• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

90 posts in this topic

Posted

so everyone and there mother is talking about about how great the character creation of black desert is and alot of forums youtubers etc. back this up..... i was so excited to play an action MMORPG in which i can create a character that looks like me or in my image because i am so sick of playing female characters

so another game that brags about their character creation and lacks the ability to create any black character, i try to create a character in my image and he only looks Indian i am a black male, i am not white, Asian, Indian etc

if any sees character that looks remotely like the ones in these pictures please let me know 

1970s-Hairstyles-for-Men_18.jpg

9273bbf105665ff5abaf4fa68197c584.jpg

1443187837_Black-Men-Long-Hairstyles.jpg

20-black-men-best-haircuts-mens-hairstyles-2014-with-regard-to-hairstyles-for-black-men-with-afros-hairstyles-for-black-men-with-afros-regarding-hairstyle.jpg

10-The-Afro-Okay.jpg

1428376887978.jpg

2015-Fall-Winter-2016-Hairstyles-for-Natural-Hair-9.jpg

Black-afro-curly.jpg

black-men-haircuts-5-min.jpg

download.jpg

full-afro-beard-styles.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

As far as I am familiar with Korean culture, they do not consider the features of people of color very...err...interesting. Since their primary target audience is Korean/Asian, they could probably not be bothered to implement those options in the game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

We pointed out, discussed and requested something similar almost a year ago >> Here (in a highly edited and less than representative thread of what it once was).

I've now come to the following conclusions:

1.) Hairstyles overall are lacking in both availability and maneuverability - ethic or not

2.) They don't care

3.) The character creator is more robust now that I've had 8 months to play with it and yes there are now better templates for cultured character creation out there. This in part is due to the unlimited alterations allowed by the value pack and the addition of the ingame beauty album.

4.) Noses are still problematic

5.) I've still not seen the supposed influx of characters of color that were mentioned when Valencia came out.

6.) Bobby Lauren is a brotha ¬¬

7.) I'd rock my baby fro if I could

Edited by Trixologist
3 people like this

Posted

You can make a hot korean waifu what more do you want

13 people like this

Posted

the 4th image looks like the character Louis Logic. 

But yeah theres not many black npc's either.

Posted

<facepalm>

Are we really complaining about this?

This community whines about every freaking little thing.

7 people like this

Posted

the blackspirit looks like them

9 people like this

Posted

To be fair, zerkers get dreds.

But besides the one class that gets dreds, the abominable porcupine 'fro some other male classes can get, and the one female class that gets half cornrolls, there's not much uniquely black (talking black c4 hair, not all the permed and straightened mess) that this game offers.

But that's most games. Although it's infinitely easier to animate, it's just not part of the "medieval" aesthetic.

Welcome to mmos.

2016-11-13_1033959806.JPG

6 people like this

Posted

This is originally a Korean MMO, so it is understandable that they don't offer a lot of diversity in their content. Things will change, I'm sure.

Posted

I can hardly blame them for not having a nappy hair option

Posted

Why can't you play as an asian or white person? You must be racist.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

We should at least acknowledge the fact that darker skin tones even exist. correct me if i'm wrong, but before the NA/EU versions launched, anything but pale white skin wasn't even available. Maybe more diverse customization options will come in the future, but for now  i just make my dude black and experiment with all the other features.

2016-03-13_-2077803621.thumb.JPG.de3f62d2016-06-02_149657746.thumb.JPG.8f6f6c4e42016-09-18_1017997811.thumb.JPG.0b8d569e2016-09-15_712344325.thumb.JPG.1de09a0f32016-09-15_779913693.thumb.JPG.ed301948e

Edited by Canarsie
4 people like this

Posted

We should at least acknowledge the fact that darker skin tones even exist. correct me if i'm wrong, but before the NA/EU versions launched, anything but pale white skin wasn't even available. Maybe more diverse customization options will come in the future, but for now  i just make my dude black and experiment with all the other features.

2016-03-13_-2077803621.thumb.JPG.de3f62d2016-06-02_149657746.thumb.JPG.8f6f6c4e42016-09-18_1017997811.thumb.JPG.0b8d569e2016-09-15_712344325.thumb.JPG.1de09a0f32016-09-15_779913693.thumb.JPG.ed301948e

That's supposed to be a black dude? Looks like something out of "The Thing" 

Posted

rly, what should i say if i want my chars to have blue/purple/gray skin? we need more hairstyles and base faces... imo they should also make all male/female faces/hair avaible for all classes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its a Korean Game

Posted

Don't you think that making a black character and going around during the rain / dark PKing people would be a little insensitive?

Posted

Racism!

Posted

so everyone and there mother is talking about about how great the character creation of black desert is and alot of forums youtubers etc. back this up..... i was so excited to play an action MMORPG in which i can create a character that looks like me or in my image because i am so sick of playing female characters

so another game that brags about their character creation and lacks the ability to create any black character, i try to create a character in my image and he only looks Indian i am a black male, i am not white, Asian, Indian etc

if any sees character that looks remotely like the ones in these pictures please let me know 

The character creator is really good. Probably the best in any MMO. But it is also limited. You can make pretty unique and realist characters, but you can't deviate too far away from Asian-looking(?) i guess. 

Posted (edited)

A black friend of mine made a character based on himself just fine. He's a Musa or Ninja, don't remember exactly which. Okay it's Ninja. Of course so very asian looking but ohwell.

This is a Korean MMO, so of course certain ethnic groups won't be completely represented. Just make due with what you can.

Edited by PandoraRose

Posted

correct me if i'm wrong, but before the NA/EU versions launched, anything but pale white skin wasn't even available.

Completely false.

Posted

This is a Korean MMO, so of course certain ethnic groups won't be completely represented. 

just cuz it's a korean MMO doesn't implicitly mean certain ethnic groups won't be completely represented. 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I want more dreadlocks too tbh. Th whole it's korean culture thing is -----ing stupid. The devs are just dumb or lazy when it comes to this type of thing. There are tons of other KR MMORPGs that offer variance with character design even if its less complex than BDO. A game like vindictus which came out in like 2010 in the WEST. has way more hair options. KR just released 2 hairs and they are nothing special, what's worse you cant customize them outside of making it slightly curly.

Im not saying BDO should be like Vindictus( thought I wouldnt mind the combat), because I know I draw a lot of comparison between the two, but seriously they have countless MMORPGs to look at for examples of how to release content with lots of various choices. ad we keep seeing costumes and hairstyles that are just void of creativity for the most part. Some costumes are definitely gems but alot of it is hit or miss or just badly designed.

Edited by NiTianErXing

Posted

The devs are just dumb or lazy when it comes to this type of thing.

>makes own proprietary game engine

>makes one of the best character customization features of any game 

>still gets called dumb and lazy

badluck_pearlabyss_guy.jpeg

7 people like this

Posted

Not to hard to make the lips/nose... skin tone is there... just a lack of hairstyles...

Posted

I hear you. The way I describe the character creator to friends is "You have a lot of flexibility within a very narrow framework"

That being said, BDOTemplates has some good templates, and you can check the beauty album as well.