• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New World - Megathread

790 posts in this topic

Posted

The last thing I'm gonna say on this issue is that there should have been an announcement sticky on every piece of the forums. When the stupid in-game cash shop ad thing pops up every time I log in, there should have a been a portion of that dedicated to telling me a server merge was coming. Instead of everybody acting like this was common knowledge, you could have alleviated all my my current frustration by genuinely giving me the same chance as all the insiders. Sorry, I can't read Korean and don't follow their forums. My guildmates and in-game friends are all new players, and believe me when I say NOBODY had any idea this was about to happen.

And that is your fault, devs.

The server merge was communicated as soon as it was possible for us. We tried our best to make it public as much in advance as we could.

We do not expect anyone to know about it before we announce it, and we do not expect everyone to play on multiple servers either. However, if someone did, we will not be punishing them for it.

I must reiterate that the actual amount of players that created multiple characters on different servers for the sole reason of getting event rewards before our announcement is extremely low, and it should not affect the economy in any way.

Best regards,
GM Dew

5 people like this

Posted

I understand people are upset because they did not think about grabbing rewards before but you gotta accept the consequences too.
People who were actually collecting those rewards could lose them and then they would complain in the same manner because they did put some work into it, excluding the log in rewards maybe.

but yeah for most of the rewards you actually have to do something.

The ones that did get all the rewards are people who thought it could at some point happen in the game from their own gaming experience, with knowledge comes great advantage guys. When I dont know something and lose because of it, I learn. Not try to find a scapegoat I can blame for lack of my knowledge.

All of this could have as well ended to disadvantage of the reward collectors and they could have lost all the time invested. It was a gamble and they won it. You didnt gamle and you dont get anything.
At least you get to know about merge early enough to consciously collect the rewards you still can.

1 person likes this

Posted

The server merge was communicated as soon as it was possible for us. We tried our best to make it public as much in advance as we could.

We do not expect anyone to know about it before we announce it, and we do not expect everyone to play on multiple servers either. However, if someone did, we will not be punishing them for it.

I must reiterate that the actual amount of players that created multiple characters on different servers for the sole reason of getting event rewards before our announcement is extremely low, and it should not affect the economy in any way.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Easy mode.

The amount of shovelers were low  and it effected the economy. Also I disagree with what you would say is extremely low because how I see it every one of the top guided people would be doing this and they tried to keep it on the down load so they could have even more of a advantage of getting rewarded for abusing the system.

Your just perpetuating the toxicity of this games community were you exploit early and exploit often and then keep secret the exploit to keep it from being patched.

I understand people are upset because they did not think about grabbing rewards before but you gotta accept the consequences too.
People who were actually collecting those rewards could lose them and then they would complain in the same manner because they did put some work into it, excluding the log in rewards maybe.

but yeah for most of the rewards you actually have to do something.

The ones that did get all the rewards are people who thought it could at some point happen in the game from their own gaming experience, with knowledge comes great advantage guys. When I dont know something and lose because of it, I learn. Not try to find a scapegoat I can blame for lack of my knowledge.

All of this could have as well ended to disadvantage of the reward collectors and they could have lost all the time invested. It was a gamble and they won it. You didnt gamle and you dont get anything.
At least you get to know about merge early enough to consciously collect the rewards you still can.

Let them complain they took a chance of spending a little bit of time to get a huge reward they can live with out it and the game would be better for it.

1 person likes this

Posted

The last thing I'm gonna say on this issue is that there should have been an announcement sticky on every piece of the forums. When the stupid in-game cash shop ad thing pops up every time I log in, there should have a been a portion of that dedicated to telling me a server merge was coming. Instead of everybody acting like this was common knowledge, you could have alleviated all my my current frustration by genuinely giving me the same chance as all the insiders. Sorry, I can't read Korean and don't follow their forums. My guildmates and in-game friends are all new players, and believe me when I say NOBODY had any idea this was about to happen.

it sucks I know,  luckily I learnt my lesson from Archeage  that when you play a Korean MMO you always need to do research about their updates, patches, figure what might be coming to our version in the future and what I should do to take advantage of them.  Wish you learn your lesson now and play KR mmo in the right way from now on

Posted

It's sad that certain people don't complain about economy ruining items as long as they're getting something out of it.
When they don't get anything, then it suddenly becomes a big problem.

After the merge market will be weird for a while, but it will stabilize and as far as I can tell they are doing a pretty decent job at keeping economy rather stable.
Compared to many other games at least.

