• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Witch awakening Q&A

81 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well. Ive just checked the forums again since a long while, and I see there are tonnsss and tonsss of questions about awakening. As I suppose most of people already know Im playing witch in KR, and Ive done several Q&A on reddit and on witch. so here it is for the official forums too.

Anything you wanna know, anything you wanna see, anything you want me to show, GO! :D

Be it skills, combos, costumes, the summons etc. anything. feel free to ask me.

Oh. for people who do not know, my BF and I are Cranium & Krystalie.

Oh, Im gonna show some footage I have.

PVP:

GVG 

https://www.twitch.tv/cherryyami/v/97763440

Im currently uploading a ~30minutes large scale GVG. will post as soon its up.

GVG  

PVE:

DUO Aakman:

https://www.twitch.tv/cherryyami/v/97763732

Kutum + Crescent 00:00:00 - 00:45:00

https://www.twitch.tv/cherryyami/v/99715426

Solo Pilar Ku + Centaur:

https://www.twitch.tv/cherryyami/v/99050923

Awakened Giath, Bheg and Hebe Bosses:

https://www.twitch.tv/cherryyami/v/97763383

Current Build of my preawaken skills:

Skillbuild.thumb.jpg.94d649c792706e885e8

Edited by Crystalie
9 people like this

Posted

In the following video, which outfit is he wearing ? D:

Posted

In the following video, which outfit is he wearing ? D:

a Korean chuseok outfit, u can find it if you google chuseok or hanbok :D Its a limited edition costume that was released last year for korean chuseok and this year for the same holiday

Posted (edited)

• Do you feel that the awakening has helped in PvE? Currently I feel my kill speed is roughly 33% slower than another class with similar gear to my own. Does this get better with awakening?
  • How does it feel in PvP? Currently against pretty much any other class I feel I'm better off building a full DP set with high resists and just spamming Fog and heals for my guild in node wars. Does this change much? Does the frontal blocks help as much as I'm hoping it does?
  • How much SP do you recommend having for awakening?
  • Are there many skills that we really no longer need from our pre-awakened skills? (Also could you post your build? :D) By the looks of your videos a lot of the old skills you stop using (only heals + buffs)
  • How does the class generally feel now?
  • How would you rank the witch among the other classes now?
Edited by Afrodwarf
Added stuff

Posted

i have seen in korean patch notes some stuff about summons, but any recent gameplay i can find still shows that not a lot of players even bother to summon them.

are pets as useless as they were when the awakening released ?

Posted

Is Witch best for PvP or PvE with awakening? Do you think we'll have more 1vs1 potential?

Posted (edited)

How many witches are played in kr version? I presume the majority are rangers because theyre hardcore meta same with Eu/Na

Edited by BigBossInThePit

Posted

which lvl is required for the good awakening stuff?

like i know berzerker gets his main skills, that are usefull to use in awakening, requires lvl60, some other classes need lvl 58. so what is absolutely needed for witch/wizard?

Posted

• Do you feel that the awakening has helped in PvE? Currently I feel my kill speed is roughly 33% slower than another class with similar gear to my own. Does this get better with awakening?
  • How does it feel in PvP? Currently against pretty much any other class I feel I'm better off building a full DP set with high resists and just spamming Fog and heals for my guild in node wars. Does this change much? Does the frontal blocks help as much as I'm hoping it does?
  • How much SP do you recommend having for awakening?
  • Are there many skills that we really no longer need from our pre-awakened skills? (Also could you post your build? :D) By the looks of your videos a lot of the old skills you stop using (only heals + buffs)
  • How does the class generally feel now?
  • How would you rank the witch among the other classes now?

1. The awakening has helped in PVE alot. You have stronger attacks and also most of them are AOE based. Including your poison pool which most of the time clears a whole group of mobs alone without you having to attack - yea its better!

2. And yea, I know that feel. Ive fought awakened classes unawakened for about 10months and it really was hell, again, the awakening has helped alot, but you need a decent amount of AP to be ''equal'' to other classes with less AP. (sorc, ranger, warrior, blader)

3.I recomment having 1250-1350 SP at level 59 and 1400 at level 60.

