• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Introduce full p2w (KR-style and beyond)

57 posts in this topic

Posted

This is really funny and a prime example of the kind of hypocrite playing BDO and being happy with the current system. See, "go back to game xy" is no insult to me, because guess what, those games actually reward gaming skills over mindless grinding and gear-carry. So if anything, you tell me to go back to where my talents matters and you are right, this is exactly what I'm doing atm when it comes to PvP. I PvP every day, but I do it in precisely those games you suggest. Then when I'm done with that, I return to BDO to look at the pretty scenery and pick a flower or two, while having a laugh at talentless -----s like you who are too terrible a player to compete in any proper PvP. You should reconsider your advise and how you phrase it. Instead of the dismissive tone applied when telling people to "go back to game xy", you should cheer them and be happy - if not a little envious - that they can do so, while you in turn have to remain here, where 100% gear carry obtained by brainless PvE grinding wins the day. I pity you, nothing more.

Youre an idiot, this is an mmo, what do you expect from playing this? This is why I told you to go play Overwatch, use your head. But nice use of insults regardless.

It always amazes me how people go to an MMO and expect fair PvP, thats not how MMO's work, why do you think there is progression, as placeholder? Thats why games like Overwatch exist for people like you who dont want any progression and only super fair arena 1v1's.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I guess that we will have the korean version of the game by the end of the year or coming spring. Why? Well just look at how things developed over the past months and now the server merge. Even Valk's cry will come back, but maybe... hopefully maybe I'm wrong.

Despite that, BDO is still a beautiful flower.

Edited by Medra

Posted

As long as they doesnt change the gear upgrade system ( so bound to cash shop ), as long as they doesnt correctly balance AP - DP, and class, as long as every freaking system in that game is at 95% ruled by RNG ( so players are more observer than actor, since the rng decide everything for them )

Nothing is never going to change. that game still is going to be a broken 2 speed game ruled by money usage & h24 mindless playing.

And using the words "to keep" is assuming

1- you one day had player competition

2- that game ever was "healthy"

BDO never ( and still doesnt ) provided 1 or 2 to begin with.

Well, to keep or to get going, that is not a point I would overly argue about. As far as I'm concerned, the game was always heavily leaning on gear-carry (for the uninformed audience, no 2cute2shoot, I'm not looking in your direction on accident, there ARE MMOs with fully equalized gear being used for PvP, heck, even WoW is going that route these days), but I'd dare saying back when we had +15 at the max, the gap could at least be crossed within a reasonable amount of time.

However, that obviously stopped back when they went above on gear score (... even though it was said that there will be a different system for EU/US... well, I guess there is, but no question about how well that turned out for us in practice) as well as started to introduce the awakenings bi-weekly (again, it was initially said things would be different for EU/US...). At this point, I highly question if/that our dear EU/US publisher has any real saying on what content we are getting whatsoever. I mean just look at that valencia p1 (was it?) that got announced ONE DAY in advance. I mean really, you are about to publish a major content update and you announce it one day in advance? Unless you have absolutely NO IDEA what's going on, there is absolutely no way - from a marketing point of view - you would do that... ever.

So who is still in doubt that we will get the KR version of p2w at this point? :P

Posted (edited)

Well, to keep or to get going, that is not a point I would overly argue about. As far as I'm concerned, the game was always heavily leaning on gear-carry (for the uninformed audience, no 2cute2shoot, I'm not looking in your direction on accident, there ARE MMOs with fully equalized gear being used for PvP, heck, even WoW is going that route these days), but I'd dare saying back when we had +15 at the max, the gap could at least be crossed within a reasonable amount of time.

However, that obviously stopped back when they went above on gear score (... even though it was said that there will be a different system for EU/US... well, I guess there is, but no question about how well that turned out for us in practice) as well as started to introduce the awakenings bi-weekly (again, it was initially said things would be different for EU/US...). At this point, I highly question if/that our dear EU/US publisher has any real saying on what content we are getting whatsoever. I mean just look at that valencia p1 (was it?) that got announced ONE DAY in advance. I mean really, you are about to publish a major content update and you announce it one day in advance? Unless you have absolutely NO IDEA what's going on, there is absolutely no way - from a marketing point of view - you would do that... ever.

So who is still in doubt that we will get the KR version of p2w at this point? :P

yep i know there is mmo relying on skill to win ( and thoses are the ones i really liked ), and not mindless gear 2 win.

I agree with you tho, but, as long as thoses guys are not going to change how gear work ( at least for pvp ) that game is still going to be a sad pvp parody that only promote time & money spend on the game.

And i saddly doubt it will ever change, its a kr game after all. Thoses games just promote money milking system more or less directly bound to "character power" in that situation, you cant except have a decent pvp.

Edited by woots

Posted

Youre an idiot, this is an mmo, what do you expect from playing this? This is why I told you to go play Overwatch, use your head. But nice use of insults regardless.

It always amazes me how people go to an MMO and expect fair PvP, thats not how MMO's work, why do you think there is progression, as placeholder? Thats why games like Overwatch exist for people like you who dont want any progression and only super fair arena 1v1's.