Posted

Who gives a -----? Bunch of whiners jesus fkin christ. 

Let me guess . . . . . you're one of the players that have characters on all 3 servers? lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Let me guess . . . . . you're one of the players that have characters on all 3 servers? lol

I just created Charakters on other Servers, and i say the same as he.

Posted

This is really the main thing to take away from this. The people who are actually going to the trouble to multi-server log are very involved in this game and more likely to be here voicing their opinions. Actual game impact will hopefully be low either way.

Posted (edited)

Best regards,
GM Dew

That's the problem,THEY DIDN'T PLAYED.

They just logged-in to get the rewards or stayed some hours to get MORE rewards.

AND,after all that you say you are not punishing those players but you are punishing the ones that didn't know about it or even worse,the future players and the game economy/balance.

Doesn't make sense for me,really.

@edit

I will just say it,i'm not complanning cause i didn't get anything but i fear for the future of this game.

Edited by Hissis
1 person likes this

Posted

Best regards,
GM Dew

The key here is the word 'Play". I would not have an issue if people PLAYED on other servers and had high level characters because they play with friends. However, I personally know of many people that just logged in for the rewards with level 10 or so characters telling me the "someday I'll get all this stuff". And they have hundreds of millions of silver.  They found a way to make money without working for it and exploited it.

What should happen is that players with accounts on all servers be able to collect what they "earned" while playing ( Loot, Mats, etc. ) and nothing else. No Loyalty except on their main server. No Contribution points, No energy, and certainly NO REWARDS or coin from them whatsoever for just logging in each day to collect them for free.

I agree with the poster that you replied to. We should have known at the beginning and you should have "suggested" that we do this for more rewards when the merge happens. That way it would be known that this WAS intended and it wouldn't be considered by most ( myself included ) as an exploit and didn't do it. Yes, I knew there would be a possibility of a merger down the road. But to get all the free rewards from all servers for just logging in each day? Kacoa would never let that exploit happen with how strict they are!  This is what I thought and why I didn't do it. MANY others felt the same way I'm sure.

Now, after all this time passed you tell us it's ok? So those of us that attempted to follow the "no exploit" rule gets the shaft! Thanks for nothing!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

That's the problem,THEY DIDN'T PLAYED.

They just logged-in to get the rewards or stayed some hours to get MORE rewards.

AND,after all that you say you are not punishing those players but you are punishing the ones that didn't know about it or even worse,the future players and the game economy/balance.

Doesn't make sense for me,really.

As a new player I couldn't decide which server I wanted to play on. As a result, I've played on each server to varying degrees. I made these characters on the servers because I wanted to try them out, not because of log in rewards. How are the GM's going to be able to tell who logged in only to collect rewards and who didn't? Many innocent players could be penalized, and that is worse than not penalizing the guilty players.

When GM_Dew said only a few players created characters for the sole purpose of getting event rewards, he made it up, no offense. The people who log in and collect rewards could be doing it on a legitimate character that they actually play on but haven't had enough time to play on lately. Or they choose not to play that character on that server much lately. But they still log in to collect rewards, because sometimes that's all we have time to do. There are so many scenarios in which players log in, collect rewards, and log out, that it's completely asinine to assume that you know the real intent of every player.

Edited by Daneya
1 person likes this

Posted

Now you're just being dense.

For example, as a new player I couldn't decide which server I wanted to play on. As a result, I've played on each server to varying degrees. I made these characters on the servers because I wanted to try them out, not because of log in rewards. How are the GM's going to be able to tell who logged in only to collect rewards and who didn't? Many innocent players could be penalized, and that is worse than not penalizing the guilty players.

When GM_Dew said only a few players created characters for the sole purpose of getting event rewards, he made it up, no offense. The people who log in and collect rewards could be doing it on a legitimate character that they actually play on but haven't had enough time to play on lately. Or they choose not to play that character on that server much lately. But they still log in to collect rewards, because sometimes that's all we have time to do. There are so many scenarios in which players log in, collect rewards, and log out, that it's completely asinine to assume that you know the real intent of every player.

That's the problem,you can't penalized those that actually PLAYED and those that didn't know anything(+ future players).

But what i saw in some facebook groups/in-game chat/forum,most of the players just logged to get the rewards cause they knew KR did the same(yeah,they did,before they started to create 444344242 events to give free rare stuff).

Posted (edited)

That's the problem,you can't penalized those that actually PLAYED and those that didn't know anything(+ future players).

