• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Server Merge Contradiction?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Remember all those morons who repeatedly said Pearl/Kakao is a business only focused on money?  They said the cash shop and other changes where to reap the biggest rewards.

Look at them now, merging servers because they lost so many customers.

Tisk Tisk Kakao, sometimes integrity yields the greatest rewards.

Posted

I think its more that the customers they have are howling to merge the servers for Nodewars etc, which have been underpopulated since the first week of nodewars

Posted

Remember all those morons who repeatedly said Pearl/Kakao is a business only focused on money?  They said the cash shop and other changes where to reap the biggest rewards.

Sever merging was going to happen and it happens in every game.  #click bait 

Posted

Sever merging was going to happen and it happens in every game.  #click bait 

When a game is highly successful they often add additional servers to support their player base.  If BDO had more players they would shift to under populated servers and it would eventually require new ones.  You would see "crowded" on your creation and know it may be wise to choose a different server.

It's unquestionable that millions of people saw unflattering posts, videos, blogs, reviews etc, about BDO's changes.  That has a major impact on the sales and population of the game.

This isn't that complicated.

2 people like this

Posted

I bet they will lose even more customers because of the merge....customers like me...

Why ? NOT because of the merge BUT because of how they manage the server-merge, i don't accept that so many players get three times the stuff + LP + free Value Packs  and so on and KAKAO gives a shit about it. So i will give a shit about the game ...

I have spent a good amount of money, because i like the game, but now i will stop spending money and i guess i will even stop playing.

Am i salty ? Yes 

Am i tired of getting fu... by a game company ? Yes

What can i do ? Stop spending money ...

Wish you guys all the best and fun with BDO !

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I bet they will lose even more customers because of the merge....customers like me...

Why ? NOT because of the merge BUT because of how they manage the server-merge, i don't accept that so many players get three times the stuff + LP + free Value Packs  and so on and KAKAO gives a shit about it. So i will give a shit about the game ...

I have spent a good amount of money, because i like the game, but now i will stop spending money and i guess i will even stop playing.

Am i salty ? Yes 

What you can do is pay attention, network with people, and research which companies are worth investing in.

I haven't followed Path of Exile lately, but their business practices where one of the best in the industry and they held up their standards.

They had a written statement on their website stating they would sell vanity items because they wanted to maintain the integrity and balance of their game.  They had amazing success from a rather unknown small company.  I hope they maintain this ideology and help prove that taking the high road can yield the best results.

#businesspracticematters

BDO's common practice would be to release valk crystals to milk the few remaining customers instead of trying to retain it's customers on a long term basis.

Edited by 2Cents
1 person likes this

Posted

What a smartellik

Posted

Yay, more blind and baseless speculation.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Am i salty ? Yes 

Yeah I'm leaving if this doesnt change as well. I think they will lose a lot of people over this. Guys can continue to say "cya".. but this game will either close or be f2p really soon. They could have done this merge in a way that was unlikely to upset many at all. They chose a different road. 

Edited by Reklaw67
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yay, more blind and baseless speculation.

If only there was some form of evidence.  If people would speak up and inform others about it.

I guess it just doesn't exist, like in the POST DIRECTLY ABOVE THIS

Or if there where other signs like 1,000's of videos, being able to see how players are around you, or some way to see when the server population is "crowded".  I guess we will just have to rely on blind chance and never really know.

Edited by 2Cents

Posted

the game was designed for 1 mega server about time we got it.... IMO split servers was a horrible idea 

1 person likes this

Posted

If only there was some form of evidence.  If people would speak up and inform others about it.

I guess it just doesn't exist, like in the POST DIRECTLY ABOVE THIS

Or if there where other signs like 1,000's of videos, being able to see how players are around you, or some way to see when the server population is "crowded".  I guess we will just have to rely on blind chance and never really know.

You have no hard evidence to support that BDO's playerbase is declining. The only thing I would take as hard fact that the playerbase is declining is if someone found a way to tap into the concurrent connections listed on Kakao's server box. Other than that, everything else that everyone claims to be hard fact is just baseless speculation.

2 people like this

Posted

You have no hard evidence to support that BDO's playerbase is declining. The only thing I would take as hard fact that the playerbase is declining is if someone found a way to tap into the concurrent connections listed on Kakao's server box. Other than that, everything else that everyone claims to be hard fact is just baseless speculation.

Oh my gosh your so right.

I can't tell when the busy times are because I don't have direct statistical analysis to spoon feed me.

How could I possibly discern that the server population is less at 2am than 6pm.

Posted

the game was designed for 1 mega server about time we got it.... IMO split servers was a horrible idea 

Posted

They are adding 24 channels so it's basically the same 

3x12 is now 1x36. 

Doesn't really suggest anything, player base wise.

Posted

They are adding 24 channels so it's basically the same 

3x12 is now 1x36. 

Doesn't really suggest anything, player base wise.

I love ya Arianator, but c'mon. They normally merge servers in games to help with low populations. They state in their FAQ that they're doing it to increase the population playing together, indicating they feel keeping the populations in thirds isn't working. Now, true, it doesn't necessarily mean the population is declining, it could just mean they finally realized it won't grow enough to support three servers. Hard to really know since no statistics are published or really even very guessable. But the change does suggest that the player base isn't enough to support three servers per region.

Now that inference may be totally wrong, I'll grant that. Another conspiracy theory is that they're making one server because it's cheaper, both in hardware costs and in people costs in maintaining, patching, etc. and that the whole FAQ is just spin.

But as far as the channel count goes, and inferring data based on that: I'd bet channels are cheap. They could probably make 100 channels without really changing the hardware (just an educated guess based on my work experience). I'd guess they picked 36 just to give the appearance of "there's no real change here folks, other than merged marketplaces and node wars".

But yeah, we're all just guessing since they say and do weird things constantly. =)

1 person likes this

Posted

When a game is highly successful they often add additional servers to support their player base.  If BDO had more players they would shift to under populated servers and it would eventually require new ones.  You would see "crowded" on your creation and know it may be wise to choose a different server.

It's unquestionable that millions of people saw unflattering posts, videos, blogs, reviews etc, about BDO's changes.  That has a major impact on the sales and population of the game.

This isn't that complicated.

never said it was just unavoidable was the point 

Posted (edited)

Server merge was done in KR and the population was already good, and after the merge it went up. The merge is not for population issues, the merge is for siege population issues. There's not enough guilds on each server fighting for T3 nodes. There's normally 3-4 guilds per region and sometimes 8-10 guilds on one region, but then that means 1 or 2 other regions sometimes go uncontested.

This change is to impact end-game PvP, that is where there is an issue. This game is a grindy game and the top grinders and pvp players have culminated in the top guilds, causing a monopoly on region wars. This discourages other guilds and they don't even compete.

KR had to add channels after the server merge because of the influx of people right after.

WoW has a megaserver now, GW2 has a megaserver now. These are the two most popular NA MMORPG's right now, followed by ESO and probably BDO.

Every MMORPG that is released from now until the future should always have a megaserver, if you don't have one you are already shooting yourself in the foot as a gaming company.

Edited by Catclaw