4.Yes, there is alot of skills that wont be required anymore, you can still use them but there wont really be a need, Ill edit my build to the topic post.

5. The class feels alot more smooth, when you had troubles adjusting to the witch playstyle the awakening will completly ruin everything you got used to pre awakening, but with a few weeks practice (like I had now) you will come to love the awakening just as much!

6. I dont think I can rank witch right, you can be a monster with your AP, but generally speaking, you will always die just as quick too unless you go a full dp build. I cannot say witch is in the ranks of ranger or sorc, but its not far behind either :D 

How many witches are played in kr version? I presume the majority are rangers because theyre hardcore meta same with Eu/Na

The majority of players on KR really are Sorcs, Rangers, Blader and theres alot of tamers too!

which lvl is required for the good awakening stuff?

like i know berzerker gets his main skills, that are usefull to use in awakening, requires lvl60, some other classes need lvl 58. so what is absolutely needed for witch/wizard?

To have your fullpower as awakening Witch level 60 will be recommended as you will unlock your -flow skills which which double and almost triple your damage. Currently I'm level 59 so I also suffer from having my attacks weaker while my boyfriend with level 60 hits almost twice as strong even if he has same AP as me.

Is Witch best for PvP or PvE with awakening? Do you think we'll have more 1vs1 potential?

There is alot more 1vs1 potential with the awakening but it will never be a center point of our class imo. We are perfect for large scale fights, we will always lack mobility and blocks/iframes for 1vs1.

Witch is really good in PVE and PVP with awakening. Neither of it will dissapoint.

i have seen in korean patch notes some stuff about summons, but any recent gameplay i can find still shows that not a lot of players even bother to summon them.

are pets as useless as they were when the awakening released ?

Alot of players do not bother to summon them as the pets dont really make a trivial amount of damage, the earth golem has the chance to CC though, but for that you will have to manually aim on your enemy and RMB, which you just cannot do effectively in middle of a GVG or a nodewar. People find the summons more to be a hassle in PVP as they give out your location alot, but theres always time for improvement :D

7 people like this

Posted

Thanks for answering! One last question:

Have you tried out Wizard awakening or played against it? Do you still prefer Witch awakening over Wizard's? Do both awakenings feel similar or completely different in terms of both PvE and PvP?

Posted

Thanks for answering! One last question:

Have you tried out Wizard awakening or played against it? Do you still prefer Witch awakening over Wizard's? Do both awakenings feel similar or completely different in terms of both PvE and PvP?

I havent tried to play itmyself yet, but Ive fought wizards. Their Water Well prison ish thingy is super OP. thats all i can say xD I do still prefer witches playstyle over Wizards playstyle from watching it. While the wizard gets a grab to be even more offensive witch gets a block to be more defensive, its all about peoples personal opinions what they like more for their class :D 

3 people like this

Posted

I havent tried to play itmyself yet, but Ive fought wizards. Their Water Well prison ish thingy is super OP. thats all i can say xD I do still prefer witches playstyle over Wizards playstyle from watching it. While the wizard gets a grab to be even more offensive witch gets a block to be more defensive, its all about peoples personal opinions what they like more for their class :D 

Thanks, you're the best, i'm your fangirl! :D

1 person likes this

Posted

You now you are the best teacher, I wanna go dp build. I need to much cash for my new stuff.

Posted

I still can't decide what build i'd like to go for with awakening.. I really like glass cannon builds, but DP build looks solid too. I guess it depends on everyone's playstyle. :/

Posted

Right now im uploading the first part of the GVG... it was too long to upload whole thing.. need a few parts.. xD So you can see Witch PVP in a POV from someone with ''average'' AP and not OP AP >.<

You now you are the best teacher, I wanna go dp build. I need to much cash for my new stuff.

Thanks, you're the best, i'm your fangirl! :D

Thank you for the kind words! <3

Added Part 1 of the GVG. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Another question, whats the block like? Is it a constant move or do you have to reactivate it every like 5 seconds? And how effective is it? 

