• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My last thoughts on BDO (Pve is okay. PvP is a joke)

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

PvE is well designed because you can basically sit in town and still make 20m a day depending on your turn over on the things that you craft by workers. But what do you PvE for? So you can PvP better?

PvP in this game is a joke. Basically if you're not in a big guild you can't keep numbers even, you are going to get ganked because this community is literally one of the lowest skill ceiling player that I have seen in my entire mmo experience.

Assuming that numbers numbers and gears are even?

Giants and Rangers are the best classes in PvP and let me just call out how bad korean developers are when it comes to designing classes.

a.) Let's start with Giant. 50% ignore resistance (20% ignore resistance on main hand, 20% ignore grapple on off-hand) Kutum Giant is unbeatable in 1v1s AND they still do great damage in mass PK in form of cleave. Once you are in a grab chain, not even desync is going to help you. If you get ganked by two people? You can escape them easily. Easiest PvP class in the game. You counter desync, you have so much mobility and super armor, ANY stun that you land can turn into a grapple chain assuming that you have ignore resistance.

Did I forget to say that you can 100% stomp/roar someone who already got grappled 5 times in a row possibly grabbing him 4 times more into a total of 9 times?

Did I forget to say that if you super armor at the wrong time, you get 100-0'd? Disgusting, even more disgusting if people don't know how the giant combo works.

It's basically E > Beastly Wind Slash > LMB (So no big delay after the next grab) > Corpse Storm > Beastly Wind Slash > LMB > Rock Smash > [wait a bit for E to cool down again] > E > Beastly Wind Slash > SWITCH TO IRON BUSTER > Shift + E > Shift + LMB. If they're not dead by then, that means you have no AP.

Inb4 someone tells me grapple combos don't do damage (Even tho BWS has no PvP reduction) or iron buster doesn't do any QUICK BURST in team fights once you get TRI blue buster or insane gear like this guy

You can do this with way less AP btw. This guy didn't even need to use BWS but if he did he'd still be able to burst this Maehwa.

TL;DR KR devs failed HARD when they didn't make giant balanced relative to other classes.

P.S WHY DO GIANTS HAVE NO DIMINISHING RETURNS ON CC? BUT VALK AND WARRIOR DOES? WTF

b.) Ranger

Doesn't get desynced because shotgun, wide range, AND worse of all, you gave it grapple. Seriously? It takes one grapple to KO someone at end-game. Don't believe me?

Only class that can fight awakening giant is ranger. And THAT is saying something about this pathetic oligopolistic balanced game. What they have in common is that THEY DONT GET DESYNCED AND HAVE EASY ANSWERS vs. SUPER ARMOR. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

P.S

DO NOT get me start on how Warrior and Valk gets desynced way harder than Giant or Warrior. It's disgusting how "balanced" PvP is. Very disgusting.

c.) Sorc (honorable mention)

I don't need to say anything to a class that spams evades while attacking. It's not as strong as giant or ranger, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a low skill cap attacking while evading class. Very good vs. desync as well because you have wide range AND you make use of desync as well by having A LOT of iframes. Did I mention that timing sorc evades ISN'T HARD? I honestly believe that when giant and ranger gets nerfed to balanced, this disgusting class will need to get nerfed as well so that they have the same iframes as Warrior or Valk.

Warrior and Valk are too slow and CAN get grabbed if you force them to block or force them to do their super armor skills, these classes will get desynced harder and won't have a better answer to evades or super armor like giants or ranger. I don't know much about Tamers to put them in w/e tier list I'm trying to imply, tho I will say that classes that evade while attacking are braindead and badly designed, much like how bad the skill level of these KR devs who made PvP. Every class is trying to CC the other guy and is forced to go AP because sustain damage isn't viable. Sustain damage isn't viable because pots are every 3 seconds, everyone has to be burst-ing the other guy because desync and pots are badly designed. But guess what? If you can't counter desync or super armor, your class is bad.

TL;DR If you're grinding right now and expecting PvP to get better, don't. This game is a joke, no one is going to PvP unless the numbers are even. And even if the numbers ARE even? They play Giant, Rangers, Sorcs anyways which are all good in both 1v1s AND team fights cause KRs are bad at balancing PvP. Warrior is aight in 1v1s but once you fight people who land grapples on you while you super armor? It won't be so much fun. Same goes for Valk where you need 240 AP to be insane-ly good but realize that class balance still destroys Valk AP scaling.

