• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Admission That I Was Wrong

63 posts in this topic

Posted

I never felt like the population was in major decline and argued against those that said it was. Just thought I'd admit: I was wrong. Server merges less than a year of going live is worrisome. I love the game and will likely play until they turn it off though.

To those that say it's just for sieges / node wars, well, it's just proof that at least that part of the player base has declined.

2 people like this

Posted

we keep the same number of channels overall. That's not a population issue... for now.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I never felt like the population was in major decline and argued against those that said it was. Just thought I'd admit: I was wrong. Server merges less than a year of going live is worrisome. I love the game and will likely play until they turn it off though.

To those that say it's just for sieges / node wars, well, it's just proof that at least that part of the player base has declined.

It's not that that part of the playerbase declined, its that they so heavily outgear/outlevel the competition that the rest can't compete. These guilds that couldn't compete before will now fight over T2 and T3 nodes.

PSA, Regions and Nodes will give 3-5x more per week now as-well

Regions in KR are around 100b/week per region. Thats why KR players get huge 100-150m payouts weekly. I'm expecting 10b/week from region now on NA since how the regions collect taxes

Megaserver is what saved BDO KR sieges.

Edited by Catclaw
6 people like this

Posted

It was originally suppose to be a megaserver, but for some reason during beta everyone voted for separate servers. For me I'm finally getting what I voted for. :D 

10 people like this

Posted

Or an admission that they made a mistake splitting them up to start

1 person likes this

Posted

Its not a merge due to population decline. Node and Seige wars werent as popular and they anticipated. So this way it funnels competition with more people while placing a higher volume of items on the MP (granted more competition as well).

Population was ok, its just most of the population at max level is more concerned with constant grinding/trade skills that they dont invest the time for Siege Wars.

Node werent going uncontested because we have low population, The RBF doesnt have low ques because of population. Its just the PvP community on the servers kind of land locked stuff and people just gave up trying to compete with the large guilds who funneled most of the high gear players in the game. One side wins, people flock to it, thus depreciating the amount of competitors..

1 person likes this

Posted

It's -----ing hilarious how people like you jump to speculation. Pearl Abyss is moving to the -----ing mega server setup you people -----ed about wanting in the beginning, and now it's automatically because of population decline?

----- you man children are impossible to deal with.

3 people like this

Posted

It's -----ing hilarious how people like you jump to speculation. Pearl Abyss is moving to the -----ing mega server setup you people -----ed about wanting in the beginning, and now it's automatically because of population decline?

For some reason NA voted for seperate servers during the CBT. I will never for the life of me understand why they did

3 people like this

Posted

For some reason NA voted for seperate servers during the CBT. I will never for the life of me understand why they did

But when BDO was still in CBT, I consistently seen threads in this general discussion are with people asking for a mega server setup. Not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that's what I seen.

Posted (edited)

The real way to Gauge population was always available to us.   And it WASN'T to just wander into Heidel and go "Oh well this looks Busy AF".

The way you gauge ALL MMO's, is you wander around the lowby fields where new players would be experiencing the XP grind for the first time.  And if you hardly see anyone, or most often in BDO's case, don't see anyone at all most of the day, then the actual population is in steep decline.   This is the first rule of ALL MMO's except for WOW & EVE.  Players are constantly leaving in every other MMO.  It's a bucket with a little hole in the bottom.  And if you can't find any Water pouring back into somewhere, then it's RIP status in 18 months or so

Edited by iller
3 people like this

Posted

Node werent going uncontested because we have low population, The RBF doesnt have low ques because of population. Its just that the PvP of this game sucks hard.

Fixed it for ya.

Posted

My theory is that they are moving to the megaserver in NA/EU because all the recent coding in KR since the Ninja awakening patch is tuned for a megaserver.  Hence, we are getting a megaserver as of Ninja awakening.

Posted

Its not a merge due to population decline. Node and Seige wars werent as popular and they anticipated. So this way it funnels competition with more people while placing a higher volume of items on the MP (granted more competition as well).

Population was ok, its just most of the population at max level is more concerned with constant grinding/trade skills that they dont invest the time for Siege Wars.

Node werent going uncontested because we have low population, The RBF doesnt have low ques because of population. Its just the PvP community on the servers kind of land locked stuff and people just gave up trying to compete with the large guilds who funneled most of the high gear players in the game. One side wins, people flock to it, thus depreciating the amount of competitors..

