• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Petition to split accounts for Server Merge

342 posts in this topic

Posted

And again i tell you that developers programmed it like that and KEPT IT LIKE THAT AFTER 3 OTHER VERSIONS MERGES. So basically in their opinion is NOT AN EXPLOIT. Cause if it were one they would have not allowed here also, but probably you will say whatever bullshit anyway... Your doubts do not matter a single -----, get it. FACT is that is being ALLOWED. DEAL WITH IT, and blame yourself for your uncleverness.

You just say "i think", "i doubt", "they intended", but in reality you don't have a single clue about what they did intend cause you are not they. Is just your mere opinion.

Have you even considered that they didn't change it because they actually can't?  People that weren't exploiting the mechanic have been playing on multiple servers from the very start.  What kind of response do you think there would be it they were to tell people playing on more than one server that they would have to give up everything they earned on the other servers.  Doing that would not only impact those that exploited the mechanic to gain advantage but also those that didn't.

Still grasping at straws.

Posted

Have you even considered that they didn't change it because they actually can't?  People that weren't exploiting the mechanic have been playing on multiple servers from the very start.  What kind of response do you think there would be it they were to tell people playing on more than one server that they would have to give up everything they earned on the other servers.  Doing that would not only impact those that exploited the mechanic to gain advantage but also those that didn't.

Still grasping at straws.

it would be super easy to flag if events rewards were already obtained once / family to avoid getting them on several servers actually.
Again, working as intended (see GM post) and they chose the merge method when they had two at their disposal (KR and RU). Tested, approved. I call that intended too.

Now, interpreting and generalizing every player intent as why they plays on 3 servers, it's just you. No relevance whatsoever.

And please stop saying "exploiting" for "using an exploit". 
Nobody cheated. Devs made their choices, players did too.

Posted

it would be super easy to flag if events rewards were already obtained once / family to avoid getting them on several servers actually.Again, working as intended (see GM post) and they chose the merge method when they had two at their disposal (KR and RU). Tested, approved. I call that intended too.

And why would they want to prevent people from getting event rewards on more than one server?  That is working as intended.  But exploiting the game system in a way that wasn't intended is an exploit.  I think anyone that thinks the developers sat around a table and someone said hey I've got a great idea, let's allow players to play on multiple servers so they can farm event rewards in preparation of a server merge is delusional.  The fact that they are now allowing people to take advantage of the exploit, most likely because there isn't anything they could do to determine who was really playing on the other server and who was just there to exploit the game system, isn't relevant as to this being an exploit or not.  Allowing it doesn't mean that it was intended.

Posted

ok, i get it. from now we will say "exploiting at Sausan" instead of "grinding at Sausan", "exploiting cotton farms" instead of "farming at cotton".

The only "exploit" here is what you believe are people's intents. And that is not relevant for kakao's decisions.
You are just being insulting.

Posted

I want an item I have on UNO to be on my EDAN character. 

Posted

Don't feed the trolls. There are no logical people when it comes to this. It's either YES BECAUSE I DIDN'T DO IT. Or NO EBCAUSE I DID IT. Noone is going to be realistic about the Billion silver exploit because everyone can join in for the last 3 weeks and the GMs gave the ok for the exploit.

Posted (edited)

Then what exactly they will loose? 

Isn't that 'lose'

How have you gotten that it's the "split" part that matters. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. People won't log into completely separate accounts. If you get your way, players will just let the other two accounts go to waste and it's not fair.

Edited by Thinker

Posted

Just do what President Trump say. Merge Account. Dont like it, move to Canada or New Zealand. opppsss ( wrong meme )

Posted (edited)

Isn't that 'lose'

How have you gotten that it's the "split" part that matters. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. People won't log into completely separate accounts. If you get your way, players will just let the other two accounts go to waste and it's not fair.

But your whole argument is that these people were playing on different servers, cause they enjoyed it, right? What then will change? Nothing, they still can keep playing on all of  their characters... Unless you are admitting now that EVERYONE with characters on more then one server NEVER ENJOYED playing on more then one server and did it ONLY for merits when server will merge... How its unfair then? Everyone who did it know from begining that there is big risk that their affords will be wasted and they still did it... You guys admitted that if after server merge storages will not be fused and everyone will be forced to pick characters from one server (like every other mmo on market did!!) you will have nothing to complain about, cause you took risk yourself knowing that its possibility that there will be no reward from abusing system... Then there is nothing unfair here with account split proposal!!

People won't log into completely separate accounts.

But hey its what you guys were doing for last few months!! You were log into completely different characters on different servers!! Why you cant continue to doing so after servers will merge?? Unless you have other motives then enjoying playing different characters there is no reason to not keep doing it!!

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

But hey its what you guys were doing for last few months!! You were log into completely different characters on different servers!! Why you cant continue to doing so after servers will merge??    Unless you have other motives then enjoying playing different characters there is no reason to not keep doing it!!

client restart vs no client restart. With these loading times you might as well simply delete our secondary servers.

personally i'd like my servers progressions to stay separated, but i also want that people who did the maths on purpose and went for it without enjoying their stay on different server get rewarded for their patience.  It's easy to say now how no effort it was, but there was no ETA, it could have been years before we see any benefit, as it could have been no benefit at all.
But after a few months, the bet is won and they cash up what they invested. Get over it.

Posted (edited)

Define fair, that the basic problem, for example some clowns, in this thread whined that they are entitled for removing red nose from second, "fixed" box, then, after getting lucky, they acted like total jerks towards people who got pleb nose and was hell of salty bout that. Then they whined about shovel exploit, yet, people who did it manually did nothing wrong, they were just using "in-game mechanic" "available to everyone" by their defention based on the current issue.