Posted

you have to reactivate it all few seconds, the block pushes all of your resists beyond 60% (if youre using resist gems aswell that is) it breaks very fast but the resist it gives you for its duration is decently well. 

Im using it here: at 1min 52 seconds

Posted

you have to reactivate it all few seconds, the block pushes all of your resists beyond 60% (if youre using resist gems aswell that is) it breaks very fast but the resist it gives you for its duration is decently well. 

Im using it here: at 1min 52 seconds

Ahh yeah, the delay imbetween isnt bad at all. Thanks :D

Posted

Hello!

Why aren't you using the passive casting speed in your pre-awakening skill tree? Does it not affect your awakening skills?

Posted

Hello!

Why aren't you using the passive casting speed in your pre-awakening skill tree? Does it not affect your awakening skills?

Hello, Yes I tried and it seems to not affect our awakening skill speed at all~

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello, Yes I tried and it seems to not affect our awakening skill speed at all~

Oh ok. Thanks for reply :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi quick question, do you run cast speed gems in your helmet? Basi cally, I'm just asking if I should invest in cast speed (the active spell buff/passives/gems/food)

I know you said the 0.5% passives don't help awakened tree, but do the "speed spell" buff do? It increases cast speed/attackspeed/movement speed. Thanks.

Also how come you're taking those lightning and fireball skills? I know it says on your skillsheet not to take it but you still have it. I'm just confused. Thanks again.

Posted (edited)

Hi quick question, do you run cast speed gems in your helmet? Basi cally, I'm just asking if I should invest in cast speed (the active spell buff/passives/gems/food)

I know you said the 0.5% passives don't help awakened tree, but do the "speed spell" buff do? It increases cast speed/attackspeed/movement speed. Thanks.

Also how come you're taking those lightning and fireball skills? I know it says on your skillsheet not to take it but you still have it. I'm just confused. Thanks again.

Oh, I have the fireball lightning skills because I took them after our awakening was released. I was still feeling like I needed them at that time, but playing with the awakening for a few weeks I realized its really just a hassle and they are fine staying on the first level.. else its just taking up some SP i would really need to upgrade my awakened skills more. So right now I do not have a skill reset but Im getting one soon so I can reset them and get rid of the max stages of residual, fireball and chain~

And yes, the gems i use for my gear are:

Helm: 2x Black Magic Crystal - Memory

Armor: 1x Ancient Magic Crystal - Cobelinus,  1x Black Magic Crystal - Cobelinus

Gloves: 1x Black Magic Crystal - Valor, 1x Black Magic Crystal - Viper

Boots: 2x Red Battlefield Crystal - Adamantine

Mainhand: 2x Black Magic Crystal Precision (switched from 2x Red Battlefield power to the Acc gems as I saw a better increase of damage dealt to players comparing the 4 acc and AP.)

Offhand: 2x Awakened Spirit's Crystal

Edited by Crystalie

Posted (edited)

Geez, just saw Cranium vs Godna. Witch/Wizard awakening seems crazy OP. No class should have as much damage, AoE, super armor along with 90% heal, block and a pet that disrupts and damages. All of that is with a RANGED class, that has much lower risk when engaging than melee classes that have to be close to deal that much damage. It basically eliminates the whole point of playing other classes.

Is there anything Witch is weak against? Aside from grabs, which are NOT exclusive to Witch. (Even then, there's a summon that helps). What's the most annoying thing in other classes you hate as a Witch?

Edited by Duniak

Posted

Geez, just saw Cranium vs Godna. Witch/Wizard awakening seems crazy OP. No class should have as much damage, AoE, super armor along with 90% heal, block and a pet that disrupts and damages. All of that is with a RANGED class, that has much lower risk when engaging than melee classes that have to be close to deal that much damage. It basically eliminates the whole point of playing other classes.

Cranium did have alot of AP though for his attacks and all of his awakening skills are maxed out. Godna was scaling less AP so less Dmg do cran but alot more dp >.<

1 person likes this