• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Petition to split accounts for Server Merge

342 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,

As a long-term player of BDO, I'm disturbed by the announcement to combine warehouses (essentially an account merge) in the upcoming merge. A more elegant solution has been proposed by several players to: Give players another account on the new server that includes all items, gear, housing etc from the last server. This means no wealth is lost for anyone, including those that legitimately played other servers.

If you believe this is a better solution - please sign the petition linked below (even if you don't think it will change their mind). It's important that players share their voice on this:

Disadvantaging new players, in the long run, disadvantages us all.

Uralith/Drail.

P.S. If you agree with this please post the petition link ingame or on your guild discords.

20 people like this

Posted

I approve this petition

Posted

The only thing they understand is money, so unless you're going to pay them the petition won't be worth much

Posted

We did the same thing against P2W xD nothing changed.

8 people like this

Posted

All day long salty clowns.

10 people like this

Posted

no thanks 

2 people like this

Posted

I agree. Not all warehouses and items from different servers should merge into one.

Posted

Not a bad idea

1 person likes this

Posted

I preordered my name for a reason, I want to use it thanks

1 person likes this

Posted

it's better than merging the banks but it still unfairly rewards people abusing the system for months.  It really isn't that hard to transfer money in this game and people will still be able to transfer 60-70% of the wealth from each server to their main.  Plus they now have 3 accounts instead of one to play and funnel resources.  You should get to pick a warehouse, that's it.  People abusing the system shouldn't come out ahead.

1 person likes this

Posted

Retaining separate accounts would seem an elegant solution.

Players would keep everything they attained, and would be free to play all characters with all gear just as before.

But let's be honest, that was never the aim, was it.  People specifically want to accelerate their progression by combining all resources into a single account.

5 people like this

Posted

To add onto what Caedere is saying. Have you ever thought that with the way BDO works, that may not even be possible?

Posted

nothing changed same as p2w petition, when you was clever and logged at the other servers you becomes free staff. Unfair for sure but Kakao Games give a shit about the community what the think about that.

Posted (edited)

More salty people that were not clever enough to type in google "black desert server merge" that would have leaded them to this that was uploaded in June:

http://www.blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/06/26/server-merge-faq/

Now they hate watching their neighbours with their new car... Tonight they will try puncturing its 4 wheels... Jealousy much.

PS: Make another petition to remove XP and silver from warriors and sorcs as they enjoyed awakenings for months. Is not faaaair...

Edited by crosspath
7 people like this

Posted

It's not about being clever enough to seize this opportunity or not. It's about principles. And let's be honest, it's just like all the other exploits, except for this was a "legal" one.

7 people like this

Posted

Hi all,

As a long-term player of BDO, I'm disturbed by the announcement to combine warehouses (essentially an account merge) in the upcoming merge. A more elegant solution has been proposed by several players to: Give players another account on the new server that includes all items, gear, housing etc from the last server. This means no wealth is lost for anyone, including those that legitimately played other servers.

If you believe this is a better solution - please sign the petition linked below (even if you don't think it will change their mind). It's important that players share their voice on this:

Disadvantaging new players, in the long run, disadvantages us all.

Uralith/Drail.

P.S. If you agree with this please post the petition link ingame or on your guild discords.

Sorry to say, that will hardly ever happen 14953881_1663794407244612_38112563439442

Posted

People who are just banging on about how salty people are over this because they have taken advangatge of this officially approved exploit should not forget that they could very soon see an end to new players coming in, and the fact that a large number of competitive pvpers will likely bugger off will leave those who think they will get an advantage playing against only people who had the same idea.

I am thinking it would be pretty silly for me to keep playing. I am already disadvantaged in this game cuz I don't have ten hours a day to play. But that's not why I am leaving, should I go. It's because pf the WAY Kakao do things, not necessarily WHAT they do.

Splitting accounts would indeed be a smart fair solution. But that has never been a factor in any decision I have seen made be the playerbase exploiting company behind this dreadfully managed game.

1 person likes this

Posted

How would they put each server into 3 different accounts? They give everyone a new login and password for each server? lol Not gonna happen. 

Posted

et es only gaem y u hef 2 b med.

Tell me exactly how server merges will disadvantage you

Posted

It's not about being clever enough to seize this opportunity or not. It's about principles. And let's be honest, it's just like all the other exploits, except for this was a "legal" one.

Exploit? You don't have a clue of what is an exploit...

You can't exploit a feature that is not in game, don't be silly. You can prepare for something that MAYBE will be in the game.

Is like if you knowing that bus pass price will increase in Christmas you buy 10 monthly tickets in advance... Now imagine that your neighbour ask the police to take them from you cause you are paying less than him... Sounds stupid, isn't it? Now think about your position.

You are just salty that you did not prepare beforehand and probably lot of you heard about it but said "i am sure they will not implement it like that" and then just ignore it, so sorry to tell you, that is your fault.

And my principles are totally ok, i can say the same to you if you play an awakened class... Where are your principles? Why are you enjoying the game awaken while many other classes don't have it? Where are your principles now? Hipocrite, just one more.

16 people like this

Posted (edited)

As one of the many people that didn't take advantage of playing on multiple servers, I'd be happy with just getting another boss gear box. The rng box event actually takes time to do, so I feel that whomever put the work into doing that on multiple servers, deserves the shit they worked for.

Edited by KimchiOppa

Posted

that's actualy a pretty good idea, but it will most likely never happen.

Posted

I didn't create new characters on other servers, even though I understood that this day was coming and that people that did would gain some advantage, because I don't see any point in it.  I'm here to play the game and not to exploit the system so that I can gain an advantage over other players.  I wouldn't get any sense of accomplishment from taking advantage of an exploit. In my opinion it's actually an unethical thing to do if the intention is to gain an in-game advantage. If I was a competitive PvP player I don't think I would be very happy about this merger.

I don't think that what the OP is suggesting will happen but I do think it's actually a good idea. 

4 people like this

Posted

I didn't create new characters on other servers, even though I understood that this day was coming and that people that did would gain some advantage, because I don't see any point in it.  I'm here to play the game and not to exploit the system so that I can gain an advantage over other players.  I wouldn't get any sense of accomplishment from taking advantage of an exploit. In my opinion it's actually an unethical thing to do if the intention is to gain an in-game advantage. If I was a competitive PvP player I don't think I would be very happy about this merger.

I don't think that what the OP is suggesting will happen but I do think it's actually a good idea. 

well said, but the damage is done. 

These safe guards needed to be implemented before the event to prevent this altogether 

Posted

As i said in other topics, awakened classes enjoying their extra power should be considered unethical also... And i don't see people QQing about it or not using awakenings... Same unfairness.

And technically i can't use awakenings if they are not in game, but anyone could make a char in the other servers anytime and do the same. So what is more unethical, using something that everyone can freely decide to use or something that only a free chosen ones can use.

Hi-po-cri-sy