But what i saw in some facebook groups/in-game chat/forum,most of the players just logged to get the rewards cause they knew KR did the same(yeah,they did,before they started to create 444344242 events to give free rare stuff).

Well the mistake is on GM's/developers/whoever for allowing the rewards to be server based instead of account wide. They got themselves into this predicament where they can't tell between those who did it only to collect for the eventual server merge and those who logged onto legitimate characters to collect rewards. My characters on the servers are lowish level compared to the only character on my main server that is above lvl 50. I logged in to collect rewards on my alt servers so that my characters on them can benefit from it. I honestly thought the server merge was a myth. Because of the predicament GM's/developers/whoever put themselves in, we're faced with players being extremely rich or with penalizing innocent players.

I missed out on a lot of days on some of my alt servers for attendance rewards. So I'm not gonna be that rich. Others will benefit from it a lot more than I will. I'm ok with that, though. It just doesn't bother me as much that there's going to be people much richer than I am. There already are people with way more silver than me. Same for the rest of you, there's always someone with more silver. And guess what? They're gonna blow that silver and they'll be broke again, or they're gonna hog it in which case it's like not having any silver anyway. It's not as dire of a situation as some people make it out to be.

I am also very thankful for the free stuff that I get from the GM's/develeopers/whoever. A few extra million silver isn't going to break the game and it's nice to me, I appreciate it.

Edited by Daneya

Posted

I would call splitting the account a punishment. You have any idea how long it took some of us to come up with a family name we like? I know I did. Now how about exiting the game and reopening the launcher and the long load to the menu to select your character every time you want to switch characters. What's worse about this second one more along the lines of torture because this isn't a one time punishment but a continuous ongoing suffering.

You're going to have to contact over all your friends and let them re-friend you on your new account, take up an additional 2 slots in your guild roster, etc.

Then there's the unintended consequences of your suggestion. People now have 2 free legitimate accounts they can use to spy on other guilds for Node Wars. Think about that for a second. I got Discord or TeamSpeak open on my laptop listening in on all the happenings and relaying that to my guild. I know exactly where the fort is located BEFORE the war starts. You have any idea the chaos this would cause?

To be honest the launcher and their anti-cheat system are both horrible. That is something I could analyze if you or the company want, but I guess we all know why I call them horrible. And I do understand and have experienced the frustration between switching to another account, but it's not like you are going to switch accounts that often. I doubt that players who did play on multiple servers did hop from one server to another every 5 mins.

Your friends would already have you as a friend because on each server the friend list is different already, so there won't be any need to do what you say. 

Same goes for your guild roster, the guild you are into wouldn't change. If you wanna have 36 characters into one guild, then yes, you would use the 2 additional slots, which anyways you would.

People can at this very moment have 2 extra free legitimate accounts or more if they want in order to spy on other guilds. The guilds themselves should prevent spies if they care about that.

So none of these reasons you mentioned have bad consequences if they did consider the solution I suggested.

I did not want to quote the whole thing but make note on a couple of stuff. First off great response. We may agree or disagree on stuff but you gave a civil response as opposed to some of the things I've seen in this thread.

The semantics on if it is an exploit or not must be determined by the devs and not us but I disagree about the multiple login rewards and "Shovel Gate" being the same. What happened with the shovels was a bug. The game did not do a check similar to when you're processing and suddenly become overweight causing your autonomous actions to stop. Combine this with the game not taking energy if your inventory is full and it gets an item that can't stack with the rest causing players to gather non stop. THIS is a bug.

With that said I haven't heard back from someone I know who is playing on the Ru survers so can't confirm but I thought it went Mega Server a while ago, if that was before our version launched I can't say. I do know for a fact that both the Kr & Jp versions did (before our launch also) and they merged everything. From what I understand ours would not just add the CP & max Energy to give players even more CP & Energy. (Believe me @ 300CP gaining 1 CP is WAY harder than gaining 100 on a new server.

If the previous mergers into mega servers allowed this and they kept the login rewards to be unique to server instead of unique to account or better yet region then it is my opinion this was an intended feature.

I also disagree that everyone will be happy if they split things to three different accounts. Let's face it we all know there will be raging regardless.

On a final note. People who are saying new players will choose not to stay because of this is wrong. If they stay or not will have nothing to do with that because as a new player I'll see no difference between someone with a combination of Tri & Tet gear plus (let's just say) 10 billion silver and someone with a combination of Tri & Tet gear plus (if people are to be believed on this thread) 35 billion silver.

