• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The unfairness of the merge and the solution

12 posts in this topic

Posted

So we're getting a merge and people who hoarded items from events on all servers even if they didn't play actively or level up actively characters on those servers are going to get a massive power boost for no reason or effort at all, that's really unfair, and the solution is easy.

- Make people choose which characters from which server they will keep and which items from which server they will keep.

- Make people choose the server from which they will keep their character/items and the rest is deleted.

- Make people choose a server and the items on other server will become bound to the family.

There are plenty of ways to make it fair, equaly good or equaly bad but right now this merge is going to be plain unfair, think and fix that.

Posted

How bout you take a leap off of a bridge buddy, you think your idiotic solution is fair? How bout the fact you and your friends, because I know your friends are butthurt because you either were too stupid or lazy to plan for the future. So how is it fair that I have characters level 50+ on other servers and actively played them, and now you think I should lose all of my time and effort? Thats what is wrong with todays society, everyone is a bunch of cry babies and cannot handle the fact that no matter what, there will be players ahead of others forever, some people are just more dedicated than others. 

Posted

Yeah cause the only suggestion I made was to delete everything but the stuff you had on one server riiiight, I absolutly made no other suggestion riiiight, and I absolutly pretend that my solutions are the fairest of them all : "There are plenty of ways to make it fair, equaly good or equaly bad", sounds to me like you were born with little prostiwhore syndrome.

Posted

- Make people choose which characters from which server they will keep and which items from which server they will keep.

- Make people choose the server from which they will keep their character/items and the rest is deleted.

- Make people choose a server and the items on other server will become bound to the family.

No, no, and no. Maybe the event items, yeah. But you can't pretend it's "fair" to discredit other player's grinding and gathering on another server. In the end, the way the event handled is the problem. It should've been choose one server to get the items on. It's too late now. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't have an opinion, I just feel like adding my two cents, which is:

I see a whole lot of sniping and complaining, not a lot of suggesting alternatives, so lay off peoples. Some people may just not have the knowledge to share your perspective.

Posted (edited)

No, no, and no. Maybe the event items, yeah. But you can't pretend it's "fair" to discredit other player's grinding and gathering on another server. In the end, the way the event handled is the problem. It should've been choose one server to get the items on. It's too late now. 

I agree with this. I don't care if people keep the contribution, silver, gold ingots obtained from leveling, etc. from other servers, but merging event items such as boss gear and golden items, is a huge mistake. @CM_Aethon

Edited by Catgrill
1 person likes this

Posted

Making only event items bound to the family is a good solution, also I read some people suggesting splitting the characters on different servers into different accounts.

Posted (edited)

The problem with making the event item family bound is that some people have sold or will sell their event items ahead of time. Need to force people to choose one server before merge and let customer service deal with the special circumstances by looking at playtime on the servers. If a player has like 200 hours on one server and 2 hours on another than its obvious they only used the other server for the attendance rewards.

Some people may avoid this by playing more than 2 hours on a server to make it look like they actively played on it, which is where it may get complicated, so CS will have to look at when that playtime occurred (in the last week before announcement for example is suspicious). At least this way it will get most people who abused the system.

Edited by Sleepingstone

Posted

Just split the accounts and give them the ability to move all of there pearl items to 1 account if they want. They get to keep what the "earned" and the new players and others wont get screwed while not making the game any more unfair or unbalanced.

Posted

How about no.

Posted

As a person that started on one server and then changed server, spend some money on both servers, Pets, storage , costumes etc etc, so you are telling me i should choose what server i want as a main and the rest  of my money goes to the bin? Tell me how faire that is  mate... I am happy to see that they will merge all the servers and so i will get everything back... sure we have an advantage  but hey its liek what? i month worth ? come on its not like its going to break the game ...

Posted

As a person that started on one server and then changed server, spend some money on both servers, Pets, storage , costumes etc etc, so you are telling me i should choose what server i want as a main and the rest  of my money goes to the bin? Tell me how faire that is  mate... I am happy to see that they will merge all the servers and so i will get everything back... sure we have an advantage  but hey its liek what? i month worth ? come on its not like its going to break the game ...

no not gonna break the game just create in even bigger power gap than the one that exists now