• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why The Game Lost So Many Players

127 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Life isn't fair.. get over it.  Only people who demand fairness in everything are people who wallow in mediocrity.

We are in a game to have great time and fun.

BDO ( like most of the asian games ) build most of the system around cash shop to promote cash shop usage. Its not even a gamedesign, but a money milking design.

Not saying, since ppl like you seem to have hard time to get it, even in games providing "fairness" its still not going to be fair because every players are different, but at least, thoses games are build around skill - decision - smartness - players ability - teamplay.. etc. ( so ability to improove yourself because you are an actor )

And not build the whole game around dice throwing to make all thoses dumb players happy because they arent able to handle anything when they really are in charge. Are you that weak that you need to defend a game system assisting you like a little baby ?

So, even if you want to try your "life isnt fair", at least, in life you are in charge of your action, you are responsible, you have to be smart, improove yourself, learn.. etc.

In BDO, what do you do ? you rely at 98% on rng to """progress"""" ( that considering you success to consider a value increase as a "progression"  = gear upgrade ), as player.. well there isnt anything else really to do, the game mainly play for you.

You could have spare us from that cheapest "comparison", or at least do it right ;)

Edited by woots

Posted

Another person that thinks they can get a tri ogre ring with only 4 rings

luck has very little to do with things in the long run. 

Do you have any idea what long run means when it comes to RNG? You think long run is 100 tries (want to see you get 100 Ogre)? Well try again, thousands is still low for the long run. TET Ogre is estimated at over 220 rings, yet a player on Alustin got it for like what 10? (first tri TRI and TET). So before posting nonsense try to understand the subject first.

On a serious note, if you dislike RNG, then just avoid it entirely.

focus on trading and grinding to get monster sellibles and items, farm tokens you can trade in for black stones and force stuff to 15 repairing as you go, then just trade trade trade trade trade trade trade trade trade until you have LOTS oh moneys then just buy high end gear right from the auction house.

Yeah good luck trying to get TRI let alone TET jewelry on the market. Because they are massivly underpriced for how much they cost to make, barely anyone ever sells those. But keep dreaming.

Posted

So the game has lost a great amount of players since release for many different reason but the top reason is definitely the RNG system. That great system where your progress doesn't matter or how many hours you've spend grinding and farming. People are here to have fun not to play lucky slots and yeah i get it, it has to be hard to enchant items, make them better, etc but throwing an RNG system on everything is not a solution... it's lazy development. Most players if not all hate that especially when it comes to enhancing accessories which is too punishing. We all know that the player base is dropping and for those that don't well, open your eyes and speak. Today i lost a bunch of good accessories because i wasn't lucky since that's all you need to make your character stronger. Yeah there are those times that your enchantment succeeded and you loved it but why make something so fun rely on luck?

Anyway i know this topic wont change a single thing because the developers are on "Don't Care" mode but at least i said what i wanted to say. I will keep playing this game but I'm honestly really bummed by some stuff that ruin the fun of the game and i don't get it why do they have to add those fun ruiners in something that can be just plain fun while being difficult at the same time. I'd hate to see this game go F2P or even shut down but that's ordinary nowadays i guess.

I've already had several rants on lazy dev system on adding RNG to everything they bring out but no one listens to me >,> they troll me. Meh good luck

Posted

Why, to be honest "games" which are spinning around "fair" play are most succesful games anyway, like shooters, mobas. 

Even if u go for MMOs, GW2 and WoW, are completely fair, and more successful then games like BDO ever will.

I'd remove GW2 from that list. Other than the initial box sales GW2 has been at the bottom or flirting with it.

Posted

I think the biggest downer for me personally is rbf. Lower geared players should get some kinda buff to face off against those tet dudes. Even if node wars stayed the same id be satisfied. As it is right now a lvl 57 player will miss about 50% of his/her attacks against a lvl59. Thats 2 lvl difference. In rbf you dont even need skill if you had rngezus on your side. Just spam high damage ability and win. It doesnt encourage teamwork when 1 guy can take on 4 and kick their ass with enough hp to do it again when they spawn.