I stopped playing node wars and RBF because the damn desync is too bad and the only ones that have any hope of doing anything are classes with massive AoEs, Ranged capabilities and at this point, their awakening.

Posted

Or an admission that they made a mistake splitting them up to start

Should I quote myself from 11/2015 for an "I told you so?"

;3

Posted (edited)

Should I quote myself from 11/2015 for an "I told you so?"

;3

sometimes you cant trust the players feedback

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

sometimes you cant trust

fixed.

#Thesewsd-garden-03-512.pngAintLoyal

Posted

There are so many games like Mabinogi (nexon title) doing worse

Posted

There are so many games like Mabinogi (nexon title) doing worse

and they haven't merged yet. But nobody really leaves mabinogi. It's just that BDO is in 3D.

Posted

Its called a "Megaserver" ....

Posted

we keep the same number of channels overall. That's not a population issue... for now.

Channels are easier to close and get rid of than whole servers :P

Posted

No need for the harshness, it just kind of makes you seem the childish one. I hope I'm wrong and it's "some other reason". I'm just basing my opinion on other games where server merges are done to counteract population declines. Again, maybe it's because BDO is just different and this makes more sense. I hope so.

It seems everyone generally agrees that it is to improve pvp; but it does it by increasing the population; which means it has everything to do with population. I suppose it might not have to do with population _decline_, and it's just been broken the whole time and ignored until now. I hope so.

1 person likes this

Posted

No need for the harshness, it just kind of makes you seem the childish one. I hope I'm wrong and it's "some other reason". I'm just basing my opinion on other games where server merges are done to counteract population declines. Again, maybe it's because BDO is just different and this makes more sense. I hope so.

It seems everyone generally agrees that it is to improve pvp; but it does it by increasing the population; which means it has everything to do with population. I suppose it might not have to do with population _decline_, and it's just been broken the whole time and ignored until now. I hope so.

Same number of channels overall. The average players per channel does not increase with a megaserver. This does not solve any perceived population issues anyways.

What it does it allows guilds from other servers to now interact with the guilds from your servers, increasing player-to-player pvp and economic activity by several times.

It's a good thing.

Posted

Same number of channels overall. The average players per channel does not increase with a megaserver. This does not solve any perceived population issues anyways.

What it does it allows guilds from other servers to now interact with the guilds from your servers, increasing player-to-player pvp and economic activity by several times.

It's a good thing.

Lol, I get that everyone is saying this. It just doesn't jive with me. Same number of channels means same players per channel ratio, sure, I get that. That means that they think per channel populations are fine. But the server merge means they think per server populations are not fine. They are fixing _something_ by consolidating the population, which means that _something_ has a population issue. Otherwise, why do it?

I suppose another angle could be that it's much cheaper to run one megaserver than three separate servers, the rest of the info is a smokescreen, and it's all about the money.

Anyway, it's really weird to be on the opposite side of a BDO argument where I'm not being called the White Knight, lol.

Posted

and they haven't merged yet. But nobody really leaves mabinogi. It's just that BDO is in 3D.

I've qu- .. See the thing is, Mabinogi is a very outdated game with lazy,money-hungry developers (moreso than kakoe. still hoping they're decent people). Mabi is  riddled with preventable issues that would stops them from merging . To name a few, pets sharing player availability names. Players of different servers having the same names. Not wanting to release name changes and ect.Its still possible, but more trivial.Doesn't matter regardless. I figure the devs know that game is done (new devs for this game is very common).They have been milking it since i've left (for years actually).Nexon is a hopeless cash grab.

LI know too many people who've quit (including myself who refuse to visit the official page, as there are too many nexon defenders ruining it. all 6 of the ..?10? left). Even one guy going far as to call Mabinogi ''that game that shall not be named'' Only plays private servers to my knowledge. That game is truly dea d . They will learn that soon as I have long ago. their leaders are focused on money. not players care. Which is ironic, because happier players contribute to popularity and growth

It's just that BDO is in 3D.

Sounds like you've read that one Mabination forum lol

Posted

Sounds like you've read that one Mabination forum lol

but i didnt, ... feels like 2D each time I log in now :D
the downside of the awesome animations on BDO.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0