TL;DR2 You super armor at the wrong time vs. Giant or Ranger = dead. Balanced. And people are too scared to fight in "even terms" or the developers aren't smart enough to balance when "even terms" happen. But if you nerf grabs, then super armor while dealing damage becomes the next EVIL

Edited by andy1213
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Sorc, Warrior, Ranger, Giant... dont pvp if you arent these.

PvE in this game is dumb. AI that just stands there and lets you kill it over and over.. 

Edited by Holy
3 people like this

Posted

D: what about witches and gandalf?!

Posted

Although i would usually structure an arguement to counter your comments, it is quite obvious you have made up your mind so im going to save my energy.

SO

bXUzlAQ.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Although i would usually structure an arguement to counter your comments, it is quite obvious you have made up your mind so im going to save my energy.

SO

bXUzlAQ.gif

I d really love to see you structure an argument about how a berserker with a kutum + negate resistance gems doesnt chain grab someone to death with about 190 ap which is easily doable, or a ranger that doesnt kill someone in a single knockdown without having to worry about desync at all....but I guess you can get away with it by posting what you just did...

Posted

BDO is not a pvp game. These unskilled plebs kept believing that pvp in Bdo is competitive and skill based once gear is equal. Lmfao. Pvp that revolves in 1 shot/combo... too much skill involved...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

They are making it so zerkers can't grab you more than 3 times in a row. Change is already in on KR.

Also your grapple combo is wrong.

Edited by Catclaw
1 person likes this

Posted

pvp 3/10

pve 2/10

memes 7/10

waifu 9.5/10

Overall BDO scores pretty highly imo 

6 people like this

Posted

SO

bXUzlAQ.gif

I d really love to see you structure an argument about how a berserker with a kutum + negate resistance gems doesnt chain grab someone to death with about 190 ap which is easily doable, or a ranger that doesnt kill someone in a single knockdown without having to worry about desync at all....but I guess you can get away with it by posting what you just did...

Same here you love to see some structure arguments from Cryptid

Posted (edited)

the game is nice and pve is too

but the pvp is bad 

and the guy is not just complaining for no reason

he wants that devs make something about it 

the same goes for me

Edited by jose0320

Posted (edited)

PvE is well designed because you can basically sit in town and still make 20m a day depending on your turn over on the things that you craft by workers. But what do you PvE for? So you can PvP better?

PvP in this game is a joke. Basically if you're not in a big guild you can't keep numbers even, you are going to get ganked because this community is literally one of the lowest skill ceiling player that I have seen in my entire mmo experience.

Assuming that numbers numbers and gears are even?

Giants and Rangers are the best classes in PvP and let me just call out how bad korean developers are when it comes to designing classes.

a.) Let's start with Giant. 50% ignore resistance (20% ignore resistance on main hand, 20% ignore grapple on off-hand) Kutum Giant is unbeatable in 1v1s AND they still do great damage in mass PK in form of cleave. Once you are in a grab chain, not even desync is going to help you. If you get ganked by two people? You can escape them easily. Easiest PvP class in the game. You counter desync, you have so much mobility and super armor, ANY stun that you land can turn into a grapple chain assuming that you have ignore resistance.

Did I forget to say that you can 100% stomp/roar someone who already got grappled 5 times in a row possibly grabbing him 4 times more into a total of 9 times?

Did I forget to say that if you super armor at the wrong time, you get 100-0'd? Disgusting, even more disgusting if people don't know how the giant combo works.

It's basically E > Beastly Wind Slash > LMB (So no big delay after the next grab) > Corpse Storm > Beastly Wind Slash > LMB > Rock Smash > [wait a bit for E to cool down again] > E > Beastly Wind Slash > SWITCH TO IRON BUSTER > Shift + E > Shift + LMB. If they're not dead by then, that means you have no AP.