While I agree with you that MMOPRG != fair and balanced pvp, I'd amend it to "in most cases". There are some out there that actually try at least. GW2 being the most known example. And a lot of MMORPGs do it by separating PvP from PvE, if not 100% at least enough to where the best gear in PvE is subpar in PvP and vice versa. But that's much harder to do if you also want open world PvP, which a very vocal group of BDO players just have to have.

Posted

If this game goes full P2W & F2P it will be another mediocre MMORPG. Shame, it could be so much more with a few adjustments and a better model.

Posted

You should probably spend your time doing something to make more money.

You should probably move into a third world country and tell us how to make more money.

Imbecils....

2 people like this

Posted

Before getting into conclusions i think we should at least wait the release of all the awakenings and see if it was true that they are going to fix things. Even tho they created this problem themself by staggering the release of the awakenings...

Still it's surprising to see that people who abused (not exploited, read carefully before getting triggered and throw random insults like you were doing in every other thread ;)) were all "you should just care about yourself and enjoy your game, just don't look at what the others are doing!!" after seeing this thread suddently get mad about others getting stronger by paying. 

That being said i don't think full pay to win without limits is a good idea. Yes i would increase the pay to win by increasing the price of costumes, value packs etc at the marketplace, that maybe would solve the issue of items disappearing istantly, but full pay to win to the point where if you don't throw 500€/$ every month you can't even imagine to compete then no. And trust me there are lot of people who are willing to do this and even spend a lot more. That wouldn't be an healthy competition for sure. 

Posted

OP still doesnt realize that theres arena PvP incoming, so I still dont get this topic.

Posted (edited)

You should probably move into a third world country and tell us how to make more money.

Imbecils....

I wouldn't do it by playing a video game. I wonder how a county goes from 3rd to 1st world? 

Probably takes a bit of effort on the part of the people living there.

Edited by LONGTIME
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

P2W only works correctly without killing a game when people that don't P2W can still compete at a decent level. Not even NEET levels of 24/7 grinding would compete with OP's system, people that pay money would 100% be the absolute best, no question therefore it will never work, or at the very best, become a super niche game with barely any players.

The only difference between NA/EU and KR is that we don't have valks cry. Even KR has a pearl limit

BDO's only saving grace in this aspect right now is that you DON'T have to P2W anything other than pets, costumes and weight to be competitive on either version.

Valks cry are commonly given away for free in KR, and pets/costumes can be bought on the market. I made all my T3's via the market. I have 7 ranger costumes, 6 berserker costumes, all bought with in-game silver. Weight I bought on both chars, although since rangers need 0 pots to farm, my zerker with 300 less LT can farm 2x as long as my ranger and we are both level 58 with full TRI/TET gear.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

P2W only works correctly without killing a game when people that don't P2W can still compete. Not even NEET levels of 24/7 grinding would compete with OP's system, therefore it will never work.

The only difference between NA/EU and KR is that we don't have valks cry. Even KR has a pearl limit

You want to say that they don't have Kame(7d) ? (was there 3 month ago)

Edited by Raekwon333

Posted

You want to say that they don't have Kame(7d) ?

As much as I love the kamsilve buff most koreans still think it doesn't work and only works on trash drops. These are however given away quite often on KR too.

Posted

I think OP should have learn what "p2w" means because I haven't seen yet a single post with such amounts of misuses of this term and believe me I have seen alot of things.....

Posted

P2W only works correctly without killing a game when people that don't P2W can still compete at a decent level. Not even NEET levels of 24/7 grinding would compete with OP's system, people that pay money would 100% be the absolute best, no question therefore it will never work, or at the very best, become a super niche game with barely any players.

BDO's only saving grace in this aspect right now is that you DON'T have to P2W anything other than pets, costumes and weight to be competitive on either version.

Valks cry are commonly given away for free in KR, and pets/costumes can be bought on the market. I made all my T3's via the market. I have 7 ranger costumes, 6 berserker costumes, all bought with in-game silver. Weight I bought on both chars, although since rangers need 0 pots to farm, my zerker with 300 less LT can farm 2x as long as my ranger and we are both level 58 with full TRI/TET gear.

Well, from a PvP point of view, I don't understand this aversion towards p2w in context of the current system. So you are saying that in the extreme scenario I described, even the greatest nolifer can no longer compete? Well that's precisely my point, currently we have the exact opposite situation where ONLY the nolifer can compete (at least if things continue at this rate). If you cannot play during off-hours, you are at a huge disadvantage (see grind-spots and wb's). And apparently as it just turned out, if you didn't log into all three servers these past few months you are at a huge disadvantage as well. There is no competition to be had for the majority of players, which in term results in exactly what you described above: In a super niche game with barely any players - at least when it comes to participating in PvP.

As far as I'm concerned, I would prefer to PvP with players of similar level and stats and have our ability to play (mostly) decide the outcome. The introduction of +20 gear as well as the bi-weekly awakenings has to a large degree prevented this from happening compared to how things were back with +15 being the max. The whole "I grinded sausans for 1000000 hours and deserve to destroy everyone in pvp now" goes against everything I consider as competitive PvP. But yeah, maybe competition is what people in favor of the current system are afraid of...

