• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can't post on beauty album

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It won't let me post on the beauty album, I tried several characters and classes; tried relogging and trying to take the picture ingame and in character creation. Tried using different titles, putting it in different categories and nothing's working.

Edited by Maris
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I noticed this too yesterday (11/15/2016). Hopefully, the developers will take notice, and correct it.

I thought I was blocked from posting anything, because I had violated something. Then I saw your post!

What happened:

I was clicking the save button on the bottom (the dark, not the blue) to add my character to the beauty album. I clicked yes, when the game asked me to register my character to explorer gallery. At last, I checked the gallery and the character were not there.

What I have done so far:

- Login in and out

- Edit the title, category, adding a description, added an image of my character

- Using different classes

- Waiting a day

- Delete a character from the album. Perhaps Black Desert Online had a limit.

Edited by tomy1
formating, added a new point, grammar
3 people like this

Posted

Having the same issue. Would like to share my pretty "Enchantress" version of Sorceress: :x
LbRAeXi.jpg

Posted

I have tested this but it seems to be working fine. Could you add some screenshots of which buttons you are clicking and where you are trying to find your character template afterwards?

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted (edited)

I have tested this but it seems to be working fine. Could you add some screenshots of which buttons you are clicking and where you are trying to find your character template afterwards?

Best regards,
GM Dew

Today, I figured out something...

If the region is set to "Europe" instead of "North America" (My previous region), I were able to add a character to the beauty album.

What Happened:

The character were successfully added to the beauty album, from switching the region from "North America" to "Europe".

What did I do:

Changed the region from "North America" to "Europe".

Submitted a character to the beauty album (From Europe)

I got redirected to the "Documents" tab, and my character were successfully submitted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some descriptive images about my situation in "North America". (The images are not available to anyone else, if they do not possess the link)

http://imgur.com/a/BsYO4

Edited by tomy1
formating

Posted

I am having the same issue.

Today, I figured out something...

If the region is set to "Europe" instead of "North America" (My previous region), I were able to add a character to the beauty album.

What Happened:

The character were successfully added to the beauty album, from switching the region from "North America" to "Europe".

What did I do:

Changed the region from "North America" to "Europe".

Submitted a character to the beauty album (From Europe)

I got redirected to the "Documents" tab, and my character were successfully submitted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some descriptive images about my situation in "North America". (The images are not available to anyone else, if they do not possess the link)

http://imgur.com/a/BsYO4

Even if we're from NA do we need to change it to EU?

Posted

I sent a ticket:

I can't post anything new on the Beauty Album since 11/15. I've posted a few before but since the 15th, I can take the pictures, enter the name, select the category and everything but after pressing "save," the messages would pop up to confirm and everything but it wouldn't post. Those pop-ups would disappear and the window to input everything would still be there. I've waited days, re-logged, changed channels, changed characters, tried putting different titles, taking the picture in character creation and in-game, everything I could think of and nothing happens. I'm not sure if this applies to everyone though, but at the time I send this ticket, there hasn't been a new customization added to the album since the 15th for all classes.

And this's the reply I got:

Greetings Adventurer! Thank you for reaching out to us! Game Master Haliaeetus here and ready to help!

I understand that you are having trouble updating your beauty album. I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologize for the inconvenience. This could have been caused by an issue with your client's temporary files and I would kindly request you try the following procedure and let me know if it worked:

1. Make sure you have enough free disk space on your HDD/SSD
2. Delete the UserCache folder in "Documents" -> "Black Desert"
3. Delete the Cache folder in your game installation folder.

Deleting the cache will result in parts of the UI and settings being reset.

Following this method should also fix almost any future graphical or keybinding issues you may experience too.

If this still doesn't fix the issue, please attempt a file repair.
To attempt a repair you just need to do the following:
1. Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online)
2. Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck
3. Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files

Please note that, it may look like it is (re)download a massive amount of data but will only download damaged files after checking the whole install.

If this procedure doesn't work you could also attempt updating your java, as this could also be a possible cause.