TLDR:

• Switching to a character on another account is a pain in the @$$.
  • Possible area for node war espionage.
  • It is my opinion that new players will not see a difference between a high geared players that did collect multiple login rewards and one that did not.

I totally agree, it's rare to see a civil and rational response in these threads and I really admire the CMs and GMs who go through all of these pages reading each one.

If the semantics on if it is an exploit or not is determined by the devs, then the same should apply on if something is a bug or not. I never said that merging one-time rewards and "shovel gate" is the same, but I think both of them as mechanics of the game that have been exploited by the players. We probably disagree on this, but that's okay. I don't mind having different opinion about this since it won't change something.

Shovel gate, from what I've read as I said in my previous posts, used 2 intended and normal game mechanics which combined allowed to use energy only when gathering shards. Processing and gathering are different and have different mechanics. When gathering water, you can gather while being overweight for example. I still believe it is not a bug, but mechanics of the game that were being exploited. 

If something happens that is too good to be true, i.e like those who found they could level a guild to 25 in one day, or finding a mob that drops 1000 gold with a one second respawn, being able to equip 2 unique items of the same kind, or a sword that does stupid damage, or an item that was designed for Developer testing that can insta kill anything but got into the game by mistake.. it is a bug.

If you know its too good to be true, and keep doing it / using it, thats the exploit. The two are linked, one is the problem, and one is taking advantage of it.

Finding a weakness in a system, such as certain guilds did when LFR was released, where *CompanyName* in plain English said you get ONE loot roll per boss per week or words to that effect), and finding away around it is not really a BUG, it is an oversight that was EXPLOITED.

From another popular's game forums.

About the CP merge, I know how it works and although even that is "limited resource" per server, this one I don't mind getting implemented to be honest; because no person would ever complete all quests that give contribution points in one server more than once per day.

There always be someone who complains and rages; I agree with you. But most of the players I believe would be happy. Because if what Dew said is true, the majority of the players that had multiple characters across the servers were actually playing them, and those players would get to keep all their characters; there would be no loss at all for them. The only players that would be unhappy would be the ones that intended to exploit the merge in order to gain everything on one account; but even those wouldn't have something to complain about because they wouldn't lose anything at all either.

P.S. To be completely honest, I don't care at all about the extra boss armors and kamasilves. Boss armors? Yeah, okay, they are expensive and rare, but you can grind an amount of time, get silvers and either buy them of marketplace through pre-order or night vendor. I've come across Kzarka and boss pieces in night vendor and have managed to pre-order stuff through the marketplace. It's not that hard, and if you are determined you can get as many as you want.

I care more about the really limited items per server which are Loyalties and the extra 4x Hawks and 4x Penguins that those people will have the chance to get by exploiting the merge mechanics. There is absolutely no way to get extra Loyalties of 48k amount. The only way to get more Loyalties would be through the Black spirit game, but that has a really tiny chance (dices of course aren't fair). Same goes with pets. There is no way to get extra pets through working or spending playing the game. You'd say "buy them off the marketplace", but the chances of getting them that way are worse than the chances of getting Loyalties from the Black Spirit game.

Posted

I think it's worth noting that no one knew exactly how this would go down. There was a lot of talk about possible server merges on twitch and reddit, but people talked about it in the vein of "Yeah, I think it'll happen eventually, but no idea when and I'm not sure how it will happen."

One thing I will suggest, is looking into stuff the KR version has right now which we'll get in the long run. The server merge was a bit of a bet, and no one knew when and how it would happen, but you can make much safer bets by looking at implemented features and content which we'll most likely be getting in the exact same state. For instance:

• Large craftable player ships will be added with the ocean update sometime this Fall. These require a lot of resources, but you can get a head-start by preparing now (600 steel, 300 flax cloth, 1500 pine plywood, 800 standardized timber squares).
  • Golden treasure chests will be added at one point. These require gold keys, and you can get gold keys by exchanging 100 silver keys. I have no idea how worthwhile these are, but if you want some gold keys prepared, this is a good time to buy silver keys off the marketplace.
  • This is only viable for rich guilds, but tier 2 elephants will be added at one point and you can prepare by crafting a tier 1 elephant registration (don't redeem it!). One tier 1 elephant registration is one of the materials needed for crafting a tier 2 elephant.

I guess one could argue that "looking ahead" like this is cheating, but it's kinda hard to ignore the fact we've got a Korean version of the game which is ahead of us in content.

Posted

To be honest the launcher and their anti-cheat system are both horrible. That is something I could analyze if you or the company want, but I guess we all know why I call them horrible. And I do understand and have experienced the frustration between switching to another account, but it's not like you are going to switch accounts that often. I doubt that players who did play on multiple servers did hop from one server to another every 5 mins.