Posted (edited)

Lag and bugs. Sure there are the rage quits, life is unfair, drama grief, my luck sucks situations.

But the lag is the ultimate killer here and with it its long unpatched bugs sidekick.

Nothing demotivated and makes people quit faster then those two. You can hate the game and then justify it for playing. But when shit hits the fan for no reasons due to lag and bugs, that stigma stays.

Edited by Kuu

Posted (edited)

So the game has lost a great amount of players since release for many different reason but the top reason is definitely the RNG system. That great system where your progress doesn't matter or how many hours you've spend grinding and farming. People are here to have fun not to play lucky slots and yeah i get it, it has to be hard to enchant items, make them better, etc but throwing an RNG system on everything is not a solution... it's lazy development. Most players if not all hate that especially when it comes to enhancing accessories which is too punishing. We all know that the player base is dropping and for those that don't well, open your eyes and speak. Today i lost a bunch of good accessories because i wasn't lucky since that's all you need to make your character stronger. Yeah there are those times that your enchantment succeeded and you loved it but why make something so fun rely on luck?

Anyway i know this topic wont change a single thing because the developers are on "Don't Care" mode but at least i said what i wanted to say. I will keep playing this game but I'm honestly really bummed by some stuff that ruin the fun of the game and i don't get it why do they have to add those fun ruiners in something that can be just plain fun while being difficult at the same time. I'd hate to see this game go F2P or even shut down but that's ordinary nowadays i guess.

I couldn't disagree more......sorry.

The RNG system has been the same since launch.

If anything, with all the free loot being given away lately, it's become a moot point.

You want a real reason people have left? Archeage!

A large portion of this community is made up of people who came from Archeage.

They left Archeage because of the blatant p2w scheme the game employs.

Archeage just released a server dedicated to not having p2w.......YET!

I can't get over how many people have actually gone back.

After they got burned so badly the first time around.

It's almost like these players have Stockholm Syndrome.

I anxiously await their salty tears once that server goes p2w as well in the next year or so.

Edited by OldCuban

Posted

We are in a game to have great time and fun.

BDO ( like most of the asian games ) build most of the system around cash shop to promote cash shop usage. Its not even a gamedesign, but a money milking design.

Well well... How can it be that I am having a blast then? :P Invalid point. 

Posted (edited)

That´s quite possible, doesn´t makes the point less valid tho. Asian games lack depth, content and are rng-infested lazy design money milking games. I can understand that you like the milking part. ;)

Edit: BDO is just good at hiding that behind an awesome eye candy. It´s like buying an Ferrari with a VW Beetle motor.

If that´s enough for you. That´s totally ok.

Edited by Traythor

Posted

That´s quite possible, doesn´t makes the point less valid tho. Asian games lack depth, content and are rng-infested lazy design money milking games. I can understand that you like the milking part. ;)

Edit: BDO is just good at hiding that behind an awesome eye candy.

If that´s enough for you. That´s totally ok.

Of course that is fine by me :P Call it whatever you want, but you just described life.

Posted

You dont think a lot before posting something dont you ?

Posted

Of course that is fine by me :P Call it whatever you want, but you just described life.

Hardly - for life is full of depth and excitement. Ofc it´s also full of people who want to sell you shit to grab your money, too. Much like Kakao.

So there are similarities. :)

Posted

You dont think a lot before posting something dont you ?

Seems like you're still playing... !wait not playing!... just retarded?

Posted (edited)

Seems like you're still playing... !wait not playing!... just retarded?

Confirmed. You dont think. You are not "good" enough to be able to write decent bait. You should stick with rng to success something on your BDO life. The rest, is out of your league.

Edited by woots

Posted

Confirmed. You dont think. You are not "good" enough to be able to write decent bait. You should stick with rng to success something on your BDO life. The rest, is out of your league.

And you should just quit BDO now that you think it is sooooo unfair to you rather than keep crying like a baby on the forum!

Posted

The game lost players because you can't please everyone, everything is simply not for everyone, etc.

Unless you have a vast and in depth study based on claims, backed with proof, backing and warrant, what you're saying means nothing.