It's usual shit nowadays, people's moral compass spins w/o cool down, based on which side of the coin they are.

The story of BDO community, all is fun and games, until its your turn to get pissed. 

enhanced-5194-1433453217-2.jpg

Edited by Beeso
meh

Posted

Man these uproars always happen...It's been happening since the start...I remember the massive uproar about Pets at first...Then a week later everyone forgot why they're angry and felt the need to be angry about something else...So they moved onto the next thing.

Look, it's happening. Whether you think it's fair or not it's gonna happen the way that they say it will.

1. Not enough people actually care about this.

2. It's really not a MASSIVE deal in the end. Sure it seems a little unfair, but with a bit of research anyone could of created other characters and got rewards. (I didn't FYI, as I never really cared enough to be bothered)

3. Couple weeks after the server merge everyone will forget it even happened and it'll all be back to normal...Finding a new thing to be angry about.

So chill out and just play the damn game, or not. No one cares.

Posted

Man these uproars always happen...It's been happening since the start...I remember the massive uproar about Pets at first...Then a week later everyone forgot why they're angry and felt the need to be angry about something else...So they moved onto the next thing.

Look, it's happening. Whether you think it's fair or not it's gonna happen the way that they say it will.

1. Not enough people actually care about this.

2. It's really not a MASSIVE deal in the end. Sure it seems a little unfair, but with a bit of research anyone could of created other characters and got rewards. (I didn't FYI, as I never really cared enough to be bothered)

3. Couple weeks after the server merge everyone will forget it even happened and it'll all be back to normal...Finding a new thing to be angry about.

So chill out and just play the damn game, or not. No one cares.

A lot of there player base cares and yes in another couple of weeks the devs will ----- up again as there have always done.

Posted

Unreasonable.

Posted (edited)

ok, i get it. from now we will say "exploiting at Sausan" instead of "grinding at Sausan", "exploiting cotton farms" instead of "farming at cotton".

The only "exploit" here is what you believe are people's intents. And that is not relevant for kakao's decisions.
You are just being insulting.

And you are being irrational.

Intent means everything when it comes to exploiting the gaming system.  Did you miss the definition I posted from Wikipedia?  Here, I'll list it again:

Game Exploits

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

And I will also repeat this question.  Do you believe that the developers, when designing the game mechanics, decided to allow players to play on multiple servers because they intended for players to jump on other servers just to farm event rewards in preparation of a server merge?  It doesn't matter if Kakao decides to allow the exploit; it's still an exploit.

Edited by ronniejw

Posted

A lot of there player base cares and yes in another couple of weeks the devs will ----- up again as there have always done.

The only thing they've -----ed up regarding this situation is them splitting the Servers in the first place. It's not that big of a deal, it really really isn't.

A lot of people doesn't equal Enough people who care. Sure there is probably a large portion of the player base that dislike what is happening. You can see that from this post alone. But in order for them to change their plans it needs a lot more people to see it as a thing they should be caring about.

Look at the whole 'P2W' situation a while back. There was a massive uproar, so many people argued against it, and they continued through with it (Besides the fact it was barely any issue as well). In order for them to change their plans on certain situations there requires a hell of a lot more people. Not enough people care about this, because it isn't that big of a deal.

Posted

Thats why I quit, decided to just before they announced it and there item merge just sealed the deal. Made it real easy to quit.

Would like to come back if the fixed every thing.

Posted

Thats why I quit, decided to just before they announced it and there item merge just sealed the deal. Made it real easy to quit.

Would like to come back if the fixed every thing.

Bye felicia!

Posted

Bye felicia!

bye douche~

Posted

bye douche~

ok 1 Whiner gone... anyone else? please?

Posted

ok 1 Whiner gone... anyone else? please?

Ah please the no one whinning here your just mad that you don't have a augment against us that's all you white knights do. ----- about us, then call us whinners when we ripp apart your arguments and leave you with no way to make a retaliatory comment.

Also the white knights are just the most trash people I ever heard, only stopping short of telling people to kill them selves. Only because that would get them banned. You guys are like a bunch of SJW's.

Posted (edited)

300m stuff will change nothing of this game... 300m is what i make each week with imperial crafting.

Equipement without a little *TET* or *PEN* on the right have no value. in few month the marketplace will be full of boss armor and never will be buy.

If this shit hurt you, you have a fking hard mind trouble.

Some ppl on KR have more that 3000 memory fragment and 20 billion of silver.. and never success thier PEN....and will never success..

Njl3E9F.png

Boss gear will have not value. This is a Fact. Any *advantage* is fake. Only the RNG count...

Edited by Catastigma
1 person likes this

Posted

I like this option, and I have played on multiple servers.

However, please excuse me for not signing the petition as I actually think that change.org site should be reserved for petitions for things like cleaner air, combating global warming, ending poverty, giving disadvantaged children education etc.  

I did post here though, to express my support for this solution.

Posted

I preordered my name for a reason, I want to use it thanks

And how would you lose it ?

Also @OP how exactly are you losing wealth?

Posted

300m stuff will change nothing of this game... 300m is what i make each week with imperial crafting.

Equipement without a little *TET* or *PEN* on the right have no value. in few month the marketplace will be full of boss armor and never will be buy.

If this shit hurt you, you have a fking hard mind trouble.

Some ppl on KR have more that 3000 memory fragment and 20 billion of silver.. and never success thier PEN....and will never success..

Boss gear will have not value. This is a Fact. Any *advantage* is fake. Only the RNG count...

Depends on how lucky you are. Not saying that the amount of money gained ll change anything somewhere around TET level, but it ll still make a difference.

BTW don't you think that Korea is kinda older and they have a bit different model then we do ? 

In reality TET gear doesn't do shit too, since it's anyway one combo at 220 ap.