Your friends would already have you as a friend because on each server the friend list is different already, so there won't be any need to do what you say. 

Same goes for your guild roster, the guild you are into wouldn't change. If you wanna have 36 characters into one guild, then yes, you would use the 2 additional slots, which anyways you would.

People can at this very moment have 2 extra free legitimate accounts or more if they want in order to spy on other guilds. The guilds themselves should prevent spies if they care about that.

So none of these reasons you mentioned have bad consequences if they did consider the solution I suggested.

Well first thing is I do swap characters often that are on the same server and after the merge ALL the characters will be on the same server and for me to switch to those characters I'm going to have to go through a long process. We've all at some point in time experienced the bug where the game would disconnect you when you switched characters, that was fun right? Imagine you HAVE to do that to access some characters.

Second they wouldn't be because those characters will have a different family name or my other characters I play on will have a different family name hence these people would no longer be on my friends list for all my characters. This applies to my guild. Unless I want my characters in different guilds (which sometimes has an appeal) these new accounts will be taking up an additional guild roster spot. Then it's communicating with them. Most of my guild knows my voice so hearing me on Discord they know who I am and can easily frind me for a party invite. If I'm on the accounts with the different family name that makes the process annoying because people have to remember 3 different family names for my voice.

Finally, currently people cannot have free legit accounts because you have to pay for them so the number of people who have extra accounts are low. Now you're handing them out like candy. You want to talk about exploiting a situation... You'll see a new breed of trolls.

Some of what I say is my opinion and others is from my experience in not just BDO but other games also.

Posted

Holy Christ you whiny little drama queens....GET OVER IT! It is happening! Stop crying and go make toons on the others servers to get the rewards that are "so unfair" or uninstall! For gods sake if a player is better geared than you are on your server of choice a merge will NOT make any difference! If someone has enough time to play, really play on all 3 servers (like i do) or God forbid buy pearls and support the game on ALL 3 SERVERS (Like i did, and so did many MANY others), why should we have to pick and choose what we keep and what we lose just because a casual player, who doesn't have the time needed to be competitive on one server, let alone 3, is going to be "under geared" and "at a disadvantage"? NEWSFLASH FU---RS! YOU WERE ALREADY AT A DISADVANTAGE! THAT HASN'T CHANGED! All of you whining about "Oh but people will have billions on all 3 servers"? 

1. I have played, actively played on all 3 since headstart. I have my gear, and i have millions. MILLIONS with an "M". If someone has put in so much time that they have billions? God bless their neckbeards! THEY DESERVE IT!

2. If you can't figure out how to make easy money with minimum effort in this game? Maybe go back to WoW. 

3. If you're still here whining about the changes instead of MAKING ALTS ON THE OTHER SERVERS TO GIVE YOURSELF THE SAME "ADVANTAGE" AS ALL THESE OTHER PLAYERS?

A. Please post your server, and character name as well as the channel you play on so the non whiners can go PK you into oblivion.

B. After the instructions in A. have been followed, please log off and uninstall the game. An open world PvP game is clearly not for you. Maybe try Farmville or something.

C. Any questions? See A.

Now i've got rewards to collect and "billions" to make. Stop crying, get over yourself, and move on.

2 people like this

Posted

oQOeHxr.png

3 people like this

Posted

Well first thing is I do swap characters often that are on the same server and after the merge ALL the characters will be on the same server and for me to switch to those characters I'm going to have to go through a long process. We've all at some point in time experienced the bug where the game would disconnect you when you switched characters, that was fun right? Imagine you HAVE to do that to access some characters.

The characters that will be on different account were on different server, so in case of such merge, you should be happy that you can log into them all and not having to delete up to 24 characters. Those (up to) 24 characters weren't designed to be on the same server and normally you wouldn't have any use for them on the new server as they wouldn't exist on the same server with the other 12 characters you have. So I don't understand why would you swap often characters that are unrelated with each other; they have no shared pets, warehouses, stables or anything; the only thing that is shared is their access - to only one person, you.

Second they wouldn't be because those characters will have a different family name or my other characters I play on will have a different family name hence these people would no longer be on my friends list for all my characters. This applies to my guild. Unless I want my characters in different guilds (which sometimes has an appeal) these new accounts will be taking up an additional guild roster spot. Then it's communicating with them. Most of my guild knows my voice so hearing me on Discord they know who I am and can easily frind me for a party invite. If I'm on the accounts with the different family name that makes the process annoying because people have to remember 3 different family names for my voice.

