• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New bidding system

109 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, i have a question regarding the new bidding system. I read the patch notes and instantly tested it in game and I think it's not really clear. I mean, I know that I have now like 30 seconds to make my bid, so i tried making one on muskan's shoes and waiting for the result. After 30 seconds i could "check in" (It said "do you want to buy muskan's shoes?" and i clicked "yes" ofc :P), but when i did it it said "item already sold". It looked like I won the bid, so I don't understand if my bidding has actually failed OR more people can win it and then the faster to "check in" wins. How does that work?

Edited by Mascisterr

Posted

That also is my fear, but I think it means that it will allocate a winner out of all that bid and you have 20 secs to claim the win if it is you or it goes to open market. From the notes I was expecting it to say something like "successful bid do yo still want it?" or "Unsuccessful bid" but instead it gives the impression you have to be quick again (yay, bots still win)

Posted

That also is my fear, but I think it means that it will allocate a winner out of all that bid and you have 20 secs to claim the win if it is you or it goes to open market. From the notes I was expecting it to say something like "successful bid do yo still want it?" or "Unsuccessful bid" but instead it gives the impression you have to be quick again (yay, bots still win)

I claimed it almost instantly... and the message that appeared ("Do you want to buy muskan shoes?") made me think i had won the bid. It's not clear because it didn't even say "Bidding failed" when i tried to get the item, just "item already sold". Thought this new system would be fine, but if there can be more than one winner then it's still based on speed (and ping), so why changing it?

Posted

I waited for an item for 15 min, it showed up and in less than 2 sec said "end of bidding" and greyed out before i could even click. few moments later it disappeared

Posted

Just managed to say "yes" on the check bidding screen quickly and it then said failed to purchase item

Posted

Auction House Bids now have 3 stages: Bid, Check Total, and Check Bidding. 

When the item has been registered it will appears in the Auction House after 10 to 15 minutes. All players can take part of bidding, and you have 30 seconds to bid after the item appeared in the Auction House. After that, the bid button will change to [check bidding]. It will be available for 20 seconds, and you must check bidding if you want to validate it. If you don't, your bid will be cancelled. You will need to insert a PIN when Bidding and Checking, and you also need to have enough silver in your inventory or warehouse for purchasing the item. For stacked items in the Marketplace, you can input the amount you desire during the [Check Bidding] and [Purchase] stage.

Please note that you will now be able to buy items through the normal way without typing any captcha code. All the items that are not in the middle of bidding process can only be bought at the lowest price available.

I hope that I clarified these changes for you.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

Think it's just to prevent sniping. Everyone that places a bid has a chance of getting the item. After 30 seconds it's up to rng who of those people gets it.

I also had the same experience, said item already sold, so I guess rng gave it to someone else.

1 person likes this

Posted

When the item has been registered it will appears in the Auction House after 10 to 15 minutes. All players can take part of bidding, and you have 30 seconds to bid after the item appeared in the Auction House. After that, the bid button will change to [check bidding]. It will be available for 20 seconds, and you must check bidding if you want to validate it. If you don't, your bid will be cancelled. You will need to insert a PIN when Bidding and Checking, and you also need to have enough silver in your inventory or warehouse for purchasing the item. For stacked items in the Marketplace, you can input the amount you desire during the [Check Bidding] and [Purchase] stage.

Please note that you will now be able to buy items through the normal way without typing any captcha code. All the items that are not in the middle of bidding process can only be bought at the lowest price available.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Sorry but no, this doesn't answer the question. During the check bidding do we still have to play race the bots/other players or is the item ours at that point so long as we claim it in 20 seconds?

Also, what is this PIN?

2 people like this

Posted

Best regards,
GM Dew

Why you just copy paste from patch notes? You didnt answer single question players asked in this thread... If we got message items already sold that means we lost bidding or we were just not fast enough?

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Best regards,
GM Dew

Thank you for the answer, but that doesn't clarify how the system works. I still don't understand what happened to me: i got the message "item already sold" when I tried to check in, does it mean i LOST the bid or i won it and I wasn't fast enough to claim? (i did it almost instantly...). Also, i didn't even have to put a single PIN to make the bid nor to check in...

Edited by Mascisterr

Posted

Thank you for the answer, but that doesn't clarify how the system works. I still don't understand what happened to me: i got the message "item already sold" when I tried to check in, does it mean i LOST the bid or i won it and I wasn't fast enough to claim? (i did it almost instantly...). Also, i didn't even have to put a single PIN to make the bid nor to chek in...

These guys are all second rate citizens in their professions... not sure what else to say..

Posted

Think it's just to prevent sniping. Everyone that places a bid has a chance of getting the item. After 30 seconds it's up to rng who of those people gets it.

I also had the same experience, said item already sold, so I guess rng gave it to someone else.

That's what I thought, but it's not really clear

Posted

Well, while I am not a fan of what system we have, lets not forget that the real problem here is that demand massively out-strips supply for these items and no system is going to make it more likely that you get your item (maybe a failstacking equivalent? each time you fail a bid you get a slight boost to your chance next time?).

Item already sold I assume means that not only didn't you get it, but the person who did has claimed it. If you try before it is claimed you get the "failed to purchase" message.

My fear is we are still in a race with faster clickers/bots/better pings.

Great that the captcha has gone though.

2 people like this

Posted

Item already sold I assume means that not only didn't you get it, but the person who did has claimed it. If you try before it is claimed you get the "failed to purchase" message.

That should be the explanation, thank you. I'll test again this evening (if I have the chance) to see if it works as you stated.

This system should be fine anyway, but a failstacking equivalent as you suggested would be even better (don't think we will ever see something like that btw)

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the answer, but that doesn't clarify how the system works. I still don't understand what happened to me: i got the message "item already sold" when I tried to check in, does it mean i LOST the bid or i won it and I wasn't fast enough to claim? (i did it almost instantly...). Also, i didn't even have to put a single PIN to make the bid nor to check in...

you lost the bid. You'd have had 20 seconds to claim the item falls you won it.
It asks you if you still want to buy it a second time, probably just to 1) get rid of bots (as you say it was no pin), 2) let you retract from buying if you changed your mind.

It's same as before except it's not the fastest luckier now, it's just the luckiest.

Edited by magret

Posted

I want to know if we are safe to take our time during the 20 secs or if we still have to spam like a loony.

The "do yo still want to buy it" helps if you put bids on multiple items/still have the cash. I just put a bid n on 5 pets that got listed. I wouldn't want all of them (I didn't get any, 2 failed, one already sold and two "Bid Ended" buttons)

Posted

you lost the bid. You'd have had 20 seconds to claim the item falls you won it.
It asks you if you still want to buy it a second time, probably just to 1) get rid of bots (as you say it was no pin), 2) let you retract from buying if you changed your mind.

It's same as before except it's not the fastest luckier now, it's just the luckiest.

Show me any proof from KR server or from Gm answer that item already sold means you lost bid... If you dont have it then its pure speculation from you... And yes most of us feel like its proper answer, but you never can be 100% sure with PA and if you dont have proof dont try to answer, its Gm job...

Posted

Show me any proof from KR server or from Gm answer that item already sold means you lost bid... If you dont have it then its pure speculation from you... And yes most of us feel like its proper answer, but you never can be 100% sure with PA and if you dont have proof dont try to answer, its Gm job...

you're right.
and I don't read korean.
so try by yourself until you're sure, or keep asking.

Posted

I want to know if we are safe to take our time during the 20 secs or if we still have to spam like a loony.

The "do yo still want to buy it" helps if you put bids on multiple items/still have the cash. I just put a bid n on 5 pets that got listed. I wouldn't want all of them (I didn't get any, 2 failed, one already sold and two "Bid Ended" buttons)

Rushing to click the purchase button has no effect on the outcome of winning the bid. They just added a dreadful RNG phase that gives players a better chance over bots/snipes. For multiple items your free to spam bid on all of them and hope one is your winning item. Also, same as the check option at the end, there is no benefit to rushing to hit that as well.. Its simple ( clarifying for everyone ) , at the end of the bid RNG phase you have a choice to check if you won.. If you did win you have roughly 10 seconds or so to check the bid and buy it before it goes off bid and open to the market. If however, you did not win.. it will be sold immediately and removed from the market. Though on KR I have had decent luck getting "some" items by waiting for it to come off bid (usually people forget they bid, or simply fail to claim it) in which you can spam buy and space bar to try and snipe it.

Posted

in game explanation seems a bit more precise :
bid.thumb.jpg.690ccb8ed6fe57894b3e66bfe3

1 person likes this

Posted

Boy Gm_Dew, do you guys ever face palm each other? Seriously?

I mean shit system is beyond shit.

Why do you guys keep trying to redesign the wheel? 

I mean jesus -----ing christ designing a working MARKETPLACE isn't rocket science...

EXCEPT FOR PEARL ABYSS. TALK ABOUT MAKING A SYSTEM OVERLY COMPLEX.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS OVER THERE?

It's not a new invention in MMO's, it's not a new invention/ concept in humanity, it's NOT -----ING ROCKET SCIENCE.

How can you guys fail so miserably in this?

I'm sorry, but you guys are a bunch of incompetent scrubs.. not sure how else to say this. Glad I don't know any of you guys in real life as I would be -----ing very hard on you guys for this.

CAN'T DESIGN A SIMPLE -----ING MARKET PLACE....SIGH

Actually if you ask pretty much any MMO Dev they said the marketplaces are the hardest part.  ArcheAge and other games have had massive issues with them.

Posted (edited)

Actually if you ask pretty much any MMO Dev they said the marketplaces are the hardest part.  ArcheAge and other games have had massive issues with them.

That's because they are always trying to reinvent the wheel.

Yet the ones that use a simple AH/ Marketplace barely if ever have issues.

Only the idiots that think they can make it better end up -----ing it up more than ever.

And I have to disagree because the Concept of Auctions isn't anything new and you can always look at Ebay on how to do it if you honestly can't figure it out.

Edited by Pavo

Posted

That's because they are always trying to reinvent the wheel.

Yet the ones that use a simple AH/ Marketplace barely if ever have issues.

Only the idiots that think they can make it better end up -----ing it up more than ever.

And I have to disagree because the Concept of Auctions isn't anything new and you can always look at Ebay on how to do it if you honestly can't figure it out.

Lets just say they are reasons they rework it, either to create a more healthy AH system or to try and avoid price manipulation etc.  Whether it works or not is subjective.  In this case people were crying that auctions were more a function of latency and good luck so this was their solution.  If they had an AH systems like WoW's you would see some drastic market manipulation going on.

Posted

It's a long needed change to reduce (bot) sniping, and the clientside captcha was a joke anyway.

Posted

Well, while I am not a fan of what system we have, lets not forget that the real problem here is that demand massively out-strips supply for these items and no system is going to make it more likely that you get your item (maybe a failstacking equivalent? each time you fail a bid you get a slight boost to your chance next time?).

My fear is we are still in a race with faster clickers/bots/better pings.

Great that the captcha has gone though.

I was just about to say a failstacking system would make it fair, but you mentioned that solution.  Now... if we thought of it in less than a minute, why couldn't the designers think of it?