• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to evasion

46 posts in this topic

Posted

A lot of people are telling me that DP is useless. So i made DP build for siege wars / rbf and mostly for fun because i was bored with BDO and i wanted to try something new and i want to share it with you.

For past few weeks im having fun with evasion build. 308DP now (had 324 but i blew my accessories and failed muskans). It works quite well in nodewars where i can still manage to get nice kill count and act as "cc machine". I had to change my playstyle a bit comparing to AP build but its lot of fun in group fights. I`ll try to get around 325-330DP in future while still maintaing 160-170AP. Funny thing is that i had Vangertz in the video. Im still failing to get my Rosar to TRI. With rosar equipped, it will be even more amazing but im not using it because my bhegs arent usable yet. With full AP im sitting around 186AP using Kutum.

So..just an example how it works. Note that i had 2k hp when that ranger grabed me. With full HP, i`ll be able to dash out and land another grave / slashing on them, maybe with insta reckless. DP is not usless but you have to stack eavsion or dmg reduction as much as possible to take full advantage of it.

2 people like this

Posted

Evasion is good because people stack AP and run relatively low accuracy. Damage reduction is bad for the same reason.

Just pray you don't meet someone smart enough to have made 2x TET Red Coral Earrings while the prices were down.

Posted

Evasion is good because people stack AP and run relatively low accuracy. Damage reduction is bad for the same reason.

Just pray you don't meet someone smart enough to have made 2x TET Red Coral Earrings while the prices were down.

Its very situational and yes, you are right. You cant build gear for everyone. Tere will always someone who can coutner your stats ^^

Posted

If you can manage to break 200AP with a full evasion build you'll be in a really great spot. Few enchants away myself. Allows you to survive and pack a nasty punch

Posted

I use 2x red coral earrings bheg kutum kzarka all on tri soon Tet and don't have problem to kill anyone

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I cannot reach 200 because im using eva jewelry. With Kutum i can hit 200 but im trying to stack acc and eva as much as possible. Im kinda Kutum hater hehe.

Edited by Chors

Posted

Nice! I've actually been experimenting with evasion as well and have found I survive way better in large scale PvP and still do decent damage. It's truly awesome and I'm considering to build a TRI: Rosar over my Kutum just for shits n giggles.  Only bad thing is that it can get countered easily by smart/highly geared people, but its still fun seeing yourself knocked on the ground with 5-8 people pummeling you and surviving it. :)

Posted

how much evasion are we talking to get efficient? If you can list gear /gems ty.

Posted

how much evasion are we talking to get efficient? If you can list gear /gems ty.

If you can hold over 200 sheet AP with a Rosar offhand, and you have Muskans and two evasion gems in your helmet you're more or less a god vs. low accuracy players.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you can hold over 200 sheet AP with a Rosar offhand, and you have Muskans and two evasion gems in your helmet you're more or less a god vs. low accuracy players.

k thx

Posted (edited)

Rosar offhand, and you have Muskans and two evasion gems in your helmet you're more or less a god vs. low accuracy players.

false

Edited by Chors

Posted

false

Not in my experience, but okay. :P

Posted (edited)

I've also heard that players that are stacking evasion can also gem for less resistances as well.

I'm actually going to try and gear for damage reduction because most good PvPers that I go up against understand the value of accuracy. I'd rather have that DR there than hope that my evasion build counters a players lack of accuracy.

Edited by Sarevok

Posted

I've also heard that players that are stacking evasion can also gem for less resistances as well.

I'm actually going to try and gear for damage reduction because most good PvPers that I go up against understand the value of accuracy. I'd rather have that DR there than hope that my evasion build counters a players lack of accuracy.

You hace to test first, which dp accessory gives dmg red.

Posted

True. The type of DP is unknown when it comes to accessories. I think I'll probably just stick to boss gear, TRI red coral earrings x2, DUO Ancient Weapon set, and crescent rings when I eventually get them. The main item that helps with that DR is going to be my Kite Shield. 

I'll have to gem for resistances as well.

Posted

Small hint : shrine tokens are pure DP. Hybrid accessories gives mostly Evasion or mix of eva and dr.

Posted

Small hint : shrine tokens are pure DP. Hybrid accessories gives mostly Evasion or mix of eva and dr.

you using evasion gems on helm and chest on the video?

Posted

you using evasion gems on helm and chest on the video?

yes + vang

Posted

So do you think all pure DP accessories might be straight DR?

Posted

So do you think all pure DP accessories might be straight DR?

Nope. Its quite easy to test.

Posted (edited)

So I took a break from BDO for two months and recently returned a little over a week ago.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around what pieces I should be working towards.  I hear a lot about building for evasion and not having to stack as much resistances because for CCs to land the enemy player needs to stack a lot of accuracy vs an evasion gear setup.  

My question is should I just stick to getting my Vangertz to TRI and skip the TRI Kite Shield or should I keep the Vang and not upgrade it but shoot for Kutum?  I know everyone suggests going for as much AP as possible but I'd like to think that maybe if I choose to stack as much DR as possible or evasion (one or the other) that I might be able to stand against some of these players with 200+ AP.  I see the value of going full evasion and then I see how fast I can get destroyed if I go against someone stacking accuracy.  Then of course the other approach is stacking a lot of damage reduction and resistances and expecting to take some hits but the hits won't hurt as much.  Really, it seems the majority of either evasion or DR is going to come from our shield.

I guess I could just use a little guidance or some suggestions as I have been out of the loop for a while.  I hope to reach 175 AP and 300+ DP.

Edited by Sarevok

Posted

in my experience , if you have bheg and a zarka you should have generally enough accuracy that you can freely swap from vangertz, throwing in the 2x bmc precision in your weapon just helps with it that much more because it gives you accuracy and the ignore resis to land your cc's that much more often.

Posted

I finally be able to test evasion build in rbf. I had tri muskan. Tri rosar and evasion gems on helm, 293 do. And I'm loving it so far. I use accuracy gems on my weapon and gloves and serendia special to make up for the accuracy and I don't notice any difference on my dmg output compare to my tri vangertz. But when I fought a ranger with 220 ap and 2x tri red coral earrings, I still get deleted in 1 grab combo.  

Posted

I finally be able to test evasion build in rbf. I had tri muskan. Tri rosar and evasion gems on helm, 293 do. And I'm loving it so far. I use accuracy gems on my weapon and gloves and serendia special to make up for the accuracy and I don't notice any difference on my dmg output compare to my tri vangertz. But when I fought a ranger with 220 ap and 2x tri red coral earrings, I still get deleted in 1 grab combo.  

This is the part where an OP class stacks high AP with probably a decent amount of accuracy and melts an evasion build.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0