs this server merge mechanic which is nothing like exploiting a bug.

Posted

it's not about right or wrong, it's about design choices.

Nothing happens in a game unless someone writes the code to make it happen: if, in previous merges, the code has been written such that warehouses were combined - instead of being deleted, or auto-sold, or sorted so that only one of any item transferred over or whatever - then it has been a conscious decision to write the code like that.

A development team has sat down and decided 'we want to do it this way': ie, conscious choice, ie, the outcome they wanted - which was my whole point. You could argue 'it was the wrong decision', sure (I wouldn't agree, but you could argue it) - but you cannot argue that they didn't want this outcome when they created the code to make the merges happen this way.

1 person likes this

Posted

ability to put things in context is also helpful in this world.

But regardless, digression aside, my comment was about a blatant exploit (the shovels) vs this server merge mechanic which is nothing like exploiting a bug.

I'm not sure what context has to do with this. How severe you feel each situation is and your reaction to each is based on your opinion. Feeling one bad act is worse than another bad act doesn't make the second good. Those two things you think are nothing like each other, shoveling and server merge, is also an opinion. One not everyone shares. 

What is not opinion is stating that one situation is different than another (right vs wrong, non-exploit vs exploit) based solely on the fact it is allowed within the rules. I gave an example of something that isn't right but is allowed within the rules. Proving the argument trying to justify the server merge, because it's allowed within the rules, to be incorrect.

When discussing these topics it helps to eliminate these justifications even if it's one at a time. I just wish after they were proven incorrect people actually stopped using them. :(

You could argue 'it was the wrong decision', sure (I wouldn't agree, but you could argue it) - but you cannot argue that they didn't want this outcome when they created the code to make the merges happen this way.

I wasn't arguing Kakao/PA didn't want this outcome. I'm completely aware of the choice they made even if i don't know their reasons for doing so. Just like you don't know what is 'undeniably the intended outcome' as you claim. The fact Kakao/PA are merging severs in this manner does not mean their intention was to have players funnel wealth across servers.

There are such things as unintended side effects. Knowing about the side effects and making the same decision doesn't mean those side effects were intended either. There are any number of reasons a decision is made that leaves unintended side effects, negative or otherwise. Cost and infrastructure to name just two.

So in the end, Kakao/PA's decision not to punish players for exploiting the server merge, and to allow players to gain from the merge says absolutely nothing about their intentions. My opinion... is Kakao/PA doesn't give a f-ck. They took the easy route using their previous methods for our version while ignoring the fact players had previous knowledge of the impending server merge.

Posted

Update regarding your concerns about duplicate event items

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their feedback.

We have investigated some data to see how many players are in fact affected by this, and found out that the amount of people that really actively did play on multiple servers far outweighs the amount of people that only logged into multiple servers to claim event rewards.

As a result of this, we have decided to stand by our original decision, and warehouses from different servers will still be merged. We cannot punish a very big group of players that really spent time playing on different servers and take their items away, just because of a very small minority of players.

Please keep in mind that what this small minority of players did is not an exploit, and cannot be compared to what happened with the Shovel exploiters. We definitely understand your concerns of it being unfair to other players that did not take this chance, but as simply logging into multiple servers and participating in events was never an exploit, we can not punish these players for it either.

If in the future you are ever unsure about whether something is an exploit or not, please do contact our support and just ask us.

Best regards,
GM Dew

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Update regarding your concerns about duplicate event items

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their feedback.

We have investigated some data to see how many players are in fact affected by this, and found out that the amount of people that really actively did play on multiple servers far outweighs the amount of people that only logged into multiple servers to claim event rewards.

As a result of this, we have decided to stand by our original decision, and warehouses from different servers will still be merged. We cannot punish a very big group of players that really spent time playing on different servers and take their items away, just because of a very small minority of players.

Please keep in mind that what this small minority of players did is not an exploit, and cannot be compared to what happened with the Shovel exploiters. We definitely understand your concerns of it being unfair to other players that did not take this chance, but as simply logging into multiple servers and participating in events was never an exploit, we can not punish these players for it either.

If in the future you are ever unsure about whether something is an exploit or not, please do contact our support and just ask us.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Easy mode

Its still exploiting by abusing a mechanic.

Edited by N0tl0c
3 people like this

Posted

How would they be punished if account got split into three they still get to keep their "hard earned" rewards and the system doesn't get abused. 

I would call splitting the account a punishment. You have any idea how long it took some of us to come up with a family name we like? I know I did. Now how about exiting the game and reopening the launcher and the long load to the menu to select your character every time you want to switch characters. What's worse about this second one more along the lines of torture because this isn't a one time punishment but a continuous ongoing suffering.

You're going to have to contact over all your friends and let them re-friend you on your new account, take up an additional 2 slots in your guild roster, etc.

