• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Petition to split accounts for Server Merge

342 posts in this topic

Posted

This is a constructive attempt to represent a solution - what's the problem with that? You prefer for me to whinge and threaten to leave the game?

I'm against you abusing change.org for a meaningless petition - and change.org is already being diluted enough having a category for "gaming"...

Argue all you like here on the game forums, setup a poll in your post even to get a sense of the situation, but spare me trying to make an "important" petition on a site where this attempt of yours comes across as something trivial and pointless in the bigger picture.

Posted (edited)

There are those of us who have put a lot of REAL effort in to our other characters. 

what is the "real" effort in BDO ? rely on rng for drop, rely on rng for gear upgrade rely on rng to gather decent amout of mat ? rely on cash shop for artisant memory to save time relying on rng gear upgrade ? rely on cash shop for inv slot & weight to "save time" during grinding ?

Doing a mindless mob bash during XXX hours to gain silver and rely on rng for somes drop ?

I mean ? what ? effort ? nice joke :D

Edited by woots

Posted

I love how many people are calling this an exploit...it takes 5 minutes to learn that KR had split servers at the start and were merged later, so people followed the same logic and took 2 minutes out of their play time to log onto other servers. They took a chance and it worked in their favor. They didn't abuse anything. They didn't break anything. They were prepared for the potential merge, and it paid off. 

If you can't be bothered to do the research on other servers and take 2 minutes out of your busy schedule then you don't deserve jackshit. 

Most entitled community i have ever had to deal with! 

1 person likes this

Posted

We did the same thing against P2W xD nothing changed.

And p2w had much much more downsides.

Nothing will change. They dont ask what is our opinion about server merge. They inform us what will happen.

Posted

Signed 

Also good idea 

Posted (edited)

You all had the same opportunity to log in to each server and claim rewards, just like the rest of us. Congratulations, you played yourselves. Don't try and ruin it for the rest of us with enough foresight to see this coming from MILES away, it's happened in every single region so far. It was never a question of "if", it was a question of "when". Russia was the only model that split accounts and made you choose, and I'm glad Kakou is going this route instead of following Russia's example.

Edited by Wrath

Posted (edited)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....you started a change petition.  Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaa.  It has 39 signatures!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA. Notify the papers - this is big!!!!!!  hahahahahahaha

OMFG......the moron level has gone throught the roof.

Edited by zeecommander
and it
1 person likes this

Posted

I love how many people are calling this an exploit...it takes 5 minutes to learn that KR had split servers at the start and were merged later, so people followed the same logic and took 2 minutes out of their play time to log onto other servers. They took a chance and it worked in their favor. They didn't abuse anything. They didn't break anything. They were prepared for the potential merge, and it paid off. 

This. people are mad because they didn't think to do it,. They thought the servers wouldn't merge, when it was obvious, this is no different than people who smartly saved up their scroll bundles. 

Posted

this treads are getting ridiculous ......... hey guys lets make a pettion coz my neighbour has 3 dogs and I only have 1  ....... I think its unfair ... will make me quit  i even buy my dog expensive costumes and food  make your company profit and you do this to me ........ why should i play with 1 dog if he has 3...... and he didint spend a dime on costumes and stuff......

Posted (edited)

Meh.

If people spent half as much time playing the game as they did trying to demonize the companies behind it.....

I say give it a month or three for the inflation and the flood of resources to die down.

MP taxes, enchanting costs, and other assorted money sinks will eventually even things out.

A smart person could make a fortune off of this merge with a little planning.

Edited by Qzzrbl

Posted

Its all about options on how your time is spent.  It's somewhat ironic that people can make silver/level horses etc while afk, but then rail about people splitting their active playing time across multiple servers.  Anyone salty enough has nearly three weeks to level a character to 55 on each of the servers and reap the leveling rewards while racking up event items as well.  If folks spent half the time in game as they did -----ing and moaning on this forum, the only thing they'd be missing was the rewards from the previous event.