I think OP should have learn what "p2w" means because I haven't seen yet a single post with such amounts of misuses of this term and believe me I have seen alot of things.....

By all means, share your insights. I can teach you some sarcasm in return.

Posted

1/2 of the "KR style" arent even in KR LOL.

Boss gears not cash shop in KR, and the price of items in KR are still the same as here. And the Valks Cry which was stated to "have no place in this server" is still being mentioned lol.

But keep spouting nonsense. Maybe theyll listen, after all the campaign of one stupid individual made the merge idea visible, so whos to say. 

I like this suggestions, literal QQing that will lead to more QQing should it gets followed. Self fulfilling prophecy indeed. 

Posted (edited)

Well, from a PvP point of view, I don't understand this aversion towards p2w in context of the current system. So you are saying that in the extreme scenario I described, even the greatest nolifer can no longer compete? Well that's precisely my point, currently we have the exact opposite situation where ONLY the nolifer can compete (at least if things continue at this rate). If you cannot play during off-hours, you are at a huge disadvantage (see grind-spots and wb's). And apparently as it just turned out, if you didn't log into all three servers these past few months you are at a huge disadvantage as well. There is no competition to be had for the majority of players, which in term results in exactly what you described above: In a super niche game with barely any players - at least when it comes to participating in PvP.

As far as I'm concerned, I would prefer to PvP with players of similar level and stats and have our ability to play (mostly) decide the outcome. The introduction of +20 gear as well as the bi-weekly awakenings has to a large degree prevented this from happening compared to how things were back with +15 being the max. The whole "I grinded sausans for 1000000 hours and deserve to destroy everyone in pvp now" goes against everything I consider as competitive PvP. But yeah, maybe competition is what people in favor of the current system are afraid of...

100$ gets you over 300m of value in artisans memories. Memory fragments ARE the bottleneck for high end boss gear. 450 pearls = 10x artisans = 20 mem frags.

11500 pearls / 450 = 25. 250 artisans = 500 memory fragments, 500 x 750,000 = 375m for 100$

Someone who spends money on artisan memories can easily compete with no-lifers, especially when there's ways to make 40-60m/day purely afk now.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

sarcasm as wel las difficult terms requires skill to use, if you learn the meaning of all terms you have used in your post you may realise that your sarcasm attempt have failed.

100$ gets you over 300m in artisans memories. Memory fragments ARE the bottleneck for high end gear.

Someone who spends money on artisan memories can easily compete with no-lifers, especially when there's ways to make 40-60m/day purely afk now.

I have heard even more if you know things and have high enought one specific life skill

[claim was 100m a day purely with workers with trade level master2 don't have trade master 2 yet to confirm or decline this claim though]

Posted

sarcasm as wel las difficult terms requires skill to use, if you learn the meaning of all terms you have used in your post you may realise that your sarcasm attempt have failed.

I have heard even more if you know things and have high enought one specific life skill

[claim was 100m a day purely with workers with trade level master2 don't have trade master 2 yet to confirm or decline this claim though]

Master2 trading is in its own tier. It can make over 100m/day with not much effort. It's the one lifeskill that literally churns shit-tons of profit, but others ones do churn good profit too, the key is having over 250cp and good workers.

Posted

Master2 trading is in its own tier. It can make over 100m/day with not much effort. It's the one lifeskill that literally churns shit-tons of profit, but others ones do churn good profit too, the key is having over 250cp and good workers.

point stays enforced :)

Posted (edited)

-snip-

It has already been explained by many why adding more p2w stuff in the cash shop actually have the opposite effect, as in widening the gap between players. I remember @Ginrei explained it quite well on at least 1 occasion so look up his post about it.

Either the devs lower the impact gear and lvls has or ppl that want to compete start spending more time on the game.

EDIT2: And for ----- sake FIX the forums

GOOGLECHROMEEMERGENCYEDIT: Did it work?

Edited by Korvgubben

Posted

I don't really get the point of your wall of text since in our servers you can p2w as deep as your wallet goes with artisans which is not possible in KR, since they have a cap of 400$(?) per month.

If you were honestly asking for PEN gear on the cash shop you are plain retarded. The moment you start handing enchanted gear in the cash shop game economy dies and game will follow. Plain and simple.

However at this point i wouldn't mind them to just delete the cash shop limit. There is already infinite p2w with artisans and there is already 99% of the playerbase trying to snipe cash shop items.

Posted

I wouldn't do it by playing a video game. I wonder how a county goes from 3rd to 1st world? 

Do the opposite of what Sweden is doing

1 person likes this

Posted

Well if the full p2w come in the na/eu im pretty sure the population will die in the next few week  enjoy spending 800$ + for your few week of fame lol 

Posted

biggest thing they need to do in my mind is make instanced pvp arenas with its own inclusive, balanced gear choices. gear that people can just have for arena use only