Inb4 someone tells me grapple combos don't do damage (Even tho BWS has no PvP reduction) or iron buster doesn't do any QUICK BURST in team fights once you get TRI blue buster or insane gear like this guy

You can do this with way less AP btw. This guy didn't even need to use BWS but if he did he'd still be able to burst this Maehwa.

TL;DR KR devs failed HARD when they didn't make giant balanced relative to other classes.

P.S WHY DO GIANTS HAVE NO DIMINISHING RETURNS ON CC? BUT VALK AND WARRIOR DOES? WTF

b.) Ranger

Doesn't get desynced because shotgun, wide range, AND worse of all, you gave it grapple. Seriously? It takes one grapple to KO someone at end-game. Don't believe me?

Only class that can fight awakening giant is ranger. And THAT is saying something about this pathetic oligopolistic balanced game. What they have in common is that THEY DONT GET DESYNCED AND HAVE EASY ANSWERS vs. SUPER ARMOR. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

P.S

DO NOT get me start on how Warrior and Valk gets desynced way harder than Giant or Warrior. It's disgusting how "balanced" PvP is. Very disgusting.

c.) Sorc (honorable mention)

I don't need to say anything to a class that spams evades while attacking. It's not as strong as giant or ranger, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a low skill cap attacking while evading class. Very good vs. desync as well because you have wide range AND you make use of desync as well by having A LOT of iframes. Did I mention that timing sorc evades ISN'T HARD? I honestly believe that when giant and ranger gets nerfed to balanced, this disgusting class will need to get nerfed as well so that they have the same iframes as Warrior or Valk.

Warrior and Valk are too slow and CAN get grabbed if you force them to block or force them to do their super armor skills, these classes will get desynced harder and won't have a better answer to evades or super armor like giants or ranger. I don't know much about Tamers to put them in w/e tier list I'm trying to imply, tho I will say that classes that evade while attacking are braindead and badly designed, much like how bad the skill level of these KR devs who made PvP. Every class is trying to CC the other guy and is forced to go AP because sustain damage isn't viable. Sustain damage isn't viable because pots are every 3 seconds, everyone has to be burst-ing the other guy because desync and pots are badly designed. But guess what? If you can't counter desync or super armor, your class is bad.

TL;DR If you're grinding right now and expecting PvP to get better, don't. This game is a joke, no one is going to PvP unless the numbers are even. And even if the numbers ARE even? They play Giant, Rangers, Sorcs anyways which are all good in both 1v1s AND team fights cause KRs are bad at balancing PvP. Warrior is aight in 1v1s but once you fight people who land grapples on you while you super armor? It won't be so much fun. Same goes for Valk where you need 240 AP to be insane-ly good but realize that class balance still destroys Valk AP scaling.

TL;DR2 You super armor at the wrong time vs. Giant or Ranger = dead. Balanced. And people are too scared to fight in "even terms" or the developers aren't smart enough to balance when "even terms" happen.

If you think Warrior sucks and is too slow but beserker is OP I don't even know what to tell you... and yeah grab chaining is super awesome when you have 20 wiz/witches/rangers shooting the hell of you at range as you try to close in on them.

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted (edited)

So much talk about zerkers when after 200ap pretty much every class can one shot another and a sorc can desync you to another game with one macro. That is if you dont get one shot by "no aim" awakening. 

BTW what was the point of posting the video of afk Maehwa with a stuck Q

Edited by Gwynbleys

Posted

If you think Warrior sucks and is too slow but beserker is OP I don't even know what to tell you... and yeah grab chaining is super awesome when you have 20 wiz/witches shooting the hell of you at range as you try to close in on them.

Warriors suffer a lot from desync, I play one and with decent gear I can kill people with a full combo, if that person actually lands where he should after a grab that is cause for some strange reason sometimes they end up all over the place.....I can play any other online game including FPS games that are very ping depended without any issues but when it comes to bdo the desync just spoils the fun for me...You d have to admit though that as a giant after you land the first grab its a walk in the park till the other guy is face down in the mud....

Posted (edited)

everyone knows MMO aint competitive PVP games. ( BNS asside since it's 100% arena equalized).
not our fault if you're too bad to play competitive FPS or MOBAs.
99% of MMOs CAN'T BE LABELED COMPETITIVE OR FAIR PVP.  as soon as there is gears grind your '' TRUE PVP '' takes the door.

this said.