At the end of the day, it's all "Keeping up with the Joneses" bull and folks simply need to realize that there's always going to be someone in an MMO with more, time and resources than you.  Get over it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I knew about this exploit since July-ish?  I didn't participate in it because, well, it seemed fishy and that I would get accused of exploiting, because um.. it sure seemed like an exploit if I've ever seen on.  

There are people I know who have taken full advantage of this, to an extent of leveling at least one of their characters on other servers so they can have that additional 150+ energy pool per alt to gather hard/sharps, NV roll on the other two servers.  I also kind of saw this as something "fishy" and sort of gave out the warning of "I hope you don't get banned or something for that, dude."  Good for them I guess?  I put what little time I can into my one main character, and have many alts but only brought one of those alts above lvl 53.  Never had the time to level an alt to gain energy/contr on another server anyways.   

It also wasn't as much of me seeing it as a game expoit, as it was an exploit of Kakao's own cash shop, something I potentially saw the company taking more serious as a matter.  You see, it bypassed the need to purchase additional character slots for the purposes of energy pooling among alts.  It gives free 3x the free pets, eliminating cash shop pet purchases.  It awards loyalties, also eliminating cash shop purchases.  It was really the CASH SHOP exploits that made me nervous about doing the 3 server rewards exploit.    

Very interesting to see Kakao officially chime in another thread saying "this was an EXPLOIT available to all, so we are doing nothing about it."  

It leads me to believe that they recognize it as an exploit, but it's too rampant and far gone to really do anything about it other than merge as soon as possible to stop it being more of a problem than it already is. It is fairly obvious that they are going to do nothing about it.

So... after reading their one response, I did the deed and created characters on UNO and ORWEN.  The sole purpose is to sit there logged in 5 hours each AFK fishing for some relics, to collect 50 coins, 3x rolls on the black spirit game, and collect 100 loyalty a day, until the merge on the 30th. 

Do I feel like this is an exploit?  Yes... but Kakao endorses it so if you haven't done it yet ya best get to doing it now while there is still a bit to "exploit" from the situation.  What else ya going to do, right?  

If they change their position, fine.  I better not "get in any trouble" over it though, because they pretty much endorsed it themselves right here on the forum.  

Sigh....

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

^

jack-nicholson-kuckucksnest.jpg

Edited by magret
clarification : thats about the post above...

Posted

This sounds completely fair to me. No one would gain nor lose anything they have now.

Posted

ac17e809a2302e4309dff943e85f8f13.thumb.j

2 people like this

Posted

But let's be honest, that was never the aim, was it.  People specifically want to accelerate their progression by combining all resources into a single account.

I like this solution too. I'm sure there were a handful of people that just wanted to play on other servers with friends or for a fresh start though. This makes sure those people aren't penalized.

Even the people who did this to advance aren't penalized this way, they just can't merge it with their main account for an advantage. They could try to manipulate the market a bit, but that's very temporary. It's not like this merge was officially announced, so they can't exactly be salty if their billion silver payout didn't work.

Posted

Hi all,

As a long-term player of BDO, I'm disturbed by the announcement to combine warehouses (essentially an account merge) in the upcoming merge. A more elegant solution has been proposed by several players to: Give players another account on the new server that includes all items, gear, housing etc from the last server. This means no wealth is lost for anyone, including those that legitimately played other servers.

If you believe this is a better solution - please sign the petition linked below (even if you don't think it will change their mind). It's important that players share their voice on this:

Disadvantaging new players, in the long run, disadvantages us all.

Uralith/Drail.

P.S. If you agree with this please post the petition link ingame or on your guild discords.

When Liberals are mad, they make change.org petitions... thinking those mean something.

LMAO..could have fu*king called this, seen this coming a mile away

Posted (edited)

When Liberals are mad, they make change.org petitions... thinking those mean something.
LMAO..could have fu*king called this, seen this coming a mile away

I thought Trump was against free stuff, oh well.

Edited by Raekwon333

Posted

So the CM says it is not an exploit and yet you say it is, let's take your word for it cuz you are some random clown on the internet says so.