Kind regards,
GM Haliaeetus
English Game Master

But it didn't work for me since this problem began before the patch this Wednesday, though the beauty album was working fine last Sunday. My friend tried to post something too and it also didn't let him.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just tried using it today and well here I am saying I can't.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i guess all of us changed region to NA and back to EU after the patch was bugged and now we cant showoff pfff :3

Capture_2_BeautyAlbum.jpg

Edited by Chouaal

Posted

~EU Client Version~

Same issue, Album stopped working today (for me).

"Save Current" Button is working.

Taking 2 (two) Photos in Character Creation does work, they will be added

Clicking "Save" Button and answering the Question, if I want to add the creation to Gallery leads to nirvana without any Messages.

Saving Creations to Disk and reloading them from Disk works just fine though.

Posted

Same Issues here, I can take the screenshots, fill in the fields and then hit save and it asks if I want to register to beauty album, I choose yes and then nothing, it gives no message and does not upload to beauty album nor save in my documents.

Posted

I've received information from the QA team that this should be fixed now.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted (edited)

I still have problems, can't save on beauty album.

I click save, he ask me if want to save then he ask me if register in user gallery, and then nothing happen. Exiting from it prompt a message saying all apply will be discarded or soemthing.

EDIT: Managed to register once after 20 try... also is still not working 2 photo?

Nope, I'm trying to save my char in Beauty Album with 2 screenshots and simply doesn't want to save it ><

Edited by Lady_Blackpearl

Posted

Same issue started for me today. Cleared caches and reloaded, not solved.

Posted (edited)

I'm having the same problem .

tried :

Following this method should also fix almost any future graphical or keybinding issues you may experience too.

1. Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online)

all the steps above didn't help.

also tried disable antivirus , and quit any other programs.

restarting my computer didn't solve it either  

even tried on another pc - also didn't work.

my husband account beauty album does not work either 

its like the save button is stuck 

Edited by FakeDreams
wanted to add also my husband account beauty album does not work either

Posted

I am having the same problem. It worked for me the day before yesterday...

Then, when I tried to upload my ranger's looks to the beauty album, simply nothing happened after I filled the form. I click the "save" button and and it asks me "Save ?" - I click yes - It asks me "Register at Gallery?" - I click yes - and then it just returns to the entry form with actually saving it.

Posted

Having this problems... again...

I get this issue a lot but I'm willing to just let it pass until it fixes itself.

Uploading to beauty album > take the images > give my template a name > confirmation of gallery registration > nothing happens.

This isn't the first time i've had this issue - my first time was a few weeks after the beauty album was added into the game, but i just left it and it fixed itself a few days later.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, Beauty Album and Photo Gallery seems broken at the moment, I can't upload anything and I asked some friends if they could, and they have the same problem. Looking at the dates of recent submissions, it looks like it's a server-side problem: nothing has been uploaded since the 26th.

Posted (edited)

@GM_Dew

It's bugged and not letting anybody post (at least not on NA), you can see the post history for it stuck on the 25th. 

Edited by Kyndragon

Posted

Thanks for reporting this and tagging me. I've forwarded it to our database technicians, and the issue should be fixed now.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

problem is now fixed, thank you

Posted

I believe it is down again.

Posted (edited)

I have sent support ticket about it and here its how it looks like 

• Hello 
    I can not upload to the beauty album. 
    I can take the screenshots, write the name, and description. 
    Pressing Save asks me if I want to save, and if I want to register in gallery 
    Doing that does nothing. It won't actually save. And if I click on anything else, I will be asked "You haven't saved yet. Discard the text?" 
    I can see other people can post their works , but there is small group of people with the same problem as me. 
    I would like to know if I was blocked somehow due to someone complain about me or if I abused the rules in anyway that made me to get blocked . 
    I love creating characters and sharing my work with others. I love taking pictures of my creations too but i cant even save it to my own album , even if I dont want to post it for others to see. 
    its the reason why I buy from black desert the value peck because than I can just fish and create my characters it whats keep me in this game 
    I hope its just some kind of bug that will get fixed soon . 
    thanks in advance 

GM :Tuesday at 20:57
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Black Desert Online. My name is GM Szyslak and I will be handling your ticket today.