I love pvping in BDO , simply because I took time to gear up and I don't try to keep up with top no-lifers that plays 12hours + a day.

you're playing BDO wrong.
this is not a competitive game, unless it's 50 vs 50 in node wars, the game is not balanced 1 vs 1 and gear-gap ruins '' skills ''.
fight people in your GearScore range and  don't try to take on top no-lifers with your casual-scrub sub-par equipements. 
if you can't do that and think you should be able to fight no-lifers simply because you paid for the game well...I would say.

good luck in competitive WoW-Legion.

-Sizer out

Edited by Sizer
6 people like this

Posted

They will never nerf the ranger. The quicker you accept that, the easier your bdo life will be.

FYI.... The berserkers got a buff to their grab in Korea....so yeah. My one hope is that BDO decides to sell the game to an actual game developer who can give the people what they want.

Posted (edited)

Warriors suffer a lot from desync, I play one and with decent gear I can kill people with a full combo, if that person actually lands where he should after a grab that is cause for some strange reason sometimes they end up all over the place.....I can play any other online game including FPS games that are very ping depended without any issues but when it comes to bdo the desync just spoils the fun for me...You d have to admit though that as a giant after you land the first grab its a walk in the park till the other guy is face down in the mud....

Giants suffer from the same exact desync, I cant count how many times i grab someone and then they end up behind me or teleport away or V out of it.  not to mention 1v1 in this game is a very small part of pvp

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted (edited)

the game is nice and pve is too

but the pvp is bad 

and the guy is not just complaining for no reason

he wants that devs make something about it 

the same goes for me

I agree the pvp is bad when you stand at 120ap/160dp and try to beat 210+/260 guys.

they put the time and RNG to get their gearscore up , you didn't.

this is not a competitive game, this is an mmo, you get your gears up or you don't then complain the game sucks.

if you want to be competitive go play an FPS or MOBAs but guess what if there is no gears grind , there is skills grind.

Edited by Sizer
3 people like this

Posted

People assume gear is equal to compare but how often is that the case? Pvp is BDO is so gear to win it's a joke. No half decent pvp game out there is this gear dependant, I chuckle every time people call this a "pvp game". When really it's just gear until you can kill your opponent like a mob.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

People assume gear is equal to compare but how often is that the case? Pvp is BDO is so gear to win it's a joke. No half decent pvp game out there is this gear dependant, I chuckle every time people call this a "pvp game". When really it's just gear until you can kill your opponent like a mob.

it's a pvp mmo, it's not a competitive pvp game.

Edited by Sizer

Posted

everyone knows MMO aint competitive PVP games. ( BNS asside since it's 100% arena equalized).
99% of MMOs CAN'T BE LABELED COMPETITIVE OR FAIR PVP.  as soon as there is gears grind your '' TRUE PVP '' takes the door.

this said.

I love pvping in BDO , simply because I took time to gear up and I don't try to keep up with top no-lifers that plays 12hours + a day.

this is not a competitive game, unless it's 50 vs 50 in node wars, the game is not balanced 1 vs 1 and gear-gap ruins '' skills ''.
fight people in your GearScore range and  don't try to take on top no-lifers with your casual-scrub sub-par equipements. 
if you can't do that and think you should be able to fight no-lifers simply because you paid for the game well...I would say.

-Sizer out

Hi. Out of likes. 

1 person likes this

Posted

this said.

-Sizer out

I think thats the issue here, the -----es crying about PvP in BDO are the Competitive FPS/Moba/whatever rejects that came to BDO as last hopes of making it in any sort of PvP game.

Posted

Hi. Out of likes. 

hi beautiful.

Posted

Most pvp mmos have already moved out to a more balanced approach to pvp. See Gw2 SPvP and WoW Legion PVP template. if you say those arent pvp mmos I would love to see an example of one?

Posted

What class do you main Sizer?

Posted

Most pvp mmos have already moved out to a more balanced approach to pvp. See Gw2 SPvP and WoW Legion PVP template. if you say those arent pvp mmos I would love to see an example of one?

Sizer is another noskill bad with really good gear so he doesn't have to worry about getting good and wants to keep it that way.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0