Each server has each own friend list, which means you can have 3x50(if that's the limit) friends in total. If you go to a new server, you will see you have no friends at all.

So, no you wouldn't lose your friends because they change your family name. They can easily create a new account and associate your new family name to the characters of one server without you losing the friends you have there. It's really simple and basic coding, even a undergraduate university student can do it. Same applies to the guild.

About the multiple spots that your accounts would take in a guild see the very first paragraph of my post. Those EXTRA characters would not exist on the same server. Now you have 12 characters of server A in the guild Ag, 12 characters of server B in the guild Bg, 12 characters of server C in the guild Cg. Each server's characters are on different guild. You are not supposed to have characters of server A in the guild Bg or Cg.

Finally, currently people cannot have free legit accounts because you have to pay for them so the number of people who have extra accounts are low. Now you're handing them out like candy. You want to talk about exploiting a situation... You'll see a new breed of trolls.

My bad I added the word "free" on my previous comment. They are already like a candy. 10$ for an account?

When we started, we paid 30$+ for one account. With 30$ now you can buy 3 accounts.

1 person likes this

Posted

Update regarding your concerns about duplicate event items

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their feedback.

We have investigated some data to see how many players are in fact affected by this, and found out that the amount of people that really actively did play on multiple servers far outweighs the amount of people that only logged into multiple servers to claim event rewards.

As a result of this, we have decided to stand by our original decision, and warehouses from different servers will still be merged. We cannot punish a very big group of players that really spent time playing on different servers and take their items away, just because of a very small minority of players.

Please keep in mind that what this small minority of players did is not an exploit, and cannot be compared to what happened with the Shovel exploiters. We definitely understand your concerns of it being unfair to other players that did not take this chance, but as simply logging into multiple servers and participating in events was never an exploit, we can not punish these players for it either.

If in the future you are ever unsure about whether something is an exploit or not, please do contact our support and just ask us.

Best regards,
GM Dew

TLDR: 

Trust us, not many players took advantage. We don't care about fair play. So we're letting them get away with it by pretending they didn't exploit. It takes too much effort to do the right thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

TLDR: 

Trust us, not many players took advantage. We don't care about fair play. So we're letting them get away with it by pretending they didn't exploit. It takes too much effort to do the right thing.

ITS NOT AN EXPLOIT YOU MORON! GO PLAY CANDYLAND!

1 person likes this

Posted

Best regards,
GM Dew

@GM_Dew

It's very disappointing that you seem to be cherry picking and replying to comments, but conveniently ignoring mine.

Maybe it's because you can't respond to my points? It makes me question your integrity. Prove you have any by replying to my original post and this one.

Specifically: you make it seem like "punishing players who legitimately played" is your only option in all of this. You know this is not the case, but why do you continue to make it seem so?

The issue here is not whether or not it was an exploit. The issue here is not whether or not anything should be taken away from anyone.

The issue is that the end result of all of this, whether fair or not, intended or not, exploit or not, is that it will increase the wealth and gear gap between those "in the know" ie. veterans/hardcore players and casual/new players.

Do you not understand the terrible PR move that this is? How it can turn off players from joining? That is part of the reason why I feel so strongly about this even though I will benefit from having gamed the system myself. I have friends who I was looking forward to playing with about to join the game that have decided not to after yet another PR fiasco.

It's so easily fixable by just throwing a freakin bone to the upset people. You DO NOT HAVE TO PUNISH OR TAKE AWAY ANYTHING FROM PLAYERS WHO GAINED FROM THIS. Just compensate those who didn't metagame and gain from this. You don't even have to match the rewards. JUST DO SOMETHING. This is PR 101, which leads me to believe you guys really don't care. Prove me otherwise, Dew, by at least acknowledging this post. Otherwise, your silence will be deafening.

1 person likes this

Posted

if i decide to stock up on boss scrolls from different servers so that they carry over to the new world, when should i begin? the 23rd of november? or an earlier date since the process is supposed to take a week?, will the servers be offline for an entire week or something?

Posted

if i decide to stock up on boss scrolls from different servers so that they carry over to the new world, when should i begin? the 23rd of november? or an earlier date since the process is supposed to take a week?, will the servers be offline for an entire week or something?

Good question.

Posted

If you leveled those Characters to 50/55 then you can do the scrolls on those servers.

If you did not then yeah 23rd (end of the day) or 24th would be your best bet.