I am sorry that this issue has been effecting you. It could be caused by your cache file. Please try the following to resolve the issue:
     1.Make sure that you have enough free disk space on your HDD/SSD (40gb for installer - another 40gb for the client)
     2.Delete the UserCache folder in "Documents" -> "Black Desert"
     3.Delete the Cache folder in your game installation folder.
     4.Delete the service.ini in your game installation folder (if present).? 
     5.Delete the service.ini in your game installation/bin64 folder (if present).?

I hope this resolves your issue please don't hesitate to contact us again, should you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

GM 
    English Games Master

Our knowledge base is regularly updated with current issues. It will answer some of the most common questions and save you having to wait for a response from a Games Master.

You can access the knowledge base by following the link below. 
    https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

You can also follow our social media pages for news and announcements. https://www.facebook.com/BlackDesertOnline/ https://twitter.com/BDO_news

•  
    Me:Wednesday at 07:21

Hello GM 
    here are the steps I tried

all the steps above didn't help.

also tried disable antivirus , and quit any other programs.

restarting my computer didn't solve it either

even tried on another pc - also didn't work.

my husband account beauty album does not work either

its like the save button is stuck

I also posted it in the forums

you can see there more people having the same problem

and when I look inside the game I can see no one else posted new creation since 26/3/2017

so it's a global problem

I didnt try

4.Delete the service.ini in your game installation folder (if present).? 
     5.Delete the service.ini in your game installation/bin64 folder (if present).?

but since I can see its a global problem my hope is it will get fixed today after maintenance

If it will not be fixed Im also gonna try steps 4 and 5.

thank you kindly for your quick respond

GM :Wednesday at 10:04
    I am sorry that this issue has effected you. I know you have tried to repair files already but could you try repair them from the launcher using the steps below:
    1. Start the launcher and click on the cogwheel icon on the top-right corner of the window.
    2. Press on the "Click To Start" button, right next to the "Repair Mode". (See the screenshot below).
      .eJwFwdsNwyAMAMBdGAAb8whkG4sgQpQUBO5X1N1
    3. Press on the "Yes" button below: 
      .eJwFwVsSgyAMAMC7cAASwqPW2zCIiKOGCelXp3f

Please note that, it may look like it is (re)downloading a massive amount of data but will only download damaged files after checking the whole install. It can take 5-30 minutes depending on your network and PC condition.
    .eJwFwcsNwyAMANBdGAAb80nIAr1VXQERRJCSGIF

I hope this resolves your issue. if it does not, could you provide me with a screenshot of this issue so i can build a case for it.

Kind regards,

GM 
    English Games Master

Our knowledge base is regularly updated with current issues. It will answer some of the most common questions and save you having to wait for a response from a Games Master.

You can access the knowledge base by following the link below. 
    https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

You can also follow our social media pages for news and announcements. https://www.facebook.com/BlackDesertOnline/ https://twitter.com/BDO_news

•  
    Me:Wednesday at 18:14

Hello

I tried all the steps you suggested, but without any luck

Please find a video showing the issue at: 
    https://youtu.be/nwDLMjLqS3w

The two screenshots attached to this mail, show that I'm unable to see any new creations and that the last creations uploaded (for me) is the 26th of March.

Hope this helps to solve the issue

Best regards 

GM  (Black Desert Online)

Mar 31, 18:02 CEST

Dear Adventurer,

After checking this with our database technicians, it seems that we had an issue with the Beauty Album on our side. They are currently working on fixing it, and we expect it to be fixed within a few hours.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We really appreciate these reports as they help us make the game better!
    If you have any other issues or if you find anything that bothers you, please don't hesitate to create a new ticket and I will assist you in any way I can.

Best Regards,
    GM 
    Black Desert Online Customer Support

Edited by FakeDreams
Just got a replay from GM :)

Posted

I have sent support ticket about it and here its how it looks like 

I can see that your ticket was sent on Wednesday. We recognised an issue on our side with the Beauty Album yesterday and fixed it. Can you see if it's working now for you?

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted (edited)

thank you for replaying us fast about the issue 

rock on Gm Dew.

Edited by FakeDreams
more details