• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pvp at boss = bann?

79 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So guys i have just heard that it is possible to get banned for killing people of enemy guilds at bosses like kzarka and i just wanted to know if anyone can confirm if this is true? thanks in advance

also i want to mention that those players didnt get their loot if that would be a reason

Edited by Flexxo

Posted (edited)

No...this isnt true lmao

you can kill anyone anywhere in this game for whatever reason you want. it's all legal.

Edited by Catclaw
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

You are not allowed to use pk/pvp to destroy the game experience of other players i guess. -> player griefing.

some ingame people quote me the terms (after pking sausans) that said: (looks like they translated it from russian bdo rules, the rule might be added in the future at Eu/Na BDO)

PvP Harassment
We do not condone the act of constantly PKing someone, or a specific group, without any verifiable & legitimate reason, to the point that they are just about unable to play without being PK'd.

1. Offender
    1. Taking screen shots of why you've decided to repeatedly PK someone might save you from punishment.
  2. Victim
    1. We will only act in extreme cases. Wasting Cash Shop Items due to a PKer is not extreme.
    2. If you know a PKer is around, you need to try avoiding them. If they continuously hunt you down, no matter where in the world you can go to escape them, you may want to report them.
Edited by JuicyJanna
1 person likes this

Posted

You are not allowed to use pk/pvp to destroy the game experience of other players i guess. -> player griefing.

some ingame people quote me the terms (after pking sausans) that said: (looks like they translated it from russian bdo rules, the rule might be added in the future at Eu/Na BDO)

PvP Harassment
We do not condone the act of constantly PKing someone, or a specific group, without any verifiable & legitimate reason, to the point that they are just about unable to play without being PK'd.

1. Offender
    1. Taking screen shots of why you've decided to repeatedly PK someone might save you from punishment.
  2. Victim
    1. We will only act in extreme cases. Wasting Cash Shop Items due to a PKer is not extreme.
    2. If you know a PKer is around, you need to try avoiding them. If they continuously hunt you down, no matter where in the world you can go to escape them, you may want to report them.

However the rule may be added in the future. you can still pk people now without consequence. however to be perfectly honest would be a waste of karma to pk someone for no reason. Now someone coming in on your grind spot or being at kzarka and your guild is at war with another is still perfectly acceptable behavior.

However the rule may be added in the future. you can still pk people now without consequence. however to be perfectly honest would be a waste of karma to pk someone for no reason. Now someone coming in on your grind spot or being at kzarka and your guild is at war with another is still perfectly acceptable behavior.

Note if they added this in NA servers then the game would lose a lot of players. however pvp'ers will almost always find a way to kill the little carebears.

Posted

Then why do we have desert and that prison for if we PK and get banned :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm pretty sure you can kill people indiscriminately if you have the karma or not at any time or place in red zones

Posted

ummm lets see top 40 dps get loot so wouldent the idea be to mass pvp while your at it so you have a better chance of getting best loot?

Posted

LMAO , carebears amaze me everyday.

6 people like this

Posted

You don't get banned. Would make no sense anyway, as it is absolutely vital to keep enemy players from getting boss loot.

Posted

Am I in trouble for spawn camping a player at war for over 50 kills? I didn't mean to!

Posted (edited)

Sure, let me turn off my AoE skills because an enemy guild deciced to walk into it at a boss. avatar_210d8d3173c2_64.png

Edited by DarkBever
2 people like this

Posted

Am I in trouble for spawn camping a player at war for over 50 kills? I didn't mean to!

No, you are not. As he could simply log out and log in again in a different channel, it doesn't count as harassment.

Posted (edited)

Ah, you are experiencing and discussing the Fine Line of what constitutes "denial of play" and "harassment" versus "legitimate pvp"

This is a topic that has hundreds and hundreds of pages of opinionated responses, that will go on forever.

In the end, it is only something the staff can and will decide on a case per case basis.

Very well versed and schooled in this subject I am. Withhold my commentary to see what others write first I shall.

Edited by Andaro

Posted

What the ----- is this topic, are you serious xDD ?

Posted

PvP Harassment

1. Offender
  2. Victim

This is irrelevant as it applies to PK deaths not GvG deaths, and you could easily come up with a bullshit excuse of X person was in my grind spot so I repeatedly killed them. That's a really crappy system setup with so many loop holes and it'll never be implemented in our version. 

Posted (edited)

Honestly, the ability to PK in games such as BDO will always turn away more players than it attracts.

It isn't PvP. It isn't GvG. It isn't a test of skills against another player on a level playing field. It isn't some immersive RPG experience where you live life on the edge while out in the wilds. It's a legitimized way for someone to mess with someone else's game experience.

Having said that, you can't start throwing bans around for people who do it. If you start handing out matches to a bunch of kids, you have to accept the responsibility when they start setting fire to stuff...

Edited by Redlocks

Posted

So guys i have just heard that it is possible to get banned for killing people of enemy guilds at bosses like kzarka and i just wanted to know if anyone can confirm if this is true? thanks in advance

also i want to mention that those players didnt get their loot if that would be a reason

Bullshit. You can pvp as much as you want at bosses. You go toggle alt+c and kill every single player at a boss and there is no reason to ban. 

You are not bugusing or exploiting when simply killing ppl arnt you. 

Posted

PvP Harassment

1. Offender
  2. Victim

They give an explicit case to where they draw the line. Basically if you're hunting someone down in the world continuously you're not a war with, for the explicit reason to mess with them or ruin their experience. I hadn't known this existed in another region. Though for our sake I hope it doesnt come into our region because while although it punishes petty behavior, Karma bombing is literally done in the exact same flavor. Both are done to ruin someones game experience.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

PvP Harassment

1. Offender
  2. Victim

These rules are ridiculous. I'm not a PK but if these rules were to be implemented into our version of the game it would take away a lot of the PVP aspect and make the world overall way less dangerous, reducing the thrill factor. I'm not saying that it's fun to be PKed but it's part of this world and one of the reasons why people gear up, to be able to stand up and fight against other people who hunt/defend.

Edited by Medra

Posted

I start flagging everyone with my guildys when boss is about 15% left

fact is if you manage to kill many folk you will get better loot

Posted

I can't even imagine this being true

Posted

When you see lots of people at karanda and low fps, this is what you need to do : 

1- Flag up

2- Drop a black hole

Profit! 

1 person likes this

Posted

As you can do this using ingame mechanics without abusing any exploits or bugs I cant imagine getting banned for that. If they didnt want players to be able to pk other players multiple times in row or even look for them(velia npc) then they obviously made a mistake at creating the pk rules as they are and implementing this npc.

Posted

LOL just no.

Posted

PvP Harassment

1. Offender
  2. Victim

:-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD