• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Rip alchemy

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

GG Daum thx to metal solvent, plywood hardener and gem polisher nerf alchemy is offically dead life skill now... Even with master+ you can barely make more then 1 now... With current preorders for trace of savagery, rough stones and oversupply of alch stones, rods and pure crystals (also almost dead market of sturdy plywoods) there is not possible to make decent profit with alchemy now... 

Ofc prices of alch stones, pure crystals and rods will go up when current supply will drain, but whats point when biggest suppliers will stop doing them now? 

Some math:

Before nerf proc rate for metal solvent, plywood hardener for master lvl was around 2,5

Now its around 1,3

Cost of metal solvent:

clear- 2k

2xtrace of savagery preorder on Jordine= 60k

iron shard- 1,5k

rough stones- 12k

2+60+1,5+12= 75,5k/1,3= 58k

58k its real cost of metal solvent with master+ life skill... Current market price is 48k... Before nerf it was 30,2k

Even if you gather rough stone yourself it still will cost you 48,8k (around same as Mp price)...

Pure crystals:

58kx2 +3x9k= 143k/2= 71,5k

Even if prices of pure crystals will go up over 100k again like few mnoths ago you will barely make any profit after taxes... And ofc players without value pack should NEVER even try alchemy life skill (except for some sh11ty profit from imperial alchemy)...

Didint make math for plywoods hardeners, sturdy, rods and noble wagons, but results are pretty much similiar...

Ofc if you gather a lot stuff yourself you will still be able to make profit even after this big nerf... But it will be just retarded to make so much work for just barely sth like 10m profit daily... Why even  bother when you got same from little mor ethen 1 hour at sausan??

Ty Daum for making that life skill completely useless, can you remove it now from game pls?

Edited by Dorsai
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

GG Daum thx to metal solvent, plywood hardener and gem polisher nerf alchemy is offically dead life skill now... Even with master+ you can barely make more then 1 now... With current preorders for trace of savagery, rough stones and oversupply of alch stones, rods and pure crystals (also almost dead market of sturdy plywoods) there is not possible to make decent profit with alchemy now... 

Ofc prices of alch stones, pure crystals and rods will go up when current supply will drain, but whats point when biggest suppliers will stop doing them now? 

Some math:

Before nerf proc rate for metal solvent, plywood hardener for master lvl was around 2,1

Now its around 1,3

Cost of metal solvent:

clear- 2k

2xtrace of savagery preorder on Jordine= 60k

iron shard- 1,5k

rough stones- 12k

2+60+1,5+12= 75,5k/1,3= 58k

58k its real cost of metal solvent with master+ life skill... Current market price is 48k... Before nerf it was 35,9k

Even if you gather rough stone yourself it still will cost you 48,8k (around same as Mp price)...

Pure crystals:

58kx2 +3x9k= 143k/2= 71,5k

Even if prices of pure crystals will go up over 100k again like few mnoths ago you will barely make any profit after taxes... And ofc players without value pack should NEVER even try alchemy life skill (except for some sh11ty profit from imperial alchemy)...

Ofc if you gather a lot stuff yourself you will still be able to make profit even after this big nerf... But it will be just retarded to make so much work for just barely sth like 10m profit daily... Why even  bother when you got same from little mor ethen 1 hour at sausan??

Ty Daum for making that life skill completely useless, can you remove it now from game pls?

As with everything and every patch. Wait for more data and other player feedback. Patch has been out for less than a day.

Also some people use Alchemy as their primary money maker. Not everyone that plays wants to go grind at Sausans. Its an activity where you HAVE to pay attention all the time. Crafting is something people do with the game minimized or while doing other stuff.

Yea you make less, but crafting gives you the opportunity to go do something else while its processing. 

Opportunity cost there. 

Edited by Ravare

Posted (edited)

Nice!  Maybe I can make some coin now.  I have over a thousand Hardeners and more than that in Gem polishers. Trace of Savagery? Lets see . . . .  1434 atm.  I knew this day would come. LOL.  /kidding

Not kidding about the amounts, just about knowing. lol

I wait till a sturdy plywood and pure crystals are needed then make a butt load of them. Profitable.

Edited by mijorious

Posted

Nice!  Maybe I can make some coin now.  I have over a thousand Hardeners and more than that in Gem polishers. Trace of Savagery? Lets see . . . .  1434 atm.  I knew this day would come. LOL.  /kidding

Not kidding about the amounts, just about knowing. lol

Nice... Ammount like this are enough for me for like 3,4 days max... And what after that 4 days?

Posted

I agree with OP.  Metal Solvent WAS a good money maker.  Since this patch, it has been greatly nerfed.  Kaka wants to force all players to no life grind or spend real cash to buy silver.  This is a very UNWELCOMED undocumented change that hurts those that work hard at alchemy.  WTF KAKA?????????????

Posted (edited)

In last few patches trading was nerfed... Now this big nerf to active trading (its indirect nerf to processing too since most valuable stuff we craft heave depend on alchemy as secondary life skill)... Olny fishing and cooking left, when nerf for this life skills too?

Why in hell you dont remove all life skills from game already, since you dont like us in your game? Wtf you call this as sandobox game when only thing you want to be worth doing is grinding?

Ok here example of change in profit for one of most popular item active crafters make: pure iron crystal... Its for life skiller with both processing and alchemy on master+ lvl:

Before: 2x30,2 (metal solvent cost) + 3x8k= 84,4k/2= 42,2k

MP price is around 80k, then  80kx0,845= 67,6k

25k pure profit on one pure crystal... If you gather iron ores from nodes and rough stones pilgrim heaven manually yourself it was 42,2k...

Now:  2x58k + 3x8k= 140k/2 = 70k

MP price again 80k, then 80x0,845= 67,6k

67,6k - 70k = - 2,4k

If you not gather rough stones and iron ores yourself your profit is NEGATIVE (you loose money crafting it with your master life skills)

If you gather rough stones and iron ores your profit is 19,2k it means:

19,2k x100%/ 42,2k= 45,5%

It means most active crafters who spend hours everyday to gather rough stones and have a lot iron nodes will loose 55% of their profit wit this change on just this one item... That means lvling alch stone as active crafters will be now MORE THEN TWICE AS EXPENSIVE...

Really good job Daum we can call active crafting officially dead now...

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

The crazy thing is, if they designed the life skills properly I bet they could make a nice little profit out of the cash shop with it.  Have some resources in there that cost pence to buy but make them required in a lot of the 'rare' recipes and I think people would still pay.

As it is now, people are losing silver on game skills and feel like they're forced down the grind route.

Posted

Another secret Nerf? I would be shocked...if I was not so totally used to this kind of BS by now.

Posted (edited)

Another secret Nerf? I would be shocked...if I was not so totally used to this kind of BS by now.

its not secret, you have all in patch nodes... They wrote that number of items made with alchemy was adjusted, but i tested it and that adjust means basically nerf by almost 50% from 2,5 proc rate to 1,3...

People are saying that price of crafted items will go up... But thing is people are buying that items to craft finished products with them (rods, yuria weapons, alch stones and wagons mostly)... But in last weeks prices of finished items are in decline (rods because relic even ended and alch stones bcs of oversupply)... Yes probably prices of pure crystals and sturdy will go up, but thing is that ppl will just stop buying them, cause it will be not profitable anymore to craft rods and alch stones using pure crystals from MP... Then whats point in  higher price when demand will fall? That way market will slowly die by itself... It will be simply not enough LIQUIDITY on market!!!!

Guys remember also about one thing... All math i made is for top crafter like me with value pack and high master life skills (both processing and alchemy)... But 95% of crafters dont have life skills that high and numbers for you are even more depressing... And ofc guys without vp should forget about life skills like few months ago anyway...

E: Seems like noone care about alchemists in this game... Good to know... Remember that fishing or cooking can be next target of nerf :))

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

bump. this needs more attention (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

bump. this needs more attention (✿◡‿◡)

Another nerf just occurred since this original post... the 50k blue reagent to make stronger elixirs. Why?