Then there's the unintended consequences of your suggestion. People now have 2 free legitimate accounts they can use to spy on other guilds for Node Wars. Think about that for a second. I got Discord or TeamSpeak open on my laptop listening in on all the happenings and relaying that to my guild. I know exactly where the fort is located BEFORE the war starts. You have any idea the chaos this would cause?

I love logical thinking and rational people, so I'd like to answer your questions. What is an exploit? The actions of the people did?

If yes, then I believe their behavior is exploitative if and only if they intentionally did create multiple characters in different servers in order to gain from the merge, and it is by the very definition of the word (Google, Cambridge).

The merge by itself, like the shoveling in the desert of course isn't an exploit. They are mechanics of the game which usually can't be exploited by themselves. They can be exploited if combined with other mechanics of the game: See here my other post for more info

If that covers you, check the rest of my comment.

******************** Skip ********************

5: What was unintended? Company's current decision to merge multiple items that are limited per server into one server? I don't know. Not sure if they even took a decision (no offense) or they were handed one from the developers.

Either case, what does it matter if it is unintended or not? Only thing related to that is our opinion about the company if they eventually go with that decision.

******************** Skip ********************

I hope they do decide to make 3 accounts for each player, one for each of the three different servers (one out of 3 EU servers, one out of 3 NA servers), that will have every character the player had on the server, all the gold, items, pets, loyalties, event rewards; everything apart from the pearls which if I understood correctly is a resource that is shared account-wise. The pearls would go to the player's account choice. 

This way they would please us and everyone would be happy because:

• Players who didn't know at all how the merge was gonna happen won't get any disadvantage to the ones that tried to gain out of this.
  • Players who did know about the merge but didn't make multiple characters will respect on how the company did handle the issue.
  • Players who did create over 12 valuable characters (not just alts for energy) in total per region will get to keep all their characters and progress; none of their effort will be wasted.
  • Players who did know about the merge and made multiple characters will get to keep all their rewards that they invested their time into; any effort and time they put into getting those rewards won't be wasted because they will get to keep them all.
  • Company's numbers of the active monthly accounts will get increased.

I did not want to quote the whole thing but make note on a couple of stuff. First off great response. We may agree or disagree on stuff but you gave a civil response as opposed to some of the things I've seen in this thread.

The semantics on if it is an exploit or not must be determined by the devs and not us but I disagree about the multiple login rewards and "Shovel Gate" being the same. What happened with the shovels was a bug. The game did not do a check similar to when you're processing and suddenly become overweight causing your autonomous actions to stop. Combine this with the game not taking energy if your inventory is full and it gets an item that can't stack with the rest causing players to gather non stop. THIS is a bug.

With that said I haven't heard back from someone I know who is playing on the Ru survers so can't confirm but I thought it went Mega Server a while ago, if that was before our version launched I can't say. I do know for a fact that both the Kr & Jp versions did (before our launch also) and they merged everything. From what I understand ours would not just add the CP & max Energy to give players even more CP & Energy. (Believe me @ 300CP gaining 1 CP is WAY harder than gaining 100 on a new server.

If the previous mergers into mega servers allowed this and they kept the login rewards to be unique to server instead of unique to account or better yet region then it is my opinion this was an intended feature.

I also disagree that everyone will be happy if they split things to three different accounts. Let's face it we all know there will be raging regardless.

On a final note. People who are saying new players will choose not to stay because of this is wrong. If they stay or not will have nothing to do with that because as a new player I'll see no difference between someone with a combination of Tri & Tet gear plus (let's just say) 10 billion silver and someone with a combination of Tri & Tet gear plus (if people are to be believed on this thread) 35 billion silver.

TLDR:

• Switching to a character on another account is a pain in the @$$.
  • Possible area for node war espionage.
  • It is my opinion that new players will not see a difference between a high geared players that did collect multiple login rewards and one that did not.

1 person likes this

Posted

The last thing I'm gonna say on this issue is that there should have been an announcement sticky on every piece of the forums. When the stupid in-game cash shop ad thing pops up every time I log in, there should have a been a portion of that dedicated to telling me a server merge was coming. Instead of everybody acting like this was common knowledge, you could have alleviated all my my current frustration by genuinely giving me the same chance as all the insiders. Sorry, I can't read Korean and don't follow their forums. My guildmates and in-game friends are all new players, and believe me when I say NOBODY had any idea this was about to happen.

And that is your fault, devs.

2 people like this

Posted

The last thing I'm gonna say on this issue is that there should have been an announcement sticky on every piece of the forums. When the stupid in-game cash shop ad thing pops up every time I log in, there should have a been a portion of that dedicated to telling me a server merge was coming. Instead of everybody acting like this was common knowledge, you could have alleviated all my my current frustration by genuinely giving me the same chance as all the insiders. Sorry, I can't read Korean and don't follow their forums. My guildmates and in-game friends are all new players, and believe me when I say NOBODY had any idea this was about to happen.

And that is your fault, devs.

+1