Posted

So the game has lost a great amount of players since release

Source? :) 

Posted

The merge is happening  so I can get an easy 600m after my warehouses combine. Its all about ME.

Posted

...it's lazy development.

^This 

I mean thats the tl;dr why BDO "endgame" and even midgame sucks d!ck and why so many players are leaving.

Posted

Calling WOW fair is a joke right? Like a trolling bad attempt at a joke?!

Also this B.S. about rng being prevalent in korean MMO's has got to stop. 

BAD STEREOTYPE IS -----ING BAD.

Newsflash EVERY MMO RELIES ON RNG, just painted differently and it's shocking how many of you fail to recognize that.

For crying out loud, the term WELFARE EPICS was born because people (casuals, sorry to say but true) demanded epics for their "time" spent in WOW so they released lesser tier PURPLE EPICS for tokens and LFR to appease these people's.

Know how many people raged about welfare epics ruining WOW? Also their numbers have been plummeting since that change!

I can't believe how many people wallow in ignorance. People raided WOW for over a year without having full set of raiding gear because of RNG. In the 2nd expansion, Outland or whatever, after almost 2 years, only about 8% of the TOTAL population killed the last RAIDING BOSS out of -----ing over 12 million subscribers.

12 -----ing million and only 8% killed last boss to have a CHANCE at BIS loot for every single class.

SO NO RNG IN WESTERN MMO'S?!

Shit DKP and point systems were created SPECIFICALLY TO COMBAT RNG DROPS. In 

ABSOLUTELY LOVE HOW MANY OF YOU FORGET THIS AND IN YOUR RACISM SAY THAT RNG IS HEAVY IN KORENA OR EASTERN MMO'S WHEN IT'S A FUNDAMENTAL DESIGN OF MMO'S AND GAMING IN GENERAL!

Sorry about the caps, but I'm sick of these lies about western mmo's not having RNG or little RNG when it's just hidden behind different design.

Can't stress this enough!

1 person likes this

Posted

Newsflash EVERY MMO RELIES ON RNG, just painted differently and it's shocking how many of you fail to recognize that.

For crying out loud, the term WELFARE EPICS was born because people (casuals, sorry to say but true) demanded epics for their "time" spent in WOW so they released lesser tier PURPLE EPICS for tokens and LFR to appease these people's.

Know how many people raged about welfare epics ruining WOW? Also their numbers have been plummeting since that change!

I can't believe how many people wallow in ignorance. People raided WOW for over a year without having full set of raiding gear because of RNG. In the 2nd expansion, Outland or whatever, after almost 2 years, only about 8% of the TOTAL population killed the last RAIDING BOSS out of -----ing over 12 million subscribers.

12 -----ing million and only 8% killed last boss to have a CHANCE at BIS loot for every single class.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE HOW MANY OF YOU FORGET THIS AND IN YOUR RACISM SAY THAT RNG IS HEAVY IN KORENA OR EASTERN MMO'S WHEN IT'S A FUNDAMENTAL DESIGN OF MMO'S AND GAMING IN GENERAL!

Sorry about the caps, but I'm sick of these lies about western mmo's not having RNG or little RNG when it's just hidden behind different design.

Pavo they are just to stupid to see it. I have to use the word stupid, because that is really what they are if they believe that there is no RNG in western mmo's. Woots will disagree tho, because he lives in bambi-land with is non bambi RNG friends.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well at least that 8% did something fairly enjoyable like a raid hence they got their gear rather than just farming the same mobs 10 hours a day every day so they can throw more dice till they ~failstack~ high enough to have a chance at some progression...

Posted

Well at least that 8% did something fairly enjoyable like a raid hence they got their gear rather than just farming the same mobs 10 hours a day every day so they can throw more dice till they ~failstack~ high enough to have a chance at some progression...

No They just farmed the same boss over and over again 10 hours a day :D 

Posted

No They just farmed the same boss over and over again 10 hours a day :D 

Was that an exploit like shovelling cause as far as I know those things were on a weekly basis.

Posted

Was that an exploit like shovelling cause as far as I know those things were on a weekly basis.

hahaha bad example. Have no Idea about WoW - only the basic knowledge :P