• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What is wrong with my game

10 posts in this topic

Posted

my game gives me the message that it has stopped working multiple times a day, sometimes 2-3 time an hour. Im not the only one, it's not my pc, it happens to my friends who play the game and also to some guild members, just what the -----

Posted

Could it be possible you have a memory leak? I've been dealing with a nasty one since installing, and even reinstalling hasn't helped it.

My boyfriend has no memory leak issues with his game, so it's just something that I have to shrug and deal with.

Posted

Please change the title :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Adjusted the title a bit

Posted

I get the occasional crash, maybe one a week at worst, so yeah, there are crash bugs in the game, but not at the level you are describing. Problem is, these days the PC environment is very complex, different hardware + drivers, AV software (usually worse than the disease) and other software running can all make any program unstable. Sure programs should be more tolerant to exceptions and BDO could be improved in this respect, but the fact that your system is significantly less stable than most also points to something going on with your system. So take a look at your drivers (don;t forget the mobo driver, it's not all about the graphics card) and especially look at AV software (which I hate, you need something but don't go anywhere near norton/mcafee)

Posted (edited)

I've had 2 crashes since the patch just before the last one and both times players and NPCs stopped loading 1-2min before the game crashed. Might indeed be some kind of memory leak since it happens gradually.

Edited by Korvgubben
gram3rz

Posted

You can check this easily by using Resource Monitor (press Windows key and type Resource Monitor)

Posted

my game gives me the message that it has stopped working multiple times a day, sometimes 2-3 time an hour. Im not the only one, it's not my pc, it happens to my friends who play the game and also to some guild members, just what the -----

i7 3770

16gb ram

960 4

120 down 20 up

and sometimes I get lag and it does the same.

Does not matter if we have potato or nasa machine the lag between them and us can kill us 

it if happens more often, clear settings check, and do a version delete,

Scan and fragment harddrive

and check if on wifi or lan cable.

hope this helps 

Posted

Scan and fragment harddrive

and check if on wifi or lan cable.

hope this helps 

If  you are on a hard drive, this is your problem. BDO disk access is terrible and you get a lot of crashes just afk running.

If you are on an SSD the game will run a lot smoother and cut a lot of crashes out, but do not defrag an SSD

Posted (edited)

If  you are on a hard drive, this is your problem. BDO disk access is terrible and you get a lot of crashes just afk running.

If you are on an SSD the game will run a lot smoother and cut a lot of crashes out, but do not defrag an SSD

A good scan disk has actually improved my running, and I am a tech so nothing new here 

6/gb sata works well too 

Edited by piratebeowolf

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0