Posted

I only play one server. But I do not believe that I have not had any less of a chance to benefit from the same tactic that gamers have used for over a decade.

It's not about everyone having the same chance to benefit. Nor is it about the length of time an action has been used throughout history. Neither has any relevance to whether server merge implementation is right or wrong, fair or unfair.

They put in the extra time and effort to manage multiple characters and multiple servers, even if it were just for events and attendance rewards. They still had to take the time to do it.

The time others spend doing an action has no relevance to whether it's right or wrong etc.

In no way do I feel myself cheated, or do I believe that we should try to cheat them, just because we (those of us that only played single) didn't jump on the same boat.

Asking for accounts to stay separate has nothing to do with cheating others. It's about maintaining fair game play which is a concept many players these days seem to care little about. How many times in real life have people taken perfectly legal actions or walked fine lines to exploit/cheat/abuse others. When those loopholes are exposed they can and have been regarded as wrong or unfair. This usually leads to those loopholes being closed and sometimes legal action is taken. That is the situation regarding BDO's server merge. Now that the general public/community is aware, they have spoken. The difference is the developers/publishers don't give a shit about right, wrong, and fair play.

You clearly chose to support and/or accept their practices. That's the kind of person you have shown yourself to be. All the justification about how everyone had equal opportunity is not just debatable, it's irrelevant. Something isn't right or wrong based on the accessibility to the public. I'm not going to explain why the 'New World' is unfair and wrong because if you can't see it already... no amount of explanation is going to help.

Who are you to say they don't play them? Or rather who are you to judge what classifies as playing a character? 

Again, not the issue and absolutely irrelevant. Separating accounts doesn't interfere with anything you've said. Separating accounts keeps the integrity of fair play intact while allowing everyone to access their other characters just like they always have. The only reason not to do this is because you want to piss off those who care about fair play.

So no. I will not sign this petition. I do not stand with you on this matter. I am in full support of letting it ride as it is, and I encourage other reasonable logical players to do the same.

I find your logic lacking a moral compass. So your logic is entirely unreasonable. 

4 people like this

Posted

1. Merges are happening and I will be switching items.

2. You are not complaining. You are whining. 

Everything else you say is garbage. This is going to happen.

Posted (edited)

I'm not going to explain why the 'New World' is unfair and wrong because if you can't see it already... no amount of explanation is going to help.

Define fair, that the basic problem, for example some clowns, in this thread whined that they are entitled for removing red nose from second, "fixed" box, then, after getting lucky, they acted like total jerks towards people who got pleb nose and was hell of salty bout that. Then they whined about shovel exploit, yet, people who did it manually did nothing wrong, they were just using "in-game mechanic" "available to everyone" by their defention based on the current issue.

It's usual shit nowadays, people's moral compass spins w/o cool down, based on which side of the coin they are.

Edited by Raekwon333
2 people like this

Posted

You realize there are people that actually play on multiple servers, right? Just because you got a bad roll on a gear box doesn't mean people should be punished.

TBH if they didn't let us merge our items, the complaints and anger from the other 90% would be unbearable. Players that didn't listen and didn't put the work in shouldn't be rewarded.

Posted

You realize there are people that actually play on multiple servers, right?

It's not about who actually plays on other servers.

Just because you got a bad roll on a gear box doesn't mean people should be punished.

Your assumptions are not helpful.

TBH if they didn't let us merge our items, the complaints and anger from the other 90% would be unbearable. Players that didn't listen and didn't put the work in shouldn't be rewarded.

Why would anyone care? The servers would merge and everyone will have access to everything they had before. Players can still play with their friends. Absolutely nothing would change. Which means nothing negative is happening to anyone. If anything, players only gain from this change. Now players have the ability to play with friends on any character they made, something they couldn't do before. Moving forward players have more options with ZERO loss. So please explain why anyone would complain? 

The only players that lose are those who purposely spent time on other servers with the sole intention of funneling their wealth from multiple servers to one account. 

1 person likes this

Posted