• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What kind of crystals do Tamer use now?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Post awakening I realize that I'm super outdated on crystals on my gear. I'm currently using full grunil, liverto, and a needle trinket. What would the best crystal set up be? Also should I be worrying about crystals rn? Idk when I will switch over to boss gear but I feel like it'll take a very long time because I never planned to switch.

Posted

I had a similar post on the BDO reddit today. This is what I run:

• Helmet: 2 +5 Evasion (Agility) Crystals

• Chest: 2 Vigor Crystals

• Gloves: 1 Black Magic Assault & 1 Black Magic Valor Crystal

• Boots: I wear 2 different sets depending on what I'm doing. 2 Black Magic Movespeed & other pair of boots has 2 RBF Adamantines

• Kzarka: 2 Black Magic Precision Gems

• Offhand: PvE: Needle with 1 Awakened Spirit Gem & PvP: Kutum with 2 Awakened Spirit Gems

I used to max attack speed and crit, but once I learned a lot of our attacks have 80-100% crit rates already in the skills, you don't need 5 crit. I have 2 crit and eat food for 3 and that's perfectly fine.

2 people like this

Posted

We don't need max crit but we need max aspeed correct? If that's the case, how would I set up my crystals for a liverto weapon since it gives 3 crit? Maybe use 2 black magic assault crystals instead of 1 assault and 1 valor?

Posted

Yes, max attack speed is a must. Liverto 3 CRIT, 2 assault gems in gloves = 4 ATK SPD. possible to put a carmae in for 5 ATK SPD, 4 CRIT, eat serendia special for 5 CRIT. Or no carmae and eat food for 5 ATK SPD and sit on 3 CRIT.

1 person likes this

Posted

10% attack speed skill addon on echo pierce also helps =) it should be used even during cooldown because it will be refreshed.

and its all about that magic crystal of infinity - evasion :) 

Posted

2 Cobelinus crystals on Armor, 1 Assault and 1 Valor on Glove, 2 Harphia for Helmet and 2 Hystria for Shoes. My Yuria sword has a Carmae and off hand is Crit Damage crystal. Pretty shitty compared to the guys here but currently that is enough for me

Posted

My ideal set up when I finish my giath is, 2x evasion Crystal for helm, 2x cobelinus for armor, black Carmae and red battlefield Crystal power for kzarka, boots I haven't decided yet, gloves forgot what the are called but I was planning to do grapple resist on them but I might pick something else, kutum is 2x awakened black spirit.

Posted

• Helmet - 2x Ancient Magic Crystal of Enchantment - Agility
  • Chest - 2x Cobelinus (Black Magic preferred)
  • Gloves - 2x Black Magic Crystal - Assault
  • Shoes - 2x RBF Adamantine
  • Needle Trinket - Ignore Stun Resistance
  • Mainhand (Liverto) - 2x Black Magic Precision

I don't use Black Spirit or Awakened Spirit crystals because they break easily and they're too expensive to replace. They're sold out on the market on my server.

I wear a costume that gives me +1 attack speed when I PVP and I also run the Arehaza Special which gives me crit and movement speed in addition to Knight's Combat Rations and Valencia Special.

Posted

must:

Precision x2 (if you have zaka)

vigor on body for the stun/stiff resist (pretty much all awaken classes have some kind of stuns to start combos)

glove: assault and depending on your fighting type valor or grapple.

alternative

2x agility or intimidation

2x rbf adi or BS swift

Offhand you can go for Black spirit, critical attack up, or special evasion depending on your build and offhand type.

Posted

Why noone of you guys use 2x Memory crystals for helmet? It does affect the awakening skills,  i tested it multiple times and it helps me as more as the 10 evasion (was a full evasion build before). 

Posted (edited)

Casting speed ... yeah,sure it helps kappa.

I run :

2x black magic precision in kzarka

2x awakened black spirit in my Rosar

1x luck in my needle 

2x ancient magic crystal agility in my helmet 

1x RBF adamantine and 1x black spirit swiftness in my boots

2x magic crystal evasion in my chest 

1x black spirit sturdiness 1x black magic valor in my gloves. and I'm tempted to go 2x sturdiness.

Having only 170 AP is no issue for pvp I one combo most people anyway.having evasion allows me to correct mistakes if I made a bad engage or got caught 

Edited by Arlinn

Posted

Why noone of you guys use 2x Memory crystals for helmet? It does affect the awakening skills,  i tested it multiple times and it helps me as more as the 10 evasion (was a full evasion build before). 

I never tested casting speed on Tamer. Whats different?
Afaik the animation speed of our skills depends on attack speed.

Posted

I notice the 2 slots in each armor piece, is Grunil the 'go-to' now after 50 for the slots?

There was a guide I was just reading from only 8 months ago that never even mentioned Grunil, and listed garbage armor as an option.  :\

Posted

bossgear and heve has 2 crystal slots too. Most people switch to heve once they get one boss gear piece because it destroys the set bonus of grunil.

Posted (edited)

bossgear and heve has 2 crystal slots too. Most people switch to heve once they get one boss gear piece because it destroys the set bonus of grunil.

Right, but those of us that are very poor in this game...

<-----------

I was thinking of Grunil to go to now, as I'm at 55, but still not maxed out on my gear (100AP/100DP).  It also seems to be cheaper on my server than trying to get/farm Taritas, which is what I'm wearing now.

I'm not in a guild, and I have Bheg's gloves, and red nose armor set that I could put on, but there's no way I can afford to repair the durability if it goes down (again, expense).

Edited by Amodin

Posted

What about Rocaba gear? it also gives you 75 stam & evasion with the Two Gems slots per gear piece.

Posted

Some KR people use rocaba or half rocaba, but tamers still stick with boss gear, since tamers go AP and do burst hit and runs, evasion takes a nasty drop, and you basically live on guards and super armor, before flying away.

Posted

In my point of view :

• Helmet : +10 evasion
  • Chest : 2X Vigor (maybe 2X +10% special attack evasion, need tests)
  • Gloves : 2X Accuracy + grapple resist (4 accuracy is really good)
  • Shoes : 2X Black swiftness (prefer to move faster and iframe faster)
  • Kzarka : 2X precision
  • Kutum : 2X awaken spirit

I don't care about CC, most of skills have high native %. Combined with CC bonus on skill awakening it's enough and CC most of time.

I prefer to focus accuracy on gloves (maybe a bad choice ? I don't know, i feel taht it's better).